Start by marking “The Jane Yellowrock World Companion” as Want to Read:
The Jane Yellowrock World Companion

The Jane Yellowrock World Companion (Jane Yellowrock)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  637 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Jane Yellowrock is a shapeshifting skinwalker who means bad news for the undead. Now, she’s back and better than ever, as USA Today bestselling author Faith Hunter gives readers an in-depth glimpse at Jane’s world…plus an all-new Jane Yellowrock novella!

The gritty, sexy, and thrilling New Orleans of the Jane Yellowrock novels is about to be exposed in a whole new way. Fill
Published December 10th 2013 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about The Jane Yellowrock World Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jane Yellowrock World Companion

Marta Cox
Dec 11, 2013 Marta Cox rated it really liked it
This is a companion book designed to help explain the world that Jane Yellowrock lives in. Clearly it's a must for all her fans out there but it's also a fun read for those new to the series as it's full of her trademark action and humour. If you have seen or read companion books to other series then you will know what to expect but it is well worth a read.
Jane Yellowrock is a skin walker and this book gives lots of background information to both old and new readers alike. If you are a huge dieh
Marianne
Although The Jane Yellowrock World Companion has been branded a must read by the publishers, I'd say it's more of a take it or leave it kind of book. Personally, I enjoyed parts of it immensely, especially Beast's Q & A section. Beast's world view is always enjoyable and often my favorite part of the Jane Yellowrock books. This time she's as catty as ever.

There was also a short list of Clan Pellissier's family tree. Interesting - though admittedly most for the die-hard(ish) fans.

If you're
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Oct 07, 2014 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it liked it
I’ll admit, I am generally not a fan of companion books, but the authors manage to suck me in with well placed novellas buried inside. In this case, I heard there were stories from Bruiser’s POV and I really wanted to hear his voice. Sadly, I found the first 15% of this book to be an utter waste. It starts with an assortment of Jane quotes. Then historical bloodlines. Then a completely inane Q&A with Beast, where I couldn’t even force myself to read all the way through. I’m just going to spa ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jan 01, 2014 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it it was ok
I’m a big fan of Faith Hunter’s Jane Yellowrock series so when the companion came into my hands I was excited to delve into it.

Companions can be excellent additions to a series, especially a long book series, bringing together all the information of the series in one place, being a handy one stop guide to questions, elaborating on all those little elements of the series that just cannot be included in the main books but are still hinted about – they can be excellent additions. Any author writing
Beth
Dec 09, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
Delve deep into the bare bones of the Jane Yellowrock series with this marvelously and insightful companion guide.

In The Jane Yellowrock World Companion we are treated to a detailed list of all the Yellowrock characters, a Jane Yellowrock short story, Beasts wisdom on many topics while answering fan questions; Favorite and memorial book quotes, and a comprehensive glossary. I have to admit my favorite part of this companion was the quotes. I found myself laughing out loud as I relived some of th
Tammy
An extremely thorough look at the world of Jane Yellowrock. Descriptions of all major characters, explanations of the world and its inhabitants, and a detailed synopsis of every story, novella, and book to date, with the exception of the brand new Black Arts which will be released in January 2014.

This book also contains two shorts from Bruiser's pov, and a fantastic novella about Jane and Beast.

(Provided by publisher)
Rachel Vance
Dec 26, 2013 Rachel Vance rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this companion book, it explains what has happened in each book up to this point so if you're like me and have been reading them since they first came out this is a good refresher to get us ready for Black Arts. The short story was Jane/Beasts usual exciting tale. Lots of action with a great story, this time about some Werewolves killing people and Rick and his crew are teaming up with Jane and her team to find out what is going on and to put a stop to it. Since I have the hots
Katie
Great companion book for the series. I particularly appreciated the plot summaries of the books and short stories available! Definitely useful when the next book comes out and I can't remember what happened, or if I want to know which book to re-read to catch up on a particular part. I'd recommend this to any Jane Yellowrock fan as a treat to tide us over while we're waiting for the next installment!
Mitticus
3.5 stars for Beneath a Bloody Moon (Novellete)
[Take place after Blood Trade, after the short story “The Devil’s Left Boot” in the anthology Kicking It, and before Black Arts. Before Mardi Gras.]

