Start by marking “Carlyle's Crossing” as Want to Read:
Carlyle's Crossing

Carlyle's Crossing

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Jubal is the last Carlyle, and lives near Seattle, far away from his Abenaki ancestors. A letter from a lawyer draws him and his best friend, Sal, to Vermont and the town of Whitewater. Soon they are right in the middle of the old conflict that drove Jubal's parents away just before his birth.

Whitewater is suffering and not just from the economic downturn. Unleashed by on
Published September 13th 2013 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Carlyle's Crossing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carlyle's Crossing

Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Jubal has always been different, he has been able to see ghosts ever since he was a child but he doesn't really have a clue about his heritage, his Abenaki heritage, and he soon discovers that his gift is much more important than he thought. A letter from a lawyer and a persistent spirit has Jubal and his best friend, Sal, heading for Whitewater and answers and they discover a family history and an old man with an obsession. Sal is just along for th
Kassa
DNF

Although I like several books Quinton has done, I couldn’t get through this one. I took the chance on it even though it was from TEB, which I generally stay away from. The story should be fine and it has all the necessary elements but it just bored me. There’s no tension, no action, no real purpose to the story. Actually it does have a purpose but the book and characters are taking their sweet time to getting around to it and I can’t read anymore. I made it a little over half way (pg. 110 out
R.J.
Read in one sitting! Brilliant paranormal story. Loved Jubal, loved the First Nations link to the flow of energy... recommended... RJ X
Josie Goodreads
This is a delicious paranormal story filled with mystery, danger and intrigue. I really enjoyed it. Full review coming soon
Blue Bayou .
Oct 02, 2013 Blue Bayou . marked it as dnf
Didn't make it to chapter 3. Not sure if it's me or the book. The story was boring. Could not get into the story or the characters. Might pick up and try again some other time.
Lily
3.6 stars. An engaging and action-driven plot, with a nice touch of romance, which was a bit rushed towards the end. I think a sequel might be in order.
Claire
Almost four stars. I liked this book but I needed a little more at the end. Maybe there will be a sequel?
KellyJo
KellyJo marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Dana
Dana added it
Jan 24, 2015
Normal Adjacent
Normal Adjacent marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Ramsi
Ramsi marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Dec 25, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Davina
Davina added it
Oct 18, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Chris started creating stories not long after she mastered joined-up writing, somewhat to the bemusement of her parents and her English teachers. But she received plenty of encouragement. Her dad gave her an already old Everest typewriter when she was about ten, and it was probably the best gift she'd ever received – until the inventions of the home-computer and the worldwide web.

Chris's reading
More about Chris Quinton...
Home and Heart The Psychic's Tale Game On, Game Over Starfall Aloes