Start by marking “Hope Breaks (Hope Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hope Breaks (Hope Trilogy, #1)

Hope Breaks (Hope Trilogy #1)

Hope Jones has two problems: one is new, the other is depressingly old.

The new problem: the bestselling author the publisher she shoots romance novel covers for hates her newest batch of covers. She has until the end of the week to come up with a breathtaking shot or she’ll be replaced. And there’s a sudden model shortage; they’re out of season.

The old, depressing problem:
Published April 29th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Hope Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Breaks

Axel by Harper SloanReal by Katy EvansDown to You by M. LeightonThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleDiamond Girl by Andrea  Smith
H.O.T. Male Book Covers
115th out of 434 books — 443 voters
Fated Truth by Tasha GwartneyShine Not Burn by Elle CaseyLick by Kylie ScottFalling into You by Jasinda WilderBullet by Jade C. Jamison
NEW Indie Books of 2013
248th out of 568 books — 1,036 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 23, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, kindle-books
Well, that was NOT the ending I was hoping for...where is the rest of it?!?

“You actually don’t remember a hunk like that? Were you on drugs or religion as a child?”

Olivia Lovelace, famous author, hates her current book cover. Hope has to find something hot, steamy and best-seller worthy or she can kiss her little photography job goodbye. Facing the truth that she has nothing to go on is difficult; and her model liaison has no one for her to use on such short notice. Knowing this would nor
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 26, 2013 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, novella
When I read the blurb for this one and noticed the hero was a car mechanic for Walmart, I knew I had to try it. That type of hero is very appealing to me. The first 80% of this book is okay, but the last chapter or so really frustrated me and angered me so much, I can’t recommend this one.

Hope Jones is a photographer that designs romance book covers for a small publisher. She recently has been in a drought though, with a lack of models and no motivation to get a cover done for one of the bigger
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I received a copy from the author for an honest review

OMG!!! I loved this book!
It was a quick read, but I loved every page every thing about it.

You meet Hope who is a photographer taking pictures for book covers. So her editor calls and says the author was not happy with the pics she has submitted, so she needs to find something new. So she goes to the store to get pain killers as after his news she has a terrible headache and oh boy did she make the right decision to go to the store.
And I just
Jul 26, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
Wow, I have no idea how to categorise this ...

So this starts off like a standard light-weight romance. Something has happened in her past and she has come back to her home town to lick her wounds (metaphorically). She was an artist but is now a photographer, having branched out from weddings and graduations to covers for e-books.

Looking for a new cover for her employer's most demanding author she meets Jake, apparently an old friend of her brother, she doesn't remember him but he remembers her.
Jun 09, 2013 ShoSho rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, x-2013

This was a short and funny story that I finished in no time and with its ending I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.
What I liked about this book was the quirky Hope and Jake , the crazy neighbour and the two studs ;)

Seeing more of Hope's past would have made the book better , there were tiny glimpses of her past here and there but nothing that showed why she was the way she was.I know there is supposed to be another 2 books in the series but just a bit more info would have bee
Heather andrews
Jun 17, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
It was good to Hope shopping at Wal-Mart as I live in hick town and well Wal-Mart is everything to us haha, "Really, I can just have it done here?" I was amazed. Wal-Mart really did have everything: Tylenol, hot young studs, and even mechanics to change your starter." Jake I loved him he's southern I love me some southern men, "Jake smile and shrugged. "Okay then. We can stop and grab some dogs on the way. As I said, this is my lunch." Jake is such a smooth talker, "I was trying to look for a re ...more
Lydia H
Jun 16, 2013 Lydia H rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

"Hope Breaks" is a funny, witty, and very sexy novella!

Once I started, I seriously did not wanna stop reading. I kept on reading well into the night until I was literally falling asleep.. and even then, I kept reading with one eye open!
It's that good!!Right from the beginning I fell in love with the characters and the story line.. seriously, I was hooked!

Hope Jones is so funny and witty!!! LOVED her inner dialogue!! I laughed an
Sep 15, 2013 Aarati rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books-owned
Hope Breaks follows Hope as she tries to save her job and along the way almost loses her hearts. It is a well written, fun, easy to read book.

Hope Jones is a photographer. She usually does covers for romance novels. The latest photographs she took did not appeal to the author and since it’s the off season, she can’t find any models for the cover. This means that if she doesn’t come up with a great cover the week, she’ll lose her job. Oh, by the way, she also hasn’t had a date in over two years.

