Start by marking “Younger Next Week: Your Ultimate Rx to Reverse the Clock, Boost Energy and Look and Feel Younger in 7 Days” as Want to Read:

2.86 of 5 stars 2.86  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Fast, Fun, Delicious Way to Fight Aging

A radiant appearance. Boundless energy. Effortless weight management. Supercharged health and well-being. Forget facelifts and fancy wrinkle creams—the fountain of youth is in the foods you eat and simple exercises and behaviors that will turn back the clock. Acclaimed nutritionist and wellness expert Elisa Zied shows you how to
Published December 31st 2013 by Harlequin (first published November 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Younger Next Week, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Younger Next Week

Emily Crow
There must be a bazillion or so diet books on the shelves by now. And I have read at least half of them (one of my bizarre hobbies), so I'm a bit hard to impress. And I was definitely not impressed with Younger Next Week. Here's why:

1. Let's diet like it's 1999!

This book was such a flashback to the 1990s! Remember that era, when everyone from respected doctors (e.g., Dr. Ornish) to infomercial gurus (e.g., Susan Powter) and in between exhorted us to ditch the fat and eat the carbs! And what did
Amy
It's January, 2014, and I am a hair away from 50. I'm cleaning out closets and taking a real look (again) about my aging. So I was elated when I won this book on GoodReads.
What a letdown. This book starts out with a quiz and goes downhill from there. Don't be fooled by the jacket that says it's been featured on this morning show or that.

The book is filled with paragraphs that start with some study being cited, but no information on who was in the study and how old they were. There is a bibliog
Robin
Jul 24, 2014 Robin rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, I don't recommend this at all
Shelves: _read-in-2014
This book draws readers in with the promise of better health and vitality, but in the end I don't know if it can actually deliver on that promise.

This book did not come across as offering positive steps to make in your eating habits that would carry you through a lifetime - it seemed to me like an unappealing, restrictive fad diet that you suffer through for a short time before giving up and going back to your old habits.
The diet is so restrictive and the limited allowed foods so unappealing I
Debbie
Forget the magic diet/stress pill, they don’t exist and forget the strict diets cutting out carbs because carbs give us energy. We don’t need diets we need a lifestyle change and Elisa’s book gives us that. She also takes into consideration that we’re human and doesn’t set us up to fail from the start like some diets do. And most importantly she doesn’t scold, or belittle and she doesn’t make us feel like losers.
What she does is gives us real tools to use in our battle to relieve stress and redu
Burma Turner
I won this book from Goodreads firstreads.
I found this book very helpful. It was easy to read and understand, I found the tips and suggestions very doable. I felt the author was talking directly to me, I have lost my vitality, or getting there anyway.
I especially liked the recipes, I have already tried several of them, they were easy to make and very good. I am definitely going to follow a lot of the ideas in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone over forty years old.
Chris Craddock
NOT More Nutty Crackpot Advice!

Some books on Health and Nutrition are pretty wacko. For instance, one proclaimed that the key to health was to not mix fruit, dairy, and meat in the same meal. It claimed that separate enzymes were produced to digest the different kinds of foods and they couldn't mix. This is a crazy idea and it is also very difficult to segregate your food in this fashion. It was pseudo science, not backed up by any scientific research. Or how about the diet guru who claims you c
Donna Parker
Ok, first you're intrigued by the title. Who doesn't want to look younger and by next week, sign me up. Actually, you had me at Boost Your Energy.
Like most women I've read way too many diet, self-help, and self-improvement books so when I won this from The Goodreads First Reads Program I thought, sure I'll give it a chance, but I doubt there will be anything earth-shattering in it.
I was correct. Nothing earth-shattering, but unlike a lot of these kind of books, nothing harmful either. This is re
Becca Chopra
For someone who eats a Standard American Diet (SAD) and would like to be more knowledgeable about nutrition, this is a good guide to the basic elements of nutrition and creating a healthier lifestyle. The title of Elisa Zied's book may be a little too "salesy" and promising more than you're getting, as there's no miracle food or practice to erase wrinkles, or revitalize your organs in a week. But Zied does provide an overall Vitality Program based in conventional medical/scientific advice.

