Start by marking “Imitate Their Faith” as Want to Read:
Imitate Their Faith

Imitate Their Faith

4.87 of 5 stars 4.87  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Published 2013 by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

To ask other readers questions about Imitate Their Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imitate Their Faith

Alexis
So I literally couldn't put this down the characters come so much to life and it was so beautifully put. I felt so connected to the characters and I could feel their pains and I could feel their joys. Definitely a great reminder on how to imitate their faith and to keep on trusting and relying on Jehovah. If you haven't read this yet I totally recommend too.
Levine
Thank you very much for this book! I enjoyed every single page I read, it was so spiritually uplifting. Glad to re-read some of the characters that I've read before (p.s: Jonah is my fave chapter anyway) in the Watchtower Publ.Ed. years ago.
I will study this book during my bible personal study thoroughly and will start this week.
Heather
What an encouraging book. It really makes the characters live. I especially like how we find out more about Abel, though his mention is brief.

I am glad I read this cover to cover, but this is one to return to and dip into, reading a favourite chapter that may seem more relavant to you at that time.
Melissa Bee
Wow. . . . . I do feel kinda sorry for Abigail. 1st Nabal then David. David was NOT a catch for a happy ever after.
Sabne Raznik
Will be going through this one again and studying it thoroughly before the end of the year. This one will improve, and grow in practical application, with repeated reading. -- July 28, 2013.

Finished with second reading/study on June 14, 2014.
April
Wonderful book about fourteen individuals from the Bible. In depth knowledge about their daily lives and challenges. Plus beneficial application for us in today's world. Available for download on jw.org
Wonderfully put together. Each chapter is only a couple of pages long so can be done easily. Awesome pictures true artistry~! Each person highlighted shows a different aspect of faith and courage - people like Abraham, David, Samuel, Ruth, the slave girl who worked for a King, Esther, and more recognized names such as John and Noah.
I found it an easy read and was able to read a chapter a night - wonderfully examples that show that the need for strong faith is never out of fashion and that despit
Kim Moss
We are studying this for the congregation bible study. I love this publication, the richness of the experiences of these ordinary men (people ) who accomplished extraordinary things by way of their faith. Encouraging. We are reading it in English and Arabic and the poetry of the Arabic language lends a beauty to the meaning of some of the words: apostle= messenger and Dorcas is described as "tilmida" a schoolgirl, which describes a personality trait, she was not a tainted woman. I can imagine le ...more
Wildhorse204
This book is one of the best i've ever read! I am reading it right now and love it!
Elizabeth Carpenter
Absolutely amazing!! A must read!
María of Spain
Some details I'd never noticed. I only gave it 4 stars because I wish there were more in the series.
Nim
One of my favourite books of all time.
Kassie
This is an amazing book.
Not even a person who doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses can say that this is invalid or uninteresting. It's a must read, I say, for anybody who wants to learn more about or teach the lesser known and known Bible examples.

The format is exceptionally easy to read, the pictures are wow, and the writing style is captivating.

I give it a five based on the things mentioned above + the story telling and accurate information.
Sue
I loved loved loved this publication. You learn so much more about characters in the bible that you think you know well and this opens your eyes even more. Mary has 2 chapters toward the end and peter has 3. I really hope they come out with another book like this with more men and women of faith both well known and not. I am always so glad that it shows how important a role women had in the bible.
Trisa
This faith inspiring text is now available for download at www.jw.org/download/?output=html&....
Oliver
Fantasticly realistic, the descriptions are amazing; the parallels and ideas expressed certainly are inspiring. A true gem of literature.
Cassandra
I love this book! I think it is my favorite. It takes Bible characters and makes their stories come to life. It is beautiful!
Travis
Excellent reminders and life lessons of true worshipers of the past. Easy to read and breathtaking illustrations.
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Jeremiah Cardenas
Jeremiah Cardenas marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Veronica Nielsen
Veronica Nielsen is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2014
Raine Autumn
Raine Autumn is currently reading it
Oct 26, 2014
Liv Baker
Liv Baker marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
  • DreamCatcher
  • English Phonetics and Phonology
  • Keep Calm and Carry On
  • Indonesia Mengajar
  • Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice that Will Inspire You to CLEAN like the DICKENS
  • Ounce Dice Trice
  • The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning
  • Wonder/365 Days of Wonder Boxed Set
  • Fry's English Delight: Series 1 (Fry's English Delight, #1)
  • Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It: And Other Kitchen Projects
  • I Was a Child of Holocaust Survivors
  • The Better World Shopping Guide: Every Dollar Makes a Difference
  • The Wombles
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization headquartered in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, United States. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society".
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...
What Does The Bible Really Teach? My Book of Bible Stories The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work Mankind’s Search for God