Start by marking “Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights, #1)

Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights #1)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  1,615 Ratings  ·  192 Reviews
"I am certain, without any doubt, she was meant to be in my life. We belong to each other. I spent too much of my time consumed with what everyone else thinks of my feelings for Darcie, but the truth is, it was always supposed to be this way." ~Reggie Evans

Darcie Claiborne spent several years of her young life living with a monster, always fearing what he would do next. Cl
Published June 6th 2013 by Createspace (first published June 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Scarred Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarred Love

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
Okey dokes! DNF!

Next time I'll get the sample first! I don't normally do this, but if you were gonna read this, save yourself the trouble and don't! Felt like I was reading about a bunch of juvenile deliquents! On to the next great read!
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Hmmmmm. My thoughts? A little disturbing. (And not in a suspenseful, thrilling kind of way) A little WTH did I just read? A little This-Girl-Has-About-Three-Brain-Cells-And-That's-Being-Generous. And finally, this Hero ain't winning no "parent" of the year award. This book did not work for me. "Why?" you ask?

*knuckles crack*
*head rolls*
*deep breath*

Darcie comes from an extremely effed up childhood that includes severe physical abuse, mental abuse, neglect, drug addicted mother, and nearly sexu
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Solid 2 Stars

Yeah, this is me right now
 photo 252.gif

This book was so frustrating for me. The last 2 chapters it seemed to try to make sense of the jumbled mess you have experienced before that. But sadly it still was not enough to redeem it.

The prologue I have to say is the best semi-chapter written in this entire story. It sets you up nicely while keeping you completely intrigued, eager to know what will come of this young woman and her journey.

Then what immediately follows is a Tsunami of dysfunction that
Kristin Campbell
Aug 29, 2013 Kristin Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, cd_authors
If the beautiful cover doesn't suck you in, the twisted prologue will. This story was fantastic! I recommend it to everyone. Seriously. It was so well written, so emotional, dark, hopeful...

I was really surprised to find this was this author's first book; it's just so good!

Like I said the prologue itself will drag you in; it's dark, sad and just sucks you in.

The characters aren't your typical characters. The main character is a fighter, literally. She's a tough girl with an attitude and will ki
Vanessa
Jul 05, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was ok
Let me start off by saying I was extremely intrigued by the premise of this book. Call me anti-feminist but I like the idea of a knight in shining armor that comes to a girls rescue. I'm especially interested in abuse stories for some twisted reason. After reading the first couple chapters, I was hooked. Darcie grows up to be a tough girl with a smart mouth, which I like (I guess that's the feminist part of me speaking). She is surrounded by guys who love her and take care of her and who have ...more
Roni Guzman
Jun 22, 2013 Roni Guzman rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh this book was so emotional for me. The main character Darcie is one of the strongest female characters I have ever read. The abuse she suffered was unimaginable and so hard to read about. Her savior Reggie is truly her knight in shining armor. He takes care of his three younger siblings at such a young age and was their only legal guardian when their mom dies. One of the siblings by the name of Drake was abandoned by his parents and left alone in the world, and they took him in. This ...more
Aug 11, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Yay, my first "real" book cover!!

You guys will love Darcie's story :)
P.A. Warren
Jun 08, 2013 P.A. Warren rated it it was amazing
WOW,WOW,WOW.What an amazing story.This is the Story of Darcie and Reggie.Darcie has a childhood of Horrors and Reggie rescue's her from those horrors and takes her in.As she grows she finds loving Reggie is something that she cannot deny.Reggie is literally her Knight in shining armor.
I am amazed By M.S. Brannon,Scarred Love is her Debut Novel and she writes like a season writer.It's a wonderful,gritty story.Darcie isn't the sweet girl most characters nowadays are but she is a in your face,Don
Alizon
Sep 01, 2013 Alizon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
I'm not usually speechless at the end of a book. I will have a ton of things to say about what I liked, what I didn't like and everything in between. However, I was in awe as I finished that last page...it took me a while to be able to wrap my head around just how to review this story.

