Start by marking “Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)

Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"USA Today" bestselling author Lorraine Heath pens the simmering story of two star-crossed souls who find a passionate love under the expansive Texas sky.Serena Hamilton has never had a one-night stand, but the supreme loneliness she feels after the loss of her husband drives her to a bar and into the arms of a sexy stranger. Afterward, she's racked by guilt...or at least ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Pocket Star Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Smooth Talkin' Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smooth Talkin' Stranger

Janet
Not exactly a war-setting but war is a plot element. Fun fast book that has some real heart-wrenching aspects -- the heroine meets and sleeps with a devastatingly gorgeous stranger, and that's the first chapter. What happens between them is sweet and serious. The other characters in the book really add to the story (her widower dad, her best friend (the guy next door), her son.
Carrie
I wrote a long review and Goodreads ate it. I'm not in the mood to re-write it.

I enjoyed the book and felt the character development and emotional development was quite good. The prose slipped into the melodramatic occasionally, and the set-up at the end was a little contrived, but I forgave it all. The book made me sigh, and I'll definitely read it again.
Lisa
Une nouvelle fois, Lorraine Heath nous offre une histoire d’amour belle et tendre avec un héros particulièrement touchant comme elle sait remarquablement le faire.
L’histoire démarre par ce que l’on pourrait qualifier d’une aventure d’un soir. Hunter Fletcher, adepte des relations express avec les femmes, écume les bars où il est facile de trouver de belles jeunes femmes prêtes à lui accorder ce qu’il veut sans promesses ni attaches. Mais ce soir-là c’est sur Serena Hamilton qu’il va tomber, et i
Liz Pacheco
i really did not like this book, i typically like Lorraine Heath writing, but there was no depth to the characters.
Tori
This book was exactly what I was in the mood for. It was a good blend of sweet, romantic, and yummy hero. ;) I had a couple of minor issues with the plot (view spoiler) ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Lorraine Heath's Contemporary Duo series. Serena Hamilton and Hunter Fletcher meet at a honky-tonk and have a one night stand. Serena never expects to see Hunter again but does.

I've read a few of Lorraine Heath's historical romances and decided to check out this contemporary romance series. It was a pretty good read.
Michelle
Serena and Hunter. She's widowed and lonely and they have a one-night stand that turns into something else. He has secrets that he can't share with her so she can't trust him. She was a pill. I didn't like her at all, which really ruined my enjoyment of the book.
Mareli
more 3.5 than 4 but I like this author!

Another good story too short. I find this author really good to face those themes, like, in this book, domestic violence and what it does to children. And then the importance of a good family. Only I would like to read something more about it.

Not bad, a short sweet story very promising.
Christine
Really a nice story once I got into it. Hunter was a great character, Serena -- a little harder to like.
Kristen
I love all of her books. If you are looking for an easy read, romance then she is great for you.
Kathy Anne
Yeah,another contemp by Heath and I love this book,please write more contemps
One of my favorite romance novels. This one is all emotion.
Downward dog
Good story and characters.
Mical
Smooth, enjoyable read.
Jenny
Loved it----fast easy read
Anuhyaa
Anuhyaa is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Dreamer
Dreamer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Shiela
Shiela marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Moumita Ghosh
Moumita Ghosh marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Dawn Baldwin-swinford
Dawn Baldwin-swinford marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Alicia Paape
Alicia Paape marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
  • A Man Like Mac
  • Nearly a Lady
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • Sweeter Savage Love (Creole Historical, #2)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Truly
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Only In My Arms (Dennehy Sisters, #5)
  • A Historical Christmas Present
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Every Time We Kiss
  • Letting Go
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • The Outsider
  • The Stand Off
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor during
More about Lorraine Heath...

Contemporary Duo (2 books)
  • Hard Lovin' Man (Contemporary Duo, #1)
In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1) Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3) Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)