Start by marking “Unteachable” as Want to Read:
Unteachable

Unteachable

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  11,838 ratings  ·  2,182 reviews
Maise O’Malley just turned eighteen, but she’s felt like a grown-up her entire life. The summer before senior year, she has plans: get into a great film school, convince her mom to go into rehab, and absolutely do not, under any circumstances, screw up her own future.

But life has a way of throwing her plans into free-fall.

When Maise meets Evan at a carnival one night, thei
Published July 27th 2013 by Velvet Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about Unteachable, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leah
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leah Maise meant "popped his cherry" metaphorically. As in, she took away his innocence and introduced him to the ugly adult world she's a part of. There…moreMaise meant "popped his cherry" metaphorically. As in, she took away his innocence and introduced him to the ugly adult world she's a part of. There was no hookup--they're just friends.(less)
Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergCollide by Gail McHughBully by Penelope DouglasBeg by C.D. Reiss
Romance Debuts 2013
21st out of 424 books — 3,727 voters
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardSlammed by Colleen HooverLosing It by Cora CarmackGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain ReynardPoint of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
Student-Teacher-Professor romance!
8th out of 136 books — 417 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
03/2014: Looky at the beautiful new cover! I love that they kept all the vibrant colours of the original because they really captured the intoxicating feel of the novel. Also, every time I think of this book I can't believe I didn't give it 5 stars... so I'm upping my rating :)

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's ho
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
5 brilliant shooting stars.*****Review completed August 4, 2013

photo 3c6d42eb-a597-4035-b1e5-b230905efc66_zps6fc2e916.jpg

photo tumblr_monk917wbv1s4si4co1_400_zpsa3c35dc1.gif

"You've got stars in your eyes," and I kissed him, his lips warm and sweet in the cold. Our breath wrapped around us in scarves of steam. On the smooth white cloth spread before us, pastel lights rippled in soft, diaphanous waves, like auroras.

photo tumblr_mble8kuKci1qg39ewo1_500_zps3026d5eb.gif

I tell you I was in an incredibly shitty mood when I saw Unteachable all over GR and I knew…I knew…it's another of those NA books that don't do anything for me at all. So, I told myself 'Wha
Navessa

This review is also available on BookLikes and my blog.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What the Wheat Thins?!

I am shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

Why?

Is it because this is a book with a lot of naughty language?

No, that's not it. I cuss like a fucking dock worker.

Because it's a book with a lot of sex?

Hmm. No. I like sex.

Because it's a book with a lot of sex between an 18-year-old girl and her 32-year-old teacher?

No, that was actually kind of hot.

I'm shocked because this is a New Adult Romance...and it was good! I liked it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is no small feat, especially considering I tend to
Wendy Darling
Jul 14, 2014 Wendy Darling rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who wanted better versions of Slammed or Teach Me
Recommended to Wendy Darling by: Emily May
This is, by far, the most well-written romance I've read to date in the dubious "new adult" category--not to mention one of the best in the indie press one. There are a handful of other NAs that I've liked, among them Faking It, Double Clutch, and Easy, but this one's much closer to the mature YA/NA writing of The Sea of Tranquility. Albeit with characters and problems that are a lot more fucked up.

This story is basically a much better version of Slammed, which has gotten a lot of attention but
Aestas Book Blog

What a book!! Beautiful. Forbidden. Captivating.

Forbidden love is so alluring. I think all of us are drawn to it one way or another. The thrill, the fear, the heightened sense of awareness... everything about it is dangerous and yet totally irresistible.

Now, this bookis a student/teacher romance so yes, the taboo is there. Loud and clear. But, for those of you who are unsure based on that, it might help to know that the heroine is 18 so the issue here is purely moral, not legal.

Before I even s
Christy
5 Unteachable Stars!
 photo 91ed257a-feb9-4ed8-826f-7c61817bdbf0_zps82d671d6.jpg

photo Unteachable-Rollercoaster_zpsd5904bc6.gif

Eighteen year old Maise is at the local carnival the summer before her senior year of high school when she meets him. Evan Wilke. Evan is a little older than Maise, but that isn’t anything new to her. She has had her fair share of older men.
I’m kind of screwed up from growing up without a father, and I like it when they try to daddy me.
Something about Evan is different. They have a connec
"That's All" Ash
I fell so hard into this story, its words might as well have been made out of concrete.

Everyone’s talking about Leah Raeder’s writing. And they should be. Because she writes with such a red nail-polished confidence, that it’s pretty much intimate with impossible not to fall into it. Her writing style is effortless, interesting, and uninterested; and she writes with words that are tantamount to gunmetal and peonies.

Or something. ;)

What’s even better than the writing itself, is that she uses its l
Debra

I met him at a carnival, of all corny places...

"You can call it love. Or you can call it freefall. They're pretty much the same thing."

