Start by marking “Love in the Time of Zombies” as Want to Read:
Love in the Time of Zombies

Love in the Time of Zombies

Scotlyn Summerline was having a bad day even before the zombies attacked. Her diet was blown, her credit cards were all maxed out, and she was working the nightshift at a sleazy miniature golf course in Las Vegas. An army of the undead rampaging through the city is just the final proof that bad things happen to nice girls. Now Scotlyn is on the run with her irresponsible ...more
Published May 22nd 2013 by Star Turtle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Time of Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Time of Zombies

Celestine
Jun 16, 2016 Celestine rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Cassandra Gannon, and it was a fast-paced, quip-filled romp that reminded me of the TV series "True Blood" at its campiest. I only saw that show sporadically, and never read the books upon which the series was based, but that same over-the-top, gory humor and banquet of paranormal characters infuses this book. Add in zombies and the schizophrenic action doesn't stop from the minute the first "Z" lurches across the parking lot of Las Vegas's Topless Golf World.

The cheesy,
Angela James
Aug 30, 2014 Angela James rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 stars, I thought this was cute, adorable and fun. A little campy, which adds to the fun feel. I don't think this would be for everyone, but if you love Shelly Laurenston, it's probably worth a try.

Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HJ
Sep 27, 2014 HJ rated it liked it
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
2.5 stars.

Cutesy chick lit-ish type of zombie/shape-shifter/apocalypse story which would have been a bit higher rated if the editing had been a bit more thorough. Quite distracting with missing words and a plethora of typos. On the plus side of the issue, grammar was fairly acceptable.
Catriona Laurie
Jun 19, 2016 Catriona Laurie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This book popped up in my sight a few times and I always passed over it thinking nah, Zombies? Really? Soooo not interested, think I'll give it a pass. However, after thoroughly enjoying another Cassandra Gannon novel, Beast in Shining Armour, and finding guilty pleasure in yet another, Cowboy From the Future, I took a closer look, and, kinda liking what the blurb had to say, decided to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did.
First off I have to say that this book is in NO way deep or serious, unapo
Coyora Dokusho
Sep 07, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it it was amazing
Soooo I was in the middle of a spree when I read this one. NO TIME TO MAKE REVIEWS... MUST READ AS FAST AS POSSIBLE... XD

This was awesome. I love zombie apocalypses. I love shapeshifters. The two worked well together in this book. Heartwarming! Funny!!! Also, typos.
Tiffany
Standalone/Cliffhanger:; Standalone
Part of a Series/Installment: no
Epilogue Included: yes
=======================================
BOOK DESCRIPTION: Scotlyn and her boss Zeke are trapped together when zombies invade Vegas. They along with a few friends have to survive and make it to safety.
M/F-M/M-M/M/
Kelly
Feb 12, 2016 Kelly rated it liked it
I love Cassandra Gannon's A Kinda Fairytale series which is why I put this on my list. However, it was not my cup of tea. This doesn't make it a bad story.

The Zombies: This is not The Walking Dead. In fact, the Zombies are set pieces and other than a few moments in the book, they are just a looming threat. I like my zombie books to have more zombies and to be more survival oriented.

The Characters: There are vampires, shifters, werewolves, humans and others. The problem is that they didn't work i
JJH--Judy
Solid 5 stars. I really don't like to gush about books I'm reviewing, but I freakin' LOVED this story. I usually stay away from zombies--they creep me out more than any other supernatural creature, and I rarely read books with them in it. Call it "peer pressure" or whatever (thanks all in the romance forum!), but people were raving, so I figured "why not".

Very well written. Funny, snappy dialogue. Great characters--main and secondary. Fast moving, but not confusing plot. Just enough steam. No c
Terri Bell
Sep 07, 2015 Terri Bell rated it it was amazing
I rarely read romance anymore. But that title intrigued me so I gave it a try. I'm so glad that I did. This story is about two people who really love each other and are friends also. There is lots of funny interactions and I even laughed out loud a few times. Includes lots of secondary characters that are just wonderful. The only thing that I had a problem with was that someone needed to edit this book. There were alot of missing words, incorrect spelling, etc

I still highly recommend this book.
Candice Harris
Mar 29, 2016 Candice Harris rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly great. Out of the box.
I was unsure about this book ever after reading the blurb but I really did enjoy reading this book.

