Start by marking “Let Me Be The One (The Sullivans, #6)” as Want to Read:
Let Me Be The One (The Sullivans, #6)

Let Me Be The One (The Sullivans #6)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  9,237 ratings  ·  411 reviews
How far would you go for a friend?

Back in San Francisco preparing for her big art show, Vicki Bennett needs help protecting herself and her career from the unwelcome advances of one of the judges. She knows that her longtime friend and baseball star, Ryan Sullivan, will know just how to handle things, and he's the only person she can imagine asking for help.

Ryan is thril
Published December 31st 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published August 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Be The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me Be The One

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

As teenagers, Vicki and Ryan were inseparable. However, whatever romantic feelings they had for each other were held under tight wraps for fear that one wrong move could tear their friendship apart. For a long while, their friendship kept them in touch over the years, but after fifteen years of not seeing each other, Vicki asks a major favor from Ryan in a moment of panic.

As a talented artist, Vicki makes stunning works of art with her hands. Her latest endeavour involv
Jen
Another great installment in the Sullivan series. One thing that I am loving about this series is that each book is totally unique to the sibling that it is about. Depending on the personality of the character the story is focused on is what makes the tone of the book.

This story is about the famous baseball player, Ryan Sullivan and his childhood friend Vicki. Back in high school Vicki saved Ryan's life, and after that they became very close friends. Unfortuneatly their timing for each other to
Wendy
"Kindness is incredibly sexy."

Hot on the edges as two friends deny their deep feelings for one another. The chemistry and sexual tension as well as the inner conflict of taking a frienship to a different level had me hooked.

Ryan truly is swoon worthy, as well as generous, thoughtful and there when you need him. He's a girl's knight in shining armor and gorgeous to boot! Vicki is trying to prove herself in the art world and I admired her tenacity and her struggles for her craft.

This is a lovely s
Splage
4.5 Stars
Genre: Contemporary Erotica Romance
Heat Barometer: 5 out of 5 flames

Awesome audiobook, with a fabulous narrator, fast moving story, hot, hot passion with lots of sexy scenes. What I loved: Ryan!!!, sex on a stick hero, athlete with his tight, hot, gorgeous body, knight in shining armor who comes running to save the heroine, Vicky, when she gets caught in an uncomfortable situation. Such a noble hottie!

Ryan and Vicky have been best friends since they were young. She was an artist and fro
Guilty Pleasures
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4 Stars

Let Me Be The One is book 6 in The Sullivan series. It seems like I have been waiting forever to learn more about Ryan. Let me just say I was not disappointed in this man at all. He is exactly how I pictured him to be. This really is a great addition to an astonishing series.

Ryan and Vicki were best friends in high school. They both had more than friendly feelings toward each other, but neither of them wanted to risk the chance of destroying what
Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance

This sixth book of the series is a story for anyone who loves a good ‘friends to lover’ hero-heroine pairings. With plausible protagonists and pleasing romance angle this book doesn’t disappoint to fulfill a promise of a well-spent afternoon.

Vicky is back in town after a messy divorce to apply for her fellowship in arts, but she wants to turn down the advances of an influential man who could make that possible. Along comes Ryan Sullivan, her best-friend of all t
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I absolutely love this series and Bella Andre. Can't wait for Smith's book next!! Loved Ryan's book~so good!! I love returning to the world of the Sullivans~I get pulled into the stories every time and hate when I am finished and have to leave these wonderful characters behind. So far my favorites of the series are still Marcus&Nicola and Sophie&Jake!!!
4 out of 5 rating.
Nefise

I usually like to read friends to lovers stories so I chose it eagerly. First quarter was not impressed me, as if it lack of a solid friends-to-lover plot.

