Start by marking “Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1)” as Want to Read:
Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1)

Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Everyone believed vampires were extinct. Everyone was wrong. When Ariel Swanson wrote a novel about vampires, she hoped it would exorcise her fear of the creatures that had, not so long ago, terrorized the human population.

Instead, it brought her to their attention.

And to the attention of Jachin Blacka man banished from the Saguinas, a vampire pack, and forced to hunt amon
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #31, 283 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Scions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scions

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Nov 05, 2009 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal romance, vampire romance, and paranormal action/adventure
Recommended to Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) by: Lacy Hill
Thanks so much for writing this book, Ms. Michelle. Finally a Silhouette Nocturne that delivers on the action, the world-building, and the romance to an equal level. If you don't like high octane, action-driven romance, do not read this book. The first 1/4 of the book felt very much like a action/horror/science fiction movie, yet with a very sexy hero, and a heroine who was way out of her depth. I was loving it. It had me thinking of The Terminator, Underworld, and Blade all rolled into one. May ...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
Definitely more of an "Urban Fantasy" than I'd been expecting from Silhouette Nocturne, but I really enjoyed it. Jachin is a freakin awesome hero, and the action scenes were plentiful and intense. It reminded me a lot of Underworld with all the fighting and vampire politics and such.

I admit, I pretty much had the whole "prophesy" thing figured out from the first time they spoke of it -- it was a bit obvious I think, but I still enjoyed seeing how it played out.

I didn't really care for our hero
Inara
Vampires are said to be extinct everybody believes.
But when Ariel Swanson a novelist writes a fictional book about vampires and a prophecy she attracts the attention of Jachin Black a vampire who was banished from his clan because of his belief in a prophecy given to his kind some years ago that there may be a better way for them to live free and in peace among humankind. Jachin is convinced that Ariel is the one to fulfill the prophecy and he is determined to bring her to his clan leader and g
Britta
Mar 27, 2009 Britta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kim, Milli, Erin
More urban fantasy than paranormal romance with a touch of fantasy. Fantastic read and a great start to this series.

Banished from his vampire pack, The Sanguinas, Jachin Black has come to despise humans. After all, it was human who first created vampires as a military weapon. And then ... tried to exterminate them all when they realized that they weren't so easy to control.

At first, the vamps preyed on humans, some killing their food and some not. Vampire attacks were a common thing. Then ...
Cindy
Excellent action series with vampires, werewolves, and panther shifters [oh my:] and those that love them... Futuristic setting, strong characters and page turning plots. Read in order...

Scions
1. Resurrection
2. Insurrection
3. Revelation
4. Perception (ebook @ Harlequin ebook store)
Netanella
Reading this book was like watching a Bruce Willis action adventure - speeding car chases, whizzing bullets, exploding anythings, cheesy romance lines - it was great. If I were 13, I would have loved this book. As it is, since I'm now an old fart, I enjoyed it enough.
Kathy
Shanna Hurd
Ariel is a librarian who gains fame when she writes a book about vampires. This brings her to the attention of a certain vampire because her book talks about a prophecy. Because of this, he believes that she is destined to be the mate of the vampire leader, but once he meets her he feels an undeniable attraction.

I liked this book, but didn't love it. Still, I wouldn't mind giving the next book in the series a try or reading more books by the author.
Claire McFall
Fairly original take on the whole vampire thing and the writing's pretty solid as these things go. Just too much action, though. We jumped from adrenaline-filled scene to adrenaline filled scene. It got to the point where I just wasn't buying it anymore. I wanted storyline, not a Bruce Willis movie. DNF.
Lou
I loved this. The female lead wasn't your standard action here, "yeah, you exist..let's have sex." The hero wasn't your standard "woe is me, I'm a vampire!"

The book is exactly what you'd expect from Harlequin Nocturne, but it was still a great book, I loved every moment and can't wait to read it again. Patrice Michelle is one of the few authors to actually inspire me to write.

Ariel wasn't perfect but she wasn't too stupid to be alive! Jachin was rough around the edge and was perfect that way.
Bitten_by_Books
Scions: Resurrection, the first book in the Scions trilogy, is romantic suspense with a vampire twist. Ms. Michelle’s theory on vampire history really works as the framework for this story. The action keeps it moving and keeps you interested. There are encounters with government agents, werewolves, and rival vampires, all with their own agendas. The internal battles that plague our hero and heroine, as well as the sexual tension between them, add to the suspense...

For the entire review please go
Amber
this was a great random pick. seriously enjoyed. was the plot startling? psht, not so much. but i liked the world building and enjoyed the writing. also liked that the heroine was realistically terrified XD. recommend.
Gardavson
Nice book, decent read. Definite fluff romance. Simple, straight forward plot with minimal intrigue. The author pretty much holds your hand all the way thru. It's nice if you're looking for a little brainless entertaining read with plenty of romance. The characters are likeable but you don't invest too much into them.

Like I said, pretty straight forward. Not a lot of wit, sarcasm, or wow moments. More something an intelligent novice author could write. It was a fun read and took next to no time
S.R. McKade
I absolutely loved this book all over again!!! Awesome! No wonder it's one of my favorites. Cool plot-line
Anya
It was a nice read, could have been better especially with the characterization and world building. Some of the shit that went down wasn't explain as much as I them want to i.e Ariel knowing about the vampires to write them down, her birthmark considering her family was human...a lot of stuff
But overall, I enjoyed reading Resurrection - not sure tho if I'll continue with the rest of the series.
Brenda (b)
Patrice Michelle creates a new version of the world with vampires and werewolves. Interesting. I still have lots of questions though. It'll be interesting to if they're answered and to see how the rest of the prophecy the story is based on plays out in the future books.
Christy Stewart
The biggest problem with the book is the leading lady, Ariel. Her character was totally inconsistant and it wasn't long before I wanted her to die.

As for the story, it seems like Michelle made a list of ideas she liked and wrote this story as a way of checking them off.
Stacie
May 18, 2008 Stacie added it
This story is about Ariel who wrote a novel about vampires. It brings her to attention of the vampires. Ariel has unknownly used an old prophecy for the basis of her book. Jachin goes after Ariel to find out what she knows.
Erin
I liked this book; I hope some questions are answered in book 2. Patrice Michelle’s version of the vampire world is interesting…but I want to know more! Almost seemed rushed.
Ashley Ladd
I just started this book. The plot is gripping, and the hero is a very sexy tortured soul - I love him. I look forward to finishing this story.
Erotic Horizon
Scions: Resurrection (Silhouette Nocturne) by Patrice Michelle (2008)
Anne♡loves♡romance
Minimal intrigue, not much suspense, entertaining.
Amanda Curry
Amanda Curry marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kat Suchocki
Kat Suchocki marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Jordan Jas
Jordan Jas marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Magda
Magda marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Dark Seduction (Daughters of Myth #2)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • The Vampire's Quest (Valorian Chronicles #4)
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • Guardian's Keep (Unbound #2)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • Wild Wolf (The Pack #9)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • Rising Darkness (Dark Enchantments #2)
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Last of the Ravens
Born and raised in the Southeast, award-winning author Patrice Michelle gave up her financial calculator for a keyboard and never looked back. Thanks to an open-minded family who taught her that life isn't as black and white as we're conditioned to believe, she pens her novels with the belief that various shades of gray are a lot more interesting. She's a natural with a point-and-shoot camera, lik ...more
More about Patrice Michelle...
Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1) A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires, #1) Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3) Ty's Temptation (Bad in Boots, #2) A Taste For Revenge (Kendrian Vampires, #2)