Start by marking “Destined (Vampire Awakenings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destined (Vampire Awakenings, #2)

Destined (Vampire Awakenings #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  3,474 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Note: Alternate/new cover edition for ASIN# B008S2DCD4

* Professionally edited by KMS Freelance Editing and rereleased 2/26/13

Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 318 pages
Published February 26th 2013 (first published July 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Destined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined

Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
This review is from: Destined (Vampire Awakenings) (Kindle Edition)
I was really disappointed in "Destined", since I absolutely loved bk.1 "Awakened" which was everything great in a story. "Destined" was everything wrong in a story. We start 25yrs. into the future Liam and Sera have 10 kid now 4 singles and 2 sets of twins. Ethan is the oldest and he is hanging out with Mike, Jack and David his fathers old friends. They have stayed together and help raise Liam and Sera's kid. He see's Kathleen h
Jenny Callahan
Dec 07, 2013 Jenny Callahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Destined by Brenda K Davies

This book takes place 25 years after book #1 Awakened. Since book one Sera and Liam have had 10, that's right, 10 children. This is the story of their eldest daughter, Isabelle.

Isabelle is a strong, independent,motherly and utterly terrified of finding her soul mate. She has taken on the role of caretaker for her younger siblings. She lives on her families property with her mother and father, siblings and her father's friends from college fondly referred to as the stoo
Dean MacKinnon-Thomson
2/5 - not a 'bad' book but definitely firmly mediocre.

Plot is relatively straight forward with unexpected twist here and there. But at its core its boy meets girl, girl resists 'destiny' (so overworked as a plot device in this kind of young adult romance genre) but ends up accepting the attraction ... then some shit occurs to threaten bond.

As i say all straight forward and standard stuff

The total change in attitude on the part of Stefan is silly.

Characterisation: i felt like smashing my head ag
Kait (Our Bookish Universe)
Mar 21, 2016 Kait (Our Bookish Universe) rated it really liked it
Generally the second book of a series isn't nearly as good as the first but this one succeeded in being just as good or maybe even better. Destined is about Isabelle(the daughter of Sera and Liam) finding her mate. Isabelle has a very strong and powerful personality that shines throughout the book and sometimes the reader gets to see her vulnerable. That vulnerability is what really sells the book because it wasn't seen in Awakened. As for Stefan, who doesn't like a possessive vampire? I will ...more
Lina
Feb 24, 2016 Lina rated it it was amazing
I felt like this book was my vampire soul-mate and I needed to devour every word. I was angry and snapped at anyone who disturbed my reading time. I tried to read any free second I got and I loved everything about it. I love a possessive protagonist but a possessive vampire is 1000 times better. Ultra Mega HOT.

Destined is Isabelle's story, who is the daughter of the protagonists from the first book in the series. She is afraid to find her soul-mate because she doesn't want her life to depend of
Mindy
Isabelle was the kind of heroine I least identify with--avoiding a relationship and being stupid. I also did not like Stefan. Don't know why she liked him either. Or he liked her. So I guess match made in heaven.
Nicole
Feb 21, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first one better with Sera and Liam. I really didnt like Stefan. He was such a jerk sometimes I just wanted to punch him in the face and I never felt they really loved each other rather then just being stuck with each other because they are soul mates.
Adrien
Oct 23, 2015 Adrien rated it really liked it
BRAVO!! Again, I loved this story only because of the narrator.
Jessica Leonard
Jul 07, 2016 Jessica Leonard rated it it was amazing
A great sequel to Awakened by Brenda K. Davies. The angst in this book is thrilling and intense. I will never forget the kitchen scene....that is all I will say about that *wink*

You are emotionally drawn to Isabelle's struggle to not want to fall into the same fate as her parents but the pull of the very sexy, and swoon worthy Stefan is irresistible. I mean that man can come over to renovate my house anytime...shirtless of course!

The chemistry between these two is undeniable but Isabelle's indep
Katie Huscroft
I absolutely loved this book. I did not put it down until I finished and I'm gutted there are no more.

I read a few vampire books and these are by far my favourite vampires. I love the whole soul mate idea, how they die without each other. I find the exchanging of blood and seeing and feeling each other's mind really erotic.

Although the storyline is similar to the first, Stefan is completely different to Liam and so are there relationships.

