Start by marking “True (New Species, #11)” as Want to Read:
True (New Species, #11)

True (New Species #11)

4.29  ·  Rating Details ·  8,602 Ratings  ·  499 Reviews
Jeanie loves a New Species and is willing to pay for that love with pain, tears and heartbreak. She’ll do anything to keep 710 alive but she never wants him to know how she suffered for him. He’s the reason for her mission in life—freeing others like him.

True has a new life working with the NSO to rescue his people. A good life, until he encounters a dying woman—the female
Published December 10th 2013 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc. (first published September 17th 2013)

Lisa
Jan 14, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars!

description

True is the eleventh installment in Laurann Dohner’s New Species series. This is a fantastically steamy and fun series that has yet to disappoint. Full of action, hot and sweaty scenes and romantically sweet moments, I am absolutely hooked when it comes to the sexy New Species alphas. When they find their mate, there is no stopping the wild beasts within! ;)

True (a.k.a. #710) is a canine New Species that was not freed initially. He was stolen by former Mercile employees and taken to an
Ashen
Jun 03, 2013 Ashen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Warning - There WILL be spoilers.
So True didn't turn out to be 927, which is disappointing, but I did think that the background stories didn't quite match up.
True was a male who’d been stolen by some of Mercile’s employees before the facility had been breached to free Species. He’d been located later and recovered with a few dozen others.

The only other thing we knew about True's past was what he told Moon when Moon left to go after Joy;

“I cared about a human once. I might have done something re
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 “I…hurt for you.” Stars

*Spoilers*

photo this-is-how-we-do-it-o_zpseigs8ct5.gif

“I’ll give you half a dozen if it makes you happy. I’d love to have children.” True grinned. “Half a dozen?” She laughed. “Okay. Maybe that’s too many but after the sex we just had I’m feeling generous where you’re concerned.”

Oh yeah! True is the 11th book in the New Species Series, and the series is still kicking some major ass. Jeanie is working undercover to help free New Species from labs that have not been busted yet, or so she thinks...... Imagine her
Sammy Loves Books
3.5 Stand by your Woman Stars!!!

I'm suppose to protect her but who will keep her safe from me?

True
smiling

True was once a New Species captive, and in love with one of his captors. Jeanie was so sweet and kind, gentle and apologetic. She was very different from all of the doctors and technicians that took pleasure in experimenting on New Species. When True and his fellow captives were rescued, Jeanie hadn't come to work that day. He never thought he would see her again.

Jeanie
description

Jeanie was excited about he
Just My Bucking Book Blog
I just read that Mrs. Dohner suffered from a stroke yesterday afternoon and is now in hospital. Please, send your best wishes and prayers for a safe recovery her way.

** Review originally posted on Just My Bucking Book Blog **

Title: True
Author: Laurann Dohner
Genre: PNR, Adult
Series: Book #11, New Species
Publication Date: December 10th, 2013

5 BUCKING STARS!

Before reading True I was speculating as to which Species he was, I know everyone thought he was 927 but that was cleared up a bit into the b
Margarita Delgado
Jul 06, 2013 Margarita Delgado rated it liked it
Truth?!? He was so sweet in Moon and I really want to know about the girl who hurt him, maybe this book is about him getting back with her? I really want to know who this mysterious New Species is, or rather, what he is.
blush gif photo: blush tumblr_inline_mh483oXWSy1rx9nw4.gif

I really want to see a primate.

hopeful gif photo: HOPEFUL hopeful.gif

Sadly, I doubt Truth is one. On a similar note .... Jericho needs a book .... NOW!

right now gif photo: jeff and annie Jeff-and-Annie-Gif-s-community-9060.gif

UPDATE!!!!!
So Laurann updated her blog yesterday (9/20/13) saying that she just finished writing True

photo minionshappy.gif

and that the next one to get their book after him will be D
Jilly
Mar 22, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it
Here we go: a True alpha male! He is strong, sexy, protective, and still sweet.

