Start by marking “The 7 Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever” as Want to Read:
The 7 Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever

The 7 Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,594 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
In so many ways God is always reaching for us. Through circumstances in life, through hardships and through joys. God is an intimate and loving Person, Who is always looking for a way to draw nearer to us.

But if we don't reach back, we will never experience the depths of a fulfilling relationship with Him. Nothing in Heaven or on Earth can change our lives for the better,
Published May 1st 2013 by Adam Houge

Be the first to ask a question about The 7 Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever

Lisa  Schlottmann
Jul 15, 2013 Lisa Schlottmann rated it did not like it
It was okay until the author started to pretend he was God himself and put his own words into the "Lord's mouth". Then I got mad, really mad! I am not sure if I just was expecting something different, but I wasn't expecting what this book was, and that is not very helpful at all and could really hurt someone who is looking to learn more about God and Jesus. Or someone like me who was looking for a book on how to enhance their prayer experience.

The first "prayer" - to me - is not really a prayer
Patricia C Robbins
Oct 29, 2014 Patricia C Robbins rated it it was amazing
Pray Without Ceasing

The Lord is most worthy of our praise. For those who love Him this is a wonderful collection of prayers. Models for us to learn how to converse with our God. He so desperately longs to hear from us. Plug into the power of the Almighty One.
Carolyn Injoy
Jan 24, 2014 Carolyn Injoy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christians or fledgling Christians
The Seven Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever by Adam Houge. I received a free copy of this e-book for review.

To purchase this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C...

The book format lists a scripture supporting a prayer, the prayer itself & the imagined response FROM God to the prayer.

The introduction mentions that God is a loving God who looks for ways to be part of your life. He calls for us to seek Him. One of the best ways of doing so is through prayer.

What I
Addie Madsen
Oct 06, 2013 Addie Madsen rated it did not like it
This book was not what I thought it would be. God was portrayed as a rude, selfish, somewhat pervy person. I personally don't believe in God and this made me even less willing to believe. I found it very rude and condescending. I would not suggest it to anyone who talks about anything, but God. This was more set into my mind when the author said that unless we were talking about God we were sinning. I'm sorry. I don't find talking about the weather without mentioning God as a sin...
Pamela
Jan 27, 2014 Pamela rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
I would probably give this a 3.5 stars if I could, it is an easy read, but the format of it kind of bothered me a little. I feel like the prayer should have been first before the synopsis or story. The way it was written with the prayer afterwards was a bit confusing and I got lost in the story at times. God's response was kind of creepy to me as well, that could have been left our or worded a different way. Overall I did enjoy the book.
Andrew Lyke
Apr 07, 2014 Andrew Lyke rated it did not like it
Disappointed Expectations

I did expect greatness from a book with a title that promises to change my life forever. Unfortunately, it appears to be shallow and very simple. I missed the part to which another reviewer referred, writing that the author claimed to be God, but with such expectation that greatness appears to have ended in the title.
Nicholas Maulucci
Jun 15, 2014 Nicholas Maulucci rated it it was ok
simple read. I found the book to be a little generic. did not pique my interest. not deep. not thought-provoking. didn't notice if there were any doctrinal issues because the book didn't capture my attention. a good book to read if you are in a reading contest and you are looking for something short and simple.
Karen
Jul 23, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
"Take time to grow in loving kindness. Love covers a multitude of sins and kindness leads us to repentance. It can save the unbeliever, and encourage the believer."

It helps us grow spiritually and in prayer, knowing God is always with us. I like the prayers we make and His answers for us :)
Karen Graham
Dec 30, 2013 Karen Graham rated it really liked it
This was a good book. It had some great parts that I highlighted for later use. Prayer is very important and this book gives some good food for thought.
Debra R Serviss
Nov 23, 2016 Debra R Serviss rated it it was amazing
Very uplifting

Great book. Many new and familiar ideas. Makes one stop to review their life. God's promises are new everyday for those who seek Him with all their heart!
Kathy
Feb 08, 2017 Kathy rated it liked it
Refreshing

Great book to restore the spirit. I enjoyed the prayers and insight from the book. I do wish there was a bit more to sink into, but a good start.
Doreen
Feb 12, 2017 Doreen rated it really liked it
Enlightening

Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening, Enlightening,Enlightening that will change your way of thinking.
Janine Hollis
Jan 09, 2017 Janine Hollis rated it it was amazing
Very insightful

I really enjoyed the prayers and how Adam wrote how he believed the Lord would answer. I would of loved to have had this book 30 years ago, although it was not written yet, it would of helped me immensely as it has today.
Sissy Johnson
Jan 11, 2015 Sissy Johnson rated it really liked it
The 7 Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever by Adam Houge

This book is very well written. Through Mr. Houge's writing, I found myself asking the difficult questions of whether I am living the way God would want me to. I liked how he followed up what he was writing about with scripture. I found myself pulling out my Bible to read the scripture but study it more.

There were two things keeping me from giving this book five stars. First, I wish the prayers had came in the beginning
Dianne Sagan
Dec 13, 2016 Dianne Sagan rated it really liked it
I liked the author's viewpoint on prayer.
Jesenia Sanabia
Oct 30, 2013 Jesenia Sanabia rated it really liked it
Book Review: The Seven Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever By: Adam Houge

A powerful read. A recommended book to those who need or want some insight on how to pray. Also, a good book for all lovers of Jesus Christ. This book details seven great prayers to pray. These prayers will draw you near to Jesus Christ. Adam used great scripture references. The prayers explanations are easy to understand. Adam's passion for Jesus Christ is beautiful to read.

