Start by marking “Let Love In (Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Love In (Love, #1)

Let Love In (Love #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  5,797 ratings  ·  515 reviews
Madeleine Becker's parents died when she was ten years old. Ripped from her home and everything that she has ever loved, she is forced to start all over again. The only way for her to move on is to build walls around her heart and keep everyone at a safe distance. Her logic: she can't get hurt if she doesn't fall in love.
That theory is blown to pieces when she meets Reid
Published May 8th 2013 by Melissa Collins

To ask other readers questions about Let Love In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Love In

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
147th out of 3,148 books — 7,100 voters
Sharing Harper by V. MurphyLosing Hope by Colleen HooverBranded by Abi KetnerForever Too Far by Abbi GlinesThis Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of July 2013
75th out of 251 books — 671 voters

More lists with this book...

DNF at 25% and here's why:

"The real show-stopper, though, is my eyes. They’re a bright, vibrant green. They look almost fake, but as I lean into the mirror to get a closer look, I catch small little flecks of gold around the outside that I know no contact lens could replicate. I have always loved my eyes.”

Then this...

“As our eyes lock, wow — just wow. Endless seas of the deepest blue I have ever seen meet my green eyes, and I am transfixed.”

Wait, there's more...

“His hand returns to my cheek, and
Kim Person
Let Love In is one of those books that is filled with so much emotion I seriously had to take some time afterwards to process what I read but at the same time I'm .......

Madeline lost her parents when she was 10 years old to a horrible car accident. She has no "family" left and she has carefully constructed walls up around her heart to protect herself from getting hurt because her skewed thinking is if you don't let anyone in you can't get hurt. Well Maddy does have family she has her best frien
*ARC Give to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “you make me happy” Kisses

You know those books that you think are going to be nice, cute, sweet, easy reads…that’s what I thought Let Love In was going to be. A nice, cute, sweet, easy read. Something that would give me that perfect little balance of angst, romance and sexy appeal. A heroine I could love, a hero I could drool over and a happy little HEA at the end. I had to take a step back and give myself time to let this book sink in before I wrote a r
Elizabeth (Liz)
3.5 Stars

Melissa Collins bursts onto the New Adult scene with the sexy and emotional Let Love In! Those who love the drama of this genre are sure to be happy with this debut effort.
A particular quote from Maddy Becker’s first boyfriend, Jay, really sums up her character and what she struggles with:

“You deserve love. You are not broken and empty like you think you are.” He places his finger over my lips as I try to interrupt him and wipes the tears from my eyes intent on finishing his ‘Maddy is
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif

FREE today on Amazon US (11/1/2014)

What would happen if you lost everything? If the people who were supposed to love you unconditionally were no longer there for you, how would your world change?

Madeleine Becker lost everything when her parents died when she was ten years old. Ripped from her home and everything that she has ever loved, she is forced to start all over again. The only way for her to move on is to build walls around her heart and keep everyone at a safe distance. Her logic
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

4/5 Sizzling Stars

4/5 Sizzling Hearts for Heat!!

I first have to say that I am so glad I decided to read this after book the next 2 books are already in my hands. I had no idea it had a cliffhanger. I just have to jump into book 2 now!!
So we have the textbook playboy (Reid) and the innocent broken girl (Maddy)
But Reid had his dark and painful past too. Don't most of the playboys have something that keeps them from t
Sandie Book Boyfriend Reviews
3.5/5 hearts

I am ugh... I don't even know where to begin. I think maybe its me, IDK maybe its not. I... damn how do I even say this. I didn't not like the book but I didn't love it either.
Okay lets see I am going to give you the good then the reasons it could have been better.

We have Maddy or Madeline who parents die when she is young she goes to live with her only relative far away from everything she knows. There she meets her BFF Mel. They form a special bond but Maddy has put up walls to not

Really I cant believe i only paid 99c for this book ONLY 99c!!, i would have paid more for this because the story is JUST THAT GOOD. For me, this author touched every base. It had real issues that teens face today, I had feelings of loss, lust, love and the best for me was the sense of humor, Maddy and Reid were fuckin' hilarious.

Reid was a character you cant help but love to hate and then love some more, if you love books that have caveman tendencies then this
I am going to just come out and say this...THANK GOODNESS I HAVE THE NEXT BOOK because that ending...WTF?!? I was a sobbing, blubbering mess. Fantastic book...full review to come 9/26 with the blog spotlight!

