Start by marking “Shiverton Hall: The Creeper” as Want to Read:
Shiverton Hall: The Creeper

Shiverton Hall: The Creeper (Shiverton Hall #2)

Don’t look behind you. Resist with all your power. He’ll go away, perhaps, as long as you don’t look.

Arthur Bannister is back for another term at Shiverton Hall, where eerie events are unfolding. First, a burned stranger shows up in the middle of the night uttering dire warnings. Then a young boy disappears, leaving behind only an ancient book as a clue. And then there’s
Published June 5th 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Shiverton Hall, please sign up.

Diana I hope there will be third book. Really need to know what happen next.

Book Riot Community
A middle grade book about a creepy academy in England, written by one of the stars of Call the Midwife. Who NOT FOR NOTHING studied English at Oxford.
— Alice Burton

from The Best Books We Read In February: http://bookriot.com/2016/03/01/riot-r...
Amirah A Bakar
May 18, 2016 Amirah A Bakar rated it really liked it
WILL THERE BE THE THIRD BOOK?! I WANT IT ASAP!!

That is totally different reaction than what I expected to have at the start of reading this book.

One thing I truly enjoy from this series is the various horror stories since the first book. All are creepy in their own way, some of scary enough that I know NOT to read before going to sleep. The second book is somewhat slower than the first book, with the excitement really starts during the last 25% of the book.

I also find it worrying that for both
Mel
May 13, 2015 Mel rated it it was amazing
This was so good I devoured it in a single afternoon! Quickly becoming one of my favourite series of the moment, I hope it is a long running series!
Palu
Dec 09, 2016 Palu rated it really liked it
This was such a good book. The reason I picked it up was the cover. This is the first book I read from Fennell, so I have no idea what happened in part 1. But I can honestly say, I want to read it!!!
Bruce Gargoyle
Full review at http://thebookshelfgargoyle.wordpress... (Jun 2nd)

I received a digital copy of this book for review from the publisher via Netgalley.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Despite a warning from a visually-different stranger, Arthur returns to Shiverton Hall in order to befriend an elderly lady without particularly spooky tea-time stories. Amongst other adventures, of course.

One of the reasons I love this series is that Fennell has deftly woven a bunch of original short horror tales into the main pl
Mar 08, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Such a good book!
I am thoroughly enjoying this series and cannot wait for the next one.

It is great to read such a creepy story, that is aimed for older children (and adults!), as this story really does not pull any punches with the creepiness level. The book starts by setting the spooky level high by describing what happens to a boy who sneaks into Shiverton Hall over the Christmas Holidays. Again I really enjoyed the ghost tales that appear every few chapters, this time the stories are mainly t
Jul 21, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Officially my new favourite series! The inventive twists, creepy horror stories and macabre sense of fun that made the original so special are all back; together with greater character development and a more complex, multi-layered plot. The ending is a welcome antidote to all those children's fantasy stories (much as I love some of them) where the omnipotent villain is vanquished because the hero has the Power of Love.

The gothic horror stories interspersed throughout the main narrative are most
Ellie
Aug 03, 2015 Ellie rated it liked it
After reading the first book in this series I was really excited to read The Creeper but found myself slightly disappointed as I did not find it anywhere near as dark and chilling as the one before. It was still good book and I finished it in no time but definetly preferred the first book!
Fatima Alsuwaidi
Nov 02, 2014 Fatima Alsuwaidi rated it liked it
So i ended up with the second book without getting the first one. but it was an interesting read if i was being honest.
but i don't think i'll be counting the series
but whats with that ending ??!!!
Nadhiah Aida
Aug 28, 2016 Nadhiah Aida rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
ok review ... well i don't know what to review ... i'm hoping there will be book 3 soon ... very soon

Erika-Heidi Mason
Jun 19, 2014 Erika-Heidi Mason rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is just as spine-tingling and deliciously creepy as the first book! Can't wait for the third installment!
Vincent Ripley
Vincent Ripley rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Guy
Guy rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Darren Hartwell
Darren Hartwell rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Nat
Nat rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Avleen
Avleen rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
A.H
A.H rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Laura Paton
Laura Paton rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Kellie
Kellie rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Shed Giron
Shed Giron rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Shea
Shea rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Laura Hughes
Laura Hughes rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Shivendra
Shivendra rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
jessica mcdermott
jessica mcdermott rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
  • A Tale of Two Beasts
  • Joy to the Worlds
  • Bird Cat Dog
  • The Bubble Boy
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • If It Rains Pancakes: Haiku and Lantern Poems
  • Of Better Blood
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer Complete Edition
  • Sasquatch
  • Afterworld
  • Ghost Moon Night
  • Oddest of All (Bruce Coville's Short Stories, #3)
  • The Witch's Kiss (The Witch's Kiss, #1)
  • Ben Fox: Squirrel Zombie Specialist at Your Service
Emerald is a writer and an actress (Call the Midwife). She lives in London with a very quiet ghost. She is the daughter of jewellery designer Theo and author Louise Fennell. Her sister is fashion designer Coco Fennell.

Internet Movie Database: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2193504/
More about Emerald Fennell...

Shiverton Hall (2 books)