Start by marking “Marriage Between Friends: White Lace and Promises\Friends - and Then Some” as Want to Read:
Marriage Between Friends: White Lace and Promises\Friends - and Then Some

Marriage Between Friends: White Lace and Promises\Friends - and Then Some

First comes friendship…

Back in high school, Maggie Kingsbury and Glenn Lambert were close friends. But after that, life took them in different directions. Now they meet again—as maid of honor and best man—at a wedding in San Francisco.

Maggie and Glenn reconnect as friends but discover that their connection goes far deeper than just friendship. Twenty-four hours later, th
Published December 31st 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Between Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Between Friends

Drita
Aug 03, 2015 Drita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freebie

~Two books in One~

Quick but such an enjoyable read for me. I love this authors modesty, she just knows how to tell romance tales without being so graphic. Call me old-fashion but spontaneous romance is more attractive for me!
Nicely done!

Judith Plumb
Mar 19, 2014 Judith Plumb rated it did not like it
Skip it
Reeds
Oct 16, 2016 Reeds added it
White Lace and Promises - In such a hurry to marry and then won't communicate enough to get along. One-time read is enough.

Friends--and Then Some - Both seem oblivious...then they both fight it until the last page.

All the people in both stories seem to be unhappy, and unwilling to communicate enough to get a little happiness.
Vonetta
Mar 25, 2014 Vonetta rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No One
I don't usually read books by this author, but the synopsis got me. It was not a bad read, but………I didn't get anything out of it besides "when will this end?"

This book has 2 stories inside (not related to each other), and they both talk about how friends find their relationship changing.

White Lace and Promises (1st story) was not the most believable of the the believable. I know there are people out there that can meet someone and get married all because they think they have so much on common, b
Pam
Jan 16, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
The two stories in this book revolve around friends who become more than friends and marry. In White Lace and Promises, Glenn and Maggie meet again after many years at a wedding of close friends. Something happens that night and Glenn and Maggie run off to Reno and get married. She lives in San Francisco and Glann lives in Charleston. She just broke up with her boyfriend and Glenn's fiancé married someone else. Can their friendship from childhood help make the marriage work or will it crack?

In
Betty
May 04, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it
White Lace and Promises
Maggie Kinsbury was her friends maid of honor. The best man was Glen Lambert who was Maggie's best friend and next door neighbor all through her childhood. They are both grown now and haven't seen each other in 10 years. However, connecting again after all these years sends their hearts racing and they feel the connection powerfully.
This is a well written and very romantic story. The characters are likable with a story line that kept me reading long after "lights out"!
Robin
Sep 02, 2016 Robin rated it it was ok
The price label said, "Princess Cruises" and when it showed up in my LFL I thought "beach read", which didn't quite happen this summer. The 2 stories are older Macomber pieces, republished. Not her best works.
Debbie Digiacomo
Mar 02, 2014 Debbie Digiacomo rated it it was amazing
Debbie does it again. I wasn't able to put this book down. On a crazy impulse these two get married. What they discover is that love conquers all. Much like life when you have love you can get through anything. Read this book tale the adventure feel the love get them where they need to be.
Moey17
Jan 18, 2014 Moey17 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite, though they tried, both stories felt dated, the heroines a bit insipid, the heroes too domineering, and the stories just sexist at times. Still love Macomber, just didn't feel these held up to the changing times,
Margaret Fraleigh
Apr 16, 2014 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: debbie-macomber
Another excellent book by Debbie Macomber. This book has two stories in it. I had read the
first one before, but the second story was new for me.

Debbie never disappoints with her stories. Looking forward to reading another one I have waiting for me.

Jan 12, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
It was just ok. I felt that in both books, the lead male characters were so childish and immature in their thoughts and perceptions. The story lines were good but I think the characters attitudes could have made for a better read.
Kat Childress
Sep 05, 2015 Kat Childress rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
"White Lace and Promises" was okay, but I loved "Friends...and Then Some". Both are about failing in love with old friends.
Sarah Eberhart
Jan 28, 2014 Sarah Eberhart rated it liked it
the first story flowed nicely. the characters, lily and jake in the second story were kind of whiny.
Peggy Clayton
Jul 06, 2014 Peggy Clayton rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book it was also one of her first and it keep me reading almost thru the 4th weekend.
Kathi Lawson
Apr 13, 2015 Kathi Lawson rated it liked it
Debbie Macomber consistently writes and entertaining book. Lite reading for a relaxing day by the pool.
Jan Stone
Feb 21, 2014 Jan Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two of Debbie Macomber's older novels combined into one edition. Enjoyable happy "beach" reads as always.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
a 2 for 1...1st story was great 2nd story I had to force myself to finish it, just could not get into it. glad I'm done
Janet
May 29, 2014 Janet added it
There are two novels in this book -- I read the first, White Lace and Promises and, at some point, will read the second novel!
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Dukerkathy
Dukerkathy rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Amy Juhl
Amy Juhl rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Riven
Riven rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Terri Roach
Terri Roach rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Michelle Trujillo
Michelle Trujillo rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Bones
Bones rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2014
Billie Jones
Billie Jones rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Play It Again: Once More with Feeling / Dual Image
  • The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Prodigal Son & The Best Laid Plans
  • Your Magic Touch
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • That Wild Cowboy
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #4)
  • Wild Iris Ridge (Hope's Crossing, #7)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...