Start by marking “A Time & Place for Every Laird” as Want to Read:
A Time & Place for Every Laird

A Time & Place for Every Laird (A Laird for All Time #2)

Surely, she’d gone completely mad. Claire Manning can’t imagine what she was thinking when she decided to help the escapee from her company’s lab but after seeing him caged like an animal, her humanitarian compulsion cannot be overridden – even by the arrogant, scowling eighteenth-century Highlander Hugh Urquhart turns out to be.

His entire life has been taken away from him
Published May 7th 2013 by My Personal Bubble LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Time & Place for Every Laird, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
My Commander by Alanea AlderThe Syrian Virgin by Zack LoveCentral Park Song by Zack LoveCurveball by Teresa MichaelsLost Angeles by Lisa Mantchev
Great Indie Romance Reads
6th out of 33 books — 39 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerA Knight in Shining Armor by Jude DeverauxBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningA Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Best Time-Travel Romance Novels
313th out of 649 books — 3,583 voters

More lists with this book...

Jana Smith
Sep 08, 2014 Jana Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice twist on a highlands tale

A well written and engaging story. Claire and Hugh, the main characters are well portrayed, and the story moves along at a good pace. At times Claire's indecisiveness goes on too long, but I suppose the author was trying to communicate the magnitude of her loss and depth of her first love. Hugh as portrayed is a man most women would love to meet.
Dee
Apr 03, 2015 Dee rated it it was amazing
Great book....writing flows....interesting change from girl gets stuck in past falls in love story line. Here the guy gets wrenched out of his time by a governmental science project gone wrong and sent to our 21st century.
Trina Savage
Jan 03, 2016 Trina Savage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read in just under an hour and forty minutes

Great follow up to the series d however you should have brought Donnell back in to explain some in why Hugh was important for the future
Melodie
Was a bit disappointed since I enjoyed the first book so much.
Simara
Oct 01, 2016 Simara rated it liked it
This is a very nice romance. The only thing I didn't really love is the fact that this is basically a contemporary romance story and not a historical like the other books in the series. I feel the hero got used to the modern day era WAY to quickly. Other than that is a very nice complete and well developed romance with very good narration.
Patricia Carcasses
Sep 26, 2016 Patricia Carcasses rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

This was a very enjoyable read, one oh the most fun romance novels I have read in a long time!
Cozen
Apr 22, 2015 Cozen rated it liked it
Shelves: not-a-standalone
*** This contains spoilers ***

This was a pretty good read. It had a twist to the story plot that definitely sets it a part from other books in this genre. I also really liked the easier handling of the whole "Time Travel" issues. Most of the time time travel can get very confusing and you find that there is no suitable way to write one out without leaving wholes in the story. This book handles that subject very well. I also like the retelling of everything only because you feel the wondrous mom
Kat Green
Feb 03, 2016 Kat Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claire and Hugh's story

I have read several books by Ms. Fortin at this point and must say, this particular book, A Time & Place for Every Laird, was especially intriguing to me since her storyline/plot was unique to my experiences in reading paranormal time travel books. To be honest, I actually didn't think I would enjoy them very much and had put off reading them for a while. Boy was I wrong! Ms. Fortin has made me into a time travel addict. With her talent for developing strong characters
Wendy Tavenner
Jul 26, 2015 Wendy Tavenner rated it it was amazing
Another great read by the author. Claire still in morning 3 yrs after her husband was killed finds unexpectedly strange creatures and 2 savage men locked up in cages. Not knowing what to do she leaves. Realling fron what she sees, she leaves work early and is accosted by one of the savages to help him escape. Huge is from the mid 18th century and not a savage but a Duke from his time. Not knowing what the heck is going on or why he was locked in a cage. He finally had the opportunity to escape ...more
Country Goose
Jan 01, 2015 Country Goose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Done

Angeline did such a great job in "A Time & Place for Every Laird," there is so much I have an essay on why it's a keeper.

Claire (a.k.a. Sorcha) and Hugh were unbelievably portrayed in such a realistic light, and character growth was perfect.

They didn't just fall into bed the first few days, which had become the norm nowadays. They grew to love in a "my true love" kind of way without a rushed lust, and it's much less trashy, but still sexy and romantic.

