Start by marking “The New Lean for Life: Outsmart Your Body to Shrink Fat Cells and Lose Weight for Good” as Want to Read:

Weeks to Lose the Weight.
4 Phases to Keep It Off.

The Lean for Life program has been used for over 40 years in Lindora Clinics to help over 500,000 people lose millions of pounds.

Now this classic bestseller has been completely revised and updated based on groundbreaking new research about the brain's role in weight loss. The New Lean for Life uses a revolutionary "smart car
Published December 31st 2013 by Harlequin (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The New Lean for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Lean for Life

P.T.
Jul 06, 2014 P.T. rated it really liked it
While a bit dull at some points, very educational as an addon to the Lindora diet program I have been following the last 7 weeks. True to the book I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks, and as of this writing I am down 27 pounds at the end of week 7 with 17 more to go on my 10 week plan.

The book shows you how to "reset" your gut (yes that's right) so that it produces "good bacteria" (weight loss promoting) vs "bad bacteria" (wait gaining) in an effort to shrink your fat cells and get your body to utilize pr
Victoria Colotta
Though this diet isn't for me, this book is carefully laid out and explains the diet well. There is a good mix of the science and the "how to" aspect of the diet as well. There are also useful charts and menus. However, this diet may not be for everyone. Since the diet uses dietary ketosis to help aid in the weight loss, I would check with your doctor or nutritionist before starting this or any other program.
Yodamom
Jan 28, 2014 Yodamom rated it liked it
2.5 I hadn't realized this was The Lindora Clinic diet when I first read it. My Mother was a follower of The Lindora Plan for many years off and on, and watching her diet over the years I learned a lot about this program. I actually had read an earlier version of this book. I did not care for the format of this book, it was difficult to put the information together.
The diet did work, she always quickly dropped the weight, but she found it impossible to stick to long term and gained the weight b
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I'm not sure how to review this, it seems to be a really good plan for weight loss, but having not tried it yet don't know if it really works. I will update a review at GoodReads/Amazon once I try this out... or if I try it....as much as I want to loose a few pounds...I am very bad at following any type of program.

Book provided by Author/Publisher via NetGalley for an honest review
False Millennium
Sound principles in dieting: no weird restrictions, but...it's nothing new under the sun. Be careful with portions, fats, sugar, carbs, etc. which then begs the question, "Why buy this book or even read it?"
Lenore Sagaskie
Dec 12, 2013 Lenore Sagaskie rated it did not like it
Won this book in a Goodreads giveaway IN DECEMBER 2013 and still haven't received it. Very disappointed.
Kelly
Nov 22, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
seems like a pretty basic diet plan. easy to follow and not too preachy. I liked the tone of the book.
Kathryn Gronniger
Kathryn Gronniger rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Ann Wachtler
Ann Wachtler rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Wendy Mendoza
Wendy Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Dianna  Townsend
Dianna Townsend rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Barbara bredemeier
Barbara bredemeier rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Barbara Andrews
Barbara Andrews rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Deena Abutaha
Deena Abutaha rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Comfort Johnson
Comfort Johnson rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Uilleam
Uilleam rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Paula Brannon
Paula Brannon rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Kimberly Berg
Kimberly Berg rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Alicia Corral
Alicia Corral rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Charlotte Anderson
Charlotte Anderson rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Sâlly Hêrbâwî
Sâlly Hêrbâwî rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Calvin Gidlof
Calvin Gidlof rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Shana Felts
Shana Felts rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Lita Acevedo
Lita Acevedo rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Vince Mattaliano
Vince Mattaliano rated it did not like it
Aug 27, 2014
Kendra
Kendra rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2016
Terri Davis
Terri Davis rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
  • Younger Next Week: Your Ultimate Rx to Reverse the Clock, Boost Energy and Look and Feel Younger in 7 Days
  • Its Not about Me Journal
  • The New Manual of Photography
  • 101 Best Workouts of All Time: Build Muscle, Burn Fat and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever
  • Education Nation: Six Leading Edges of Innovation in Our Schools
  • Catholicism: New Study Edition--Completely Revised and Updated
  • National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways
  • Authentic Faith: The Power of a Fire-Tested Life
  • The Doctor's Diet: Dr. Travis Stork's STAT Program to Help You Lose Weight & Restore Your Health
  • The Menopause Makeover: The Ultimate Guide to Taking Control of Your Health and Beauty During Menopause
  • When Good Men Are Tempted
  • The Start Here Diet: Three Simple Steps That Helped Me Transition from Fat to Slim . . . for Life
  • The Rich Bitch Guide to Love and Money
  • The Yoga-Body Cleanse: A 7-Day Ayurvedic Detox to Rejuvenate Your Body and Calm Your Mind
  • The Diabetes Breakthrough: A Scientifically Proven Program to Lose Weight, Cut Medications and Reverse Diabetes
  • The Whole Life Fertility Plan: Understanding What Affects Your Fertility To Help You Get Pregnant When You Want To
  • Your Money Map: A Proven 7-Step Guide to True Financial Freedom
  • The Perricone Prescription: A Physician's 28-Day Program for Total Body and Face Rejuvenation