Start by marking “Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft” as Want to Read:
Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft

Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft

A boy who loves Minecraft so much that he has made himself a master of the game, an athlete trying to escape his troubled family, and a beautiful girl who utilizes her intelligence and resourcefulness to overcome her lack of knowledge of the game join forces when they must battle not only to survive but also to find their way back home. Thrown into a different dimension, a ...more
Published May 17th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 16th 2013)

Ms. Yingling
Jul 02, 2013 Ms. Yingling rated it it was ok
Paul and Ryan are all set to play Minecraft when they have to visit with Tiffany, whose mother is visiting with Paul's stepmother. She isn't interested in their game, but when the game starts, all three teens are sucked into the world of Minecraft. They are unsure how they will get out, but know that they have to keep themselves safe, and go about their days as if they were playing the game. They are robbed, find and blow up the robbers, and go into the jungle. There, they see a village and prot ...more
Oct 30, 2013 Noah rated it liked it
Shelves: minecraft
As expected, the main characters unexpectedly find themselves inside the game. This book goes through the entire game from hidey-hole to the Nether to the End. At times the story feels a little contrived to fit the game into the story. However, it seems to be a safe and predictable read.

This book should be fine for Minecraft fans in grades as low as grade 4?
Much better than the last minecraft book I read to my son! The characters are fairly well developed and the plot is original. The writing is a little flat, and there are a few typos and punctuation errors, but compared to what I read last this is an A+ book. Easy to understand even if you don't play minecraft. I read it to my 6 year old, I would think it's good for any elementary school aged kid.
Apr 22, 2016 Jade rated it it was ok
I wanted to make this review simply the word "no" but seeing as I liveblogged my reading of this and had quite a few words in the ongoing critique I should at least sum it up.

I'm only rating this 2 stars because it's readable, and even then: "Have your weapons reader." Is one of the less noticeable typos. Including a few instances of "the" instead of "they." Also, "the three teens came awake" and "it kept falling into it disappeared from view."
One of the writers brags about being a Writing teach
I think my son would rate this 5 stars but as a non-Minecraft player, I was bored silly. Also, I know the book was self published but there were so many errors that it made for a frustrating read for a third grader. I kept making my son re-read sentences thinking he read it wrong when it fact it was just really poorly edited. Still-anything that makes my kids excited about reading is ok by me.
Aug 30, 2013 Elisabeth rated it it was ok
This book got an extra star because my Minecraft-obsessed 6 year old loved it. I'm sure he'd give it 5 stars. I'd give it at least another star if I found out it was written by a teen, which is what I suspect. It felt very much like the first draft of a fictionalized walk-through of the game. I did learn some tips and tricks about how to play the game though.
Michael R. Cocke

This was a good action pack book with creativity and adventure get this book and read it it is good please do
kiho hong
Mar 01, 2015 kiho hong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grand boom

It is goodjdhdhdhdhd Chandigarh Redbridge hehehe Fred. Rd r d d d d d rd d d rd d d d. D
Vivian F
Vivian F rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
SAM J CHELLAKAN rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Michael Hodsdon
Michael Hodsdon rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Insight rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2014
Tom Li
Tom Li rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
jessbox rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Felicia Williams
Felicia Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
ShinyTech rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Gavin McCabe
Gavin McCabe rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Ron White
Ron White rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Kristin Berta moetzinger
Kristin Berta moetzinger rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Tom Rae
Tom Rae rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2016
Cynthia Daly
Cynthia Daly rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Mooly's Menagerie
Mooly's Menagerie rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2016
jared.trogden rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2014
tSre rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Sonic_sloth_*~* rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Bridgette rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Little Boog
Little Boog rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Steve Snider
Steve Snider rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Selma Ruiz
Selma Ruiz rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015