To purchase book click here
Melissa
Oct 02, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
A prayer doesn't have to be always about being sorry or asking for divine intervention. I find it equally important to pray not just when I feel troubled but also when I feel thankful and simply happy for the gift of life. It helps me achieve focus in things that matter according to my faith. This book does not provide all the necessary prayers, hence just the 3 stars, but it is a quick reminder to nurture my faith in God through prayers, and I am glad that there are free books like these circul ...more
Michelle
Oct 13, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
Food for Thought

For anyone who does not agree with or side with specific labels of faith or religion, I feel this is a good read that can easily be applied to any path of positive light. I read this on my kindle fire and was able to make small notes here and there that allowed me to challenge my thinking in order to better process and decide what I wanted to take away from reading each prayer.
Jodi Woody
Jun 26, 2014 Jodi Woody rated it liked it
This is a good book for someone who isn't accustomed to praying. I like the fact that after each prayer there is an "answer" from the Lord. This reminds us that prayer should be talking to God and listening for His response. A short read. Not life changing if you have been involved in an active prayer life, but beneficial to new Christians. I give it three stars. I liked it. I can recommend for teens and up.
deliria carmon
God's great words of encouragement

I really enjoyed this prayer series! It helped me through my days. Having continual devotion is good for the soul and the mind. We tend to go through so many circumstances through life but having a right now word or prayer is good food for the day. Thank u Mr. House for this powerful book of prayers. I was blessed by it. Cant wait to read more!

Judy Gunn
Feb 25, 2014 Judy Gunn rated it it was amazing
This book shows who God is and who we can be for Him and to others

This book shows who God is and who we can be for Him and to others

I would recommend this book to anyone. The prayers are simple and direct. The teaching is like a Christian's common sense. Even if you know that you have failed in these areas the book takes us back to Jesus, letting the Holy Spirit comfort and correct like only He can do.
Cheryl Baker
Mar 25, 2015 Cheryl Baker rated it it was amazing
Enlightening

The guidance of this book and the prayers serve as a reminder that I am a child of the most high God. To glorify my Heavenly Father will bring joy to myself as well as others.
Brian
Feb 07, 2015 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
This spiritual masterpiece is mandatory reading for all Christians. It sets out how to pray in a simple,yet practical way to pray effectually.
Jesus Christ will be with you throughout the amazing book. Trust Him.
Enjoy and be praying with great power.
Hilda
Jan 30, 2015 Hilda rated it really liked it
The 7 Most Powerful Prayers reveals the basic truths of the Gospel in a short and simple read. These wonderful prayers are great reminders for anyone who is a follower of Christ, and encourages one to further the Gospel message through these powerful prayers.
Laura Stuckey
Jan 08, 2015 Laura Stuckey rated it really liked it
7 Strengthening Prayers

I like how this is written. I am a new Christian and as m ready to read all I can so I WILL live by God's Love. This book is written well enough for me to follow a nd understand.
Lo
Dec 27, 2014 Lo rated it it was amazing
Great quick read with important truths

This was a great reminder for me, especially during the busy Christmas season. The author touched on such important points that I feel I should read one chapter each day of every week!
Rita Hoak
Jul 23, 2014 Rita Hoak rated it really liked it
Awakened every spirit in me this book did. Enjoyed the book.

Awakened every spirit in me this book did. Enjoyed the book.

peace and love shared with God everyday. what a special time to be reminded that is God's grace and blessings that is our reward.
Brandon Paul Ford
Oct 01, 2014 Brandon Paul Ford rated it liked it
Good book to read

pretty good book, I read it like 9 months ago so it's hard for me to remember it all but I enjoyed it and it's short so you can just power through it and get a blessing.
Deborah Horton
Jun 29, 2016 Deborah Horton rated it really liked it
Easy and understandable

Well organized and easy to follow and understand. A good reminder for fellow Christians and a taste of the possibilities for people seeking spiritual meaning.
Isidra Smoot
Nov 27, 2015 Isidra Smoot rated it liked it
Would reco mmened to friends to read. Will a keep in my library to reflec.t on latter.

On a latter date. Felt is was helpful and informative. Know that it could help others in their walk to get closer to the Holly Spirit.
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • Bigger than Impossible (Keys to Experiencing the Impossible through God)
  • Did the Resurrection Happen . . . Really?
  • 21 Prayers of Gratitude: Overcoming Negativity Through the Power of Prayer and God's Word
  • All about Jesus: The Single Story from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
  • Moses - Steps to a Life of Faith
  • How Big Is Your God?: The Freedom to Experience the Divine
  • His Holiness The Dalai Lama: A Message of Spiritual Wisdom
  • Holiday Recipes: 150 Easy Recipes and Gifts From Your Kitchen
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • Chapter 29 Revisited
  • Lord, Teach Us To Pray
  • The Beauty of Christ through Brokenness
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • The 7-Day Prayer Warrior Experience (Free One-Week Devotional)
  • Happily Ever After: Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage
Adam is a preacher, teacher and Christian author. He is a devoted husband and father of 3 boys. Through His travels he’s seen the need for a new awakening and a new revival: A revival of the heart. Come join Adam on this journey of redemption and experience God like never before!
More about Adam Houge...

“The hardest time to say something that turns another back to the Lord is during an argument. We get heated and easily tempted to say something we don’t mean. Perhaps in our anger for the moment we mean what we say. But when we start thinking more rationally, we realize that’s not our heart at all. So we end up regretting our words. In this example we see that the words start with the heart. We need to learn to back down and cool off a minute. If we aren’t meditating on the Lord, in our anger we will let something slip. It’s good to remember to cool off and spend some time with God. Think about the situation, then go back and speak when your heart is sober.” 4 likes
“Righteousness is faith in motion. It is the work of faith. The faith we have is expressed by the things we do. When we make ourselves pliable in God’s hands He is able to work through us more powerfully.” 3 likes