Start by marking “Manifesto UF” as Want to Read:
Manifesto UF

Manifesto UF

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  15 reviews
From angels to vampires, dragons to wizards, Manifesto brings together twenty-three stories full of action, snark, and unadulterated badassery.

Featuring stories from Lucy A. Snyder, Jeff Salyards, William Meikle, Teresa Frohock, Zachary Jernigan, Betsy Dornbusch, and more.

The time has come to make a statement, to define a genre. This is our manifesto.

Table of Contents:

Rev
303 pages
Published September 1st 2013 by Angelic Knight Press (first published August 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Manifesto UF, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manifesto UF

Zachary Jernigan
Oct 18, 2013 Zachary Jernigan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
OBJECTIVE RATING (my best stab at looking at the book's merits, regardless of whether or not I enjoyed it all that much): 4.5

PERSONAL RATING (how much the book "worked" for me personally): 5

Well, Good Lord. Am I the only one with the guts to rate this thing? I've had the advance copy for author review for some time now (as I know others do), and I keep thinking, "Somebody's gonna rate it soon." But nope. Only I have the huevos to stand up for what's right and say this collection is awesome.

So th
seak
I like to read anthologies slowly and when the mood for that particular theme strikes me. This has been so for a while and it will probably never cease. I've come to believe that this type of reading schedule is exactly what anthologies were made for and it helps break up some of my other reading projects that are usually in either Science Fiction or Fantasy with little deviation, especially to Urban Fantasy. So, it took a while to read Manifesto UF, even there were some excellent stories.

What
Ryan Lawler
Aug 19, 2013 Ryan Lawler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Note: My short story "Break Free" is included in this anthology. I'll try to keep this as unbiased as possible, but I have to say I'm pretty psyched about all the quality stories surrounding my own. I just hope my story can at least hold its own next to the rest.

So yeah, this is a very high quality urban fantasy anthology, put together by Tim Marquitz and Tyson Mauermann. Urban fantasy is a broad genre, and spectrum of stories in this anthology are just as broad, from classical monster hunting,
Mia
Jan 10, 2014 Mia added it
There are many stories in this collection dealing with Christian mythology-- angels and demons, heaven and earth and hell. Further, there are monsters of urban legend and ancient monsters released into the jungle of modern times. This is a great introduction to the urban fantasy genre and the diversity that can be found therein.

As a collection, I give this 3.5 stars.

These are the most notable offerings in this anthology for me:

NAKED THE NIGHT SINGS by Teresa Frohock: From the title to the story
Wilson Geiger
Sep 02, 2013 Wilson Geiger rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
One of the stories in this collection, "Blessing and Damnation," was penned by yours truly, but I don't think that affects my rating because:

1) Any negative stars based on my story are nullified by the other great stories in this collection, and
2) Seriously, did you see the other authors in this line-up?

Some of my favorites from within, non-spoilery:

I’m an Animal. You’re an Animal, Too, by Zachary Jernigan. Great voice, and I devoured this one pretty quickly. The character names were...familiar.
Milo (Bane of Kings)
The Review: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/09/....

“An excellent collection that gives a great exploration of how varied Urban Fantasy can be, bringing some great stories to the pipeline with some stellar contributions across all areas. Certainly worth checking out, particularly if you’re a fan of the subgenre.” ~Bane of Kings, The Founding Fields

Rev – Kirk Dougal | I’m an Animal. You’re an Animal, Too – Zachary Jernigan | Los Lagos Heat – Karina Fabian | Savage Rise – Adam Millard | Front
Mihir

Full review over at Fantasy Book Critic

OVERVIEW/ANALYSIS: This anthology was something I was looking forward for twofold reasons:
a) It focusses on urban fantasy, a favorite sub-genre of mine.
b) Because Tim and Tyson were helming this project. Both of whom are capable editors in themselves and also are good friends of mine.

