Start by marking “Black Sheep (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Sheep (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #2)

Black Sheep ( Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  40 reviews
It’s the one mystery Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney has never solved: her father’s unexplained suicide after arresting his best friend for murder. It drove Caitlyn to become one of the FBI’s best agents—and often the most unorthodox.

Her latest case is no exception when the man she holds responsible for her father’s death asks for help in finding his missing daug
ebook
Published February 17th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Black Sheep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Sheep

Cris
FBI Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney stole every scene she appeared in in C.J. Lyons's previous pseudo-prequel thriller offering, BLIND FAITH, so I was thrilled to hear she would be starring in a spinoff series. Lyons's style has developed and matured greatly since the original publication of BLIND FAITH, and BLACK SHEEP reads more like her other, excellent, thriller series, the LUCY GUARDINO books. Caitlyn is like a younger, equally kickass Lucy: a FBI agent who is more committed to doing her job ...more
Karen  Rose Smith
This book is suspense at its best. FBI agent Caitlin Tierney is like-able and real. The plot takes twists and turns and is based on what I like best in any novel--relationships. I couldn't wait to get back to it when life interrupted and I didn't want it to end.
Arlena
Author: C J Lyons
Published By: Minotaur Books
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

Review:

"Black Sheep" by C.J. Lyons was a truly another one this authors good reads that only 'she' can deliver. This novel will be presented with mystery, murder, a thrillers, suspense with even some romance. Black Sheep was the sequel to Blind Faith and if you haven't read it....well you are missing out...but this story continues as this novel's interest is in FBI Caitlyn Tierney...who gets invol
Bri
Black Sheep was not what I had expected it to be. I read the first book to this spin-off Blind Faith, which had me hooked from the very beginning and until the very end. I was truly excited about this book and expected it to be much like the same. There were moments of great action and unexpectedness throughout the book, but all in all I felt that the storyline and ending were stretched to the extreme so that it felt as if the author didn't truly know how they wanted the book to go and end until ...more
Kim
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy and could not put it down. CJ Lyons did it again another FBI Mystery with a little bit of everything thrown in along the way. Many twists and turns for Caitlyn as she delves into a mystery from her past 26 years ago, and the end will blow you away. It certainly was not expected.You may want to read it again just to see if you seen it coming and missed it the first time around. I just loved Smokey, I think in some parts she stole the show. I can't wait t ...more
Heather
Just finished reading an advanced copy and I have to say this book had a little bit of everything! Including a surprise at the ending that I just didn't see coming. The story features an FBI agent that doesn't like to play by the rules trying to solve a mystery of her own past while pursuing the disappearance of an old friend. There are some elements of humor mixed in with the mystery along with a touch of romance. All in all, a great read and another winner from CJ Lyons!
Carol Stanley-Snow
This is my first time reading CJ LYONS and i can tell you it won't be my last.

This story is fast moving and full of intensity. When all is revealed, you don't know if your happy, sad or furious!!

A must read for those who love a great suspensful read.
ML Barnes
Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney is good at her job but not at her life. Her people skills leave a lot to be desired and she’s in a relationship that always leaves her feeling guilty. One step ahead of being forced into taking a medical pension and early retirement, Caitlyn is asked to look into a problem for the man she holds responsible for her father’s death. The search takes her to her hometown and to her own family where she just may find the answer to the most pressing question in ...more
Kathryn Bain
Will be meeting CJ Lyons in August, and wanted to read a book before I did. I'm glad I did.

I liked the whole use of the biker gang as a backdrop for the bad guys. You don't see that too often in fiction written by women.

Ms. Lyons use of description and emotion draw you into the story. You actually start to get annoyed at her annoying mother. Her suspense is also on target. I found the whole animal thing a bit unbelievable, but I didn't allow it to spoil the read.

