Start by marking “Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga” as Want to Read:
Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

A sure-handed fiction debut takes a darkly comic and unsettling look at the quest for adventure in exotic lands
In a last-ditch effort to save their marriage, Conrad and Lucy Shermer embark on a second honeymoon in the fashionably exotic--and politically volatile--Southeast Asian nation of Tambralinga. They soon separate, Lucy (guidebook in hand) in quest of authentic cult
Published June 23rd 2004 by Farrar Straus Giroux

To ask other readers questions about Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coswell's Guide to Tambralinga

James Warner
Feb 24, 2013 James Warner rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me in from the beginning. It's really a story about divorce, conceived of as a bad vacation in an exotic but troubled land -- or a story about travel, conceived of as couples anti-therapy. If it's reassurance you're looking for, this probably won't be your book -- it's clear early on that the Shermers chose the wrong travel destination! Two tourists project their own lacks into the abyss of the Other, in this vividly real depiction of an imaginary failing state.
Chanda Nichols
Aug 15, 2011 Chanda Nichols rated it did not like it
This is the worst book I have ever read. I have nothing positive to say about it. The writing is horrible, the plot is terrible, the characters are not developed and you just don't care what happened. I lost hours of my life reading this book that I will never get back. Years later, my book club still agrees that this is the worst book we've ever read. Don't waste your time.
Stephanie Pierce
Stephanie Pierce rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2010
Gabrielle
Oct 31, 2007 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
This book is fucking hilarious! Highly recommended.
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2009
MM
MM rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Cass
Cass rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2007
Brian Rothbart
Brian Rothbart rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2010
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2009
Margot
Margot added it
Jan 03, 2008
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012
Vonda
Vonda marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015