Start by marking “Black Sheep (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Sheep (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #2)

Black Sheep ( Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller #2)

It’s the one mystery Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney has never solved: her father’s unexplained suicide after arresting his best friend for murder. It drove Caitlyn to become one of the FBI’s best agents—and often the most unorthodox.

Her latest case is no exception when the man she holds responsible for her father’s death asks for help in finding his missing daug
ebook
Published February 17th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Black Sheep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Sheep

Cris
Jan 09, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FBI Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney stole every scene she appeared in in C.J. Lyons's previous pseudo-prequel thriller offering, BLIND FAITH, so I was thrilled to hear she would be starring in a spinoff series. Lyons's style has developed and matured greatly since the original publication of BLIND FAITH, and BLACK SHEEP reads more like her other, excellent, thriller series, the LUCY GUARDINO books. Caitlyn is like a younger, equally kickass Lucy: a FBI agent who is more committed to doing her job ...more
Karen  Smith
Feb 28, 2014 Karen Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is suspense at its best. FBI agent Caitlin Tierney is like-able and real. The plot takes twists and turns and is based on what I like best in any novel--relationships. I couldn't wait to get back to it when life interrupted and I didn't want it to end.
Arlena
Author: C J Lyons
Published By: Minotaur Books
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

Review:

"Black Sheep" by C.J. Lyons was a truly another one this authors good reads that only 'she' can deliver. This novel will be presented with mystery, murder, a thrillers, suspense with even some romance. Black Sheep was the sequel to Blind Faith and if you haven't read it....well you are missing out...but this story continues as this novel's interest is in FBI Caitlyn Tierney...who gets invol
Bri
Mar 10, 2013 Bri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Black Sheep was not what I had expected it to be. I read the first book to this spin-off Blind Faith, which had me hooked from the very beginning and until the very end. I was truly excited about this book and expected it to be much like the same. There were moments of great action and unexpectedness throughout the book, but all in all I felt that the storyline and ending were stretched to the extreme so that it felt as if the author didn't truly know how they wanted the book to go and end until ...more
Kim
Feb 26, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy and could not put it down. CJ Lyons did it again another FBI Mystery with a little bit of everything thrown in along the way. Many twists and turns for Caitlyn as she delves into a mystery from her past 26 years ago, and the end will blow you away. It certainly was not expected.You may want to read it again just to see if you seen it coming and missed it the first time around. I just loved Smokey, I think in some parts she stole the show. I can't wait t ...more
Heather
Oct 03, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Just finished reading an advanced copy and I have to say this book had a little bit of everything! Including a surprise at the ending that I just didn't see coming. The story features an FBI agent that doesn't like to play by the rules trying to solve a mystery of her own past while pursuing the disappearance of an old friend. There are some elements of humor mixed in with the mystery along with a touch of romance. All in all, a great read and another winner from CJ Lyons!
Carol Stanley-Snow
This is my first time reading CJ LYONS and i can tell you it won't be my last.

This story is fast moving and full of intensity. When all is revealed, you don't know if your happy, sad or furious!!

A must read for those who love a great suspensful read.
Mieke Schepens
Aug 19, 2016 Mieke Schepens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Indrukwekkend! Lees de recensie op mijn blog: http://graaggelezen.blogspot.nl/2016/...
Kristin
This book is an immediate sequel to Lyons' previous book featuring FBI Agent Caitlyn Tierney, 'Blind Faith', as Tierney is recovering from the events at the end of that book to open this one. Otherwise, no other characters from 'Blind Faith' make an appearance here, and Lyons only revels minor spoilers from that book, so you could theoretically read them out of order.
Tierney is recovering from surgery and trying to figure out where she fits in at the FBI when she gets a call from a prisoner aski
Nyah Rust
Amy Lignor
Mar 23, 2013 Amy Lignor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The one thing that can always be said about this author is the fact that she knows inside-and-out how to deliver the perfect blend of romance and suspense that makes her fans come back again and again. And this novel is no exception.

For those who missed Blind Faith (a novel you MUST go back and read because it was beyond good), the character of Caitlyn Tierney is a true ‘gem.’ This FBI Supervisory Special Agent is tough, hard-edged and gritty, and knows exactly how to bring in the ‘bad guy.’ But
Gloria Feit
Jun 10, 2013 Gloria Feit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FBI Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney returns in this newest novel by CJ Lyons [after “Blind Faith”], and this one is another winner. Caitlyn isn’t sure of her future with the FBI, now on temporary assignment at Quantico, and known as one who doesn’t always play by the rulebook. At thirty-five, she’s carrying a lot of baggage: “nine years carrying a loaded weapon, almost dying twice, killing a man in close-quarters combat, watching a good man sacrifice his life to save hers.” And that’s ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
BLACK SHEEP by C.J. Lyons is a thrilling romantic suspense/thriller/mystery. Sequel to "Blind Faith". But can be read without reading "Blind Faith",although I would recommend reading it because it is a great read also and gives insight into Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney. A heart pumping,compelling mystery from beginning to end. How can you not love this author or Special Agent Caitlyn. She is off to her hometown in North Carolina to discover the truth behind her father's death 26 years earlier. ...more
ML Barnes
May 08, 2014 ML Barnes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Supervisory Special Agent Caitlyn Tierney is good at her job but not at her life. Her people skills leave a lot to be desired and she’s in a relationship that always leaves her feeling guilty. One step ahead of being forced into taking a medical pension and early retirement, Caitlyn is asked to look into a problem for the man she holds responsible for her father’s death. The search takes her to her hometown and to her own family where she just may find the answer to the most pressing question in ...more
Kathryn Bain
Jul 19, 2014 Kathryn Bain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will be meeting CJ Lyons in August, and wanted to read a book before I did. I'm glad I did.

