Start by marking “Exorcist: The Beginning” as Want to Read:
Exorcist: The Beginning

Exorcist: The Beginning

Haunted by his memories of World War II, Lankester Merrin takes a sabbatical from the priesthood to lead an archaeological excavation of a mysterious Byzantine church in a remote region of Kenya, unaware that an ancient crypt beneath the church contains an unspeakable evil that is about to be unleas
Published July 27th 2004 by Pocket Star Books (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Exorcist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exorcist

ada bbrp hal yg gak enak baca buku ini:

pertama, susah juga nyari buku ini di search togle goodreads/amazon. ternyata judul buku aslinya dgn yg di indonesia beda (di sini "hell angel"). kenapa mst beda ya? emang kenapa kalo mencantumkan judul yang sama dgn aslinya. apa si penerjemah (Dina Mardiana) atau editor (Ali Yahya) nya keberatan dengan judul "exorcist"? terlalu vulgar? terlalu brutal? hmmmm..atau mungkin bahasa indonesianya utk "exorcist" terlalu aneh? (|id
Oct 21, 2015 Darnia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, 2015
Ternyataaaa...buku ini adalah buku Exorcist the Beginning, namun terbit dengan judul berbeda (pantesan nyarinya susah). Baca ini tertarik sama blurbnya. Sekali lagi, gw kira bakalan nemu kisah yg menarik semacam the Historian (harusnya pas liat covernya gw tau kalo nggak bakalan dapet yg kayak gitu. Untuk kasus ini, gw kudu lebih menilai isi buku dari sampulnya *minta dikeplak*).

Gw semacam disuguhi kisah memedi yg diperanin alm. Suzanna vs Pak Haji dengan kemasan Hollywood. Apalagi kalo menilik
Feb 09, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes horror
Recommended to Mary by: Paperback Swap
I just finished reading Exorcist: The Beginning (call it a pre-reading) last night. My daughter received it from Paperback Swap. Lancaster Merrin comes back from World War II physically and spiritually drained. He decides to take a sabbatical from the priesthood and goes far from his native Holland to Africa to excavate a Byzantine Church found buried in pristine condition on the day it was completed.

Directly beneath the Church, Merrin finds an ancient crypt and also finds himself face-to-face w
Victor Orozco
Mar 26, 2015 Victor Orozco rated it liked it
Good. I saw this on my DVD and thought it was a very good movie. Many people on the other hand felt is was gratuitous in the gore and violence department and not enough horror. Eventually I saw the alternate Director's Cut Dominion by Paul Schrader and that one bored me. So I took a look at the novelization of Exorcist the Beginning and was pleasantly amused.

The story is plenty faithful to the screenplay to Exorcist the Beginning though I did find it neat that they developed more around to what
May 14, 2010 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, horror
Bought this book on the recommendation of a customer at a book store who said it scared the crap out of her. Guess I'm not as easily frightened as some because I just didn't see what was so scary. Interesting story, I suppose, a little slow for me. I felt myself trying to rush through the story just to get it over with. Maybe my high expectations of being scared might have hindered the reading experience a little.
Nov 01, 2007 inoel rated it really liked it
I've never seen the movie.At first i even don't know that the book i read was actually "exorcist the beginning" (in Indonesia they entitled it "Hell Angel").The middle part of this book has successfully scared me to death!I love on how Piziks choose his word to create an intense -hair-raising mood. Too bad (IMO) it has a poor climax & conclusion
Atika Rachma
Jan 21, 2014 Atika Rachma rated it it was amazing
WoW. This is not a very thick adventure book, but more than enough to give me insight about the history between God, Demon and Angel. The World War II has apparently inspired many adventure writers to create such books with religion-based touch, myths, and history. A very interesting way to present the perspective of Demon about the abandonement by God.
May 01, 2007 Danielle rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to The Exorcist, as a fan of the series I found myself really enjoying it and getting lost in the pages until I had finished it. If you are a fan of the movies or of the book The Exorcist, I think you would enjoy this.
Lucky Vaunda
Jun 29, 2007 Lucky Vaunda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
An adaptation novel from the movie, The Exorcist: The Beginning. I haven't seen the movie, though, but I enjoyed reading the book.
May 16, 2012 Lenny rated it it was amazing
One of many mind chilling books that I enjoy reading from time to time. It's one of my favorites. It goes back to how this all started and happened to give you a better understanding.
Apr 22, 2010 Yanty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
legend about the beaten Satan,or Lucifer who fall from heaven after lose fight with Archangel Michael,caused disasters in Kenya
Cary rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2012
Eli Laks
Eli Laks rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Carla Demaci
Carla Demaci rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Jolee rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2009
Jessi rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Lucius rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2010
Rio Guntur
Rio Guntur rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Clark Church
Clark Church rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Richard rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Andrew Ginier
Andrew Ginier rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2013
Abdullah rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Ashley rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2013
Tanya Rivera
Tanya Rivera rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Jasmine rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2011
Amimah Halawati
Amimah Halawati rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Trish Hill-Stephens
Trish Hill-Stephens rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Gea rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Ditha Rukawa
Ditha Rukawa rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Steven Harper Piziks was born in Saginaw, Michigan, but he moved around a lot and has lived in Wisconsin, Germany, and (briefly) Ukraine. Currently he lives with his three sons in southeastern Michigan.

His novels include In the Company of Mind and Corporate Mentality, both science fiction published by Baen Books. Writing as Steven Harper for Roc Books, he has produced The Silent Empire series. He’
More about Steven Piziks...