Start by marking “Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to” as Want to Read:
Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to

Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to

In Detail

RabbitMQ is an open source message-broker that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) standard. This book will enable you to take advantage of RabbitMQ to create scalable, message-based applications.

In "Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to" you start by understanding the reasons for using an AMQP message broker; you will the

Published May 2013 by Packt Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Instant RabbitMQ Messaging Application Development How-to

Jorge Puente Sarrín
Jun 18, 2013 Jorge Puente Sarrín rated it it was amazing
The book is truly an "instant book" because it has very practical examples and real use cases for AMQP implementations with Node.js platform. (You could use any language/platform, but it is always good to learn a new one; at least for me, it is perfect!).

In the early chapters, it describes the process of installing RabbitMQ and Node.js, easily and efficiently.

In the following chapters, the author begins by describing a use case where we can use the AMQP protocol, then describes (step by step) th
Rachel
Jun 27, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I was given this book for review by Packt Publishing. My opinions are, however, my own.

Currently on offer at 5.09, usual price 5.99 (Jun 2013)

Live ebook prices are available at Luzme

The book starts with "What can RabbitMQ do for you?", moves on to installation, and then runs through an example usage of an e-commerce shop, adding in more complexity through various examples.

All the code is written in Node.js; if you
Toni
Jun 27, 2013 Toni rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to get a copy of this book for review by Packt Publishing.

As I already have some experience with RabbitMQ, I was more interested to see if this book could be used as a learning material within the company I work for. Not every new developer knows about RabbitMQ and it’s not easy to start with, especially if you have no background with other queuing systems.

And I was pleasantly surprised while reading the book.

The author first explains what RabbitMQ is all about and what it
Aelena
Aug 13, 2013 Aelena rated it really liked it
I was invited by Packt Publishing to read and review the book, a part of their instant series.

As in other installments, the idea is to start with the simplest scenarios quickly covering intermediate and advanced scenarios at the end of the book. I personally think the book complements the tutorials on offer on the rabbitMQ site, going a bit beyond than the ground covered by these, and with the twist ofusing javascript (node.js) for everything, as oppossed to the python and java tutorials in the
Konstantin Root
Jun 25, 2013 Konstantin Root rated it it was amazing
Quick introduction to RabbitMQ with examples in Node.js.
Robert Chen
Robert Chen rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Pablo Vilas
Pablo Vilas rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Markus Muhr
Markus Muhr rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2014
Samba
Samba marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Anoop
Anoop added it
Feb 28, 2014
Mahitab M
Mahitab M marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Wallis Chan
Wallis Chan is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2014
Minsang Kim
Minsang Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kanetaka
Kanetaka marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Anu
Anu marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Malte Büchmann
Malte Büchmann marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Mesbah Ahmed
Mesbah Ahmed marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Evan Zamir
Evan Zamir marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
1ass
1ass marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Abdelkader Laouid
Abdelkader Laouid marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016