That's right, Tiny. You go on now with your sexy thang!

In this book we have True, a New Species cat-like guy, and Jeannie, a former worker for the pharmaceutical company that held him captive. Jeannie was always kind to the New Species and was in love with True. She started working undercover to take down the facilities that were holding them. So, we start the book with a raid that she is helping with. She saves the N
Tiffany
Jul 19, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-nce
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. SO LIKE. I JUST REALIZED THAT LAURANN DOHNER'S DESCRIPTION OF THE NEW SPECIES ARE JUST LIKE AVATARS, BUT THEIR EARS WOULD BE NORMAL (and skin tone):

------------------------------------------------------------------
description

I wonder what type of NS true is. I also think this book should be done soon because I noticed how a lot of the other books were published at least a couple of months after the one before it was.... I still can
Kitten Mercer
4 enthralling stars!

I have always had a profound love for L. Dohner's New Species series. And one of the many things that's so compelling about this series is that Laurann Dohner never disappoints when it comes to delivering hot as hell jealous and possessive alpha caveman heroes, and True is no exception! He was exactly as his name implies: he was genuine and honest, not to mention possessive and will do anything to protect his mate from danger. I love the connection between him and Jeanie (bot
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

I really loved this book! It was just what I needed! I hated that I had caught up and now need to wait in between New Species books, but this was worth the wait.

I really loved Jeanie. She was pretty bad ass. She had so much inner strength and she was so brave. She fought for the NS like almost none other. She is such an amazing champion for them. She is fearless. The story surrounding her and the mysterious Terry Brice was different
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
Jul 15, 2013 Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!*** rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-goal
LOVE this series so damn much!!
can't wait for darkness' book..and about 10 others!!
hurry hurry hurry!!!!
P
Sep 12, 2015 P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
ทรูเปนเรืองทีพลอตคลายๆกับเลมของฟิวรีมากๆ คือนางเอกทำงานอยูในองคกรชัวรายแตทีจริงแลวเปนคนดีทีพยายามจะชวยเหลือนิวสปีชีสทีถูกขังเอาไว พอนางเอกหลุดออกมาและไดเจอกับพระเอก อันมีเรืองใหทังคูตองเขาใจผิดกัน แตจริงๆแลวกไมปฏิเสธความรูสึกกันไมไดทังสองคนแหละ ...

เราวาเลมนีเนือเรืองเริมมีความซับซอนขึน ถึงแมวาจะยังคงรูปแบบกเดิมเถอะที...พระนางเจอกัน พระนางรักกัน นางเอกถูกลักพาตัว พระเอกตามไปชวย แตอยางนอยกยังมีกลินอายสืบสวนเลกๆทีทำใหเนือเรืองมันดูนาสนใจขึนมาหนอยนึงได โดยรวมเราวาความรักของพระนางคูนีดูไมคอยโดดเดนเห
Pam Nelson
4 True Stars - ❤ Audible Review HERE

As much as I liked this book I did feel it dragged just a little bit.

I liked the fact that it was the NSO against the humans in a way and that they wanted to police themselves.
There was a lot of action in this book; I really dug that like a lot! I again like that Jeanie worked with New Species even if they thought she was the bad guy.

I think True and Jeanie were perfect for each other his protection of her was so sweet. I wasn't a big fan of Tim O'Bearto
 B.E.Love
Jun 03, 2013 B.E.Love rated it it was amazing
**re-read**, love this one
I counted the days waiting impatiently and anxiously for this book. I found myself not reading anything long just before this book was released because noting else was what I wanted. I stayed up waiting for my pre-order to be delivered. I started this book the second I could(after I squealed when I saw it had delivered) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!.

