Start by marking “Imp (Imp World #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Imp (Imp World #0.5)

Imp (Imp 0.5)

Alternate Cover: B00ARLLI6M

Demon young are cruel, especially to little imps like Az. No matter where she hides, even deep in the swamplands, her siblings eventually find her and hurt her, ripping off her scales and slicing her wings. Many demons don’t live to adulthood. Only the strong survive. And the clever.

Survival isn’t looking probable for Az, with eldest brother, Paq
Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Imp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imp

Marianne
Might be spoilerish to those who have not read the first novels in the Imp series.

Imp is a coming of age novella, and a prequel to the Imp series. Here we meet Az/Sam as a young adult; only a few centuries old. She is busy living down to her potential as a mere imp, struggling to stay alive in a brutal world where demon children are very conscious of a pecking order/hierarchy.

While this novella might not be essential, it IS an enjoyable little story full of little hints and interesting informat
RedL.
Jun 02, 2016 RedL. rated it liked it
nice prequel novella, short and with some bits of interesting information once you're already into the series. Life for our imp was not easy growing up and but she was always curious about life and sensation.
Dakota
Feb 19, 2015 Dakota rated it really liked it
enjoyable prequel to the novel. After reading this looking forward to the series
Bonnie
Oct 16, 2016 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best series ! Ive read ! Ever

I absolutely love Debra Dunbar writing in this book and this whole imp series ,I can't wait for the next die in 2017, these books had me laughing out loud so many times,I love Sam and Dar and would tell anyone and have told everyone I come across to read these books ! Thank you so much Debra ! Your an amazing writer. Please hurry and get some more out for us ,I'm moving on to your other series

Richard E.
Oct 04, 2016 Richard E. rated it really liked it
Prequel to the IMP series. Follow Niyaz as a very young, low class demon as she trains get abused by her sibling demons and manages to escape to Earth, Have an adventure and Even manage to extract a few Favors from the Elves for a service they needed done.
Amyiw
This is a great introduction to the Imp world. I'm sure Az ends up being Sammie later in life though that is not said here. To see demon life and how they start thinking the way they do at the ages they are gives us reasons for demons being the way they are. Having Az interact with one for so long when she is still considered a youth, gets us to understand why Sammie ends up being the demon she is. Someone said to read this before you get to the 3rd book as it explains the back ground for that ...more
Marsha
Sep 28, 2013 Marsha rated it really liked it
Az is a young imp who is constantly being bullied and cruelly attacked by her siblings especially her older brother, Paquit. During one of her lessons she accidentally kills her two thousand year old demon teacher. Of course, no one would ever believe it and Paquit takes credit for the kill.

One day Az's brother, Dar talks her into sneaking into the human realm and stealing a human body. Soon Dar is captured by a sorcerer who is on the run and on the demon's most wanted list. If Az is to return h
Joe
Dec 08, 2013 Joe rated it it was amazing
This story was really cute. I feel like reading about baby Sam/Az is like watching a kitten play with a ball of yarn. I really recommend anyone enjoying the series itself to also read this novella.

Dar and Az are still kids in this story and set off on their first adventure to earth. Things don't go quite as planned and it ends up being pretty humorous. The cultural barrier between demons and humans was also poor making Dar and Az's confusion cute.
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 02, 2016 Montzalee Wittmann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Impish demon fun but with a heart, great read, loved every minute!

