Start by marking “Prisoners of War (Dog Tags, #3)” as Want to Read:
Prisoners of War (Dog Tags, #3)

Prisoners of War (Dog Tags #3)

Man's best friend goes to war.

Two enemy soldiers. One uneasy alliance.

Miguel is a medic in the US Army. Stationed in a remote Belgian forest during World War II, he's expecting a quiet tour of duty. But the Nazis have other ideas. They launch a surprise attack . . . one that separates Miguel from his entire division.

Alone and lost in enemy territory, Miguel discovers an ab
Published January 7th 2014 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Joey K.
Dec 03, 2013 Joey K. rated it it was amazing
No man left behind. This story takes place in France, Europe during the Second World War. The main character, a medic in the U.S. Army's Ninety-Ninth Division named Miguel, narrates his adventures behind enemy lines. After being captured by the SS Panzer Division, Miguel finds Yutz, a Nazi wardog, stuck in a foxhole. Miguel and Yutz begin the search to find and recover Goldsmith, Miguel's friend that is Jewish, before the Germans take him to Berlin.

I liked this book because it shows that if you
Ryan Teplitzky
Oct 07, 2016 Ryan Teplitzky rated it it was amazing
I always loved these books. I just couldn't stop reading. Right before each chapter was a cliffhanger that kept me guessing, what's going to happen next. Also I plan to join the Army for a career and I don't expect to be a hero but the main character in this book was. I love military books especially historical fiction.
Hunter
Jun 16, 2015 Hunter rated it really liked it
A review of Dog Tags Prisoners of War by C. Alexander London
It's early in the morning and Michel, or Miguel, and Goldsmith are chatting in the foxhole and they hear a bang! Then another and they realize that they are under attack. Then Michel hears cries for the medic and he remembers HE is the medic. So he sprints from foxhole to foxhole helping the wounded men. While he is running, he hears a bang and a snap...
Michel's Infantry unit gets overrun and captured. Then Michel found a Nazi dog and
Nicholas Romash
Nov 19, 2013 Nicholas Romash rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was way different. Normally in the book series the main character has been a marine or dog handler. This time though he was a medic. I'm glad they changed it up to make it different. The story was about a Hispanic named Miguel Rivera who was a medic in the U.S army in ww2. When the Germans attacked he was left behind in German territory with a dog trained to kill Americans. When I got to the end of the book I was shocked. This book is just as great as the other two so I ...more
Gavin Moughan
May 02, 2016 Gavin Moughan rated it it was amazing
Dog Tags is a book that does a great job of mixing fictional characters into real events. It shows the hardships that were gone through and what war does to a person. Not only that, but it shows how unwanted allies can become great friends as a human or even an animal like a dog. Dog Tags shows a whole other side of World War II with an unlikely team between a U.S. soldier and a Nazi trained Dog. But the harsh, unforgiving situations help hem grow closer to survive.
Sarah McPherson
Jan 02, 2016 Sarah McPherson rated it it was amazing
This is a really awesome book. The circumstances in it are interesting and the threat seems very real. I really like this book.
Diana Pettis
Nov 16, 2013 Diana Pettis rated it really liked it
Realistic and enjoyable for older elementary readers.
Ian
Nov 08, 2016 Ian rated it really liked it
I thought that it jumped to conclusions pretty fast, butut it does capture the grit of it all and the horror that te main character faces in the beginning, which is where the hook ends.
Nate
Oct 28, 2016 Nate rated it liked it
Did not like the book but people who like war/dog stuff.
Ryan Meechan
Feb 24, 2016 Ryan Meechan rated it it was amazing
Dog Tags:Prisoners of War by C. Alexander London was an overall great book. It was set in the time of World War II. Twenty-one year old Miguel Rivera is a medic in World War II. He is stationed in Belgium. He was fighting in a battle against the Nazis when knocked out by a Nazis bomb. When he came to he was alone,everyone was either dead near him. He found out that the rest of his squad was taken prisoners by the Nazis. He finds a Nazis dog sitting next to his dead master. Both of them has to ...more
Jacob Beulen
Oct 13, 2016 Jacob Beulen rated it it was amazing
a great book sad at the end
Riley Hoeper
Oct 05, 2016 Riley Hoeper rated it it was amazing
L.Thomas Corvi
Oct 16, 2014 L.Thomas Corvi rated it really liked it
DOG TAGS PRISONERS OF WAR written by C. Alexander London. So far it is a good book because it's about a kid who joins the army under age and he is afraid to join because he shows signs of weakness. Miguel joins the army to beat the NAZIS and wants to show everyone that he is brave and can defeat an enemy. He meets a new friend and his last name is Goldsmith. They become best of friends and they start to become like brothers. But then a big force of German soldiers come and then the war begins ...more
zapkode.marie
{My Thoughts} – “Perhaps the greatest horror of all. War doesn’t just kill and maim and destroy. It numbs, like the cold numbs, but in a deeper place. It numbs the feelings of kindness and mercy and remorse. It freezes the heart. My heart felt cold right then, and I wasn’t sure it would ever thaw.”

