Start by marking “The New Lean for Life: Outsmart Your Body to Shrink Fat Cells and Lose Weight for Good” as Want to Read:

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Weeks to Lose the Weight.
4 Phases to Keep It Off.

The Lean for Life program has been used for over 40 years in Lindora Clinics to help over 500,000 people lose millions of pounds.

Now this classic bestseller has been completely revised and updated based on groundbreaking new research about the brain's role in weight loss. The New Lean for Life uses a revolutionary "smart...more
Published December 31st 2013 by Harlequin (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The New Lean for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Lean for Life

Yodamom
2.5 I hadn't realized this was The Lindora Clinic diet when I first read it. My Mother was a follower of The Lindora Plan for many years off and on, and watching her diet over the years I learned a lot about this program. I actually had read an earlier version of this book. I did not care for the format of this book, it was difficult to put the information together.
The diet did work, she always quickly dropped the weight, but she found it impossible to stick to long term and gained the weight b...more
Chad
While a bit dull at some points, very educational as an addon to the Lindora diet program I have been following the last 7 weeks. True to the book I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks, and as of this writing I am down 27 pounds at the end of week 7 with 17 more to go on my 10 week plan.

The book shows you how to "reset" your gut (yes that's right) so that it produces "good bacteria" (weight loss promoting) vs "bad bacteria" (wait gaining) in an effort to shrink your fat cells and get your body to utilize pr...more
Victoria Colotta
Though this diet isn't for me, this book is carefully laid out and explains the diet well. There is a good mix of the science and the "how to" aspect of the diet as well. There are also useful charts and menus. However, this diet may not be for everyone. Since the diet uses dietary ketosis to help aid in the weight loss, I would check with your doctor or nutritionist before starting this or any other program.
Noel
Mar 05, 2014 Noel added it
Received this through Goodreads Giveaways. Looks like it's filled with many good tips and suggestions.
False Millennium
Sound principles in dieting: no weird restrictions, but...it's nothing new under the sun. Be careful with portions, fats, sugar, carbs, etc. which then begs the question, "Why buy this book or even read it?"
Elke
No sure it works but interesting theory
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
I'm not sure how to review this, it seems to be a really good plan for weight loss, but having not tried it yet don't know if it really works. I will update a review at GoodReads/Amazon once I try this out... or if I try it....as much as I want to loose a few pounds...I am very bad at following any type of program.

Book provided by Author/Publisher via NetGalley for an honest review
Griz Girl
Won this as a First Read from Good Reads on December 14, 2013. As of February 14, 2014, TWO MONTHS LATER, I still HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY COPY! Very very very disappointed...I really wanted to read this one!
Kelly
seems like a pretty basic diet plan. easy to follow and not too preachy. I liked the tone of the book.
Lenore Sagaskie
Won this book in a Goodreads giveaway IN DECEMBER 2013 and still haven't received it. Very disappointed.
Neyda
Neyda marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Robin Murray
Robin Murray marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Jacqui Harmon mcdonald
Jacqui Harmon mcdonald marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Megan Sargent
Megan Sargent marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Kk
Kk marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Denisa
Denisa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Amy Dalton
Amy Dalton is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2014
  • The Doctor's Diet: Dr. Travis Stork's STAT Program to Help You Lose Weight & Restore Your Health
  • The Yoga-Body Cleanse: A 7-Day Ayurvedic Detox to Rejuvenate Your Body and Calm Your Mind
  • Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats: Allergy-Free and Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery
  • Green Smoothie Cleanse: Detox, Lose Weight and Maximize Good Health with the World�s Most Powerful Superfoods
  • Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: 100+ Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes
  • Your Personal Paleo Code: The 3-Step Plan to Lose Weight, Reverse Disease, and Stay Fit and Healthy for Life
  • Green Smoothie Magic - 132] Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes That Trim and Slim
  • 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS-Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve
  • 31 Small Steps to Organize for Weight Loss
  • Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
  • The Complete Mediterranean Diet: Everything You Need to Know to Lose Weight and Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease... with 500 Delicious Recipes
  • Eat Like a Woman: A 3-Week, 3-Step Program to Finally Drop the Pounds and Feel Better Than Ever
  • Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down
  • Cavewomen Don't Get Fat: The Paleo Chic Diet for Rapid Results
  • The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast
  • The Pursuit of Passion: Thoughts to Help You Navigate from the Darkest Hours to the Light of Inspiration
  • The 30-Day Caveman (Paleo) Appetizer/Snack Recipe Cookbook
  • Living a Life of Gratitude: Your Journey to Grace, Joy & Healing
Lean for Life 1: Weight Loss Lean For Life: Phase Two - Lifetime Solutions Lean for Life : The Clinically-Proven Step-By-Step Plan for Losing Weight Rapidly and Safely...and Controlling It for Life! Staying Lean for Life: An Innovative 8-Week Program of Winning Strategies for Lifetime Weight Maintenance Living Lean For Life: Strategies And Recipes For Successful Weight Maintenance