Start by marking “Corr Syl the Warrior” as Want to Read:
Corr Syl the Warrior

Corr Syl the Warrior

Corr Syl the Warrior by Garry Rogers is a young-adult science-fiction novel that is the first of a series of stories about a young rabbit descendent who has decided to become a warrior. As the story begins, Corr Syl is well past the end of his twelve years training and he is dying for a vacation.
But he hasn’t left because he is falling in love with another young warrior,
Library Binding, 262 pages
Published May 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 22nd 1)

Louise Wise
Sep 22, 2013 Louise Wise rated it really liked it
I don't like fantasy and when I received this book for review I was going to turn it down, but the cover was interesting. Is that an elderly man overlooking Earth? He's a warrior, I got that from the title, so I would expect a fantasy about warring people, maybe over a kingdom or something. The title is plain: Corr Syl the Warrior and seemed childish in its simplicity. The blurb introduces me to the main character, Corr Syl, who is a young warrior signed to investigate the Danog group who is com ...more
Claire Amber
Jul 19, 2013 Claire Amber rated it really liked it
This book is a really nice short read. It has a nice, creative premise that talks about how much damage we are doing to the earth. It has cool action scenes and a few interesting side plots to go along with it. There is nothing much that I can say about this book regarding flaws. It has a few of them, but for the most part, it is enjoyable and quite fair. It does its job to send an ecological message across well. I really like how the writer makes an effort to explain the science and the way the ...more
Jonel Boyko
Jul 21, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it
This is a very well written and entertaining read. It is a fun, light read that you find yourself pulled further and further into. It is a unique story that you get caught up in. Rogers takes his time telling this story, filling his audience in on the history of the land and characters. This novel is also quite geographically diverse. Rogers uses his way with words to describe this land in a manner that you can see it in your mind’s eye.

Rogers has a large, well developed cast of very diverse ch
Paula Haubrich
Sep 24, 2013 Paula Haubrich rated it it was amazing
Garry Rogers has created a world so appealing to imagine! His characters are engaging, the setting and story line are intriguing. An alternate world which I will happily return to when the sequels appear!
BozBozo
Jun 08, 2013 BozBozo rated it it was amazing
Unique and highly original. It drew me in and was difficult to put down, encouraging the reader to finish it in one sitting.
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
For this review and more, visit Such A Novel Idea.

Corr Syl is one of the more interesting books I've read this year. The premise isn't unlike many fantasy books: a young warrior has to defend his homeland, mixed in with some adventures and battles. The book was highly thought-provoking and engaging, and although it isn't for everyone, it is something I rather enjoyed.

Within this story, there are two life groups: those descended from humans and those descended from animals and other species found
Sharon Stevenson
Jun 29, 2013 Sharon Stevenson rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for honest review. 'Corr Syl The Warrior' is a story of an impending war and one warriors quest to prevent this.

This was a really unusual read! For one thing the Tsaeb are descended from animals which I was not expecting from simply reading the synopsis. I found it took me a while to get into it as I was thrown by this revelation and then uncertain about the tone being set. I wasn't sure what age-range it was aimed at as it felt like a strange choice of characters
Suzanne
Jun 23, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it
Enter a parallel Earth where the animals, birds, butterflies and spiders (Tseab) have evolved and are intelligent. They think and act like humans (Danog). The Tseab and the Danog live on opposite sides of the border. Tseab are homeschooled and they work at things they're good at (volunteering rather than being hired). They live off the land so they have no need for money. The Danog go to school, work when they're hired, and they require money to pay for food and clothing.
I gave this book only 3
Annie
Jan 28, 2017 Annie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for providing this copy in exchange for an honest review!

I was fascinated by everything about this book. The world created, the civilization of animals, their entire society. The thought-streams - I admit, that was too much for my little human brain. There were definitely times with this book that I just didn't want to stop reading, but I had to. And that is always a good thing!

That I ended up not finishing this book, and had to give it the one-star-rating, is more due to me
Kristen P
May 01, 2015 Kristen P rated it it was amazing
This was a really engaging and suspenseful tale that has surprised me with its depiction of animals as intelligent. I’ve never really considered such a concept, and to see it made into a whole book was a captivating experience that has truly expanded the realms of my imagination. The dialogue and the setting was unique and enjoyable. Highly recommended.
Emily L.
Apr 28, 2015 Emily L. rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the fast paced story of this book, and the fantasy setting where animals are very intelligent was so intriguing to follow. A truly fun novel that offers a positive theme and an interesting set of characters that really made me want to read it all in one setting. Futuristic and uplifting, it definitely offers something new in the genre. Well worth the read.
Diego Moreno
Jun 01, 2013 Diego Moreno rated it liked it
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway of first reads.

I liked the book but I wanted to know more about some characters.
And there were missing some quotation marks throughout the book.
Rita
Jul 29, 2013 Rita rated it did not like it
não terminei
Best Indie Book Award
Dec 09, 2016 Best Indie Book Award rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biba-winner
Winner of the Best Indie Book Award!
Gary Blair
Jun 01, 2013 Gary Blair rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite genres and this book is one of the reasons why
Garry Rogers
May 24, 2013 Garry Rogers added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kirsty
Jun 03, 2013 Kirsty marked it as to-read
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. Review to Follow.
Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Jonathan Oag
Jonathan Oag rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2013
Carol Ann
Carol Ann rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2013
Pat Frayne
Pat Frayne rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Boz Stangor
Boz Stangor rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2015
Kate Robinson
Kate Robinson rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Sharah McConville
Sharah McConville rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2015
Kent Monken
Kent Monken rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Amber  Danette
Amber Danette rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Sci-fi and Heroic...: Debut Novel 3 20 May 26, 2013 12:57PM
  • Jinnie Wishmaker
  • Disappearing in Plain Sight
  • The Funny Adventures of Little Nani
  • BORN IN SIN (Dacian Legends)
  • If I Had My Way
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles)
  • Assassin's Reign (Civil War Chronicles #4)
  • Outriders
  • Hold Still Please
  • From Knowledge to Revelation: My Testimony of God's Mercy and Grace
  • Keeper of Reign (Reign #1)
  • Growing The Money Tree
  • Cheetaka, Queen of Giants
  • The Ride
  • Strings of Milo
  • The Mark of Man
  • His Gems Discovered
  • Greek Bonds and French Ladies
Dr. Garry Rogers writes about an Earth on which the animals are smarter than humans. He also writes nonfiction articles and books about wildlife and nature conservation. Before turning to full-time writing, he served on the faculties of UCLA and Columbia University in New York, and he served as CEO of an academic computing corporation.
More about Garry Rogers...