Miguel is a young boy that has joined the U.S. Army. He lied about his age and he enlisted. He has this attitude about him that lets you to believe that he feels he is confident about going up against
Jacob Missbrenner
Oct 04, 2016 Jacob Missbrenner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: september, october
Amazing. It was an emotional book going over Miguel's thoughts and actions through the horrors that the Battle of the Bulge left him. It was very descriptive on the images both physical and mental, of the torments of seeing their commander in a pool of red and the forest and the items and people/animals that were used to save Miguel and everyone else. It showed a Combat medic's view of war, a innocent man meant to save lives made to then take lives. It was a good book that you can finish in a ...more
Mary Louise Sanchez
Miguel Rivera, from Albuquerque, New Mexico, lied about his age to fight in the army but is now an inexperienced medic watching and waiting for the Germans in a foxhole in the Ardennes forest of Belgium, on a cold December day, with his campanion, a Jewish American named Mike Goldsmith from New York. During the heavy battle a tree falls on Miguel and knocks him out.

When he awakens he sees the ground littered with frozen German soldiers' bodies and hears a whine. It's a Doberman pinscher held by
Noah Lowers
Nov 17, 2015 Noah Lowers rated it it was amazing
The book i read in October is Dog Tags, Prisoners Of War by Alexander London. This book was about a soldier named Miguel who was a medic in the U.S Army in WW2 during Battle Of The Bulge. There was one battle where he got knocked out by a tree landing on him. Then he got lost and alone behind enemy lines. He found a Nazi dog left behind by the Nazis. Miguel and the dog try to make it back to friendly lines. I would give this book a 10 out of 10. I liked the part where Miguel found his way back ...more
Justin L

Saturday January 31, 2015: 10 minutes
Sunday February 1, 2015: 0 minutes
Megan
Jan 24, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It differed from the series but either way it was my favorite! It took a lot of encouragement and urging, but I've gotten a friend to read it, trust me, someday, Joseph, you'll thank me!

The story is about an American medic serving in world war 2. When his platoon is captured, he chooses to go after them. But how? He doesn't know how to find the Germans, well that's when he finds Yutz, an enemy dog. Miguel knows he can't survive with out him so ever so slowly, they begin an un
Ms. B
Nov 02, 2014 Ms. B rated it really liked it
First things first, I didn't think I would like this book. I am neither a dog fan nor a military buff. Yet, I thoroughly enjoyed this story about not quite eighteen year-old Miguel who joins the Army to fight for his country in World War II. Once there, he almost immediately experience the horrors of war as he is separated from his unit. His only hope to survive is to bond with a Nazi dog. Fans who have outgrown the I Survived series by Lauren Tarshis series will find this appealing. Part of the ...more
Dj Devore
Mar 21, 2014 Dj Devore rated it it was amazing
Great WWII book about an army medic abandoned due to German forces overrunning his position. All he knows is he is the only one that he is aware of that survived and found a German military dog. But the question is will he be able to "teach an old dog new tricks"?
Kevin
May 28, 2015 Kevin rated it it was amazing
This book was adventurous. It told me how courageous some of the U.S's soldiers are. He risked his life to save a dozen men. He even stole a Russian war dog. It was a sad ending and it touched my heart. Read this thriller saddening book to find out what happens.
Caleb mlg
Jan 06, 2016 Caleb mlg rated it it was amazing
This book was really entertaining and pretty unpredictable I give it 5 stars (trying to no spoilers)
Pacer
Jun 01, 2016 Pacer rated it liked it
I liked this book because there was a dog in it. I didn't like it because it has a few sad part in it. Miguel is a medic in the U.S army. read the book to find out what happens.
Khalifa
Nov 28, 2014 Khalifa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

I like this book because I'm a fan of ww2 and Miguel was very brave and very risky for saving the prisoners
Riley
Sep 17, 2015 Riley rated it really liked it
Shelves: dog-tags
I loved this Book, But at parts it gets sad so if your a person who gets really sad I do not recommend it!!
Denyse Taylor
Jan 31, 2015 Denyse Taylor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reading
Very interesting. Seen through eyes of a medic is quite different. Horrors of wars told quite honestly. Seeing how the dog came into play was good too.
Timothy Parks
Timothy Parks rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Radley Kafka
Radley Kafka rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2016
Eli Dahl
Aug 30, 2016 Eli Dahl rated it really liked it
This was a book about a dog and solider in world war II
i liked it alot read it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • What Was the Gold Rush?
  • The Only Girl in School
  • The Locker Ate Lucy! (Eerie Elementary #2)
  • Skeleton Island (Araminta Spookie, #7)
  • Thea Stilton and the Tropical Treasure (Thea Stilton #22)
  • Jelly Bean (Shelter Pet Squad, #1)
  • Last Wishes (Everyday Angel #3)
  • Finding Ruby Starling
  • Maggie & Oliver or A Bone of One's Own
  • The Book of Bad Things
  • Barry (Dog Diaries, #3)
  • I Dream of an Elephant
  • Dog Finds Lost Dolphins: And More True Stories of Amazing Animal Heroes (National Geographic Kids Chapters)
  • Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream (Stick Dog, #4)
  • Dog
  • The Otter, the Spotted Frog & the Great Flood: A Creek Indian Story
  • Better to Wish (Family Tree, #1)
  • Miracle Dogs: Rescue Stories

Dog Tags (4 books)
  • Semper Fido (Dog Tags, #1)
  • Strays (Dog Tags, #2)
  • Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)