Jun 17, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
I really really really liked this book. it was funny, easy to read and ... alive. what I mean is I could relate to characters, it was like Hope was my neighbor :)going to Wal-Mart, car problem, nosy neighbor/friend... I could relate to that.
Novella is about simple life but Hope isn't as simple as your everyday neighbor next door. she is funny, observant, good person and she's brave(she was scared, she had bad experience but she gave chance to Jake). she has problems and insecurities but that's
Jun 14, 2013 Kate rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this one because the author was calling it New Adult - it isn't. It's a contemporary adult romance. In fact, it felt as if the main character was originally older in previous drafts and then the author made her 26 years old just to try and catch a ride on the New Adult bandwagon.

But that is my only criticism. I really enjoyed this novel featuring Hope, a photographer of ebook romance covers. After her car breaks down in a WalMart carpark, I don't think Hope ever thought that Wa
Jul 10, 2013 Dyndyn rated it really liked it
Hope & Jake's perfect for each other! Sparks flew even when they've only been together for a short while. I love their chemistry!
I really, really enjoyed this novella! Well... up to last few pages! The only reason why I didn't give this 5 stars is because of the ending. Didn't see that coming! I wanted MORE! No, I NEEDED more! Argh... what happens next? This can't be it?! But... but... they're good together. What now? Why??? I'm deep breathing here. Can I have the next book now, PLEASE?
Freaking Off-The-Charts Hot, Tender, and Funny Romance

I loved this book! The humor was great…and WOW do Jake and Hope have a hot attraction to one another. The passion leaps off the pages, as I got a glimpse into the life of a cover artist-Hope-trying to make ends meet in the creative and demanding field of e-book cover design, and Jake-a hunkadorable mechanic whose tenderness for Hope made my heart ache and swoon, all at once! If you love conversational humor, an entertaining read with LOTS and
Deb Dee (autumn delaney)
Jun 24, 2013 Deb Dee (autumn delaney) rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

*Got an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.*

Okay... I totally did not frickin' expect that! WTH!?

At first I had mixed emotions about this book but on the last few chapters I got invested. Then, I did not expect the ending. (Dear Alice, when will you release the second part?)

h: I liked Hope's character. Her internal monologues were witty and funny and she's not one of those broken, self pitying type of heroine.

H: I was confused with some of Jake's actions. I'm a little torn
Jul 29, 2013 Wendy'sThoughts rated it did not like it
Was enjoying this little romp of sexual banter and fun... Jake was dreamy, sly and very male- Hope had a strong point of view- some hidden experience- never discussed- but still there was fun between these two characters. Then out of the blue- it takes a stupid turn, has no resolve, and it is like your driving,missed the turn off only to go off the cliff with no way to be saved! It was so disappointing... and no redemention with the author having at least the grace to have the follow up book rea ...more
Wendy Vargas
Jun 09, 2013 Wendy Vargas rated it it was amazing
This was a funny and sexy novella. it kept me engaged and wanting. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series since this ended in a bit of a cliffy... but all in all a great read... there also some unanswered questions that were not fully addressed... how well did he know her from high school??? how did she get the scar??? who was the asshole that did her wrong in California??? looking forward to the next book and hope the wait isn't too long...
Laura Smith
Jun 10, 2013 Laura Smith rated it really liked it
What a brilliant book, the only criticism I have is that it was wasnt longer! Don't get me wrong, i knew it was a novella when I started reading it but I was so caught up in hope and jakes story that I couldn't believe that the book was finished already. This is a good criticism believe me! The author had me enraptured! Hopes random thoughts are so like my own, and due to the skill of the author it felt that she had somehow stepped inside my head! Loved this and can't wait for the next one!
Jackie Lynn
Jan 11, 2015 Jackie Lynn rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Alice sent it to me I read and review and I have nothing but good things to say about it; besides the fact that I hated the ending because it didn't end on a happy note and now I'm very sad haha.
Jul 26, 2013 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
Well I saw this book as a freebie so I thought why not. I was excited by the blurb. It was great. Funny with just enough steam. I don't want to give anything away, but, lets just say I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more
Jun 23, 2013 Renee rated it it was amazing
The best thing s an unexpected ending. I loved ending because it was NOT what everyone would expect or want
Akilah Raines
Jun 11, 2013 Akilah Raines rated it liked it
I do not except that ending!! That was some bull! I need a book 2 because that pissed me off!! 3.5 stars! Full review to come on
Stephanie Pires
Sep 10, 2013 Stephanie Pires rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-august
In Hope Breaks, you’ll find that yes, you can find a hot, single, swoon-worthy mechanic of at all places… WALMART

Hope has a job most women who love books would envy, that of a cover photographer. Unfortunately she has a SERIOUS problem in that the company she works for is trying desperately to preserve their relationship with their biggest author, who’s exacting new standards are giving the e-book company, and Hope, a run for their money.