For days I've been hearing nothing but very positive reactions about Leah Raeder's exquisite writing style and her NA debut novel Unteachable. So, of course, I had to find out for myself what everyone kept raving about. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint. The author's lyrical, prose-like writing style managed to suck me in from the moment I starte
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
MINOR SPOILERS -mature content reader discretion is advised.
5 STARS out of 5
Genre:NA Romance Erotica
NOTE: The heroine is 18yrs of age.

UNPUTDOWNABLE! Some books just give it to you the way you need it. And that is EXACTLY what Unteachable did for me.

->The writing is addictive
-->The plot line is addictive
--->The characters are addictive

I just can’t get enough!

Maise and Evan have that Reckless love, that Crazy love, that off the wall won’t stop till I had enough kind of love, that I don’t
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

MISSION FUCKING ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Trying to write a coherent review of a book you read more than one month ago SUCKS. Thanks God there are amazing reviews out there that you could read that will completely convince you to read this book. But to be honest, you don’t need to be convinced. This is one of those books that will rock your world.

Following my ‘hell to the no spoilers policy’ I’m just going to say very little about this story.

Maise and Evan meet in a Carnival and they share a special momen
Duchess Nicole
"You should love something while you have it, love it fully and without reservation, even if you know you'll lose it someday. We lose everything. If you're trying to avoid loss, there's no point in taking another breath, or letting your heart beat one more time. It all ends...That's all life is. Breathing in, breathing out. The space between two breaths."

Boy, did I fight this book with everything in me. But Leah Raeder dragged my sorry ass kicking and screaming into the book fantasy ether, and
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 4.5 Forbidden Stars ♥♥♥

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"You asked why I'm here alone."

I glanced over at him. He stared right ahead.

"I see the lights every night. It seems like the whole world has figured out how to be happy, but no one's letting me in on the secret."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Maise O'Malley has just turned eighteen. She is not the sweet-girl-next-door kind of girl. She hasn't been that for a long time. She is confident, promiscious, and alone. Her childhood was non-exitent. She has been taking
Kristin (KC)
*4 Stars!*

This gripping story has a tragic beauty that is not easily defined. It doesn't offer a black and white scenario that tells you how to feel and where you stand—but instead presents varying shades of grey that invite you to think and decide for yourself. Some may question its morality or criticize its content, but no one can deny that this story boldly braves the controversial—generously offering us the excitement and allure of an intense forbidden love!

I see the lights every night. It
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

What the hell am I? I thought. Too old to be a real teenager, too young to drink. Old enough to die in a war, fuck grown men, and be completely confused about what I was doing with my life.

One of the most important points I see argued when it comes to the classification of New Adult novels is, where does it fit? The debate seems to be evenly spit with each side categorizing it as either YA or Adult with a smaller portion claiming it is of its own category. And I get, bec
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo RaederUnteachableTitlebySueBee_zpsc8105448.jpg
 photo tumblr_m4j5gjeuCO1rvajq4o1_r1_500_zps1d5d8673.gif
★★★★ 1/2! Unteachable (stand-alone). Debut by Leah Raeder. Beautifully told story about a forbidden & obsessive teacher-student romance with life lessons learned!

“No pretensions of goodness, of trying to do the right thing. We’d both wanted to embrace this fucked-up thing between us.”

Unteachable, at first glance, appears to be a teacher-student romance about forbidden love… But to me it ended up being so much more than that, beautifully and effortlessly told with life lessons learned.
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Mafia Princess*
5 Unteachable Stars!!!

"Now I know," he said, touching me again, "why I was drawn to you. We have the same darkness inside,"
"Our fcuked up parents?" "Our lost childhood."

A story of forbidden love. What do you do if you met the one person who brings light to a life you been living in darkness? You grab hold and you never let go. What if it was never meant to be? Would you be able to let go?

Maise and Evan are involved in a dangerous relationship, but they can't seem to let go of each other and what
Jasmine
4.5 UNTEACHABLE STARS ★★★★☆

Once again I find myself living under a huge rock when I found out that I've never heard of this read until one of of my lovely GR buddies rec'd this one to me. I know, don't get shocked but this is actually my first real teacher/student read and after this one, I'm wondering where I've been all my life because sign me up for more!

*******

Unteachable starts off with our heroine, Mai
Lisa Jayne

NO STAR RATING FOR A BEAUTIFULLY PUT TOGETHER BOOK ...

description

Sadly this time 'unteachable' was not for me, I have refrained from rating, I don't believe in a reader rating a book unless they have finished the whole story. I felt disappointed that I was unable to finish, almost like the kid who showed up at the party not knowing it was a fancy dress theme. On the one hand The author deserves five stars for her gorgeously written book but unfortunately, me and this book were not meant to be.

'Unteachable'
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Forbidden Love, the Forever Kind Stars

"The guy and I reached for each other’s hands spontaneously and simultaneously. And I felt something I’ve never felt before. You can call it love, or you can call it freefall. They’re pretty much the same thing."

description

Love is powerful and powerless, unlimited and uncharted. It strikes you when you least expect it and when you think you don't need it, but don't be foolish. You need love. To flourish and to learn, to breathe and to live, to grow wings and let them
Anna
5 roller-coaster-ride-of-peaks-and-valleys-from-angst-HELL stars !!

