Start by marking “Matched Trilogy Box Set” as Want to Read:
Matched Trilogy Box Set

Matched Trilogy Box Set

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  2,743 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
The complete collection of critically acclaimed, award-winning novels from "New York Times"-bestselling author Ally Condie's Matched Trilogy, including "Matched," "Crossed," and the breathtaking conclusion, "Reached."
Published November 13th 2012 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Matched Trilogy Box Set, please sign up.

Nicole Edwards These books are very clean in regards to sexual content and language. There is violence and death and some darker themes like genocide and…moreThese books are very clean in regards to sexual content and language. There is violence and death and some darker themes like genocide and bio-warfare. The books are also very emotional. So I guess my answer would be, if you're okay with your daughter reading about fictional death and emotions then, sure. For a list of clean books for readers of all ages go here: http://awesomebooknuts.blogspot.com/2...(less)

Fran Prather
Jan 08, 2014 Fran Prather rated it really liked it
Just finished reading the first book, Matched, but the search on Goodreads will only allow me to add the whole set. Well, that's fine, because I am going to read all three-I really liked this book. Other reviewers are correct, it is a love story version of The Giver, but it is so much more than that. Yes, fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent (me!) will like it. The characters are compelling - I cared about all of them, even the minor characters like the younger brother. Maybe it's the weaving ...more
Bekah Shambrook
Dec 28, 2013 Bekah Shambrook rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All teens and adults
Condie writes in a way that draws the reader in, her characters are relatable and the Society she has created is something that can be understood but not liked. Cassia, Ky and Xander are wonderful characters with a depth that develops throughout the trilogy.
The Matched Trilogy is full of twists that keep you on your toes, you have to keep thinking and wondering what might happen next.
She builds tension well and you can feel the strain Cassia feels at times. You can also feel the love she has for
Mysee
Dec 10, 2013 Mysee rated it it was amazing
Anyone hoping for a dystopian novel where the main character is forced to kill and go through post traumatic disorder and undeserving of love.... should NOT expect it from this trilogy.

I've noticed that a lot of dystopian novels have almost the same outline but Ally herself rebels against this trend and reminds us that there can be hope and happy endings, or at least a satisfying one.

The perspective of Ky is beautiful and poetic while Xander's perspective reins logically and contrary of Ky's; a
Emily
Sep 03, 2016 Emily rated it it was ok
This series had amazing potential!!!! Unfortunately, for me they did not deliver.

The story is a good one! The characters were a bit on the flat side, though they got better near the end of the story.

My main complaint was the flow of the books. It felt very choppy/bumpy. There were also quite a few plot twists that could have been added, but were left as loose ends. And the ending was just a bit anti-climactic.

I wish that Ally Condie had done a couple more edits before publishing to work out the
Sheena
Dec 12, 2013 Sheena rated it it was amazing
I read all three in a few days. A really light easy read. Entertaining and always interesting. The third book was slightly predictable.
Suzanna
Dec 27, 2013 Suzanna rated it it was amazing
Just fabulous! Best books I've ever read!
Nathan
Mar 14, 2014 Nathan rated it it was amazing
AMAZING EVEN RIVALS THE CANE CHRONICALS
Daysia
Oct 18, 2016 Daysia rated it it was amazing
Matched Trilogy-Ally Condie
“Can there be freedom without choice?”
Do you hate when books are predictable, and you know what is going to happen by reading the first sentence. Do you ever wonder what more than one of the characters is thinking. In this series the writing technique is unique because it tells the story from 2-3 different perspectives. The basic plot line is that Cassia, (one of the main characters) was born into a society where
Most of their major decisions are made by their governme
Gabrielle M.
Nov 07, 2016 Gabrielle M. rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gabrielle by: a peer
Lauren
Dec 13, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it
OVERALL: 3.5 stars

Matched (Matched #1) - 5 stars

Cassia could never have dreamt that she would be matched with her best friend Xander, it seemed like everything was more than she could have hoped for. When not only Xander's face shows on her matching chip but also Ky's her work is suddenly turned upside down. Now under the ever watchful eye of the officials cassias love for Ky blossoms into something real and dangerous.

