Start by marking “Uptown Girl” as Want to Read:
Uptown Girl

Uptown Girl

Emma Hastings has it all - a successful career as a fashion model, a flat in Kensington and now she may have even found her leading man, the wealthy and charming Jason Rothschild who ticks all the right boxes.

Her days are filled with photo shoots and shopping trips. Her evenings are spent at dinners and glamorous launch parties.

She is seemingly living the dream.

But dreams
Published May 23rd 2013 by Endeavour Press Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Uptown Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uptown Girl

Melanie Surani
Jun 23, 2013 Melanie Surani rated it did not like it
I don't like to write a bad review, especially for one of my fellow indies. This novella -- Uptown Girl by Holly Kinsella -- got me going, though. Emma is rich. She's a fashion model. A gorgeous, rich guy has a crush on her. Everything is perfect, and she's also kind of a bitch.

The story is basically this: Emma's car breaks down, so she takes it to a mechanic her dad recommends. That SOB mechanic wouldn't do a rush job on her car because he'd given his word to fix other people's first. I mean,
Carina
Read One: 08/09/2013.

you ever read a book where you feel someone thought "hey I know what'll make a good story" but they have no idea what actually makes a story a story? That is the feel I got from this.

You have all the elements of a typical chick-lit, girl likes the wrong guy, dislikes the right guy, you have the steadfast friend and the knife-in-the-back friend - you have the requisite fashion comments and snide remarks. But in this book you only really recognise them because they are the el
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Jun 10, 2013 Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl rated it did not like it
So, you know me well enough by now to understand my way of reviewing and thinking with books. I will always, always give a book the benefit of the doubt if it starts off bad. This is what I did with Uptown Girl. Will I ever get the hour or so back it took me to read this pretentious ghastly book? no I won't.

I was more than appalled at references throughout and to be fair it put me right off and I couldn't dismiss that. I'm extremely sorry darling readers, but I have actually found a book I serio
Leah
Oct 24, 2014 Leah rated it it was ok
When I received an email a few days ago offering me the chance to review Uptown Girl by Holly Kinsella, I took a look at the synopsis, took a look at the title and decided, yeah, why not? I love Billy Joel’s song of the same name, I loved the idea of Emma being a bit of a rich snob who learns that when it comes to falling in love you’re not necessarily going to fall for your same class, and that you may find love with a lowly mechanic! That is pretty much the novel in a nutshell and it’s a good ...more
Beth
Aug 06, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
E-galley received for review.

A rich London fashion model with boy problems may sound like a tough sell, but the author pulls it off brilliantly in this novella!

This light, fluffy, yet heartfelt romantic comedy feels like the missing London Sex and the City cousin. It is well written with an insightful, intelligent style. The characters, while one may not want to meet them in real life, are believable and quite well developed for such a brief work.

As a bonus, it is also short enough to read in a
elizabeth_agd
Jul 26, 2013 elizabeth_agd rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Endeavour Press Book Review
I felt this book was written very formally. The expression "whilst" was quite over used to the point that I started to cringe whenever I read it.

Emily is beautiful with legs to heaven and blonde hair. She works as a model and dates wealthy, good looking and self-centered men. With too much money and time she fuddles through life worrying about frivolous matters that I was not able to relate to at all. It was a shallow book and then tried to twist it around by a brief few encounters with one cha
Louise
Jul 05, 2014 Louise rated it did not like it
Found on my kindle, presumably I downloaded it because it was free. At least , I hope I didnt actually pay for it! Awful main character, badly written and predictable story, only kept reading because it was so short.
Komal
Nov 18, 2014 Komal rated it liked it
Mixed feelings about the characters. I liked the plot and how the story progressed but could not root for the main character. Overall, an okay read.
Katherine
May 29, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
What has Emma Hastings got? What any girl would dream, beauty, a loving family, wealth, friends, men chasing after her. Yet, a chance encounter causes her world to slowly but surely change. Her life of fashion modelling, mulberry handbags, flash men and all things screaming money is hollow. Can Emma bring meaning back into her shallow life again and secure happiness? Sparky, witty and well written, I couldn’t put this smart read down. In terms of criticisms though novella could have used a sub-p ...more
Kate
Mar 22, 2016 Kate rated it did not like it
Sorry. I stopped reading this book coz I'm not a fan of rich bitchy girls falling in love with humble guys. It's just not right.
Kathy Chung
Nov 15, 2015 Kathy Chung rated it did not like it
a bit too fluffy and plot was predictable.
Liz Balaam
Jul 08, 2013 Liz Balaam rated it it was ok
I only downloaded this because it was free at the time. It is not very long - only 85 pages, so it did not take long to read. If you are looking for a book to really get stuck into - then this is not the one! The storyline is sweet, but the grammar is terrible and the editing of the book is atrocious. It only took me half an hour to read and just as you are getting into it, it ends. I probably won't buy any more books by this author. I am sorry to say I did find it a bit "mindless".
Angel **Book Junkie**
Feb 26, 2014 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it did not like it
This book was just plain Awful. I think I am going to take a break from short stories because I have not found one that I can get into in a while. This book was about a B**** who was rich who fell in love with her mechanic. That is it! Point taken. Nothing more. I want my hour back!
Amy
Jul 05, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I have to say I was unsure of this book when I started reading it - Emma Hastings, the protagonist, is not someone you warm to immediately! But as the story progressed, and her character developed she grew on me. The love story was very sweet and it has a lovely romantic ending.
Donna Maguire
A nice and pleasant read, the ending was a bit predictable but it didn't detract from the story and I would look for other books by the same author.
Lisa
Aug 23, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
I just couldn't get into this book. I never warmed to the main character, I couldn't stand her love interest, and the plot was weak at best.
Kat
Jun 27, 2013 Kat rated it it was ok
Not everything evolves with money. Very lite story and I somewhat believe that this is what happy endings must be.
Endeavour Press
Oct 02, 2014 Endeavour Press rated it it was amazing
This book is published by Endeavour Press
Lorraine
Jul 01, 2013 Lorraine rated it liked it
A quick easy to read light romance.
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
maryann fujita
maryann fujita rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Tatiana Toledo
Tatiana Toledo rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Shona
Shona rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Marika
Marika marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Christina McCauley
Christina McCauley rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Aniket Barik
Aniket Barik marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Rosi
Rosi rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2016