The characters are beautifully broken survivors, and the story gives you a look at not only how they are surviving, but it also gives glimpses into what broke them in the first place. While some of that past is twi
seton
Jun 09, 2013 seton rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: only if you're desperate
Shelves: zzzzz, na-ya
Genre: New Adult
Tropes: Child abuse, older hero (he's 27, she's 17)

Debut novel. Amateurish writing.
As expected from self-pub, misspellings and bad grammar abound.
Anncleire
Aug 12, 2013 Anncleire rated it really liked it
Blog Tour on my blog August 12th
Review + Except

I hear the key unlock the handcuffs and my arms and feet are finally free, but I keep my focus on his blue irises. The small pang of relief subsides as I look at this stranger and I know in this moment he’s my protector. The one person who would keep me safe from the hell that exists in this world. Weakly, I pull myself to my elbows and whisper, “Are you…my knight in shining armor?”

“Scarred Love” è capitato co
Tracey (YA Book Addict)
Jan 09, 2014 Tracey (YA Book Addict) rated it really liked it
Monsters tend to harbor the same cold look in their eyes. Located just behind the colored irises, lies a creature of pure evil and hate. They lurk in the shadows of their intentions, waiting for the right time to strike and then, they take the soul of their prey.

Darcie Claiborne has had a life filled with so many horrible events that it's any wonder she is able to move past it and have any sort of normal life. Terror and darkness were a part of her everyday life. But one day she is rescued b
Night Owl Reads
For 8 long months, Darcie Claiborne was left in an abandoned house owned by her step-father, Robert Stein, tortured, beatened and handcuffed to a filthy bed and laying half-naked in her own urine.

One night while out for a run, Reggie hears screams from an abandoned house, runs in and what he finds he never expected.

3 years later, Darcie lives with 4 men who became a part of her life, one of them being the man who saved her from her step-father, Reggie, her Knight and Shining Armor.

At 17, she f
Mya A.
Jun 18, 2013 Mya A. rated it it was amazing
This book was the exact opposite of boring. I love loved it. I was always wanting to know what happens next... I can not wait for next one. I am 100% loving the weighting and the conflict and the bad a**ness of the man character Darcie.
Tia
Jun 09, 2013 Tia rated it liked it
This was just okay for me. There as just something that prevented me from totally liking the novel. I'm not too sure what it was exactly.
GeNette
Jun 30, 2013 GeNette rated it liked it
I just don't know, I can't figure out if I Ike this are not,,,,
Tiffany
Jul 13, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Meganm922
Jul 29, 2013 Meganm922 rated it really liked it
Review originally published at Love, Literature, Art, and Reason book review blog.

Scarred Love was a surprisingly gritty and haunting NA/Upper YA contemporary romance. The love story was atypical and therefore less predictable. I enjoyed the book quite a bit and flew through it in a matter of hours.

The narration bounced back and forth between Darcie and Reggie, though Darcie narrated most of the novel. Her tragic situation at the beginning of the novel ended at the age of 14 and then the narra
Tiffany Readz
Jan 11, 2014 Tiffany Readz rated it really liked it
Shew wee this book starts out dark and this poor girl never really catches a break throughout the rest of the story. I found some parts a bit much, however it did add to the overall dramatics.

After her mother dies when she is fourteen, Darcie has been at the mercy of her evil stepfather all alone for the past three years. Abuse from him is nothing new, however being locked away in a run down house for the last eight months is. She has had enough one day and finally after her stepfather leaves, s
preppea
SCARRED LOVE is a beautiful, tragic love story with a hard-won happily ever after.

Darcie and Reggie had so many obstacles but the one constant was their trust in each other. Darcie had a horrifying past and owes her present to Reggie, her knight in shining armor.

Reggie wants Darcie to have the best future, even if it means he doesn’t get to be a part of it. Out of concern for Darcie’s best interests, he pushes her away.

SCARRED LOVE started off with a bang with a horrifying glimpse into Darcie
Kandice Dover
Dec 31, 2013 Kandice Dover rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Darcie Caliborne has lived in hell all her life. Constantly looking over her shoulder looking for the monster behind her, afraid of making a move. But things go from bad to worse when Darcie's mom dies. Blamed for her mothers death, the monster she's feared roars its ugly head again. But one last attempt at fighting saves Darcie's life.

Reggie Evans grew up too fast when his mom overdosed, taking on the responsibility of raising his brothers. Then he saves Darcie. And everything else doesn't see
Shelley
Feb 28, 2014 Shelley rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention right from the first page!! It is a very emotional story and deals with abusive situations. It was easy to be pulled into the character's lives. To say that Darcie had a tough life would be an understatement. Left to live with her abusive step-father after her mother died of an overdose, she suffered severely at his hands. Reggie Evans saves her one night from her personal hell. She ends up living with him and his three brothers at their house...I love the Evans ...more
Roseanna Mcclain
Jan 18, 2014 Roseanna Mcclain rated it it was amazing
What a story! From the first sentence, this story drew me in and didn't let go til the end.

