Start by marking “And Then They Came for Me: The Lasantha Wickrematunge Story” as Want to Read:
And Then They Came for Me: The Lasantha Wickrematunge Story

And Then They Came for Me: The Lasantha Wickrematunge Story

A few weeks before his assassination, Editor of Sri Lanka's The Sunday Leader newspaper Lasantha Wickrematunge penned a chillingly prophetic editorial predicting, "When finally I am killed, it will be the government that kills me." Published three days after his assassination, the editorial titled 'And Then They Came For Me, ' said, "I hope my assassination will be seen ...more
ebook
Published May 21st 2013 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about And Then They Came for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then They Came for Me

Raisa
This is a hard book to review impartially, mostly because it's focused on family.

'And Then They Came For Me' is the story of my uncle- a mischievous boy who grew up to become an award-winning investigative journalist, raising the hackles of more than a few in the seats of power while refusing to bow to external pressures.

Lasantha was shot dead in broad daylight on January 8, 2009. This is the part that most people know- and this new biography fills in the gaps, going all the way back to his ch
Charith
Nov 01, 2013 Charith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of Sri Lankan's and admirer's of Lasantha Wickrematunge were hoping for a biography on him and this book lived up to those expectations.
It gave great insight into some aspects of his private life that would surprise the public.
In Sri Lanka Lasantha Wickrematunge is a household name that was a courageous freedom fighter that fought corrupted government after government all on his own.
Even if people love or hate him this book shows that behind that powerful man there was humorous, funny and
Manju
Nov 17, 2013 Manju rated it it was amazing
This book on Lasantha Wickrematunge, one of Sri Lanka's most respected and honorable names was touching and so beautifully written.His courage and character was rare and Lasantha is one of those few people who can go to his grave knowing he died trying.
His existence and life on this earth was to better his country and fight for the voiceless.Lasantha belonged to Sri Lanka and was taken from us in a time when he was needed the most.
His loss is one that Sri lanka can never ever replace.
Lasantha wa
Nilu
Jan 08, 2015 Nilu rated it really liked it
Part Biography,part political history of Sri Lanka and part assasination documentary, about this slain Journalist who wielded his pen and proved that it's mightier than any sword.
Kudos to Raine Wickrematunge for writing bravely and in a restrained manner, of a person closest to her heart.

Many prominent people have been named, and it's my belief that this is not available for sale in Sri Lanka.

Recommend to all who has some background knowledge about Lasantha , and who will be dumbfounded by some
Udaya
May 21, 2014 Udaya rated it it was amazing
I was so happy that a biography on Lasantha was out
as a proud Sri lankan I am so happy that such a renowned and prestigious man came from our nation.
We have had some fine men represent our country like Lalith Athulathmudali and G.l Peiris but Lasantha Wickrematunge is a name that has gone to all corners of the world and will be respected in all generations to come
May he attain Nibbana for his sacrifice
Ravindu Perera
Dec 07, 2013 Ravindu Perera rated it really liked it
I have memories of the early 90s and 2000s of getting ready to do my O-Levels and seeing
Lasantha Wickrematunge every morning on television as I prepared to go to school.
My family and I have had different views on him.
While my father,sisters and I continue to believe he was a great hero of our time and were lucky to have had him my mother and her family always
said he was Ranil Wickremasingha's sidekick and that he was the UNP media man
but nevertheless we can all agree his great bravery was admir
Wimal Kumar
Dec 05, 2013 Wimal Kumar rated it it was amazing
I finished reading And then they came for me this week which my son bought me and it was a very interesting and good read.
There were many history facts on the Wickrematunge family and the Sunday Leader.
Sri Lankan's would really enjoy the book because it gives the readers a look into what happened in Lasantha W's private life and who he was as a person and not just the very public man that we see.
We always tend to look at politicians and public figures and see them for only their work but this bo
Indika
Indika rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Indika
Indika rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Mahesh Hegade
Mahesh Hegade rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Rajit
Rajit rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Rani
Apr 01, 2015 Rani rated it really liked it
I read this book and give it a 4.5 star
ஜேகே
ஜேகே rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Azaera Amza
Azaera Amza rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2013
ReadingFrenzyluff
ReadingFrenzyluff rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Keishia
Keishia rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Fathima Cader
Fathima Cader marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Shelani
Shelani marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Anubhav
Anubhav marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Avinda
Avinda marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Rosanne Friedlander
Rosanne Friedlander marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Amayi Mandawala
Amayi Mandawala marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Mohamed Hijaz
Mohamed Hijaz marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
a20
a20 marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
April Chan
April Chan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Shukri Ali
Shukri Ali marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Bethany Pierce
Bethany Pierce marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Mithra Fernando
Mithra Fernando marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Hanna-Lee Harjono
Hanna-Lee Harjono marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Ludmila Bopitiya
Ludmila Bopitiya marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Krishanth
Krishanth marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Stefan
Stefan is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2015
Melanie Henry
Melanie Henry marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Helen Wright
Helen Wright marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Hussain Zackz
Hussain Zackz marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Manuri
Manuri marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Abimaran Kugathasan
Abimaran Kugathasan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Rameshkumar Thevarajah
Rameshkumar Thevarajah marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Ifham Nizam
Ifham Nizam marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016