You should love something while you have it, love it, fully and without reservation, even if you know you'll lose it someday. We lose everything. If you're trying to avoid loss, there's no point in taking another breath, or letting your heart beat one more time. It all ends. That's all life is. Breathing in, breathing out. The space between two breaths.

MAISE

Things I didn't expect to do my senior year:
Become a drug dealer.
Bec
Marina
“What’s it feel like?”
“Remember when you thought I was jumping off to kill myself?” He winced. “It’s like that,” I said. “But no one catches you. You’re just hanging over infinity.”

What's it feel like?
Peaking into someone's soul like this?
I'll tell you.
You wonder whether you should feel sorry for this kind of f*cked up life you had to pull through. Or thank every day for being alive while feeling alive and not just numbingly going through cinematographic cuts of your existence.

You have read
La-Lionne
***3 forbidden stars***

description

Here is the thing. I loved the book for the fact that it was a hard-to-put-it-down-er, it's fast paced and brilliantly written, I read it in one sitting with only a short nap in between :-). But, and it's a big but, I had one huge issue with the story, which was a deal breaker for me and the main reason for me giving 3 stars. I'll get back to it.

- - - WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD - - -

Maise:
Loved her at the beginning. She is funny, gritty and sarcastic. She is smart (for
Ash Wednesday
Nov 03, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers who are losing hope on the New Adult Contemporary Romance genre
11/3/13: UNTEACHABLE IS $0.99 EVERYWHERE! Grabbity grab grab!

Amazon
Nook
Kobo
Smashwords

4.5 STARS

Rambling review, I'm sorry.

I'll start off with another apology for judging this book by the sheer amount of squee-ing it got when it came out. I've been burned one too many times by this genre and I apologize for being such a snob who wouldn't have given this a go if not for reading a review by someone that is outside the typical NA fangirl clique (where I used to belong before it became a cesspool of
Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾
5 Absolutely Beautiful Forbidden Stars

"I don't know what I'm doing with you."
"That's okay, just don't stop."

Have you ever began reading a book, and just a few sentences in you knew...you just knew that this was going to be unlike anything you have ever read before? Unteachable was that book for me. I was sucked in from just the few first words, and it didn't let me up until the very last page.

To say that Leah Raedar has a gift for words and story telling would be a gross understatement. The wri
Beverly
4 Forbidden Stars

This not your typical student/teacher book...it's even better! I am a huge fan of student/teacher books - it is actually how I even found this book when I read in last year. So I started this book thinking I was going to get the same old story - lust, sneaking around, potentially the dreaded insta-love. But, no that is not what this story is about.

Unteachable has a heroine who was had to care for her own mother for years, and in my opinion she is more of a grown up then most tw
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Leah Raeder, I now down to you! Awesome! You are the queen of beautiful, al isn't lyrical writing. And a debut novel? One question, "Where the hell have you been."

Bowing gifs photo:  bowing.gif

I seriously had to force myself NOT to highlight every stinking page in this damn book! It's that good! Not all story good, WRITING good. Hats off to you!

Maise O'Malley and Evan Wilke meet at a carnival. Both facing different fears, decide to ride the roller coaster in the front seat. Maise, her dad abandoning her as a kid, also had a
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
"We have no age. We exist outside of time. We’re timeless.”

5 Shockingly forbidden stars!!

This book is beautiful. Brilliantly written and so much more.

Wow and more wow to Leah Reader for writing and sharing with us this deep captivating and forbidden book.

I went into this book with no expections and what a pleasant surprise when a book takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster which in this case we blown away from.

Maise- 18yrs old- Alone, lost...
A sad life with a crackhead mother and an absen
Jessica's Book Review

description

Unteachable is like no book I have ever read before. The premise is simple yet intriguing… a high school student meets a guy… has a one night stand… turns out the guy is her new high school teacher. I am such a sucker for forbidden romances and student/teacher affairs. I knew I would enjoy it, I wasn’t expecting to love it.

First thing first, the writing style is like something completely different and uniqu
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Veiled Innocence
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • A Different Blue
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Sex Love Repeat
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
  • The Low Notes (Wexley Falls, #1)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
LEAH RAEDER is a writer and unabashed nerd. Aside from reading her brains out, she enjoys graphic design, video games, fine whiskey, and the art of self-deprecation. She lives with her very own manic pixie dream boy in Chicago.

(And she still writes pretentiously lyrical fiction.)
More about Leah Raeder...
Black Iris Camgirl Untitled Just a Touch: The Atria Indie Author 2014 Sampler Love at First Sight: A Hot Bed Sampler

“...You should love something while you have it, love it fully and without reservation, even if you know you'll lose it someday. We lose everything. If you're trying to avoid loss, there's no point in taking another breath, or letting your heart beat one more time. It all ends." His fingers curl around mine. "That's all life is. Breathing in, breathing out. The space between two breaths.” 270 likes
“You can call it love, or you can call it freefall. They're pretty much the same thing.” 235 likes