We meet Darcie, she is a broken girl that has been through a lot. She is a tough girl and a fighter. I don't want to give any of the book away, but what she went through and the strength that she had after it says a lot about her.

Reggie is her knight and shining armour. He help Darcie when she needed it the most and has been in her life every since. They struggle with the feeling that they start to have fo
Margaret Tidwell
Jul 29, 2013 Margaret Tidwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Scarred Love by M.S. Brannon was a interesting read for me. Had I not been sent this book to review it isn't something that I would have picked up on my own but that being said I really did enjoy the book and it made me think. While I was reading it I had to wonder how often in America does something like this really happen. I haven't really talked about my childhood on this blog but I understood all to well how Darcie felt at times and at other times I was annoyed by her. I think the author did ...more
ML Pahl
Jan 31, 2014 ML Pahl rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down once I started it. Loved the characters and the back story. Great development through out entire book. It kept me hooked from the very beginning. Did I mention that I loved Reggie! and Darcie, and the twins Jake and Jeremy.And the heart stopper Drake. Can. Not. Wait. for what's next in the Sulfur Heights Series.
She Picked This Book
Another situation where I act against my better judgement and fall for the blurb of the book. This one was an alright read. Not great, not bad just good. A bit predictable at times unfortunately. I saw the ending coming a mile away.
Dena
Feb 10, 2014 Dena rated it really liked it
This is an extremely intense emotional story about a subject that many people don't know. Darcie is fearless, loyal and feisty. I am absolutely in love with the characters and the story is just intense.
Jennifer Smith
Oct 09, 2013 Jennifer Smith rated it really liked it
I give it a solid 4.5 Amazing teary stars!!!!
Farrah
Jul 20, 2013 Farrah rated it really liked it
Dark, emotional, and full of intense romance, this book was a heavy read. And I really enjoyed it. Scarred Love is the kind of book that makes you feel for the characters and get drawn into their world. It was a wonderful read.

This book isn't for the faint of heart. The themes of abuse, mental and physical, and rape play huge roles in this book. I thought it was treated with respect and was incorporated smoothly into the story, instead of seeming like the elephant in the room. So, I appreciate t
Books Movies Fandoms
Dec 26, 2013 Books Movies Fandoms rated it really liked it
Star Rating is: 4 out of 5 stars! :)

My Blogging Reader's Review for "Scarred Love"(shared via my blog: (via: BooksMoviesFandoms.wordpress.com)

Where do I begin with the review for ‘Scarred Love’? The story was a great story, very dark and yet captivating in it’s own way. You can’t help but sympathize for ‘Margaret’ Darcie Claiborne-Stein in the story as the main character who is both heroine and victim, depending what chapter you are reading. The main character Darcie aka Margaret is raised by he
  • Be Here Now
  • Tragically Flawed (Tragic, #1)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Runaway Ride: Alpha Bad Boy Biker and MC Romance Box Set
  • Chaotic (Imperfection, #1)
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • Falling in Silence
  • Trust Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #1)
  • My Sweet Escape (Touched by an Angel, #1)
  • I Breathe You
  • Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1)
  • Saving Georgia
  • Absolutely Unforgivable (Absolutely Unforgivable, #1)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Remembering Us
  • All for Maddie
M.S. Brannon was born and raised in the Midwest. She still resides there today with her wonderful husband and son. When she is not writing or reading, M.S. Brannon spends time with her family, watching movies, and discovering new music. She writes romance because she believes love and heartache is the rawest emotion one can experience.

More about M.S. Brannon...

Sulfur Heights (6 books)
  • Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights, #2)
  • Blind Love (Sulfur Heights, #3)
  • Surviving Love (Sulfur Heights, #4)
  • Redeemed Love (Sulfur Heights, #5)
  • Everlasting Love (Sulfur Heights, #6)

“I am certain, without any doubt, she was meant to be in my life. We belong to each other. I spent too much of my time consumed with what everyone else thinks of my feelings for Darcie, but the truth is, it was always supposed to be this way." ~Reggie Evans” 5 likes
“It took Reggie, Drake and myself to peal Jake away from the driver who was left in a bloody heap in his front seat.” 0 likes