--------------------------------------------

-JY Companion Guide Major Character List

-First Sight - Bruiser
Brenda Rezk
Dec 27, 2013 Brenda Rezk rated it liked it
I liked the two short stories from Bruiser's point-of-view and *loved* the novella. The one of the short stories takes place during the time of "Skinwalker", the other between books three and four. They are great insights into what Bruiser, and to some extent, Leo, as well, were thinking and feeling with regards to Jane at the time. I wish the stories had been longer, especially as I'm rooting for camp Bruiser. ;-)

The novella, "Beneath a Bloody Moon", was golden! This story takes place between
Torzilla
Dec 20, 2013 Torzilla rated it really liked it
Wasn't too thrilled with all the summary stuff. Background info is cool, but I feel like that should be provided on a website as a free and fun feature for fans.

Was ready to give this book a 2 star until I read Bruiser's two mini stories. Those were fun. Gave a great insight to his character and swayed me toward the pairing I'm rooting for. Though I think I've been leaning more toward this couple for a few books now, so....

Started hoping the rest of the the ebook would be similar in nature. Ins
Debrac2014
Nov 01, 2014 Debrac2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it! Especially the three short stories!
Lila
May 30, 2015 Lila added it
Shelves: uf, ss

To be honest, this companion novel does nothing for someone like me who is binging on series: I don't need reminders of what happens.
On the other hand, I don't think I would find it particularly useful even if I read every book when they were released- I read some other long-running series like Dresden Files and didn't felt the need for recaps of every book, but it doesn't mean it's like that for everyone else.
I was mostly interested in short stories.

The Jane Yellowrock World Companion contains:
Theresa
Mar 04, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
Great J.Y. companion. They did a good job of it. There are a lot of interesting things included.

I needed it for the glossary as I’d forgotten some of the terms found in the newest book "Black Arts' and it helped me remember the storylines of the earlier ones. The synopsis from the stories are in chronological order and the larger novels have synopsis of each chapter, so they’re like mini books.

There’s a list of some of Jane’s weapons, a Clan Pellissier’s blood history family tree and a major
Jeanny
Dec 11, 2013 Jeanny rated it it was ok
I was REALLY disappointed in the editing. It was a struggle to read any of the companion/glossary/list type portion of the book. It had serious formatting issues (duplicate terms half definitions etc) Except when it came to the short story & the preview to the 2014 release. Frustrating

I gave it two stars bc I enjoyed Bruiser's POV on Jane, it included a good short story towards the end & preview. Without that i'd have given it a 1 star & returned it.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
First Sight - 4.0 stars

Jane's first meeting with Leo and Bruiser told from Bruiser's POV.

Kind of sexy . . . But I'm still not #teambruiser

#teamjane

Dance Master - 4.5 stars

Okay . . . That was HOT.

I'm still #teamjane but now I'm closer to #teambruiser than I've been since that limo ride in one of the first books . . . youknowwhatimtalkingabout *fans self*

Beneath a Bloody Moon - 3.0 stars

If Faith Hunter has a flaw, it's overusing concepts and/or revamping (HA!) ideas that have previously been tr
Pam Blome
Jan 06, 2014 Pam Blome rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is one of my favorite reads, so maybe I am pre-disposed to love all her books. Of course, this was no exception.

As the World Companion, this book is also about the series and the world created by Ms. Hunter. There are synopses of all the books and short stories thus far, as well as a novella leading up to next installment due out any day now, Black Arts!

The novella was great, in "Under a Bloody Moon," Jane and her crew of Eli and the Kid have been contracted
Jaymie
Dec 30, 2013 Jaymie rated it really liked it
Let me start off with pointing out that I am not usually a big fan of series companions or reference books, but this one is quite well done. This gets my "thumbs up" by being much more than a compilation of dry facts about the JY world.

The short scenes and novella were the real draw for me, but I have to admit that after a series stretches out past the first few books it gets harder and harder for me to keep track of the action, especially when I've read other series while waiting for the new re
Tara (box5angel)
As much as I love Beast and do find her funny at times and she's a huge part of Jane. I felt the Q&A went on a little longer than necessary. Other than that, I really liked this companion. You got a review of sorts of the characters and language from the series. And a mini synopsis of each book and short story - if you haven't read all the books or short stories, don't read this till you have done do. Or just skip over that part. You will be spoiled.

I really liked the two short stories and
Melindeeloo
Jan 12, 2014 Melindeeloo rated it liked it
I read the stories in this Jane Yellowrock Companion - but not all of the summaries - I felt like I was pretty up to date on the series since I just finished Blood Trade. I liked both ofthe Bruiser POVs but they were so short. The novella was pretty good, it was fun to see Jane's new little family( the Youngers) on the job with her as she solves a mystery and I liked seeing the Grindylo and the Mercy Blade too, but it was weird that she seems to consider Ricky her boyfriend after the way things ...more
Anne
Jan 27, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
I barely looked at some of the beginning stuff focusing on the short stories. There were two stories, with a
Bruiser point of view, which was interesting, he does like and respect Jane. But he is under Leo's control.