I think the success of friends-to-lovers trope is about persuasiveness. Reader should see and feel that protagonists are really friends and how they start to feeling stronger emotions with each other.
Usually if I don't like story, either I don't buy friendship or the part being more is not well handled.
In this story, I started to rea
Well Ms. Andre did it again. Let Me Be The One was wonderful. Ryan was so swoon worthy and sweet he made my teeth hurt:) LOL. Like the rest of the series I thought this book was well told. The story between Ryan and Vicki was great. It over course was your typical friends to lovers story but this one just hit me in all the right spots. Plus Ms. Andre really knows how to write a steamy scene. These books have definitely gotten better as the time has past. I truly enjoyed the 1st book of the serie ...more
Kellie G.
Not sure how it's possible for me to fall more in love with this series and the Sullivan family, but I do with each new book!
Joy (joyous reads)
Ryan Sullivan is the kind of hero that I’m fond of reading about. I’m a big sports nut and muscled athletes just blow my skirt right up. Anyway, he’s been in love with his best friend since they were fifteen but he didn’t want to mess up that friendship by letting the horny teen out and making a pass at Vicki – the artistic introvert who saved him from being crushed by a car. Many years gone by, relationships crashed and burned and he gets a text message from Vicki needing his help. Long story s ...more
Peggy Bird
Star baseball pitcher Ryan Sullivan gets a text message from an old high school friend that sends him racing into San Francisco to return the favor of saving her the way she's saved him years before. Sculptor Vicki Bennet asks him to be her fake boyfriend to protect her from the attentions of a man who could hold the success of her career in his hands. Ryan agrees. He's never forgotten Vicki or what she did to save his life and sees this as a chance to pay back what he feels he owes her as well ...more
Jenny E
This was probably closer to a 2.5 read for me.

I'd always liked Ryan in the other Sullivan books, and he surely did NOT disappoint as a character in the hotness factor. The friends-to-lovers storyline usually appeals to me, but NOT when it's rife with miscommunication, misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and missed opportunities to be honest with each other - manufactured drama!

This series that has been my guilty pleasure of late, but this book missed the mark!

Jenn

I give Let me be the one a 3.5. It was a sweet story, and was a little different formula that I have seen in this series which I really like. There was NO big misunderstanding or fight which was a nice change of pace. It made more believable of two lifetime friends. I really can't wait for Smith story
Katina
This was amazing! It was hands down, the best book of the series! I'm so looking forward to reading Smith's book next! And, I just heard that Ms. Andre is continuing with a spinoff of this series!!! That's fantastic news.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
What can I say that hasn't been said? It's what I needed. It's the Sullivan's. It's hot, romantic and complete. It's the perfect book. Bring on the next one. Batter up!
Ashley Lovett anderson
How far would you go for a friend?

Back in San Francisco preparing for her big art show, Vicki Bennett needs help protecting herself and her career from the unwelcome advances of one of the judges. She knows that her longtime friend and baseball star Ryan Sullivan will know just how to handle things, and he's the only person she can imagine asking for help.

Ryan is thrilled to have Vicki back in his life, and he will do anything to protect her from harm, including playing the role of "pretend boyf
Marsha
To date, "Let Me Be The One" is my favorite Sullivan novel so far and I must say I was a little surprised by that. This is Ryan and Victoria's story and it is quite endearing.

Ryan Sullivan is a major league baseball pitcher and has certainly enjoyed his share of beautiful women; however, lately he seems to just be going through the motions that is until he receives a frantic phone call from a high school friend who once saved his life.

Victoria has recently moved beck yo northern California in ho
Morgan

Let Me Be The One was another wonderful addition to The Sullivans series. I've enjoyed every novel in The Sullivans companion series by Bella Andre, and Let Me Be The One was no exception. Ryan and Vicki's story was a sweet and sexy love story filled with passion and angst.

I recommend this story and this series to every single romance fan out there. In my opinion, The Sullivans is the perfect companion series for
ChuCha
"And still, even when he’d told her how he felt about her, and that he wanted their fake relationship to be real, she’d held herself back out of fear that their friends-to-lovers story was too good to be anything but fiction."

