Start by marking “Fury of the Fifth Angel (Chronos Initiative, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fury of the Fifth Angel (Chronos Initiative, #1)

Fury of the Fifth Angel (Extermination Day #1)

The year is 2038. U.S. President Martin Diaz contracts a deadly virus that leaves him coughing up blood as he delivers his State of the Union speech to Congress. From there the virus spreads like the Wrath of God all over the planet, leaving millions dead.

Who's behind the deadly virus, the Chinese, Russians, a rogue terrorist group? Or has someone from the future sent the
Kindle Edition, First
Published May 5th 2013 by William Turnage

To ask other readers questions about Fury of the Fifth Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fury of the Fifth Angel

Bentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past by Paul CudeCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope MazzolaThe Fairfax Fix by Dorothy May MercerTaken By The Huntsman by Mistral DawnIrradiance by David Bruns
Indie Writers Unite!
154th out of 686 books — 720 voters
Hard Kill by Charlie FlowersThe Terminal Connection by Dan NeedlesThe Chimera Vector by Nathan M. FarrugiaGridlock by Alvin ZieglerShadow Catcher by James R. Hannibal
2013 Techno-Thrillers
12th out of 35 books — 60 voters

More lists with this book...

May 29, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extermination Day is a truly fast paced story with absolutely no filler "stuff" that takes up room and time to get to the 'meat' of the story. One doesn't often find a story or book like that!

People of the earth are surprised by a sudden meteor storm as well as traveling through it's dusty tail. But in doing so, the tail leaves a deadly virus on the earth. About an hour after the earth passes thought the tail, people start getting sick--very sick-- and begin to die horrible deaths. The only peop
Rick Fisher
Excellent story. Packs a real punch. This one is super exciting. Has all the nuances of several different genres. End of world Apocalypse, time travel, flesh eating nanoviruses/nanobots, political spies and intrigue. Its all here.
This one is super fast paced. It starts with a bang and keeps on moving. There are so many twists and turns keeping the readers head spinning trying to figure out what's going on. It keeps you guessing right up until the end. And, I guess, right on into the sequel. Whi
Aug 07, 2015 Kira rated it really liked it
Shelves: apocalyptic, drama, sci-fi
This was a quick, enthralling read. There were a few errors int he text but otherwise it was fine. A very plot driven novel about a deadly nanovirus and the possibilities of time travel. The first half of the book was fantastic. But I felt the second half was a bit rushed with lots of action. A few open ended questions were raised that I would have liked to see resolved. I will read book two and hope I get them then.
Procrastinador Diletante
Se calhar sou eu que sou picuinhas mas há certas coisas que me chateiam. Uma delas são cenas de acção militar escritas por autores que nem sequer se dão ao trabalho de investigar de onde é que um determinado helicóptero pode disparar mísseis. Neste caso temos um Black Hawk a disparar mísseis não das asas, mas sim da parte de baixo da fuselagem...

Mas os problemas do autor não ficam só por aqui. Para ele todos os políticos poderosos trazem uma amante incluída - é o Presidente dos EUA? Claro que te
Oct 02, 2014 G.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a little bit to warm up to the story because this book is a perfect example of plot-driven story; I didn't get attached to the protagonist. In fact, I was even a bit puzzled about who he/she could be.

Let me explain. This is an apocalypse/time travel novel with a deadly virus that wiped practically the entire planet, so until we get far into the story, we don't know who is going to live or die, which, for the genre, is a good thing. It keeps you on your toes. At some point, I almost wo
Michel Clasquin-Johnson
A mashup of military sf, apocalypse (nanobots, not zombies, for a change) and time travel. Wait a minute, That sounds familiar. And indeed, towards the end one character does transform into a schwarzenegger clone. Dare we say Terminator?

The main characters are flat and instantly forgettable, but the author does manage some poignant moments with minor characters. Just before he kills them off. Other characters appear in a bewildering variety of time-shifted guises.

A major letdown is that by the
Oct 03, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be pretty heavy on the tech talk at the beginning and a little difficult to follow but once you get into the meat of the story, it is a pretty entertaining read. The characters are believable and well developed. The time travel aspect is interesting but can leave you scratching you head a little. All in all, it was still a fast read with lots of action and some pretty scary villains. I will definitely check out the sequel, because the story, as it is written, is designed for ...more
Oct 18, 2014 Nicko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this was not a bad read at all. I recommend this to anyone who wants to read a fast paced scifi novel about apocalyptic events and time travel.

Here's why it lost one star: The book's version of time travel does not subscribe to Einstein's theory of multiple universes. Therefore once a change happens in the past the future timeline gets erased and re-written with the new variables. At one point one of the main characters in the book is hopeful that his actions have saved his children. However,
May 17, 2016 TheKrazySheep rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned, _borrowed
Abandoned on 4/12/16

Spoilers? Maybe?
I admit, I only made it 3-4 chapters into this book, perhaps it got better?

All the male characters so far were misognistic assholes who seemed to have serious virgin/whore complexes about women, or god-complex scientists. The female characters were worse - mere caricatures of women (the hot intern, the brainy hot scientist who spills all the CLASSIFIED SECRETS!). I'm not sure how we were supposed to sympathize with them.