The last one which in time follows Black Water, really helped flush out that book. It also gave us more Rick and Jane. I'd really like to get some of Rick's point of view in this time frame. He certainly doesn't treat Jane as well as he could.

I was happy to have these stories. I lik
Faye
Aug 24, 2016 Faye rated it really liked it
Read: October 2015
Rating: 4/5 stars

It has been almost two years since I read my last Jane Yellowrock novel (Blood Trade in January 2014) and a year since I read Black Water - a short story collection set in Jane Yellowrock's world. I had forgotten a lot of the major plot points and some of the main characters so this companion guide was a very timely read for me as a recap of everything that has happened in the series so far before I go on to read Black Arts.

Jane Yellowrock Companion Guide Gloss
Bitten_by_Books
Jan 05, 2014 Bitten_by_Books rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the world of Jane Yellowrock- Cherokee skinwalker/rogue vampire hunter extraordinaire. Filled with an in-depth timeline of the series to date, a character list, glossary, an interview with Beast, and new stories only found in the companion, this read immerses you in one of the best urban fantasy series on the market.

Jane Yellowrock World Companion is bar none one of the best companion guides I have ever read. Everything you expect to find in a companion is here but where it really shi
Kristin
Dec 28, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Bitten By Books:

LAB☺
Jan 11, 2014 LAB☺ rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
I don't usually bother with novellas and companion books, but wanted a refresher on what happened previously in this series before Black Arts came out. This companion was definitely helpful filling in some of the blanks. I actually liked the book summaries - they reminded me and clued me in on stuff that I didn't pick up before. I liked the stories from Bruiser's POV. I skipped some of the other shorts(the one with Molly's sisters and all of the Beast POV stuff) but did skim the story one with R ...more
Brandy Ackerley
Jan 15, 2014 Brandy Ackerley rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Good book and the short stories were fun. Beast's views on life were awesome, but I was less than pleased with the 285 page skip in the middle of "The Story So Far"... while it's nice to have something like that, I must admit, as someone who tries to re-read a series when a new book comes out, I was less than fond of it. Still, good book and worth the $3-$4 bucks the ebook costs. A worthy addition, especially if you are already a fan of the series.
Dana
Jun 03, 2015 Dana rated it really liked it
A great "companion" piece that gives--in condensed form--the details about Jane Yellowrock. It also branches out to give new stories that aren't published elsewhere. Insight into the characters is given in a fun, clear manner. Enjoyed this.
Lisa Fenley
Apr 29, 2015 Lisa Fenley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Great background information on Jane Yellowrock's world and three short stories. Loved it!
Michael
Oct 19, 2014 Michael rated it liked it
The original material in the new stories is great, the insights into the character of Bruiser and the novella about Jane hunting some rogue werewolves. The rest of the book is reprinted or filler, though, so the overall value of the book isn't that great. Probably a must for real fans of the series, not so much for casual readers.
Glenda
Sep 18, 2014 Glenda rated it liked it
Not a big fan of companion books but the short stories saved this one.
Urban Fantasy Afi...: October 2015 Series Bonus Read - The Jane Yellowrock Companion 2 7 Oct 09, 2015 06:12AM
Free Jane Yellowrock Story! 2 19 Dec 26, 2013 11:15PM
  • Easy Pickings (Walker Papers, #7.6; Jane Yellowrock, #3.1)
  • Zombie's Bite (Dorina Basarab, #0.1)
  • Beary Guarded (Polar Bliss, #2)
  • Bad for You 1 (Bad for You, #1)
  • Wild Card (Raine Benares, #0.5)
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
  • The Hunger (Rogues of Scotland, #2)
  • Reign of Beasts (Creature Court, #3)
  • A Liaden Universe® Constellation: Volume Two
  • The Warrior's Forbidden Virgin (MacEgan Brothers, #5.5)
  • The Mating Heat (Werewolves of Montana, #0.5)
  • Highlander's Touch (Highland Bound, #4)
  • Kindling
  • The Curious Case of Miss Amelia Vernet
  • Third Time Lucky: And Other Stories of the Most Powerful Wizard in the World
  • Weightless (Begin Again Duet #2)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Cash Brothers, #5)
  • Payoff (Mindspace Investigations, #1.5)
Faith Hunter's Skinwalker series is dark urban fantasy, featuring Jane Yellowrock, a full blooded Cherokee and hunter of rogue-vampires. Jane Yellowrock is a shape changer (shapeshifter) in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The
More about Faith Hunter...

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • The Devil's Left Boot (Jane Yellowrock #6.1)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)