Start by marking “Katie the Kitten Fairy (Pet Fairies #1)” as Want to Read:
Katie the Kitten Fairy (Pet Fairies #1)

Katie the Kitten Fairy (Pet Keeper Fairies #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,420 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Jack Frost has stolen the Pet Fairies' magical pets! Can Rachel and Kirsty help find them? Or will the pets be lost forever?

The Pet Fairies have one of the most important jobs in Fairyland! They work with their special pets to make sure that all animals find safe homes. But now Jack Frost has stolen the magical pets! Could they be lost forever?

Katie the Kitten Fairy's kitt
Published March 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Katie the Kitten Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katie the Kitten Fairy

Sydney
In this book you go on a adventure with Kristy and Rachel.They find a lost kitten and bring it to fairyland.When Katie finds out there is a lost kitten they try to help it.
Greta
Okay, let me just qualify this. . .I read this book to my daughter who loved it. I, the discriminating reader, found the use of "ly" adverbs throughout the entire book to be not the best of writing. Now, if you're 5 years old, it's a fun book (series).
Maya
I think this is a good book for medium readers who like adventures.
I liked the part when Rachel and Kirsty are whisked to Fairyland and when they help save Dusty,the kitten.
Dolly
Oct 05, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who are starting to read chapter books
This is the first book in the Pet Fairies series by the group of author who call themselves Daisy Meadows. Our oldest is just tearing through these books and I am now picking up an entire series at a time, so she can have enough books until we go to the library again. This book was slightly different from the other series, which is refreshing as the formula is getting a bit old. Still, our daughter loves these books, which is all I could ask for.

Jan 2012 update: our youngest is now immersing her
Aerin
This is the first book I read to my three-year-old daughter. She chose it at the bookstore, and I told her we'd read it a little bit each night. I'm still not sure she understands that the story isn't over when we close the chapter, but she is fascinated in helping me recall the previous chapters' events each night before we move on to the next part.

There are enough pictures to keep her interest, and the plot is predictably simple. Still, to be able to read a "chapter book" to my not-yet-in-pres
Shannon McGee
Having read the very first book in the Rainbow Magic Series Ruby the Red Fairy, I think the series has grown into a better read. It is now more of a adventure then a watered down learning experience for young children. Not to say that there is nothing to learn from the books I just feel this has more to treasure. There is much more imagination in this beginning of the pet series.

Still for the younger end of the chapter book levels but pleasant to read.

Abby L.
To me, this book was an easy read. But I think it is a very good book for beginner readers and also for young children. You can't just read this book, you half to read the rest of the series. The rest of the series includes, Book Two- Bella the Bunny Fairy, Book Three- Georgia the Guinea Pig Fairy, Book Four- Lauren the Puppy Fairy, Book Five- Harriet the Hamster Fairy, Book Six- Molly the Goldfish Fairy, and last but not least Book Seven- Penny the Pony Fairy?
Amy
Mar 25, 2010 Amy added it
Shelves: punkin-s-shelf
From my 6yo girl: "It's a good thing and it has goblins and they have long noses, which is my favorite part. And the bad guy is Jack Frost. And the fairies have pets and there's different kinds and the fairies have friends named Kirsty and Rachel."

This is not my favorite series, I think they're pretty corny, but she really likes them and though I'm still reading them to her now, I think she'll probably be reading them herself over the summer.
Kristen Gurri
Noxious but grammatically correct, unlike that attrocious Junie B. Jones yuck. And . . . Kate loves them. Sigh.

Update - it appears that even a 5 year old can recognize that these books are a pile of yuck. Hurray! The child has taste!
Madison Lewis
This was the first chapter book I read on my own.

If you find a kitten on the playground and you don't really want it and if there is someone else on the playground, maybe you should give it to them (if their mom and dad says it's OK).
Vishvasri J.S
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Ali Mac Book-Pro
I read until the end of the Twilight Fairies (though skipped the Party Fairies) many years ago, and am using this to take credit because it was the first one I read, and it seemed pointless to rate all of them.
Elizabeth
My daughter loves the Rainbow Magic stories, especially now that she can read them herself. We read this one together, although I think it wasn't one of the better ones. We love those pesky green goblins!!!
Anna
The fairies had to find their pet and then they had to help another pet. They found the kitten and then they helped this little tiny kitten up in a tree.
Susan
Just taking a trip through "fairyland" to get familiar with the little ladies before our library program.
Avalon
She has a lucky kitten. If the goblins took the kitten there would be no more kittens in the world.
Alexa
I feel bad for all those animals. What if there really were fairy's? What if this really for truly happened?
Emma Mcpherson
I am loving this book. If you haven't read this one, you should because it is really good!
Becky
Predictable fare but good for little girls who love fairies, animals, and kings and queens.
Erin
I like it because the fairies are pretty when Kirsty and Rachel go to Fairy Tale Land.
Lyn
It was awesome because they saved the lost kitten.
Lil-ladybug
It was a pretty amazing adventure.
Ann Walsh
How do you get to the part where you can read the book

Dallas Hunter
It's a great book

the book is a cute book for all ages I am 18 and I liked the book I truly recommended for anyone who believes in fairies
Maria Finazzo Hernandez
It is a great book for my four year old. This was the first book she picked out of the chapter section of the library and now insists on having me read to her all of the series of all the magic fairies. I love the fact that she wants me to read to her all the time and now we are averaging 1-2 of these chapter books a day. At this rate we will be finished in about a year! Lol just a joke! But I so like that there are a lot of different kinds of fairies to relate to all the different types of chil ...more
Rainbowmagic
This book is about two girls who find a kitten. It is one of the magic pet fairies kitten, so they return it to Katie the kitten fairy. The kitten [Shimmer:] tells Katie that there is a kitten who doesn't have a home, and she goes to the human world and gives it to a boy. Then the goblins try to steal Shimmer, but they fall out of the tree they were in and start arguing who's fault it was. Shimmer and Katie thank Rachel and Kristy and return to Fairyland. I really liked this book. I give it five ...more
$hanel
Jack Frost is up to no good again! He never stops! When Rachel and Kirsty are playing in the park on a gorgeous blue sky day they suddenly find a small kitten being chased by a big black dog and they find out that the cat belongs to Katie the kitten fairy. Jack Frost has scattered all of the pet fairy`s pets around Wetherbury for the seven weather fairies to find.
Jeana
Yeah, Portia (5) liked it. Me, I'm not convinced. I think our kids can handle more than this. Still, I don't want to turn her off to reading because I'm a book snob, so I'll keep reading this stuff to her. If that's what she picks. However, I'll be encouraging more E.B. White in the future...
Mᴀʟxᴏx ♥
Do you know how darling these books are? ^^
I usually read them when I go over to my second cousins, and considering we were just on vaction with them... well I got my hands on a bit of them :P

Plus Katie's my favorite name o.o I really wish I had that name.
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • The Magic Spell (My Secret Unicorn, #1)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Chewy And Chica (The Puppy Place Special Edition)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! (Junie B. Jones, #26)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • Daisy Dawson Is on Her Way!
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)