I'd definitely read her again.
Kristin
This book is an immediate sequel to Lyons' previous book featuring FBI Agent Caitlyn Tierney, 'Blind Faith', as Tierney is recovering from the events at the end of that book to open this one. Otherwise, no other characters from 'Blind Faith' make an appearance here, and Lyons only revels minor spoilers from that book, so you could theoretically read them out of order.
Tierney is recovering from surgery and trying to figure out where she fits in at the FBI when she gets a call from a prisoner aski
My Book Addiction and More MBA
BLACK SHEEP by C.J. Lyons is a thrilling romantic suspense/thriller/mystery. Sequel to "Blind Faith". But can be read without reading "Blind Faith",although I would recommend reading it because it is a great read also and gives insight into Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney. A heart pumping,compelling mystery from beginning to end. How can you not love this author or Special Agent Caitlyn. She is off to her hometown in North Carolina to discover the truth behind her father's death 26 years earlier. ...more
Gloria Feit
FBI Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney returns in this newest novel by CJ Lyons [after “Blind Faith”], and this one is another winner. Caitlyn isn’t sure of her future with the FBI, now on temporary assignment at Quantico, and known as one who doesn’t always play by the rulebook. At thirty-five, she’s carrying a lot of baggage: “nine years carrying a loaded weapon, almost dying twice, killing a man in close-quarters combat, watching a good man sacrifice his life to save hers.” And that’s ...more
Amy Lignor
The one thing that can always be said about this author is the fact that she knows inside-and-out how to deliver the perfect blend of romance and suspense that makes her fans come back again and again. And this novel is no exception.

For those who missed Blind Faith (a novel you MUST go back and read because it was beyond good), the character of Caitlyn Tierney is a true ‘gem.’ This FBI Supervisory Special Agent is tough, hard-edged and gritty, and knows exactly how to bring in the ‘bad guy.’ But
Carol
The second book in the Caitlyn Tierney series. Tierney is a Supervisory Special Agent with the FBI.Returning to her childhood home town looking for a missing girl, she finds more than a missing long ago friend. She finds answers to a twenty six year old question.Why did her father take his own life....I had some problems with some of the story lines, hence the three stars. Not the best of the series..
Kristen Petersen
This book was just okay. The story was a little convoluted and hard to follow the "twist" at the end. The addition of the animals was also a bit far fetched. The romance factor was strained and unnecessary.
Danni
Jan 19, 2015 Danni marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Dollar tree buy.
Adrian Lee
Enjoyed and keep me hyped.
Traci Hill
This book was great from beginning to end!!!!!!!
Linda Stoner
eAudiobook borrowed from JoCo Library; read by Nick Landrum
Debbie J
Black Sheep is a surefire page-turner with a pleasing mix of mystery, suspense, action, romance, and simple storytelling. My sole complaint would be Lyon’s use of stilted dialogue where people said things I couldn't imagine would fit into a casual conversation. At times the characters appeared as if they were reading parts of pre-written speeches. Nonetheless, I liked Black Sheep enough to put its prequel, Blind Faith, on my "to-read" list.
Vicki
I have read all of Ms. Lyons books and loved them all. This was no exception. I really like the character of SA Caitlyn Tierney. She is the epitome of kiss ass woman. The book has Ms. Tierney going home for the first time in a very long time. It's all action from the get go and don't even try and guess who is who because no one is what they seem. Another winner and I have no doubts we will be reading many more books from this author. I love her books.
Nancie Roach
Love this strong character. I'll be back for more.
Shari
I received an Arc of this book. A good mystery involving Caitlyn a FBI agent trying to solve an incident from 26 years ago involving her dad and his best friend. Many secrets with in the family that she uncovers. Loved the character Smokey.
Lorraine
I bought a 2 e-book bundle and this is the second book in the series. The books are not horrible, however they are not the type of book I usually read. This one was even more disturbing than the previous book.
AmyJo Johnson
There was a LOT more action and turns than I expected, and less romance - both of which are great for my tastes! It wasjt necessarily a book I couldn't put down, but it was entertaining nonetheless.
Brandi Quesada
I was lucky enough to read this Pre-Sale. It was great!! Major twists along the way! Lyons doens't disappoint, she follows her unique, intriguing style!
Karen
Enjoyed the book. The characters were good and I like the story -- it was a good read. I will read more by this author.
  • Is IT A Crime
  • Crosshairs (Embryo, #2)
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • When Rain Falls (Victory Gospel Series, #1)
  • Finding Sanity
  • One By One
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Carved in Darkness
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Scraps of Paper
  • Kiss Me or Die
  • A Dream of Daring
  • Pretty Young Things
  • Megan's Cure (An Enzo Lee Mystery Thriller)
  • Nowhere to Hide (Nowhere, #2)
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Heat Wave (Riders Up, #2)
  • Blast from the Past (Mac Farady Mystery #4)
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-one novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "riveting" (P
More about C.J. Lyons...

Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller (3 books)
  • Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1)
  • Hollow Bones (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #3)
Snake Skin (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller, #1) Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1) Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1) Broken Borrowed Time