The setting and way of life of the people in the book is am extremely subtle d
Penny
Oct 04, 2014 Penny rated it it was ok
More like 2-1/2 stars.

I first saw the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie (Matched, Crossed and Reached) while wandering around Barnes and Noble. My first thought was that these books will be made into movies one day. It seemingly meets all the current criteria:
1. It’s a trilogy
2. Of YA books
3. Set in a dystopian-ish (repressed, controlled) society
4. That includes a romantic triangle
5. And a rising rebellion.

So, the question arises: Is there more to these books? The answer: Uh, kind of. It makes an e
Tina Terry
Jul 31, 2014 Tina Terry rated it it was amazing
Matched is set in an alternate society where everything is controlled. The society controls what you eat, how much you exercise, what you do in your leisure time, who you get married too, what your job is, when you die, but in a way which makes it seem that you have a choice. When you turn seventeen you get 'matched' with a partner your age. The main character Cassie gets matched with Xander, her best friend since she was little, and everything's great, but when she looks at the microchip given ...more
LOL_BOOKS
HAS ANYONE READ ANY DECENT RECENT-ISH YA?

I READ THE FIRST COUPLE OF BOOKS IN THE MATCHED TRILOGY AND I LIKED THEM. I KIND OF FORGOT ABOUT IT UNTIL I WAS GOING THROUGH MY GOODREADS, BUT MAYBE I'LL READ THE THIRD ONE NOW.

IDT I EVER READ A LOLZY GARBAGE ONE. BUT I DROP MOAST OF THEM BY CHAPTER 3 WHEN THE WORLDBUILDING IS SO NONSENSICAL THAT I MAKE :6 FACE IRL.

I TRIED THAT 'MATCHED' ONE AND GAVE UP BEFORE THE END OF THE PREVIEW.

OH GOD, MATCHED D: I TRIED THAT RED RISING OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED A WH
Sierra
May 28, 2014 Sierra rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this book I got so intrigued I couldn;t put it down. Ally Condie is an amazing author with a unique style that pulls a reader in. I liked the fact that in the second and third book it changes the point of view from one character to another and isn't confusing at the same time. I fell in love with all the characters and only some authors can accomplish that. I am upset that I was so intrigued that I finished the whole trilogy in less than 2 weeks but that is my only ...more
Jasmine
Jan 29, 2014 Jasmine rated it liked it
The series has quite an interesting concept overall but I found the novels quite tiring to read after a while as it seemed like the same old problems were being brought up and rehashed. Ally Condie could definitely have a gone a little further with creating a more realistic and different world, and expanding on what the war and who the unknown Enemy was. I think this book might be aimed at teenagers (aged 12-15).
nicole nowak
Oct 10, 2014 nicole nowak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
these books weren't as amazing as i thought they were going to be they were BETTER! though i will admit that i continue to confuse them with the Bumped series which i felt was quite a let down. they have similar cover art and a relatively similar release date which was kind of strange.

this book series was very creative i loved the strong female lead along with the perspective switching. it helps readers see through all the characters eyes and increase our overall understanding and enjoyment
Ayushman Srivastava
Mar 17, 2016 Ayushman Srivastava rated it it was amazing
The book is magical.

There's no fantasy in it, but I'll still call it magical. True, the plot wasn't intricate or what you would call deep, but that wasn't the purpose at all. Each and every incident in the book makes you want more. Every incident had a deep meaning.

Some people may and do find it meaningless, but it's worth the risk.
Stephanie Steinberg
Jan 20, 2015 Stephanie Steinberg rated it liked it
This is a YA dystopian trilogy about a society that assigns marriage matches, jobs etc. They also control reading material, art and music. There is also a plague that is man made. Pretty much your typical dystopian plot. The writing is excellent, almost poetic. Entertaining but nothing new or original.
Marsha
Sep 19, 2013 Marsha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sydney Landon Plum
Matched - I was struck by the way the author speaks as if writing the feeling and actions like poetry.

