The First-Time Cook

The First-Time Cook

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Aone-stop guide that shows readers not only how to cook delicious food, but also how to understand ingredients and techniques so to feel completely confident in the kitchen,First Time Cook takes readers through the basics of shopping and cooking equipment. Sophie Grigson then covers each essential cooking technique and food in turn, moving step-by-step through the basics w...more
Published September 28th 2007 by HarperCollins UK (first published September 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The First-Time Cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First-Time Cook

Nesa Sivagnanam
I grew up being fed by the best cook this side of the universe – my mom. So there I am, happily wandering through the days, nose buried in a book or two or three; with not a care in the world about my next meal. It would be there, ready to eat, on a table in the kitchen.

So by now you’ll be thinking that some of those amazing culinary skills must have rubbed off. After all I live with an awesome cook. Well, you’d be wrong; very, very wrong.

I went from three lovely meals a day to being unceremonio...more
Den
This book did not impress me at all and nothing in it appealed to me to buy for my son who has just left home.
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Feb 01, 2013
Rakgi
Rakgi marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Jo
Jo added it
Nov 18, 2011
Andrew
Andrew added it
Jun 29, 2011
Phil Hopper
Phil Hopper marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2007
Hester Sophia Frances Grigson is an English cookery writer and celebrity chef known as Sophie Grigson. She has followed the same path and career as her mother, Jane Grigson. Her father was the poet and writer Geoffrey Grigson.

She won the Guild of Food Writers Cookery Journalist Award 2001
More about Sophie Grigson...
Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food Spices Sophie Grigson's Herbs Eat Your Greens (Network Books) Fish