I was so mad when I finished this book knowing I would have to wait. I love the New Species series I have read it mul
Jacqueline
I enjoyed this book but I didn't love it. Mostly I felt there was nothing really different here. We've already had a story where someone who worked in the labs fell in love with a NS and met them afterwards and he didn't like her at first. And here he didn't hate her very much nor had he loved her very much while in captivity. It seemed a book of so so feelings. I didn't really get much tension or passion between the two of them. They declared their love at the drop of a hat it seemed like.

The p
starsaga
Not an enjoyable read, just the opposite.
I did not care much for this book. It was painfully drawn out from unceasing kidnapping plots to multiple villains to unceasing evil-doers. They just never stopped coming. Cut off the head and another one grew. The drugs, the forced-mating, the intricate technical details of it all and the discussion of it. The tunnels (all of a sudden Homeland is not safe, it never was!!), the catacombs, the prison, the warden, the task force humans who keep accusing any
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
**Mild Spoilers**

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is by far my least fave book out of this series. Granted these books aren't what I would call truly deep stories/or plots, or even characters. But they always seemed to have just enough of what I liked or gone deep enough, in order for me to over look everything else that may be wrong. Sadly, that's not the case here.

The main character True, I love. I love everything about his character. Those of you who have followed this series knows t
Rachel
May 28, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-species
Finally finished True. Then re-read it because I just couldn't help myself. I think of all the New Species True has to be my new favourite....for now. This book did cement my hate for Tim. I can understand he wants to be cautious, but holy crap calm down. He has serious issues he needs to address. He flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. I almost hope he gets a book of his own so we can find out why. But back to True....I read it in 2 days, I couldn't put it down and I will read it over and ...more
PJ
3.5 Stars

My first audio book. I found it really hard to not get distracted while listening to this. It probably takes practice to be able to focus on the story and do at least one other thing, which I find necessary otherwise I'll fall asleep. Anyway, I really enjoyed Ms. Dohner's New Species series. It's been a long while since I've read Moon, #10. Unfortunately, I must admit the plot felt a bit "samey" to me--human girl crush on resentful but hot Species--and I've read much better by her.
Sophia Triad
Oct 29, 2015 Sophia Triad rated it really liked it
TRUE & JEANIE

Although the storyline of the book is fantastic and I believe one of the most imaginative of the NS books, it is a very difficult reread for me. This is a result of two reasons:
1.NSs and Task force members are behaving like assholes, torturing and abusing sweet innocent Jeanie and this is hard to witness.
2. When the devastating truth comes out about how Jeanie was played, my heart was broken and it was not easy to continue reading. And now I already know the truth.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Hey, I am so liking this series……the men are hot and gorgeous….what more can a girl want????
 photo images17_zps20af2816.jpg

.I’ve been devouring these books….like
 photo download1_zps9d5195ef.jpg

This is a good addition to the series and what I liked the most about it was True…I was a bit surprised him getting his book before some of the other characters – after all we only had a bit of info on him in the last two books…but hey…he’s a great guy. Naturally, he’s HOT, sexy, sweet and TOTALLY TOTALLY endearing…
 photo 7816204bd1ac9013a0afbe59f74820f4_zps3ae2d4fb.jpg
SO BEYOND AWESOME!!!!!!

I was a bit irritated w
Ladymcbeth
Jun 02, 2013 Ladymcbeth rated it it was amazing
OMG ... It's sooooo sad ... I finished it too soon.
I couldn't put it down, the story is so emotional. I cried a lot when reading the first 5 chapters, and I smiled a lot.
Sex is hot and Jeanie and True ... are so amazing when together !

I won't tell more but there is a great suspense, and we learn more about Darkness...

And now I have a lot of withdrawal symptoms and it hurts. I want the next book in the serie ... no ... the next BOOKS in the serie ... all the books !

my first reading was full of
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
3.5+ Stars

I liked this one a lot, but not as much as Fury or Slade. True was an okay character, but I felt like Darkness stole the show. Hopefully we will be seeing his book next.