The blurb can be read here and I'll be commenting about each story as it simply helps in elucidating what I liked and disliked about each story (apologies in advance for i
Bibliotropic
If more people wrote urban fantasy the way the stories in Manifesto UF were written, I’d be reading more urban fantasy. This collection of short stories contains as much diversity as it does talent. Tim Marquitz, Zachary Jernigan, Teresa Frohock, and many other big names that UF fans will no doubt recognize, as well as friend and fellow blogger Abhinav Jain, all make their mark on the genre with stories that are fast-paced, creative, and exciting.

I say this about a lot of short story collections
Tim Lewis
Premise: Strange creatures lurk in the shadows in shady back alleys and street corners, waiting to ensnare and devour unsuspecting victims. Battles between good and evil are being fought by angels and demons out of sight of humans. What we see every day is far from what is actually happening in this world and beyond.

The dangerous and illicit activities of inhuman things are ripe for these fantastical stories. With vampires, were-creatures, ghosts, angels, demons, dragons, wizards, trolls, goblin
Frank Errington
Review copy

One year and one day ago I posted a review of Fading Light: An Anthology of the Monstrous, by far my favorite anthology of 2012 and one of the best books I read last year.

Here we are, a year later and Tim is back. This time enlisting the help of Tyson Mauermann. The two have assembled 23 stories they hope will entertain and at the same time provide a message of what Urban Fantasy should be.

Although, I'm not a fan of Fantasy (Sword and Sorcery), Urban Fantasy is another story entirely
Matthew Baker
I have to commend Angelic Knight Press; they just keep getting things right. Every book they release is great. And no, I’m not just saying this because I am one of their published authors. The proof is in the reviews. Go to Amazon or Good Reads and look up any one of their titles. You will see an average of 4+ stars on almost all of them. The readers have spoken...and they like what they’re reading. MANIFEST UF is one of these books, and it definitely needs to be in your collection.

In case you d
Tyson
Aug 28, 2013 Tyson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2013, scifi-fantasy
I am one of the editors of this anthology and each story does a great job of helping define the genre. Definitely worth checking out as there are some great authors in this one and some impressive debuts as well.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Statement of fact: the world needs more urban fantasy anthologies. There’s no doubt about this, it’s a great way to discover new authors or refresh your memory about a series you enjoy. And here’s another fact: there are very few people I’d trust more to put one together than Tim Marquitz, and with Manifesto, he proved me right. Because I’m always right. Duh.

If there’s one thing most of these stories have in common, it’s that they’re raw and unconventional; not quite stories in the traditional s
Melanie Meadors
The stories in this book range from the fun to the freaky, a great mix of familiar and new. I highly recommend this to both fans of UF and those who have never touched it before--you'll see what the genre has to offer. So much more than vampires!
Jake
Mar 14, 2014 Jake added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy, horror
I’m not rating this book, but I greatly enjoyed reading it. I’d give it either a 4 or a 5 star rating even if I didn’t have a story within this collection.

Follow this link for my actual review—

Erasamo Da rotterdam
Erasamo Da rotterdam marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Simon Ellberger
Simon Ellberger marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Shana DuBois
Shana DuBois marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Moira
Moira marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Kiefer Goco
Kiefer Goco marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Dan Herrick
Dan Herrick marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Hossein
Hossein marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Troy Rodgers
Troy Rodgers marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Andrew Moczulski
Sep 08, 2014 Andrew Moczulski rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Tristan
Tristan marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
3020406
Tim Marquitz is the author of the Demon Squad series, the Blood War Trilogy, co-author of the Dead West series, as well as several standalone books, and numerous anthology appearances including Triumph Over Tragedy, Corrupts Absolutely?, Demonic Dolls, Neverland's Library, Blackguards, and the forthcoming That Voodoo Hoodoo, That You Do and No Place Like Home.

The Editor in Chief of Ragnarok Public
More about Tim Marquitz...
Armageddon Bound (Demon Squad #1) Resurrection (Demon Squad #2) At The Gates (Demon Squad #3) Echoes of the Past (Demon Squad #4) Dawn of War (Blood War, #1)