I would have liked to have seen a second book but Cassandra finished the story nicely and I was left feel complete at the end.
Well written and super easy to follow, was a little strange to read in the beginning and at times I felt a bit disconnected to the characters. But as I read more I enjoyed it more. The story itself was very filling with vampire, shape-shift
Valerie Childers
Aug 23, 2014 Valerie Childers rated it really liked it
I am such a zombie lover. Not like that. Ewwwwwww. But just in a general "yes I do have a zombie preparedness plan. With maps." kinda way. I also am a sucker for romantic comedies. This fit the bill to a t. Scotlyn is a precious heroine. And Zeke. Oh Zeke. Is it weird that I pictured him as a young Bruce Campbell sporting his "Burn Notice" outfits? Plus he's a Shapeshifter. Not a werewolf though, thank you so much. I highly recommend this book, and now I'm reading her others as well. So exciting ...more
Donna
Aug 30, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. It had a very unique plot and it's filled with a lot of fun characters. Zeke was such a likable hero. He has to deal with monsters trying to eat him and his crazy family driving him nuts, but he still keeps his bad boy charm. His relationship with Scotlyn is one of my favorites. I'd recommend this book to any supernatural romance fans. It has just the right amounts of zany romance and zombie action.
Mirasol Quisto
Apr 26, 2015 Mirasol Quisto rated it really liked it
It was kind of dragging to begin this book that's why I had to stopped for few days but when I pushed myself to give this a try, the book won. It eventually became a fun read. Combining zombies with some paranornal creatures - the vamps, shape shifters and werewolves, t'was mind-blowing. Though the storyline was too short that I've wanted to know more about the shapeshifters, the humurous kick of the characters had me laughing. Left me contented, well I guess because of Caleb :P
Trina
Aug 23, 2014 Trina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Highly recommended!

It is so much fun to read, I just have to give it 5 stars. I expected a 'Walking Dead' similarity but it's so much more; there's zombies (of course), werewolves, shape shifters (no, they're not anything like the werewolves), vampires...and even leprechauns (huh?).

There are a few editing errors, but nothing too distracting.
Joan
Nov 16, 2014 Joan rated it really liked it
I have to say I was a little hesitant when I first started this book I mean come on zombies in a romance novel? But I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was funny, exciting...everything I love in a book. Will definitely be checking out more from this author. If your looking for a great read then check this out.
Jai
May 27, 2013 Jai rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. Great world building and characters. Nice premise and romance. Definitely an auto-buy author for me.

Self-published author, and there are a few minor problems with homonyms. Nothing dire at all, hence the five star review.

I highly recommend this for anyone who likes their zombies and dystopias light and entertaining.
Felita Hardigaloeh
It's kind of humor and romance story.

The story used same pattern fantasy romance story. Scotlyn is Zeke's mate but before Scotlyn know, there are zombies attack.

You can say it's like a horror story, and I don't like horror story but fortunately, there 's humor between character.

3 star
Bookmonster
Mar 24, 2016 Bookmonster rated it it was ok
This was a rather amusing read. However, this book needs to go through a thorough editing process. It's riddled with typos, grammatical errors, incorrect use of punctuation and awkward phrasing. It was distracting and I couldn't fully immerse myself in the story.
Elle Rush
Aug 31, 2014 Elle Rush rated it really liked it
I'm not a zombie fan but I'll definitely recommend this book. Humorous characters, enjoyable writing style, lots of action, and a great combination of all the usual paranormal suspects mixed into a fun new combination.
Rgreader
Last week I binged on Z Nation. Got caught up on all the episodes. So I needed a zombie book fix and remembered Love in the Time of Zombies was on my wish list at amazon. I read it and loved it. Perfect read after the zaniness of Z Nation.

Jennifer Lassler
Sep 07, 2015 Jennifer Lassler rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I took a chance on a new author AND a a topic I don't usually read. I'm so glad that I did. This was a great story and I've found a new author. I hope we get Cale's story soon.
Nietra
Aug 23, 2014 Nietra rated it really liked it
This was a fun book!
Noemi Ochoa
Noemi Ochoa rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Abby Wong
Abby Wong rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Carlla
Carlla rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
Mary España
Mary España rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Maddy Wykes
Maddy Wykes rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
PinkFuzz
PinkFuzz rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2016
dml
dml rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
  • Dead and Kicking (The Harry Russo Diaries, #1)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Binding Spell (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms #3)
  • TerrIIItory (Territory, #3)
  • The Witch, the Wolf and the Vampire, Book 2 (The Witch, The Wolf and The Vampire, #2)
  • The Witch's Daughter (Rune Alexander, #7)
  • Faerie Magic (The Changeling Chronicles, #2)
  • Divine Scales (Blood Prince, #4)
  • Cry Wolf (Shifted, #6)
  • A Little Street Magic (Discord Jones #6)
  • Gathering Storm (Knights of Black Swan, #5)
  • Fire of Stars and Dragons (Stars and Souls #1)
  • Farewell to the M.B.R.C.? (Magical Beings' Rehabilitation Center, #2)
  • Nether (Hidden, #5)
  • Dark and Damaged: Eight Tortured Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • The Snow Queen's Captive (Once Upon a Time Travel, #3)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)