The plot was pretty good; however, the ease with which the bad guys kept infiltrating Homeland kind of irked me. I mean, come on, you are supposed to be alpha bad asses with a locked down government facility and the tracking instincts of predatory animals. It shouldn't be so easy!

Other than that, I liked this one much
Jen
This is the 11th book from the New Species series, and in my opinion; a series that is still going strong. I love everything about this series, down to the extreme alpha maless, hot sex, and sweet romance. Laurann Dohner has in my opinion, always wrote a sex scene like nobody's business! They are hot and always get me in the mood to find my hubby!!LOL The thing that I love most about these books is how the New Species males have such a child like outlook on how they percieve life and the people ...more
Chappy
Re-read Jan 16-18, 2017

Another hit from LD, I cant get enough of New Species. The premise is quite similar to the first book of the series Fury where a technician working for the bad guys develops feelings for a test patient. She then works from the inside to try to free them but unfortunately gets mistaken for said bad guys. I really liked True he was really sweet but cautious with his heart. I think he was scared of getting hurt. Jeanie was adorable and wanted only the best for True...even if
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Jun 08, 2013 Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) rated it really liked it
Excerpt from True (From the author's fb page)

Excerpt #1

“I tried to save them all. Did they make it? Did they all survive?”

He blinked. “They made it. No Species died.”

Tears blinded her but she blinked them back, desperate to keep looking at him. She’d succeeded in saving all the men and women trapped inside the building. It had come at a high price but she had known the risks when she’d driven to work that morning. So many of them—their lives were more important than hers. She closed her eyes and
Paisley
Aug 08, 2013 Paisley rated it it was amazing
Finally had a chance to read this during my recent vacation!

It seems all I read is M/M romance these days so reading an M/F was a good change up. I have read every book that LD has published, and I love the New Species series very much - I think this is one of my favorites - which is a pleasant surprise because sometimes as series drag on I lose interest. Not the case here! I really enjoyed it very, very much. It goes near the top of my list of New Species favorites.

I learned that LD suffered a
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Great addition to the New Species series. Not my favorite of the series but I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Hoping "Darkness" is next up!!
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

True was amazing and so honest like his name. What Jeanie did for him just broke my heart but showed her love for him in the most unselfish way. I loved how they were so upfront with each other. Its so refreshing to read stories without the drama and misunderstandings that just bring me down. Loyal honest and steadfast heroes are what you'll find in Laurann Dohn
Jessica
Jun 10, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Is True 927? I guess we'll find out.

(Excerpt From: Laurann, Dohner. Moon.)

Seems like 927's situation... Tammy wasn't mentioned in that description but it was a quite small one so its still possible.

The name also makes sense... Tammy was in the cell with him and she told him about the New Species... Which turned out
The Challenge Fac...: Pat & Ezi - New Species Series 61 45 Jan 24, 2014 09:30AM
  • Gauge (Skin Walkers, #8)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)
  • Aramus (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #4)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2)
  • Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1)
  • Calder (Tales of the Shareem, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
3190846
I had a rather short area here telling a little about me but then I had more than a few people ask me to expand it so... here goes. LOL. I'm a full time home 'supervisor' which is a nice word for saying I'm a housewife. I'm married happily, I met my dream guy 20 years ago, and we have 4 children. I live in Southern California and I can't function without iced coffee. I believe in romance, I've alw ...more
More about Laurann Dohner...

New Species (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fury (New Species, #1)
  • Slade (New Species, #2)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Brawn (New Species, #5)
  • Wrath (New Species, #6)
  • Tiger (New Species, #7)
  • Obsidian (New Species, #8)
  • Shadow (New Species, #9)
  • Moon (New Species, #10)

“Why do you have an unconscious female in your arms? I’m trying not to judge but she smells of fear. Did you scare her enough that she fainted and now you’re pulling a caveman stunt to carry her off to your room to kiss it all better” 20 likes
“She rolled over and sat up as he bent, tearing off his boots. "Whatcha doing?"
"Getting naked."