I can't wait to read them both again. The author draws yo
LanyBelle
Oct 16, 2012 LanyBelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
completely enjoyed it :-) seeing all the characters from the first in the series and also seeing the kids Liam and Sera had :-) even though Kathleen was there, she wasnt very involved in the story, which sucks but then again this is Stephen and Isabelles' story. although what bothered me was that throughout the whole story all they did was argue and fight ( okay,there were a few exceptions) seeing their love made up for it.lol. but... i really want more Liam and Sera!
Toni Robinson
Dec 11, 2013 Toni Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this this minute I finished awakenings... seriously 2 books in less than a week. I was a bit disappointed when I started the story and it was sera n Liams kids point of view, but i got over I quickly this book had me gripped as nuch as the first one, if not more! very I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes vampire books, adult scenes & a good story too!!
Paula Mccue
I didnt enjoy this one as much as the first, isabelle was a imature, winny bratt, she really annoyed me, constantly hot and cold all the time with Stefan, how he never killed her il never know, if id been him id have strangled her the first day i met her.
The only good thing about this book was that you heard more about the characters from the first book, i loved that.
Karen
Jul 21, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I was glad to take a step forward and see how the children turned out. The characters are all likable and seem like the types you wouldn't mind knowing. It is well written and makes me long for more about this family of Vampires.

* The audio gave a whole new life to the series and the narrator does a great job of giving voice to each characters whether male or female.
Crystal Simpson
Stefan was a bit overboard with the protection and anger parts. I like guys that want to protect but he seemed more on the side of abusive. Issy is suppose to be a strong female but I didn't get that from her. I was disappointed in the characters of the story.
Grace Touch
Nov 06, 2016 Grace Touch rated it liked it
Shelves: vamps, reviewed
After all the hell that Stefan put me through throughout the entirety of this book (especially the first half of it) I cannot give this more than three stars. However, I cannot give it any less due to the truly sophisticated nature of Davies' writing. Once again, she has managed to create a unique and captivating world with her vampire characters.

Isabelle is the second oldest child of Sera and Liam's ten children. (WOWZAH!!) She has lived her entire life safely ensconced in her family's rural te
Kim
Nov 19, 2016 Kim rated it liked it
I read the first book in this series last year and never got around to reading book two. With the way book one ended I wasn't really sure I wanted to continue the story... I'm not one of those people that wants to read about the white picket fence family, regardless of how much sex and vampire you throw in the mix. ;)
However I did enjoy the first book, and I really liked Brenda Davies writing style, so I decided to give book two a chance.

For the most part I liked the book. I like Stefan's char
Theresa
Oct 29, 2016 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Isabelle is the oldest daughter of Sera and Liam from the previous book. They now have 9 kids and plus the four stooges (Jack, Mike, David & Doug) all live in the same compound in Oregon.

When they have an unexpected visit from Kathleen, Sera’s human friend and her daughters, an unwelcomed vampire is with them. Stefan is the old college friend of David’s who advised them on soul mates.

Isabelle is wonderful, but too patient for her own good, but Stefan is an arrogant asshole. And I hate it whe
Dena
Oct 30, 2016 Dena rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
This story is years after the first. Isabelle is Liam and Sera's second child. We learn that they have 10 and she is the oldest girl. She has shunned soul mates she doesn't want to rely on someone else. She sees what her parents have as a weakness she doesn't want any part of. Then Stefan comes in he was the reason that Liam and Sera got together and knew what was happening. However he doesn't understand what is really going on with himself. I really liked Isabelle and thought she was a little ...more
Dena
Oct 30, 2016 Dena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Years go by

This is definitely years away from the first book. Isabelle is the second child of Liam and sera from the first book. I was a little bummed that it started off so many years ahead than where we left off. However, I liked Isabelle but was a little confused on her views about soul mates. She sees how her parents are and she isolates herself because of it. She refuses to live life because of her fear. I'm glad Stefan showed up to give her meaning.
Mel
Nov 12, 2016 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series success

I enjoyed book 1 but this one is so much stronger and so much more engaging. The level of improvement between book 1 and this one keeps me excited to read book 3 in the series.

I hope the 3 stooges and the kids all find their HEA's with this series
Heather
Oct 28, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy vampire romance action book

If you like paranormal steamy romance books you will like this. It is a good series so far. Fast paced with romance and action. Will be reading book 3 next for sure.
Peggy Honeysucle
Finally!