Hope is on a mission to find a new cover model for the aut
Jun 18, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-review
Hope Jones wishes she could start the day over again. Not only has her car broken down, but her job is in jeopardy. As a photographer of romance novel covers, she loves her job and she’s one of the best in the business. When the publisher she works with orders new book cover mock-ups because the bestselling author they want to retain has threated to sign elsewhere, Hope realizes she needs to take new photographs, but she’s under a time constraint. Heading into the local Wal-Mart for painkillers, ...more
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Is it too weird to say that one of my dreams is to visit a Walmart store? I know, it's weird but since I'm not living in the United States and I'm located all the way to the other side of it, I guess it’s not that weird. Well, here in Manila we have a store chain called WalterMart which as you can see is near the name Walmart, such an original right?

So, anyway, if I could find things, stuffs and people that Hope managed to meet and find at Walmart maybe I would need to buy a plane ticket now. I
Lori Myers
Apr 26, 2014 Lori Myers rated it did not like it
I, like some of the others here, just could not stand the immaturity of the lead character. She just didn't act like she was responsible enough to have 1) bought a house-2) kept up the mortgage on said house 3) had her own business. It was just too unbelievable given the way she acted.
the way some of the minor characters were...I really don't think that a 19 yr old will call a 26 yr. old a cougar...really???? And the fact that just out of the blue, she would offer to let the young female model d
Jul 30, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, first-reads
I loved most of this book. Hope was realistic and thoughtful; however, I actually thought she was older until she said how old she was. I thought this because of the way she talked about herself and now I realize that 26 probably is really old when it comes to modeling so it makes much more sense. Plus, I think her feelings of inadequacy have a base in her past that we just don't know much about yet. (I hope that a follow-up book gives us more information on this.) The story was funny and steamy ...more
Brunette Librarian
Jun 24, 2013 Brunette Librarian rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
For the entire review or to read more from my blog, please check out The Brunette Librarian

Hope is adrift in life. She’s having a hard time finding her direction in life, and little does she know that a trip to the local Wal-Mart may very well change her life! Going to add a bit of humor here, I cannot tell you how beautifully Alice describes the actual experience of going to Wal-Mart. The sights, the smells, the people...its so spot on and just delightful, I thoroughly loved it.

Anyway, back t
Aug 05, 2014 Rann rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, for-review
So the author Alice Bello provided me a copy of this for an honest review.

So to start, this is really a heart-wrenching one, do you know that kind of feeling when you get a failing grade in one of your major exams? when you know that your friends are doing silly stuff without you? or even the feeling of not being able to buy your favorite book on time? That feeling is what this book has given me. At first it was all plain and simple, I thought the story is all about Hope's getting her job done a
Jul 23, 2013 Lesley rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Hope Breaks in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly I wish it was a full length novel, it was that amazing. First of all, I must be shopping at the wrong Wal-mart because I have yet to find any eye candy at my local store as Hope finds at hers!!

Despite being only 118 pages, Alice did a great job in developing the characters and making me fall in love with both Hope and Jake.

I wish it hadn't had to end because there are a few unanswered questions that I hope will be answe
Jan 02, 2015 Eldarwen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I received this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really quite enjoyed this read, short as it was. Sometimes a novella really is just too short but in this case it couldn't have been longer without ruining the flair of the story.

Hope is a character who feels as though she has been taken straight out of life, a normal girl (or rather young woman) who doesn't pay attention to how she is looking when she's only briefly running to the shops for a quick errand, who went to co
Jessica Figueroa
Dec 27, 2015 Jessica Figueroa rated it really liked it
Hope is in a rut where shes got a deadline to shoot a cover photo for an author but models are hard to come by. When she heads to the nearest Wal-Mart imagine her surprise when she comes across a few hott males just perfect for the cover. While leaving the store she finds out that her car is messed up and the mechanic seems to be just what she needs for her car and herself. Things are starting to look up until she is faced with a situation to choose the guy or her career.

When I saw the word The
  • Broken (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Maybe Fate
  • Midnight Sex Shop
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted #1)
  • The Last Strand
  • Buried Secrets
  • Broken Promises (Broken, #1)
  • Mine 'Til Monday
  • The Road to Price (Price, #1)
  • Fall Into Him (Fall Into Him, #1)
  • All Over You (Unforgettable You, #2)
  • Mannequin (Mannequin, #1)
  • All In
  • The One Nighter
  • Carmen's New York Climax (Carmen's New York, #1)
  • Distorted Lines (Blurred Lines, #2)
  • When You Come To Me
  • Falling Harder (Undeserving of Love #2)

Hope Trilogy (4 books)
  • Hope Entangles (Hope Trilogy, #2)
  • Hope Rises (Hope Trilogy, #3)
  • Bette's Turn (The Hope Trilogy Book 4)

“By all means, buy me a meal before you drag me to bed” 4 likes