“Life has a funny way of going on. You don’t have a choice, really. You wake up, force yourself into some clothes, drag your ass to school, smile and nod as if on cue, do enough work to keep your head above water so as not to raise concern – in short, you deal.”

Madeline Bec
Anthony C
Purchased it for my wife, I decided to read a bit to see what it was about. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, I thought for sure it was just for chicks, but I really enjoyed it.

Very well written. I didn't feel like I was reading a book, but instead having a conversation with a friend. It was written like real people talk, which I like.

***mild spoiler alert***
I couldn't wait to see who was calling. It was like a mystery, wrapped in a love story, inside a fun college times book.

Said aloud num
Love N. Books
Holy wowza. I was all over the road map with this one… crying, yelling, squirming, laughing. Debut novel by Melissa and I am VERY impressed.

Let me start with this. Reid is hot. Reid is a mess. Reid is one hot mess. Reid is a jerk. Reid is a romantic. Um… did I mention he has issues? I loved him. OH but wait. Maddy is a mess and has issues too! Match made in heaven.

Okay… but honestly… these two are a insanely hot mess together. And trust me on this one… Melissa knows how to write panty-dropping r
3.75 Stars

If you’re in the mood for a bad boy with a secret past, gone swoon-worthy hard-core romantic, then Let Love In is the book for you!

Madeline ‘Maddy’ Becker has had a tough childhood, losing her parents at 10 years old and sent to live with a Great Aunt who she didn’t even know. She befriends Melanie Crane in the 7th grade and becomes “whole again” as she becomes part of their family. The book starts out strong, with Maddy breaking up with her high school boyfriend, and heading off to he
Unfortunately, I didn't really like this book. It wasn't really bad, it just didn't do much for me personally. The writing wasn't anything special and the plot felt like one I've read many times. I'm usually not a fan of insta-love but sometimes it works. In this case, it didn't. Maddy and Reid's relationship felt rushed and artificial. And I don't know about anyone else but I'm really getting sick of authors throwing in (view spoiler) ...more
Give Me Books
I read Let Love Live before I read this book (it's the fifth book in the exceptional series) and as soon as I finished it, I knew I needed to read more from Melissa Collins. And I wanted to know more about Maddy and Reid. So, I went back to the start, and I am SO very happy I did.

Madeleine Becker lost everything when her parents passed away. To save herself the hurt of losing someone else, she build walls around her heart, determined to never fall in love.

Reid Connely knows what it's like to l
Donna ~
Let Love In is the debut novel by self published author Melissa Collins. It is the first book in a series. I was looking for a light happy read but got that and so much more.

Madeline Becker a/k/a Maddy is a young girl who has experienced more than her share of heartache before turning 18. At the age of 10 she loses her parents in a car accident and is forced to leave all that is familiar to go and live with her elderly Aunt whom she had never met. A few years later tragedy strikes again and hav
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
It's true... I am completely and hopelessly in love with Reid and Maddy's story. So it's going to come as absolutely no surprise when I tell you I need more. Not want, but need. A beautifully messed up pair they make but together they make everything beautiful!
Maddy experienced the loss of a lifetime when she was 10, when she lost her parents, she lost everything. She built a wall around her heart and her life that only one person has ever been able to break through, her best friend, Mel. The tw
Derna ~ BiblioBelles
*I received ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Let love in tells the story of Madeline (Maddy) Becker who at the age of 10 sadly loses both her parents in a car accident. Her Aunt Maggie who she never truly knew before then adopts her. The next few years Maddy goes into survival mode just living each day walls go up Maddy never really lets anyone get too close. However things start to change when she meets Melanie Crane the two become best friends and with the help of Melanie’s mum (Momma C) M
May 07, 2014 Angela marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle
Free on amazon 5-7-14
What the fuck?

What the hell did I just read here? Okay, so this story (if you can call it that, I feel like this was more like badly written fan fiction here) is about Maddy and Reid, two relative strangers who meet at a college party near the beginning of the school year. Heavy flirtation occurs, then out of nowhere, he stalks off and proceeds to make out with some other girl at said party. Maddy is unreasonably upset and jealous, never mind that she'd only met him just an hour or two prior to
Lydia of HEA Bookshelf
4.5 - 5 Stars
"Choose happy. Appreciate beauty. Let love in."

