Start by marking “Gravity's Got Nothing on You” as Want to Read:
Gravity's Got Nothing on You

Gravity's Got Nothing on You

Sterek
“Three weeks,” Derek says.

“Still don’t want to,” Stiles says.

“I’ll pay you,” Derek says, and that… that has Stiles interested. Alf’s Antique’s may be a great job, but it’s not a high-paying job, and half of Stiles’s tuition is coming from financial aid, so…

“How much,” Stiles asks, “are we talking here? Because I know your family, dude. And it’ll be kind of awkward af
Published January 27th 2013 by AO3

To ask other readers questions about Gravity's Got Nothing on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity's Got Nothing on You

Otila
Mar 10, 2016 Otila rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek, fanfic
I love the fake boyfriend trope. Add some magic and lots of snarky banter and you get a great read.

Nina
I loved this fic so much.
And I didn't even really like Laura.

Here's why: because Laura feels like the kind of person that I wouldn't be able to stand irl, and she gets to me because she's realistic and a fantastically well drawn character.
Just like every other character in this fic, starting with Stiles and Derek and including Scott.
(Derek feels just like a version of the TW sourwolf that actually talks. It's brilliant. And there are lines about Stiles taken straight from Derek's brain like For
Alvin
Jun 29, 2014 Alvin rated it liked it
ANOTHER NICE STEREK FANFIC.

The first 70% of the book for me were funny, hilarious, entertaining and very engaging. Stiles and Derek trying to do the fake boyfriend thing was just so hilarious. Normally when I stumble upon this kind of theme, the fake boyfriend thing, I find it cheesy and ridiculous. I mean, does someone do that in real life? But zosofi's take on it was a little refreshing. And I totally enjoyed it.

Until the last 30% came. It's not bad actually, but it's kinda dull. Their revel
Loederkoningin
It's time to read about teenage boys getting it on again and kind of getting off on it, possibly. Wack. Whatever, I'm comfortable in my creepiness.

2.5 With a trope like this, you can't go wrong. And yet I didn't enjoy this fic as much as I'd hoped I would. It's true that Zosofi is not a bad writer at all, but the problems I encountered in this fic were piling up. One of them mostly the common beginner mistake of a starting writer, but one that she makes with so much enthusiasm, that overlooking
Lilia Ford
Jul 27, 2016 Lilia Ford rated it it was amazing
Ridiculously well-written, with a seriously chill pacing that you really only find in fanfiction. Considering that this is AU, the entire premise is as perfect a set-up as you could find for evoking the Platonic ideal of "Sterek"--in other words, it's funny, sexy, and gets at the heart of the chemistry behind that delicious antagonism of theirs.

Bottom line: Must Read for Sterek lovers.
Vivian
Aug 22, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it
Post-graduate Sterek offering where an item Stiles runs across cause all kinds of changes in his life. Sweet and adorable, where Derek is all bark and no bite--okay, maybe a little biting.

3.5 Stars

God, that had been the most idiotic of all idiotic plans.

So really, all of this is Derek's fault, and he should make it up to Stiles in a multitude of creative ways.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 20, 2014 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, fan-fic, sterek-love
I liked the story and all that but I needed just a bit less snark and a little more sweet, especially, you know, when they should have been sweet :) I just didn't feel their voices in this one.
Rachel
Oct 20, 2016 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: sterek-read

This started off so great and carried well for about a little more than halfway and I so wanted it to work, but then I am not really sure what happened - it just became well, weird. Despite always hating the Laura character in these stories, this one had potential. For the first half of the story the dynamic between Stiles and Derek was pretty spot on in their "reluctant allies" banter. Then all of a sudden there was this weird Wiccan twist to the story that popped up as soon as the tw
Camille
Aug 09, 2013 Camille rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-rom-erotica, free
I read and rated this some time ago and somehow it disappeared.

Nonetheless, this was great! I LOVED it :-)
Karen Wellsbury
Nov 20, 2014 Karen Wellsbury rated it liked it
Shelves: sterek
Having had a good rich run of Sterek this was my first disappointment.
The fake boyfriend premise, has been done to death, but I was hoping for some sarky, witty banter as well. I got some, but it felt a little off, like trying too hard.

The characters felt slightly 'off' and adolescent, which bearing in mind Derek was 27 made it a little weird, plus there was no real reason for the fakery.

However, the build up was good, and Laura was terrific.

I may, one day, watch an episode of this !
Margaret Foxe
Another solid Sterek read. Well written, snarky to the max, well crafted AU and plot. And really hot Sterek action. I have been watching Teen Wolf, but I have to say that I think the fanfic, particularly the Sterek fanfic, is far more awesome than the actual show. Who cares about Scott and his problems? He's kind of annoying. But Derek (yum). And Stiles, oh Stiles! *Sigh*

Enough said?
Lori
Nov 29, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fan-fic
This was the perfect cute/snark balance I like in my fan fic. Happy sigh.
Trix
I feared, at first, this might get at best 3 stars from me. But it got better along the way and moved to 4 stars by the end of it.

