Start by marking “Mr. Nice Spy (Spy Another Day Prequel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Nice Spy (Spy Another Day Prequel, #2)

Mr. Nice Spy (Spy Another Day 0.2)

Canada is probably the last place you’d expect to find an American spy. CIA operative Elliott Monteith has made it work, just like he’s made things work with his longtime fiancée Shanna. Until Shanna lays out an ultimatum: move forward or move on. Meanwhile, Elliott and his best friend and fellow operative, Talia Reynolds, try to track an elusive leak at the American ...more
Published May 28th 2013 by Durham Crest Books

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Nice Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Nice Spy

Patricia
Mar 17, 2014 Patricia rated it liked it
I read this after I'd read Spy Noon AND I, Spy because I somehow thought this was a "1.5" rather than ".5" prequel. Who knows how I thought that. Because of that thrown sequence, there was no suspense about the relationship between Talia and Elliot so the story had no tension, no spark for me. On the upside, it was not violent (that old PG-13 warning I read on the reviews of, say, I, Spy)and I did not miss the violence. It also needs to be noted that this is a novella and as such did not have a ...more
Literary  Chanteuse
Short story prequels are meant to instigate interest in a series. Job accomplished. Just what you would expect from a spy story, it is full of deception, intrigue, action and mystery. The characters also show their personal sides. The complicated lives of under cover agents with a bit of wit has me curious and interested to read I spy. 3.5 stars
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

ARC

Mr. Nice Spy is an I Spy Prequel about Elliott. I really liked Elliott from I Spy, and this book made me like him even more.

In this book Elliott is having some problems with his fiancee. She gives him an ultimatum, either settle down, or move on. For some strange reason I just don't like Shanna, Elliott's fiancee. I secretly hoped Elliott and Talia could be together. And although we see a small glimpse into what Elliott may feel for Talia, it isn't w
Tamera Westhoff
Jun 05, 2013 Tamera Westhoff rated it really liked it
Fun story, although it's definitely better to read this one before I, Spy! I loved the action! I thought it was very interesting seeing things from his point of view. I was happy with how things turned out for him. I didn't think that there was a chance at all with him ending up with someone else. Phew! I am surprised that it took him that long to get married though. Maybe 2 years is a normal engagement time? Without a wedding date in sight? Either way, I really enjoyed it and I'm looking ...more
Shauna
Jun 11, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing
Romantic Suspense will always be one of my favorite genres.

I LOVE the suspense... and then when you speckle it with a just a little bit of romance...OH. SO. WONDERFUL!
This book has it all...and in good proportions!

Elliott is just trying to catch the elusive bad guy. But when his fiance says she needs some time AND he sees his partner, Talia, in a whole new light...."Professional and personal lines blur and Elliott has to choose—his fiancée or his best friend."
All while still trying to catch the
Ranee Clark
Nov 08, 2013 Ranee Clark rated it it was amazing
Audience: Adult (Clean)
Genre: Romance, Adventure
Length: 101 pgs.
Rating: *****
Review: I LOVED this short snipped of the I, SPY world as much as I loved the full-length one. I like seeing Elliot's side of things, especially the way he sees Talia. Great adventure, perfect romance. All the excitment you need in a hundred pages. Love.
Source: Amazon Kindle book. (Free)

Read more reviews and an interview with the author at http://raneesclark.blogspot.com.
Rachel Devaughn
Oct 14, 2014 Rachel Devaughn rated it it was amazing
Mr. Nice Spy (Spy another day prequel number 2)
This book is written by character Elliott. Not a full length novel like I, spy. I liked reading about Elliott's interactions with his partner Talia and girlfriend Shanna, along with some adventure. Very confusing relationship with his girlfriend-wasn't sure where it was heading but it all worked out in the end. This was my first reading of this series. Can't wait to read more in this series!
TK
Jan 28, 2015 TK rated it liked it
While I enjoyed getting a first-hand account of a titillating piece of information from the series (the Talia/Elliot kiss), being inside Elliot's head was so much like Talia's that I kept getting confused. I don't know what I expected a guy constantly competing in his own personal flirt-a-thon to be thinking, but it wasn't this.
Irène Wadowski uliasz
L'hésitation d'un couple avant de sauter le pas vers le mariage (en fait on a juste le point de vue de M.)arranger d'un peu d'espionnage était Frais et sympathique. Mais de là à lire les autres livres de la série............. non!
Hollie Robb
Jan 09, 2014 Hollie Robb rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, mysteries
This book for me wasn't suspenseful, or a mystery, but fun. It was fast paced. I didn't really see any real romance, possibly because the last book I read was heavy in the romance theme compared to this book. It kept me interested enough for me to read McCollum Spy books.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 22, 2013 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it really liked it
This is a short novella that goes with I Spy. I really liked getting Elliott's point of view and some back history on the dynamics behind Talia and Elliott. I am loving these books and can't wait to read the next book in the series. It sounds so good.
Jaime W
Feb 21, 2014 Jaime W rated it it was amazing
Fast novella about Elliot and Talia from HIS point of view. Fun and what I've been waiting for: finding out about THE kiss!
Millie
Mar 20, 2015 Millie rated it liked it
Cute book. Seems like a good pilot episode to a tv series. Not a ton of info, but a good beginning.
Karlene Browning
Dec 20, 2013 Karlene Browning rated it liked it
Novella. I didn't love this one. I think because it was too short to really develop the characters. But I, SPY was awesome!
Shanda
Mar 24, 2014 Shanda rated it really liked it
Prequel novella to I, Spy. Quick read from Elliot's point of view. This is a great series, well-written, and a lot of fun.
Marinne Carter
Sep 10, 2013 Marinne Carter rated it it was amazing
This is a fun quick read! I can totally relate to Jordan's characters and I look forward to reading more from her.
Krista Day
Krista Day rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Leanne C
Leanne C rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Emilee
Emilee rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2015
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Nick
Nick rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2014
M R
Jun 03, 2013 M R rated it really liked it
Fun and intriguing spy story filled with the danger and romance.
Brooke Smyth
Brooke Smyth rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
JoLyn Brown
JoLyn Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Ria
Ria rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
BritGirl
BritGirl rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
An award-winning author, Jordan McCollum can't resist a story where good defeats evil and true love conquers all. In her day job, she coerces people to do things they don't want to, elicits information and generally manipulates the people she loves most--she's a mom.

Jordan holds a degree in American Studies and Linguistics from Brigham Young University. When she catches a spare minute, her hobbie
More about Jordan McCollum...

Spy Another Day (3 books)
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
  • Spy for a Spy (Spy Another Day, #2)
  • Tomorrow We Spy (Spy Another Day, #3)