One of the hardest bridge to cross is the one that connects love and friendship. Finally! I get to read Ryan's story - and I was glad it was worth all those book that I skipped to read this one. As expected, it was hot on the edges as two friends try to deny what they fee
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

In this friends-to-lovers story, Vicki and Ryan meet as teens when their story begins. Vicki pushes Ryan out of the way of a car in their school parking lot and their friendship starts. Ryan was the popular jock, Vicki more of a loner, moving around every year with her military family. She’s an artist and has a hard time making friends to only have to leave them after a few months. But she and Ryan clicked early on and became best friends. For Ryan, she w
Patty
From all the Sullivan books this is by far my favorite!
While his brothers are totally ladies man/arrogant/alpha males, Ryan felt to me like the "boy next door"type... which made me like him even more.
the fact that he was crazy about Vicky since high school but put it aside in the sake of friendship (and fear of rejection I guess), made me like him even more.... and also the fact that he suffered half of the book for having her so close and not being able to do anything about it! lol

Vicky was a n
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Another delightful instalment of The Sullivans series and, as usual, Bella Andre does not disappoint. I am not even sure how this is possible but, as the series continues, the stories keep getting better and better. I’m at a point where when I know a Bella Andre book is being released, I put everything else on hold in my life and dive into her new book until my fingers get all pruney. And what a scrumptious dive that is!

This is Ryan Sullivan’s book - he is the professional baseball player in the
Daphne
Originally posted on Gone Pecan

Ryan Sullivan, one of the middle children of the great, talented San Fransisco Sullivan clan, is a major league baseball pitcher. When he receives a text from Vicki, his best friend since they were teenagers, asking him to rescue her, he finds her fighting off the advances of a skeevy man who has the ability to make or break her career. What is her solution to turning the guy down nicely? Pretend that she and Ryan are a couple.

Which is fine with him, Ryan’s been in
Rhayne
I love the way Ryan is so romantic and expressive with his feelings. There are a lot of really sweet heartwarming moments that just make you fall in love with him a little bit more. I love the way we get to read about the rest of the Sullivan clan. Each book is so remarkable and you really come to love the characters, so it’s fun to get some follow up on their lives. Last but not least, I love the way the relationship with Vicki and Ryan came full circle. Their first “I Love You” moment was pure ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
For this review and more Live Read and Breathe

So the Sullivan's continue to have good luck when it comes to love. This book is about Ryan the baseball player who likes to play the field because he loves only one woman who can not be his....insert Vicki his best friend. Who by the way also has only been in love with one person but did not want to ruin the perfect friendship so she never acted on her feelings. Insert......drama of unrequited love or is it???????

Ryan and Vicki's story was cute. So
Alexis-Morgan Roark
First things first...I usually LOVE Bella Andre books and have to admit to being a bit biased when it comes to her and some of my other faves.

Second thing...It doesn't matter one iota, this was an amazing "friends to lovers" themed book full of what we've come to expect from this talented author: alpha males who know their way around the female anatomy (yowza!) and women WORTHY of their love and devotion...and "talent." ;-)

I would suggest reading the other five books in the series not because yo
  • Fool for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #2)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)
  • Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor #2)
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of “The Sullivans” and “The Morrisons” series.

Having sold more than 4 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 23 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Robe
More about Bella Andre...

The Sullivans (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Look of Love (The Sullivans, #1)
  • From This Moment On (The Sullivans, #2)
  • Can't Help Falling in Love (The Sullivans, #3)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (The Sullivans, #4)
  • If You Were Mine (The Sullivans, #5)
  • Come A Little Bit Closer (The Sullivans, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (The Sullivans, #8)
  • All For You: Halfway There / Buckhorn Ever After / The One You Want / One Perfect Night
  • The Way You Look Tonight (The Sullivans, #9)
  • Kissing Under The Mistletoe (The Sullivans, #10)
The Look of Love (The Sullivans, #1) I Only Have Eyes for You (The Sullivans, #4) From This Moment On (The Sullivans, #2) Can't Help Falling in Love (The Sullivans, #3) If You Were Mine (The Sullivans, #5)

“Kindness is incredibly sexy.” 28 likes