Start by marking “Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft” as Want to Read:
Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft

Journey to a Different Dimension: An Adventure in the World of Minecraft

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A boy who loves Minecraft so much that he has made himself a master of the game, an athlete trying to escape his troubled family, and a beautiful girl who utilizes her intelligence and resourcefulness to overcome her lack of knowledge of the game join forces when they must battle not only to survive but also to find their way back home. Thrown into a different dimension, a ...more
Published May 17th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Journey to a Different Dimension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to a Different Dimension

Ms. Yingling
Paul and Ryan are all set to play Minecraft when they have to visit with Tiffany, whose mother is visiting with Paul's stepmother. She isn't interested in their game, but when the game starts, all three teens are sucked into the world of Minecraft. They are unsure how they will get out, but know that they have to keep themselves safe, and go about their days as if they were playing the game. They are robbed, find and blow up the robbers, and go into the jungle. There, they see a village and prot ...more
Noah
As expected, the main characters unexpectedly find themselves inside the game. This book goes through the entire game from hidey-hole to the Nether to the End. At times the story feels a little contrived to fit the game into the story. However, it seems to be a safe and predictable read.

This book should be fine for Minecraft fans in grades as low as grade 4?
Joanie
I think my son would rate this 5 stars but as a non-Minecraft player, I was bored silly. Also, I know the book was self published but there were so many errors that it made for a frustrating read for a third grader. I kept making my son re-read sentences thinking he read it wrong when it fact it was just really poorly edited. Still-anything that makes my kids excited about reading is ok by me.
Elisabeth Hurley
This book got an extra star because my Minecraft-obsessed 6 year old loved it. I'm sure he'd give it 5 stars. I'd give it at least another star if I found out it was written by a teen, which is what I suspect. It felt very much like the first draft of a fictionalized walk-through of the game. I did learn some tips and tricks about how to play the game though.
Alfredo
Alfredo marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Ailcia
Ailcia added it
Sep 23, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jacobj
Jacobj marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Vincent Thomas
Vincent Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Mike Roch
Mike Roch marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Ceejaie
Ceejaie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Tambra Hale
Tambra Hale marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Lewis
Lewis added it
Dec 20, 2013
MichaelC4
MichaelC4 marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Anthonyjimenez
Anthonyjimenez marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Bryson
Bryson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Booklover
Booklover marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Alex Johns
Alex Johns marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Rakhshan
Rakhshan marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Stan Schatt has written thirty books on a wide variety of topics including a chapter book for children, a YA novel, biographies of Michael Connelly and Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., and books on technology and career changing. His love for teaching is reflected in outstanding teaching awards he received from the University of Southern California and DeVry Institute of Technology.

Rather than having one caree
More about Stan Schatt...
Egypt Rising Silent Partner Paint Your Career Green: Get A Green Job Without Starting Over Kurt Vonnegut, Jr The Smartest Kid in the World