A lowly demon does some amazing things that others won't believe. Travels to the human side and things get really strange. Lots of interesting characters, exciting adventures, dialogue, and humor. Plot is fast and well planned. Characters are well developed and intriguing. A wonderful, delightfully, devilish read.
Joseph Kramer
Apr 26, 2016 Joseph Kramer rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, debra-dunbar
Good short story. This covers the early years when Az was only 200 years old and still a minor. First she devours her instructor. Then she and Dar go through a gate and meet a missing sorcerer, fight a demon who gets killed by an angel. They return through an elf gate and she bargains with a sorcerer.
Mindi
Apr 10, 2016 Mindi rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This story gave some in depth background to Sam, but it didn't give a lot of new information. A lot of this was hinted at in the regular series. And this could only be billed as YA by someone who doesn't read YA. So, a decent short story, with all the usual lack-of-editing problems, nothing to really rave about.
Bella Swann
Feb 22, 2014 Bella Swann rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
I have such a fondness for Sam that seeing her as a young, vulnerable, but still loveable imp was an absolute delight. This is a great way to introduce yourself to this series and for those already reading about Sam, the adult, you will fall in love with Sam, the child.
Lauren
Nov 15, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
I don't always enjoy prequels but I liked this one, it really showed off some of my favourite parts of Sam's character from the first books in the series. It's a cheeky little mood-lifting book and almost a shame it's so short!
Moira
Jun 29, 2015 Moira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
29.6.2015 - 4*
Roztomilý, nápaditý příběh. A bylo to tak zatraceně skvělé!
Myšlenkové vzorce a chování mladé démonky byly skvěle podané, krátký příběh bavil. Rozhodně se pustím do navazující série. :)
Coyora Dokusho
Apr 21, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure if you want to read this one before or after Book 3 (Elven Blood) ... Maybe before because then Elven Blood might be funnier...

Also: AWESOME!!!

XD
Jenifer Mohammed
Dec 30, 2013 Jenifer Mohammed rated it it was amazing
Fun prequel for those who want a glimpse of Sam as an impish child. :)

Good backstory and well-worth reading.
Dutu
Dec 31, 2014 Dutu rated it liked it
It was a fin read. .. but more for teens. ..I hope that the books will be better and with other shapes :)
Ranooy Al-s
Apr 20, 2016 Ranooy Al-s rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to know how she managed to go back and live on earth for 40 years. Next book I guess?
Alicia
Sep 26, 2014 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 stars.

The story is cute enough if you already know the characters. This story doesn't really add much to the overall series, but it does create some 'inside' jokes for book three.
Monica Connor
Monica Connor rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Lindag
Lindag rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Lena
Lena rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Tehrene
Tehrene rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Kathie
Kathie rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Ella
Ella rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Nealah Conkey
Nealah Conkey rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Tammy Kesteloot
Sep 09, 2014 Tammy Kesteloot rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Interesting concept. I liked this story, it intrigued me. I'd like to read more about this world.
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Dave Shaw
Dave Shaw rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Gab
Gab rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
  • Playing with Darkness (The Sensor, #3.5)
  • A Cold Day in Hell (Hellcat, #3)
  • Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)
  • When Shadows Call (Shaede Assassin, #0.5)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell, #1)
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Alex (Rylee Adamson, #5.5)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Dark Mirror Series, #2)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
  • Paradise Lot: GoneGodWorld - Episode One (Urban Fantasy Series #1)
  • The 13 Nights of Halloween
  • Revenant Epilogue (Lords of Deliverance, #6.1; Demonica, #11.1)
  • Death Rejoices (The Marnie Baranuik Files #2)
Debra lives in a little house in the woods in Maryland with three sons, and a Noah’s ark of four legged family members. She has a corporate job during the day, and writes novels at night, after the kids are tucked in bed.

She drives an Excursion affectionately called The Beast, couldn’t carry a tune if you duct taped it to her back, and enjoys an occasional cosmopolitan (heavy on the vodka). On a
More about Debra Dunbar...

Imp (10 books)
  • A Demon Bound (Imp, #1)
  • Satan's Sword (Imp, #2)
  • Elven Blood (Imp, #3)
  • Devil's Paw (Imp, #4)
  • Imp Forsaken (Imp, #5)
  • Angel of Chaos (Imp, #6)
  • Kingdom of Lies (Imp, #7)
  • Exodus (Imp, #8)
  • Queen of the Damned (Imp, #9)
  • Untitled (Imp, #10)