I like
Stephanie Schmidt
First, I must disclose that I was a recipient of this book via the Giveaways. Thank you very much to everyone who made that happen!
I was torn between giving this book a 2-star or 3-star rating. This is one of those times, I wish for the 1/2 star to split it down the middle. The deciding factor was the outlandish claims on the cover-I think we all know that nothing is going to "reverse the clock" by now. I can give "feel younger in 7 days" a pass, but the whole idea of "unlocking the anti-aging e
Susan
I received this book for free through goodreads first reads. The book is divided into three sections. It begins with a quiz to check your vital(ity) signs. The second section lists foods that can increase your vitality. The author explains why these foods are on the list and how to read food labels to buy the correct product. The third section has examples of food pairings and recipes. I enjoyed reading how to add more herbs and spices into my diet. I am starting to incorporate more of the vital ...more
Crissy
I thought I would get useful information from this book but this book didn’t give me anything new. It reminds me of going to the doctor and having them tell you to remember to get your daily servings as recommended on the food pyramid. The amount of water you should consume and to exercise by taking daily walks, bicycling, etc. I was a disappointed because I expected some new tips. This was more like a whole bunch of pamphlets that are available in doctor offices put into one book. The informati ...more
Lorraine
Way too basic of information!
I received a copy of this book through a GoodReads giveaway (a fact I am required to disclose). I think Zied does a good job presenting easy-to-implement recommendations for improving one's diet and nutrition. She's obviously done her research and remains relatively objective in her views. The book is well-organized and packed with interesting facts. I suspect I will return to it now and again of tips and suggestions.
Ann Unger
i love the book ! my new diet to eat healty this year!
Juergen John Roscher
I received this book from GoodReads Giveaway program.

I abandoned this book after reading about 1/2 through it. I seldom abandon a book but could not justify finishing it at this time when I have so many other books I want to read and I know I would enjoy.

Some folks may find the book of interest or use it as a reference book.
Katrina
I purchase this book before I knew I won the paperback copy and started reading it. I am glad I have both electronic and paper copies of this book. It has a lot of good information and I will be using it as a reference frequently. Everything is organized and easy to refer back to as necessary.
Stephanie Adkins
I am woman in her mid-forties and was really excited when I won this book. It offered some helpful tips and citing a few interesting studies.
Yy
Dec 20, 2013 Yy marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Hope to read it soon. Thanks.
Lisa
Informative! Full of resources.
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Elizabeth De Marco
Elizabeth De Marco marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Twilla Seagroves
Twilla Seagroves marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Susanne Thomas
Susanne Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
  • The New Lean for Life: Outsmart Your Body to Shrink Fat Cells and Lose Weight for Good
  • J.D. Salinger: The Escape Artist
  • Perfect Health Diet: Four Steps to Renewed Health, Youthful Vitality, and Long Life
  • A Sense of Direction: Pilgrimage for the Restless and the Hopeful
  • The ABCs of Money
  • Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success
  • Sweet Deception: Why Splenda, Nutrasweet, and the FDA May Be Hazardous to Your Health
  • Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life
  • Making Supper Safe: Why We've Lost Trust in Our Food and How We Can Get it Back
  • Chasing God: One Man's Miraculous Journey in the Heart of the City
  • The Diabetes Breakthrough: A Scientifically Proven Program to Lose Weight, Cut Medications and Reverse Diabetes
  • Feeding Eden: The Trials and Triumphs of a Food Allergy Family
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • Sugar Detox for Beginners: Your Guide to Starting a 21-Day Sugar Detox
  • Augie's Secrets: The Minneapolis Mob and the King of the Hennepin Strip
  • Big Little Man: In Search of My Asian Self
  • Fitness for Dummies
  • Running with Monsters: A Memoir
So What Can I Eat?!: How to Make Sense of the New Dietary Guidelines for Americans and Make Them Your Own Nutrition at Your Fingertips Feed Your Family Right!: How to Make Smart Food and Fitness Choices for a Healthy Lifestyle Younger Next Week A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, 7th Edition