Start by marking “Office Mayhem: A Handbook to Practical Anarchy” as Want to Read:
Office Mayhem: A Handbook to Practical Anarchy

Office Mayhem: A Handbook to Practical Anarchy

Enjoy your day job with this shamelessly humourous companion to workplace hijinks which includes ideas such as spying, backstabbing, sabotage, and anything else to help you climb the corporate ladder ahead of your fellow professional slaves.
Published January 1st 2008 by Harry N. Abrams (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Office Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Office Mayhem

Amber
Jan 21, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
I got this book as a Christmas gift. I have to say that it's really funny, but if you every did anything from this book you would get FIRED ASAP! And might not get a job anywhere else if word got out. All that said it's still a very funny book.And also a very fast read.
Jackie
Oct 29, 2008 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
While the chicken bomb is funny, I prefer the more subtle ideas in this book. For example, "the best way to flex your manipulation skills is through a simple letter-sized sign that first mimics the existing micro-fascism in the office and then attempts to dismantle it. All of these signs project an unexplained -- and grossly overly enthusiastic sense of of authority." The examples in the book are hysterical.
Karen
Aug 01, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Humourous easy adorable book to lighten up the seriosness at the office. I do not know if I would do any of these if I worked in such aplace, but simple light reading and can use the ideas on april 1st or other such celabrations, birthdays, get togethers. Different things to do, not even seen on Pinterest as of yet, by me anyway.
denise
Jul 18, 2016 denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-book
Borrowed from a co-worker, a fantastic book(let) to peruse AT WORK! The perfect tool for the disgruntled worker or just anyone wanting to wreak a little havoc. Careful, you will be lulled into thinking "I bet I can do that and not get caught."

Two words... Chicken Bomb. Nuff said.
Kathy
Aug 07, 2011 Kathy rated it did not like it
Not worth buying. I ordered this book after it got a nod in Entertainment Weekly. This took me 15 minutes, tops, to read cover to cover. It is photo dominant, and the tongue-in-cheek humor seems to miss the mark more often than not.
Ward
Dec 14, 2009 Ward added it
Shelves: aught-naught
on the break room fridge:

PLEASE UNPLUG
AFTER EACH USE
THANKS!
Teawench
Dec 24, 2011 Teawench rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Very quick read. Highly amusing.
Chad
Dec 04, 2007 Chad rated it it was amazing
"The Chicken Bomb" need I say more.
Bonajean McAneney
Bonajean McAneney marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Valerie Lasser
Valerie Lasser rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Alex
Alex added it
Oct 21, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
Jul 01, 2014
Pennalynn
Pennalynn rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2014
S
S rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2013
Ambercanread
Ambercanread marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Rusty
Rusty added it
Sep 27, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Katy
Katy added it
Aug 22, 2011
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2011
Katy
Katy added it
Aug 06, 2011
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2011
Phil Newman
Phil Newman rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Brandon Hill
Brandon Hill rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015