Crossed - the characters are developed and I like how the narrative is split between Cassia and Ki. I feel like the first book was more from Cassia' perspective. I can't really predict where the 4 escapees are going to go and what they will do at the point of the book that I'm currently at.
Tweedledum
Most definetly something different than other dystopian books I have read. The idea of a fragile utopia in which everything controled (even literature and art.) which is crumbling step by step is a genius. Thanks Allie for giving such extraordinary work.
Amanda
Dec 08, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Summer-linn Spence
Nov 26, 2014 Summer-linn Spence rated it it was amazing
I truly did enjoy this series. in my opinion, this series was original and clever. it's interesting to observe Cassia' s growth as she matures and acts in the challenging situations as she faces them. highly recommended!
Elizabeth Swaggerty
These books aren't outstanding, but they are good and I read them quickly because I wanted to find out what was going to happen. Those who liked Hunger Games and Divergent will find this series similar. Would be a great book for literature circles for middle/high school kids.
Mary
Jan 27, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-own
I loved these books be cause there has been so many books about society but this one stood out. It really made you think about what if life was like that. Plus it has everything mixed in it. If you liked the hunger games you will love this
Ramnik
Nov 18, 2014 Ramnik rated it it was amazing
I loved these books, the chemistry between Cassie and Ky was so powerful, they did not identify their love in the usually way, but in poems and words. Ky taught Cassie how to write, he looked upon world in such a beautiful manner. I love these series they were amazing!!!
Meadow
Jul 04, 2013 Meadow rated it it was amazing
One of the best stories I've ever read. I love Ally Condie's poetic writing style and I could not put down the books once I started reading them. The characters and storyline were beautiful and amazing!

~ 5 stars :D
Mia Jensen
Jan 22, 2016 Mia Jensen rated it did not like it
Genius idea, bad execution. I thought it would be interesting but it took me a lot longer than normal to read because I just didn't find it interesting. It dragged along the whole time and had so many plot points that were boring. I don't know, it just wasn't for me.
Amanda Nicole
Jul 27, 2015 Amanda Nicole rated it did not like it
I couldn't even get through the first book. It is poorly written. The main character, Cassia, is incredibly cowardly. A woman main character needs to be strong and brave. I did not like this book at all. Don't waste your money
Nela Severino
Jan 09, 2014 Nela Severino rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing... loved the whole story, the characters, their relationships... loved the views... I decided when I read it that when I write I will always include places I would love to be in... The whole adventure was fantastic...
Sara Santana
To see a full review of this entire series (spoiler free, yay!), you guys are invited to visit my blog and read this review!

• Legend Trilogy Boxed Set (Legend, #1-3)
  • Tomorrow Girls Book Set (Tomorrow Girls, #1-3)
  • Tales Of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe/Prince Caspian/The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Fallen Series Boxed Set (Fallen, #1-4)
  • The Leviathan Trilogy
  • Kristin Cashore eSampler
  • The Complete Hush, Hush Saga: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale
  • Wicked: A Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #5-8)
  • Maximum Ride Boxed Set #1
  • The Unwind Collection (Unwind, #1-3)
  • The Selection Series Box Set: The Selection / The Elite / The One (The Selection, #1-3)
  • Hunted / Tempted / Burned / Awakened (House of Night, #5-8)
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • The Goddess Test Boxed Set: The Goddess Test, Goddess Interrupted, The Goddess Inheritance,The Goddess Legacy
  • Dreamquest
  • Priestess of the Nile (The Gods of Egypt, #1)
  • The Firebird and Other Stories (Beings in Love, #5)
  • The Breathing Series (3 Book Series)
Ally Condie is a former high school English teacher who lives with her husband, three sons and one daughter outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. She loves reading, running, eating, and listening to her husband play guitar.
More about Ally Condie...

“For we are all walking each other to our deaths, and the journey there between footsteps makes up our lives.” 1 likes
“Would it be worth it to have the mutation if I knew she loved me? I wonder. If I could trade places with him right now, would I do it?” 0 likes