Start by marking “Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga” as Want to Read:
Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A sure-handed fiction debut takes a darkly comic and unsettling look at the quest for adventure in exotic lands
In a last-ditch effort to save their marriage, Conrad and Lucy Shermer embark on a second honeymoon in the fashionably exotic--and politically volatile--Southeast Asian nation of Tambralinga. They soon separate, Lucy (guidebook in hand) in quest of authentic cult
Published June 23rd 2004 by Farrar Straus Giroux

To ask other readers questions about Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

James Warner
This book sucked me in from the beginning. It's really a story about divorce, conceived of as a bad vacation in an exotic but troubled land -- or a story about travel, conceived of as couples anti-therapy. If it's reassurance you're looking for, this probably won't be your book -- it's clear early on that the Shermers chose the wrong travel destination! Two tourists project their own lacks into the abyss of the Other, in this vividly real depiction of an imaginary failing state.
Chanda Nichols
This is the worst book I have ever read. I have nothing positive to say about it. The writing is horrible, the plot is terrible, the characters are not developed and you just don't care what happened. I lost hours of my life reading this book that I will never get back. Years later, my book club still agrees that this is the worst book we've ever read. Don't waste your time.
Gabrielle
This book is fucking hilarious! Highly recommended.
Vonda
Vonda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012