Start by marking “Retiring Sooner: How to Accelerate Your Financial Independence” as Want to Read:
Retiring Sooner: How to Accelerate Your Financial Independence

Retiring Sooner: How to Accelerate Your Financial Independence

Learn how to accelerate your financial independence:

What you must know to retire sooner

The single most important factor for monitoring and achieving financial independence

The potential retirement lifestyles, and how much they will cost you

Secrets to controlling inflation in your lifestyle

The essential money tools for achieving financial independence

A quick introduction to
Published May 26th 2013 by Darrow Kirkpatrick (first published May 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Retiring Sooner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retiring Sooner

Alex Gustafson
Jun 06, 2013 Alex Gustafson rated it liked it
Got this ebook for free off Amazon (thanks to a notice from Mr. Money Mustache) and it was good enough to read through. Not much new insight here for folks that have already read the entirety of the ERE and MMM canon -- but it looks like Darrow has his own online following and they probably requested information in book form just like has happened with Jacob from ERE.

If you're looking for a book to share with folks that need some perspective, but might be turned off by Jacob or MMM's extreme bad
April
Jan 24, 2016 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Mr. Kirkpatrick saved, invested, had his own businesses and retired at 50. Retiring early is something to aspire to, and the author gives steps and guidelines for making it potentially possible for each of us. He does talk from his own perspective and so as I have seen in other reviews there are those who take offense at some of his opinions. He has been successful in the way he proceeded so it gives him some credibility. Not everything he suggested like having your own business or owning rental ...more
Lisa Hoffman
Nov 22, 2015 Lisa Hoffman rated it liked it
A solid book on retiring early for beginners

If you're familiar with the concept of early retirement, you'll find no revelations here. But if you're a beginner this book is a good introduction. My personal opinion is the book is just a tad bit boring. Financial independence can be an exciting topic, but this book was a bit dry. I also wish there were more specifics of the author's journey. He mentions several times he sold a business; I kept wondering about the payout. I also wonder if his own ex
Ken Sharp
Jun 13, 2013 Ken Sharp rated it really liked it
I personally didn't learn anything new from this book but that is because I've been a long-time reader of Mister Money Mustache. I think this book is really well laid out and may be more approachable to newbies than the (sometimes extreme) MMM or ERE blogs. It does a good job of covering all the important topics.

I may buy a paper copy of this just to loan to others that need to learn about financial independence.
Kristin
Jan 01, 2016 Kristin rated it really liked it
Solid primer on the basics of early retirement/financial independence. If you haven't already dived deeply into Kirkpatrick's blog "Can I Retire Yet?", this is a good summary of the most important points from his blog posts.
John Galt
May 22, 2015 John Galt rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource for anyone seeking to retire

A quick read with a comprehensive look at retiring at any age. Especially important was the section regarding YOUR personal inflation rate. Ignore the government's numbers, focus on YOUR spending and where it can be adjusted.
s/vOdin
Feb 04, 2014 s/vOdin rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Quick and dirty advice for retiring early. Make more, save more, spend less. No new info for me here, but good motivation to keep cutting costs.
Charles R. Lewis
Jan 27, 2015 Charles R. Lewis rated it it was amazing
Easy reading

Enjoyed his personal journey to financial peace. Action plan transition you to making a course of implementing something to address the topic being discussed
David Božjak
Mar 02, 2014 David Božjak rated it liked it
I've learned nothing new in this book - but I think it is a good, SHORT, first look into early retirement. If you are already a reader of Mr Money Mustache, don't expect to learn from this book.
Suzanne Amos
Suzanne Amos rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Shayne
Jun 05, 2013 Shayne rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
A different, less extreme perspective on retiring early.
Cory Clendening
Cory Clendening rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2013
Bob
Bob rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2013
Femmefrugality
Femmefrugality rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Gabriel Hesson
Gabriel Hesson rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Casey Woolley
Casey Woolley rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2013
Jake Desyllas
Jake Desyllas rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2013
Julio Gonzalez
Julio Gonzalez rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
cody williams
cody williams rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Ryan Carlson
Ryan Carlson rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Dave Cox
Dave Cox rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Victor
Victor rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Dan Romo
Dan Romo rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014