Hershey's Milk Chocolate Multiplication Book

Hershey's Milk Chocolate Multiplication Book (Jerry Pallotta Math Books)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Hershey's does it again! This tasty book by Jerry Pallotta introduces simple multiplication to children and will prove to be a multitude of fun and learning!

Learn multiplication with a yummy Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar! With its 3 horizontal rows and 4 vertical columns--totaling 12 sections in all--children can easily begin to understand the concept and process of multipl...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Cartwheel

Jenny D
Jun 23, 2011 Jenny D added it
Shelves: ece-6391-6392
This book uses only a thin plot to teach students about the concept of multiplication. However, it uses candy bars, which can keep students engaged. A center that could go with this book would use copies of chocolate bars (to avoid getting too messy with actual chocolate). Have students use chocolate bars to show different multiplication sentences. Especially, let them discover the multiplication properties using the candy bars. At the end of the activity, bring the group back together and show...more
Katie Jackson
This book does a good job of showing multplication by using hershey bars. Children love chocolate and this would be good for children to understand their multiplications if the children are able to eat the candy at the end. I would use this book in the classroom as a group lesson over multiplication.
Melissa Sommer
This book teaches multiplication by using candy as a visual. I think this will be a great book to use when I become a teacher. The kids can relate to the book because of the candy bar. Also, the book is a great tool to use if you actually give the children candy bars.
Shelbi Bishop
This book does a good job of showing multiplication by using Hershey bars. Using this book would be great because most students love chocolate and you could use as an edible manipulative.

I would use this book in the classroom as a group lesson over multiplication.
Kelsey Nauert
A fun way to teach multiplication and division using a popular candy bar. This will engage students and help them understand these concepts. I would use this for math obviously.
Ashley
Nov 03, 2008 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teachers of grades 3-5
This would be a great book to use with 3-5 grades to introduce multiplication. Kids could be paired up in groups to play with their own chocolate bar.
Olivia
I read this book in second grade and it really helped me.
For grades 2 to 4.
Ellen
Ellen added it
Nov 01, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Hollie Zabroski
Hollie Zabroski marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Janet
Janet added it
Jun 29, 2013
Deborah Rogers
Deborah Rogers marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Georgina Ng
Georgina Ng marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Jenny
Jenny added it
Feb 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...
Apple Fractions The Icky Bug Alphabet Book Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight? Hershey's Fractions A Giraffe Did One