I enjoyed it. Couple observations that may have made it better, Isabell was too wishy washy, Stephen stayed angry, the whole Kathleen visit was meaningless because other than her rude, obnoxious daughter, they were just not there. It just didn't work well for me. I understand why it was an important part, it just needed a little more with Kathleen and Sera. I mean, it wasn't believable that Kathleen show up on her friend's porch, twenty something years later without calling. Who does tha
Jennifer Heine
Book Description

Terrified of becoming mated like her parents, Isabelle has locked herself away in order to avoid their fate. She is content to stay sheltered amongst her family, hidden away as she lives out her days away from the human race, and the world. Despite her determination to remain alone, her world is rocked when a person from her parent’s past arrives at their door, bringing with them the powerful, and stunning vampire Stefan. Though Stefan is not expecting to arrive at a nest full o
Vanessa Sims
Jan 11, 2015 Vanessa Sims rated it really liked it
Before I started this book and read the blurb, I thought it would be about one of Liam’s friends finding their soul mate like he did, that was not the case. It is actually Liam and Sera’s daughter who finds her soul mate. I wasn’t truly disappointed, because this was a good read as well.

Isabelle doesn’t want to be like her parents. Where if one of them dies the other will follow right behind the other be it they die right after or they have to be hunted and killed because they went rouge. She is
Jessica Gomez
Alright... this review is going to be a bit different from the first book.

I did love this one, not quite as much as the first, but it was really good. Issy is Liam and Sera's daughter,(the story is told 25 years later after the first book) and she wants nothing to do with her soul mate. She looks at her parents and finds what they have annoying. She cannot fathom giving someone else that kind of control over her.

But them the mysterious stranger show up with some friends and she can feel it rig
Aug 07, 2016 Laura rated it did not like it
Read in the Passionate Bites Anthology

I previously read the first in this series and thought it was ok, could be better...and I was hoping that this would take a step forward but, it did not.

Isabelle loves her vampire soul mate parents but she never wants one of her own. Of course fate intervenes and brings Stefan to her in spite of her hermit like behavior. She fights him every step of the way and he is a complete tool about everything. Eventually they just can't fight it anymore and come toget
Whit
I was really excited to read this because I loved Awakened so much (despite the horrendous misuse of "too" and "to"). Even though I know Twilight really brought out all of this vampire craze, I didn't feel like I was reading another "wanna be twilight" book. Book two?? Not Twilight…. but The Vampire Diaries (the show on the CW, not the books. Those are a lot different). While I absolutely love TVD, this was a little much… Abby, Isabelle, Vicky, Stefan, being invited in, changing memories of ...more
Nicole *`((O_O))`*
I almost love this book but the first book is best than this book!

So, I am really enjoy about Isabella and Stefan. It's so hottie but I liked Sera and Liam more than Isabella and Stefan!

But! I am kinda feeling that I am not satisfied with this book because I want to know more about Isabella and Stefan in their future! Does they have children or did they travel to the world? I knew that Isabella wanted to travel to the world with Stefan but I want to more story about her first experience about he
Barb Shuler
Mar 10, 2015 Barb Shuler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I loved this story. Years after Sera and Liam were bonded and moved off with Mike, Doug, David and Jack with their two children... now, twenty plus years later and the fun is really starting.

Their eldest son (Ethan)and daughter (Isabelle)are determined to not be like their parents. They want to avoid the whole 'soul mates' craze. One thing we should all know, you can't hide from destiny or fate. On a chance encounter at their homestead Isabelle meets eyes with Stefan a 200 year old vampire hotti
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Awakening (The Vampire Destiny,  #3)
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • Forever Bound (Bound, #1-4)
  • Inferno (The Kindred, #4)
  • Vampire King of New York
  • Unscathed
  • Blood in the Stars
  • The Entity Who Came for Christmas (Entity, #2.5)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten, #3)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Sunder
  • Bound by the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #2)
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • de Sang: Embrace Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire #2)
6519859
Also writes under the pen name Erica Stevens.
Can be found at FB: https://www.facebook.com/BrendaDavies...
Blog: http://brendakdavies.blogspot.com/?zx...
Twitter: @BrendaKDavies1
Sign up for the mailing list and be the first to see the newest cover reveals: http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.co...
More about Brenda K. Davies...

Vampire Awakenings (5 books)
  • Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1)
  • Untamed (Vampire Awakenings, #3)
  • Enraptured (Vampire Awakenings, #4)
  • Undone (Vampire Awakenings, Book 5)