Bonus, apparently the entire human rac
Lawrence Brennan
Mar 24, 2015 Lawrence Brennan rated it it was amazing
Very good book

The only thing wrong with this book was it's length. It was entirely too short. I'm not one for a lot of sci fi but after reading the Game of Thrones novels, a genre I also do not care for, and after loving the series to date, have challenged myself to get out of my book comfort zone of true crime, police procedural and mystery novels. Thus landing myself here, having hopes that all sci fi end of the world type novels are like this. I won't ruin anything from this book, the descrip
Roshani Hingorani
Jun 22, 2013 Roshani Hingorani rated it really liked it
When the opening scene of a novel, set in the year 2038, begins by describing the US President busy in the Oval Office preparing a speech, it surely commands attention and you expect nothing short of an excellent story to begin with.

Fury of the Fifth Angel, a science fiction thriller, is a highly action-packed novel with many intense and surprising events which amaze with the turn of each page. The human race is in an unprecedented danger of annihilation. And no, not due to a nuclear war or a
Rachel Hazlewood
Oct 26, 2015 Rachel Hazlewood rated it it was amazing
Excellent find

A fabulous twist on the usual post apocalyptic story. A meteor cloud causes all people in the world to die within one hour but the government have a secret time machine. Yes it's far fetched but not beyond the realm of believability. Thankfully the science isn't too overwhelming and its easily followed. I really hope the follow up is as good.
Jett Cat
Nov 02, 2014 Jett Cat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast paced story! I love paradox the ed books, and this one is written in a highly understandable way. Not being an expert on physics or time, I found the descriptions of timelines, paradoxes, and such to be easy to grasp, in concept.
I look forward to reading further into the series and find out just how this tangled web was woven!
The Haunted Reading Room  [#VoteCthulhu Why Choose the Lesser Evil?]

This is a 12-star novel in my estimation, filled with thrill-a-moment action, adventure, and gore, with an estimable, unexpected premise and a truly creative way of working it through. If you like your apocalypse full--bore and implacable, do not miss EXTERMINATION DAY and its sequel. It might just keep you sleepless with anticipatory fear.
Riki Solanen
Jul 24, 2014 Riki Solanen rated it it was amazing
The thing that impressed me the most about this book was the realistic way that people behaved. For instance, in a world doomsday scenario the people safe underground lose communication with the surface so many of them question if there's even a crisis and resist being quarantined. When a group of people need to leave a safe place and there's not enough hazmat suits to go around, they draw straws for some of them. Then the richest try to buy the suits..... as if the money is going to be any use ...more
Ryan Burt
The human race is almost wiped out in an attack. Almost wiped out but the few survivors at in a desperate battle to change the extermination of the human race. It comes down to Project Chronos is our last chance. Will their plan work or we all die?

I liked the idea of this book but ti dragged a bit in the middle and the end left me wanting something more. Still entertaining.
Mar 28, 2014 Eric rated it really liked it
Pretty good

Pretty good

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. the pace was good and the character development was decent. I will probably pick up the next book down the road.
Jul 14, 2013 Brandon rated it it was amazing
Rating: 9.0/10.0

Review: This sci-fi thriller was beyond my expectations. It takes a lot of work to get to the point of near perfection, and author William Turnage did it. The story kept me so engaged that I would dream about it. At 267 pages short, I wanted more. I was very happy to hear there is a second book coming and cannot wait to read it. I recommend this book for ANY sci-fi fan or thrill fans! Congrats Mr. Turnage with a very well thought out book! I love the new cover and title! (Old tit
A. Hunt
Mar 04, 2015 A. Hunt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. There was a bit of technical jargon, but it was necessary to explain the story. There were paradoxes and confusion, gore and lots of action.
Ami Chancellor-Phillips
As much as I wanted to love this book, I just didn't. It felt repetitious by the end.
Bonnie Calhoun
Nov 09, 2014 Bonnie Calhoun rated it liked it
The premise is okay. The story was interesting enough to keep me turning pages, and I did bu the next book to see how it turned out. Characters are interesting.
Enjoyed this book even if it was a bit gruesome in parts. Makes me wonder whether AI is such a good thing after all ...
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Monique marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Joseph Fusco, Sr.
Joseph Fusco, Sr. marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
M Lewicki
M Lewicki marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Kristine S
Kristine S marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Lindsay Smith
Lindsay Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Lance rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Chele marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Fringe Fiction: Extermination Day 1 6 Dec 08, 2014 05:26PM
  • Category Five: A Novel (Donovan Nash Series)
  • Passage Graves
  • The Temporal Knights
  • The Darkness of Shadows
  • Monte Vista Village (The Survivor Diaries #1)
  • After The Fires Went Out: Coyote (After The Fires Went Out, #1)
  • Publishing: A Writer’s Memoir
  • Bone Wires
  • After the Plague (Humanity Gone, #1)
  • Offworld (Dangerous Times, #1)
  • Trapped
  • The Clockwork Cathedral (The Time Corps Chronicles #1)
  • Came a Shadow
  • Identity X
  • Cult
  • Binary Cycle: Disruption (Binary Cycle, #1)
  • Hens and Chickens (The Sovereign Series, #1)
  • The Bleeding Room
William Turnage has hiked through the jungles of Colombia and climbed the mountains of Peru to the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu. He has sand boarded down giant sand dunes in South America and skied through the Italian and Austrian Alps. He competed in a Toughman boxing contest, and has achieved the rank of second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

In 2008 he left a high stress job in investme
More about William Turnage...

Extermination Day (2 books)
  • Nanoswarm (Extermination Day, #2)