The animosity and tension and name calling and bickering got irritating after the first few dozen pages in the book. It was hard to picture Stiles and Derek having any feelings for each other when these feelings were barely hinted at, and even then, they were lost in the maelstrom of insults thrown between the two. It felt like I needed a faniction for this fanfiction
Elle Beasee
2.5 stars...
This had endless potential but it just didn't blow me away.

It was tedious... I skimmed, I huffed, I practically fell asleep towards the end.

Too much thrown into the mix (view spoiler) but then all Sterek fics have to live up to my reigning Queen: RemainNameless...
Fifi LaFleur
Dec 08, 2015 Fifi LaFleur rated it really liked it
3.75

I like the whole magical object part but never really got into the fake boyfriend thing. It just rarely works for me. I thought they were adorable together but could have used a bit less of the obnoxious, snarky, shit-talking between them.
Eli Easton
Apr 20, 2014 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
A 'fake boyfriends' trope story with Stiles and Derek from teen wolf. It's well done and sexy. I particularly like the 'magic wolves' and levitation sub-plot. A fun read and it's free fiction. Thanks to the author.
*Lynn*
Apr 14, 2015 *Lynn* rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5*
Maygirl7
Still love. It the second time around.
Camilla
Aug 28, 2013 Camilla rated it it was amazing
A Teen Wolf, Stiles & Derek fanfic.

How the hell didn’t I know about this fic until now?!

It has all the things I love and it’s basically an 84k fic about Stiles and Derek pretending to be in a relationship, which just happens to be one of my favorite Sterek fetishes. Yes people, we’re talking ‘fetish-level’ love here.

So what I’m saying here is that it just pretty much rocked my world, ok?

It was funny, sweet, Stiles being his sarcastic self, Derek trying to be his sarcastic self (which is just
Day-thief
Re-read of first 50%: bullying your traumatized brother with supposedly good intentions is still bullying. And kind of horrific. Also, Stiles and Derek have way too much animosity between them to make the first half enjoyable.

First read in May 2014: 4 stars
Zosofi is a good author. I had fun reading her story.
Ron Bruce
Dec 02, 2015 Ron Bruce rated it it was amazing
Sterek. Wow. I've read a lot of good ones but this one is way up near the top for me.

Really well done on showing how two kind-of friends became lovers. For me this was a HEA.
Jilrene ♥
Totally adorable Sterek. I just can't get enough of Sterek. Oh, and I found this on AO3:

awesome video by His_demon
Dreamer
Jun 04, 2016 Dreamer rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A humourous well-written fanfic, perhaps a little long.
Stile's go-to seduction song - The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1G...
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
Jan 15, 2015 Adrianamae, Marco's fan rated it liked it
Shelves: stereks
3.5
Skye Blue
Loved it.
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good story. This is a Sterek fanfiction story. For those of you that don't know...Sterek fanfic is based off 2 male characters, Stiles and Derek, from the TV show Teen Wolf. In the show they're both heterosexual but some viewers have fantasized about them together in a m/m relationship and thus Sterek was born. This story doesn't take place in the TV show world but there is paranormal in the story. Derek and his family are still werewolves and Kate attempted to kill Derek's
Jerry
Silkeeeeee
This had a few problems. The MCs were supposedly around 27 years old but their personalities and the dialog made them sound and feel like they were teenagers. There is also a lot of heavy backstory, I'm guessing from another book somewhere, that does nothing to make a normal reader understand what the hell it meant. I tended to skim over all of that.
MostlyDelores
Surprisingly good. A classic romance trope that doesn't get bogged down in Big Misunderstandings with enjoyably profane banter.
Mary Mary
May 15, 2015 Mary Mary rated it really liked it
well, it was FUN! lots of FUN
it was predictable, but honestly - there is so many stories about pretend relationships that became real ones that it would be insane to expect sth else.
I loved it :)
  • Important Things
  • Crash Landers
  • Lock All The Doors Behind You
  • Electricity In the Contact
  • The Worst Thing I Ever Did
  • The Importance of Turning Around Three Times Before Lying Down
  • Every Step You Take
  • I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #1)
  • Divided We Stand (The Searching Ceremonies, #1)
  • Hide Of A Life War
  • Prince Among Wolves
  • The Boy and the Beast
  • Kaleidoscope
  • Play It Again
  • Fireman Derek's Crazy Pie
  • [Sleep]Walking After You
  • There is a Brotherhood (The Noble Tie That Binds, #1)
  • Say Something