Start by marking “AKA Shakespeare: A Scientific Approach to the Authorship Question” as Want to Read:
AKA Shakespeare: A Scientific Approach to the Authorship Question

AKA Shakespeare: A Scientific Approach to the Authorship Question

did not like it 1.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
AKA Shakespeare—comprising this book and the accompanying website—offers a do-it-yourself kit to help you solve the mystery of the identity of the Great Author who was either named Shakespeare or adopted that name as his nom-de-plume.

AKA Shakespeare develops a scientific approach to this intriguing, four-hundred-year-old question. To explain the approach and develop the n
Published February 27th 2013 by Exoscience Publishing (first published February 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about AKA Shakespeare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AKA Shakespeare

Manuel Antão
Nov 23, 2016 Manuel Antão rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Small Latin and Smaller Greek: “AKA Shakespeare - A Scientific Approach to the Authorship Question” by Peter Sturrock Published 2013.

In my day job, once in a while, especially when I’m getting my feet wet with a new client, I get emails from clients saying stuff like this: “I’m really excited to have you as my new Service Manager”. This is not much different when I get an automatic response from an internet service that goes like: “Hmm, that’s not the right password. Please try again or request
Randy
Oct 29, 2013 Randy rated it did not like it
I have no opinion on the Authorship Question... I am intrigued by the notion that de Vere wrote the plays and/or the sonnets, and it is fascinating how little information we really have about the Bard of Stratford.

So I was hoping this book would clear up matters for me. Sadly, it does not.

Instead, it is a textbook example, using the claim of "statistics" or "science" to buttress one's own biases and distortions.

The book does touch on some of the more disturbing issues and questions causing us to
MiChAeLPaUl
Jun 01, 2013 MiChAeLPaUl marked it as fini
Shelves: non-fiction, e-books
Statistical analysis contributes to the growing theory supporting a redirected view of the Authorship Question.
Ted2u2
Jan 20, 2014 Ted2u2 rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent introduction to the longstanding debate over the authorship of the Shakespearean plays. The author's special expertise in that part of statistical analysis called Bayes' theorem is indeed a highly relevant heuristic for comprehending the various strands of evidence in the debate.

The book is clearly-written, reader friendly, and appropriate for stimulating further discussion, debate and inquiry. However, some of the examples used on the Oxfordian side, for example the a
Barbara Wilson
Barbara Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Steven
Steven rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2014
Coralyn
Coralyn rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
L Joseph
L Joseph rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Umapa
Umapa is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Aditya Mallya
Aditya Mallya marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jen Locke
Jen Locke marked it as to-read
Joeydag
Joeydag marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Frank Roberts
Frank Roberts marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Gregg
Gregg marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Gaspar
Gaspar marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Spage
Spage marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Wayne
Wayne is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2016