Start by marking “Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)

Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  254 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"USA Today" bestselling author Lorraine Heath pens the simmering story of two star-crossed souls who find a passionate love under the expansive Texas sky.Serena Hamilton has never had a one-night stand, but the supreme loneliness she feels after the loss of her husband drives her to a bar and into the arms of a sexy stranger. Afterward, she's racked by guilt...or at least ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Pocket Star Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Smooth Talkin' Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smooth Talkin' Stranger

Janet
Not exactly a war-setting but war is a plot element. Fun fast book that has some real heart-wrenching aspects -- the heroine meets and sleeps with a devastatingly gorgeous stranger, and that's the first chapter. What happens between them is sweet and serious. The other characters in the book really add to the story (her widower dad, her best friend (the guy next door), her son.
Carrie
I wrote a long review and Goodreads ate it. I'm not in the mood to re-write it.

I enjoyed the book and felt the character development and emotional development was quite good. The prose slipped into the melodramatic occasionally, and the set-up at the end was a little contrived, but I forgave it all. The book made me sigh, and I'll definitely read it again.
Lisa
Aug 18, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Une nouvelle fois, Lorraine Heath nous offre une histoire d’amour belle et tendre avec un héros particulièrement touchant comme elle sait remarquablement le faire.
L’histoire démarre par ce que l’on pourrait qualifier d’une aventure d’un soir. Hunter Fletcher, adepte des relations express avec les femmes, écume les bars où il est facile de trouver de belles jeunes femmes prêtes à lui accorder ce qu’il veut sans promesses ni attaches. Mais ce soir-là c’est sur Serena Hamilton qu’il va tomber, et i
Liz Pacheco
Mar 28, 2014 Liz Pacheco rated it did not like it
i really did not like this book, i typically like Lorraine Heath writing, but there was no depth to the characters.
Tori
Jun 11, 2011 Tori rated it really liked it
This book was exactly what I was in the mood for. It was a good blend of sweet, romantic, and yummy hero. ;) I had a couple of minor issues with the plot (view spoiler) ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Lorraine Heath's Contemporary Duo series. Serena Hamilton and Hunter Fletcher meet at a honky-tonk and have a one night stand. Serena never expects to see Hunter again but does.

I've read a few of Lorraine Heath's historical romances and decided to check out this contemporary romance series. It was a pretty good read.
Michelle
Feb 27, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
Serena and Hunter. She's widowed and lonely and they have a one-night stand that turns into something else. He has secrets that he can't share with her so she can't trust him. She was a pill. I didn't like her at all, which really ruined my enjoyment of the book.
Mareli
Oct 08, 2012 Mareli rated it really liked it
more 3.5 than 4 but I like this author!

Another good story too short. I find this author really good to face those themes, like, in this book, domestic violence and what it does to children. And then the importance of a good family. Only I would like to read something more about it.

Not bad, a short sweet story very promising.
Christine
Sep 26, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Really a nice story once I got into it. Hunter was a great character, Serena -- a little harder to like.
Kristen
Jun 18, 2009 Kristen rated it really liked it
I love all of her books. If you are looking for an easy read, romance then she is great for you.
Kathy Anne
Nov 24, 2011 Kathy Anne rated it it was amazing
Yeah,another contemp by Heath and I love this book,please write more contemps
Apr 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, rereads
One of my favorite romance novels. This one is all emotion.
Downward dog
Jun 26, 2012 Downward dog rated it it was amazing
Good story and characters.
Mical
K
K added it
Jul 26, 2016
Milica
Milica rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Jennifer Grout
Jennifer Grout marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Sandra R
Sandra R marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Leandre
Leandre marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Que
Que added it
May 15, 2016
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Mjphsing
Mjphsing marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Alisha Imani Madlock
Alisha Imani Madlock marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
  • A Man Like Mac
  • The Stranger
  • Desperado
  • Truly
  • Submerged (Bound Together #1)
  • Larkspur Road (Lonesome Way #2)
  • Love and Blarney (Ballybeg, #2)
  • Only In My Arms (Dennehy Sisters, #5)
  • Letting Go
  • Rough Stock (Star Valley, #1)
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • A Historical Christmas Present
  • Small Treasures
  • Officer on Duty (Lock and Key, #4)
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • The Stand Off
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • The Executive's Surprise Baby (The Garrisons, #6)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor during
More about Lorraine Heath...

Contemporary Duo (2 books)
  • Hard Lovin' Man (Contemporary Duo, #1)