I went through a lot of emotions while reading this book!! I laughed, swooned, squirmed, got pissed... you name it, I felt it. Oh! And yes, I even had those moments where I had to literally fan myself... holy HOTNESS! *whistles*

During "Let Love In" we meet Maddy and Reid. Maddy is just starting off college with her best friend Mel when she comes across my new book boyfriend, Reid. Talk about an instant connection!!! They were both
Rude Girl Book Blog

Let Love in is the first book in The Love Series. Melissa Collins weaves us through this emotional romantic read. She perfectly penned this book in both Maddy & Reid’s POV and we all know I LOVE getting the guys POV!

Madeleine (Maddy) Becker lost not only both her parents but also the Aunt she lived with after their passing, all before the age of 18. Maddy keeps people at arms-length because it is
Lisa Locricchio
I was a beta reader of Let Love In, and I have to admit that I was excited to read the book, but since I’m not a big fan of the romance/adult genre, I didn’t expect to like it a whole lot … and I really didn’t expect to love it – as in, can’t put it down, must finish in an entire session even if that means staying up through the night despite having to get up in front of people and conduct training sessions all day in a foreign country – kind of love it!

This book is captivating from the first s
Silla Webb
I received this book as an ARC from the author, and polished it off in mere hours.
I am always highly impressed with self published authors. Their desire for their craft of writing speaks volumes when they take they step to publish on their own. It proves to me, as a reader, the au thors confidence in the story they are sharing.

This book is Melissa's first novel, self published and self edited...yep, this lady has a passion for writing and for her career (teacher) in general. Every aspect of thi
I hate books that leave you in the middle of the story!!
I mean, I knew it was the first of a series, but I hate it when they finish in the middle of the drama.
I felt that Reid was all over the place. He was this alpha male playboy kinda guy at first. A complete asshole later. A Complete jerk then. And then... He became this loving, caring, romantic guy. The perfect dream come true boyfriend.
And then... He was this moody full of pain guy with the horrible past. He never trusted no one, and has b
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
OMG!! I just cant with how bad this book was!!!
The dialogue is so incredibly cheesy! The story line is SO lacking. The main female is annoying as heck and it's just so so so bad. Honestly, I feel the author opened up the thesaurus ap and went to town. UGH! YUCK! I am gonna have to read something really good to wash away this horrible memory!
On the positive, yay, it's over!

Generic 'I love you, but I shouldn't because of X,' instant love in the third chapter, all of this bad stuff happens, but it's cool in the end. Wait, you want a second book? Okay, I'll just break them up before I finish the book so you're obligated to read the next one.

No, I'm not, and no, I won't.
Amy H
I'm still crying. omg that ending!!!
Annie Brewer
I really enjoyed Maddy and Reid's story. It was an emotional one. I felt both their pain and heartache. Reid's story hit me harder and I could sorta relate to it in a way. I didn't care for the end, but hopefully I'll find time to read the next book.
Okay. I went back and forth on this one. Some parts I loved -- dual POV from Reid and Maddy, and Reid. But I have to admit that I never really warmed up to Maddy entirely. I couldn’t quite connect with her, as hard as I tried, and honestly she frustrated me. Reid was very sexy, and he and Maddy had great chemistry together! There was genuine emotion, as well. That worked for me. That really worked for me! Reid had his moments, too, where I sort of lost touch with him and couldn’t quite get into ...more
  • Misjudged (Misjudged, #1)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • This Love of Mine (Raine, #1)
  • Inevitable (Harmony, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Forgotten Yesterday (These Days #2)
  • Irreparably Broken (Irreparable, #1)
  • Bet in the Dark (In the Dark, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Unbreakable, #1)
  • Trying Not to Love You (Love, #1)
  • Choices (Choices, #1)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Emerge (Evolve, #1)
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue, #1)
Melissa Collins has always been a book worm. Studying Literature in college ensured that her nose was always stuck in a book. She followed her passion for reading to the most logical career choice: English teacher. Her hope was to share her passion for reading and the escapism of books to her students. Having spent more than a decade in front of a classroom, she can easily say that it’s been a dre ...more
More about Melissa Collins...

Love (5 books)
  • Let Love Stay (Love, #2)
  • Let Love Heal (Love, #3)
  • Let Love Be (Love, #4)
  • Let Love Live (Love, #5)
Let Love Stay (Love, #2) Let Love Shine (Love, #3.5) Let Love Heal (Love, #3) On Solid Ground Let Love Live (Love, #5)

“Nothing’s wrong. I was just thinking that you’re my lobster.” 3 likes