I liked the whole use of the biker gang as a backdrop for the bad guys. You don't see that too often in fiction written by women.

Ms. Lyons use of description and emotion draw you into the story. You actually start to get annoyed at her annoying mother. Her suspense is also on target. I found the whole animal thing a bit unbelievable, but I didn't allow it to spoil the read.

I'd definitely read her again.
Roger
Apr 07, 2016 Roger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with CJ Lyons when I read Snake Skin. This book grabbed my attention from start to finish. I read the book in less than a day & it would have been quicker but life & work got in the way! Grittier than the Lucy Guardino character, Black Sheep is an action packed thriller that leaves you wanting more, filling in the gaps that made Caitlyn Tierney who she is. Can't wait to read the next Caitlyn Tierney book.
Vicki
Mar 01, 2013 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of Ms. Lyons books and loved them all. This was no exception. I really like the character of SA Caitlyn Tierney. She is the epitome of kiss ass woman. The book has Ms. Tierney going home for the first time in a very long time. It's all action from the get go and don't even try and guess who is who because no one is what they seem. Another winner and I have no doubts we will be reading many more books from this author. I love her books.
Debbie J
Black Sheep is a surefire page-turner with a pleasing mix of mystery, suspense, action, romance, and simple storytelling. My sole complaint would be Lyon’s use of stilted dialogue where people said things I couldn't imagine would fit into a casual conversation. At times the characters appeared as if they were reading parts of pre-written speeches. Nonetheless, I liked Black Sheep enough to put its prequel, Blind Faith, on my "to-read" list.
Carol
The second book in the Caitlyn Tierney series. Tierney is a Supervisory Special Agent with the FBI.Returning to her childhood home town looking for a missing girl, she finds more than a missing long ago friend. She finds answers to a twenty six year old question.Why did her father take his own life....I had some problems with some of the story lines, hence the three stars. Not the best of the series..
Nikki
Oct 23, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read with an interesting story line about a gang of bikers that I've never come across before in any of the crime books I've read before. There were a few twists at the end that I wasn't expecting which is always a bonus surprise. A good read. I think I'll have to read the first in the series next.
Lorraine
Dec 16, 2013 Lorraine rated it liked it
I bought a 2 e-book bundle and this is the second book in the series. The books are not horrible, however they are not the type of book I usually read. This one was even more disturbing than the previous book.
Rebecca Florig
Definitely a good book. It was a page turner and had some twists and turns I didn't expect however it didn't blow my socks off. Absolutely recommend it and is an easy read! Guns hostages mystery and murder .... What else do you need?
Shari
Jan 11, 2013 Shari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an Arc of this book. A good mystery involving Caitlyn a FBI agent trying to solve an incident from 26 years ago involving her dad and his best friend. Many secrets with in the family that she uncovers. Loved the character Smokey.
Kristen Petersen
This book was just okay. The story was a little convoluted and hard to follow the "twist" at the end. The addition of the animals was also a bit far fetched. The romance factor was strained and unnecessary.
Rute
Jun 06, 2016 Rute rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book.
Nancy
Sep 18, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this. Excellent.
Elmira
Nov 14, 2013 Elmira added it
This was a good book. I like this author.
AmyJo Johnson
There was a LOT more action and turns than I expected, and less romance - both of which are great for my tastes! It wasjt necessarily a book I couldn't put down, but it was entertaining nonetheless.
Linda Stoner
Jan 27, 2015 Linda Stoner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
eAudiobook borrowed from JoCo Library; read by Nick Landrum
Jan 21, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book for the most part but wasn't really interested in the story. It was a quick read.
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • Is IT A Crime
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • When Rain Falls (Victory Gospel Series, #1)
  • Cameron 4
  • Crosshairs (A Rainey & Levine Thriller #2)
  • Finding Sanity
  • Hunter (The Silver, #6)
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Dying Art (A Dylan Scott Mystery, #5)
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • Kiss Me or Die
  • One By One
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Desert Run (A Lena Jones Mystery #4)
  • A Dream of Daring
  • Pretty Young Things
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Two times winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "r
More about C.J. Lyons...

Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller (3 books)
  • Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1)
  • Hollow Bones (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #3)