I could go on and on o
Deborah
Mar 24, 2015 Deborah rated it liked it
Although slightly drawn out (I skimmed those parts) "A Time and Place for Every Laird" was an entertaining story that I enjoyed. I loved the reversal of the man traveling into the future as opposed to the woman traveling into the past. Claire and Hugh were likeable characters with a good bit of sexual tension electrifying the air between them. Claire's smartypants, computer savvy brother was a character. I would love a story about him. I also loved that Hugh, regardless of his warrior appearance ...more
GregandRobin
Mar 22, 2016 GregandRobin rated it it was amazing
What an adventure !!!!! Hugh and Claire are AMAZing!!!! Claire thought of most things that I would never have thought of!! Thank goodness for her dear brother Danny!!! Hugh, who would not have fallen in love with him!! Sexy, smart, and well polished!!! He brought Claire back to life!!! I feared they were not destined to be together but they had to they fit so well!!! Hated Jamerson with a passion!!!! He needed a life of his own!!!
please Please get Danny a woman of his own he deserves a good one
E.B. Brown
Jul 04, 2013 E.B. Brown rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-i-like
I devoured this book in one sitting, just like all the other Angeline Fortin novels I have read. I love a good time travel romance, but I like the characters to behave in a believable manner. Ms.Fortin writes sympathetic, likeable characters and the storyline is fast-paced. It kept my interest so much that I had to read straight through. If you like time travel and hot romance, but you also like a great storyline, then you will enjoy this book.
Terri
Feb 22, 2014 Terri rated it really liked it
Great time travel. I have not read very many that take place now. It's really hard for some authors to explain the whole time travel concept. This author did a good job. The heroine was very smart and strong. (I think it would have been better, if the author showed more what the hero was thinking and his struggles dealing with our time.) Overall, I would recommend this book for anyone who loves highlanders and sci-fi.
Maureen
My Favorite (so far)

This is my favorite in Fortin's Laird series so far. Young widow Claire Manning saves a "savage" who has fallen though a wormhole from Scotland during the battle of Culloden. The adventures they share are fabulous.
Aryn Jy
Jan 12, 2016 Aryn Jy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

I'm so disappointed. I really thought they would have travelled back in time and they would live their lives in the past. That would have been great, oh but no, not this. Could not finish the story. What a dull!
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
loved it!!!!

Oh my!! Lovely read!! Such a fierce, caring, very hot Scot!!! The lovely heroine is wonderful, strong, and very able to speak for herself. Such a lovely wonderful romantic story!!
Ursula Okerlund
Dec 15, 2014 Ursula Okerlund rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Time and Place for Every Laird. A most terrific Story.

A most terrific Story. I highly Recommend this Book. Romance and Suspense, a very smart and sexy Highlander and a Great Heroine with a very smart Brother. I enjoyed and loved the story very,very much!!!!!!
Bunga
Jul 01, 2016 Bunga rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Kalo biasanya heroinenya yang terlempar ke masa lalu, kali ini si hero yang terdampar di masa depan. Lumayan seru juga mengikuti cerita Hugh belajar menyesuaikan diri di abad 21, dan ada thriller pas Hugh & Sorcha/Claire diuber-uber FBI.
libby rohde karch
An excellent read

Not your usual time travel story. Intrigue, romance and humor. It was a wonderful read and kept me on the edge of my seat. Enjoy.
Jan Baldocchi
Jul 20, 2015 Jan Baldocchi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read

Lost in time finding a lost love ! Angeline Fortin story have a great twist to it ..it's a verry good read
Karen
Jun 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read and a quite plausible romantic tale of two different centuries of people falling in love. I enjoyed the adventure and can't wait for Angeline's next book!!!
Lady
Oct 04, 2013 Lady rated it liked it
3.5
I enjoyed the flip flop plot of time travel, but to this century and not the past. It was a very different take from other time travel books I've read and a refreshing change.
cinda draper
Aug 19, 2016 cinda draper rated it it was amazing
What an adventure

Very good. I loved this because it was so different from the romance stories I usually read. Their time together was totally a great adventure to read
Orena
Jan 07, 2016 Orena rated it it was amazing
loved this book,it had everything a girl could want a handsome time traveled highlander,action,romance all in one book.would highly recommend this book.
Christine Brand
Feb 21, 2014 Christine Brand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Hugh and Claire were so much fun despite hurdles to overcome. Her moving on after becoming a widow with a loving past relationship and Hugh from another past time.
Marlene S. Luchenbill
Enjoyed

This had mystery and fun in it. Different than other stories. I am glad they got married and moved to Scotland.
Brandy
Mar 04, 2016 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This was a mesmerizing story and had me hooked from the beginning. I loved how this storyline unfolds. It's full of Suspense and Heartfelt. I Highly Recommend This Series!!!
Paula B. Kaufman-Dajani
Loved it.

I couldn't put it down. I loved it. How about a sequel? It was very good. I didn't want it to end.
Sheri Cordell
Sheri Cordell rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
  • Return of the Highlander (Immortal Warriors, #1)
  • The Midwife (The Pocket Watch Chronicles, #2)
  • Highland Knight
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • All the Time You Need (Magic of Time, #1)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Once a Pirate
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Kiljorn Prime (Katieran Prime, #4)
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Bride Reborn (Star Brides, #2)
  • Runaway Bride (Across the Stars, #2)
  • Alien, Mine
  • Finding Jess (First Wave, #2)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Breath of Fire (Rena Drake, #1)
Angeline Fortin is the author of historical and time-travel romance offering her readers a fun, sexy and often touching tales of romance.

Her most recent release, Taken: A Laird for All Time Novel, was recently awarded the Virginia Romance Writers 2015 Holt Medallion Award for Paranormal Romance. Her first release in May of 2011, the Highland time travel novel A Laird for All Time, has steadily ra
More about Angeline Fortin...

A Laird for All Time (4 books)
  • A Laird for all Time
  • Taken (A Laird for All Time)
  • Love in the Time of a Highland Laird