Start by marking “Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)

Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch #1)

After taking a job on a quiet Montana dude ranch, ex-cop Rylan Frederickson finds herself surrounded by unbelievably sexy cowboys. Too bad the one she wants is her boss...and the single dad of a four-year-old. It doesn’t matter anyway, because after a recent tragedy, there’s simply no more room in her heart.

Letting a new woman into their life is the last thing Cole Haywood
Published October 14th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tempting the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting the Cowboy

Oana
Sadly, I notice that mine is the sole bashing review this book got til date, so I believe maybe I am to blame for not liking it, not the story itself. Oh, well.

The main reason why I disliked this book so much was the writing, build exclusively on tells, never on shows, akward at best and plain bad at worst, and filled with misplaced metaphors, all borderline laughable.

Her nipples pebbled against him hard enough that he could feel it through the layers of clothing between them. Ice and fire dec
Claire Robinson

HOT COWBOY ALERT!

Tempting The Cowboy is the first book in the Paint River Ranch series, and my first book by Elizabeth Otto.

There wasn’t a thing I didn’t like about this book. What with 3 cowboy brothers, Cole, Tucker and Levi (in the Marines right now), A cute 4 year old called Birdie, and a kick-ass heroine called Rylan, it was the perfect ‘curl up and read until the end’ book for my bank holiday weekend.

”So you ride?” ... “Western saddle, I hope?”
“Yeah, but truthfully, I prefer bareback.”

He w
Laurelin Paige
Sep 25, 2013 Laurelin Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With today's abundant selection of romance reads, Tempting the Cowboy is a gem in a crowded market. Otto's writing is alive and her talent to paint a picture with words is truly admirable. The story is packed with vivid characters, sassy humor, and hot sex. And have your tissues ready because you're likely going to shed a few tears. Did I mention the hot sex? Seriously, steamy.I didn't know I had a thing for cowboys until I met Cole Haywood. Wait til you see what he can do on a horse. Definitely ...more
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

I've been obsessing over cowboys for the past couple of days for some unknown reason....And I am so glad that I came across this read in my craving. This was adorable in all the traditional romantic ways – with a cute and sexy romance right to the ex-wife drama. The feel-good ambiance that is so familiar about contemporary romance is a comfortable welcome, and the perfect element in creating this nice, purely fun book.

The one great thing about light contemporaries is that nothing ever feels too
Victoria

Fire burned his skin beneath the weight of her hands, urging Cole to take what he wanted. And oh, he wanted to. So badly. Rylan’s chest heaved. A soft, needy exclamation escaped her lips. Shit, she wanted it too.

Rylan leaves the big city behind to work as a housekeeper on a ranch owned by the Haywood family. She’s hoping to come to terms with the tragic events of her past and take a breather from her fast paced job as a police officer. Rylan finds more than she bargained for when she finds Cole
Nicola
Oct 01, 2013 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Cowboys rank up there with cops, fire-fighters and the military in terms of the perfect hero. Cole Haywood? One cowboy who doesn't let the side down. The things he can do on a horse...

Tempting the Cowboy is the first book I have read by Elizabeth Otto and it won't be the last. I’ve read many many of Entangled's Indulgence line and I can say it's up there as one of the best. Beautifully written, it has a captivating storyline, wonderful realistic characters, excellent steamy content and it touche
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Tempting the Cowboy from Entangled Publishing LLC via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

So sweet, heart-breaking, original, and well written. Two characters burned by their past experiences, but who might just dare to try to open their heart once more.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Jae
Jun 26, 2014 Jae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jae by: Jill
It was great until the end part.

I felt that the heroine forgave the hero too easily for his stupid behavior. Make him bleed first before you take him back. Always.

No blood shed 4STARS. On to book #2 next.
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
I am in love with a cowboy. Cole is every romance reader's dream. He is honest, straight forward, rich and handsome. Rylan is lucky to have run into him ...it was fate. I love this story of struggle and understanding. This is a passionate love story full of patience and compassion.

Gigi staub
Oct 15, 2013 Gigi staub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Letting a new woman into their life is the last thing Cole Haywood wants for him and his daughter, Birdie. But as Rylan’s presence at Paint River Ranch breathes new life into his family he ca
Shirley Frances
This was a surprisingly great story to read. I certainly was not expecting the level of emotions that were brought to the page, nor the steamy chemistry between the characters.

Elizabeth Otto did a great job of drawing me into the story by making Rylan and Cole's first meeting crackle with tension. It made for a fantastic read to see these two fighting their attraction and their emotions for each other as the story progressed.

I loved that Cole was protective of his daughter, even when at one time
Maria Rose
This book is the first in the Paint River Ranch series. Set in the beautiful Montana countryside, it introduces us to the Haywood family. This is the story of Cole, eldest son and manager of the large ranch and Rylan, formerly a city cop who has escaped to the rugged wilderness to start a new life in the hopes of overcoming the tragedy of losing her young daughter. Cole has a strict "hands off" policy when it comes to newly hired employees due to a disastrous marriage that none-the-less gifted h ...more
Emi Lia
Oct 15, 2013 Emi Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
Well, this has only been my second Cowboy story, and I have to say that I will be reading more of them, lol. At least if they are all like Mr. Haywood. ;)
Both Rylan and Cole have difficult pasts which makes it hard for them in their current situation to trust and let their guard down. Rylan moves to Paint River Ranch to get a fresh start and to try to let life happen. When she meets her future boss in, what I would say is quite the
CassandraG
Oct 06, 2013 CassandraG rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really good. You felt for the characters when they both suffered their pain and they even made a very believable couple, even if, originally she was the" hired help".
Ryland had taken off to start a new life and to try and find a new reason for living after losing her husband and child in a car accident he was responsible for and for which she was currently being sued. When she meets Cole,it's when he's not too sober and he's not that polite either and she takes him home since, when they g
Rosemary K
Oct 09, 2013 Rosemary K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rylan Fredrickson goes to Montana to work at the Paint River Ranch as a housekeeper. She lost everything she loves in life. She needs to get away and heal. When she arrives at the ranch, she knows she's in trouble. The cause is one hot cowboy, Cole Haywood. He's her boss and a single father. Birdie, his daughter, is the love of his life. Her own daughter is dead. Can she cope with caring for another child? She doesn't think so. The past controls her. Elizabeth Otto has written a beautiful emotio ...more
Wanda
Oct 07, 2013 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rylan takes a job on a ranch; she left her job as a cop and was trying to move on from her past life. She fines her boss Cole extremely sexy but Rylan has just been through a hard tragic time. She is still trying to get over her loss.

Cole is one sexy cowboy with a heart of gold. His true love is his daughter, Birdie. Cole isn’t looking for a relationship, he is perfectly find being a single dad but with Rylan around all the time he can’t fight the chemistry between them.
Rylan’s doesn’t want to l
Melissa Kendall
Oct 08, 2013 Melissa Kendall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by publisher.

Okay so I am a sucker for a cowboy book and this one is no exception.

I loved this book it was an emotional roller coaster but in the best of ways. It may be my pregnancy hormones but this book had me crying at the beginning and at the end. Oh the end of this book was not what I expected at all but it was fabulous but seriously keep your tissues close.

Rylan for me was a character I could really relate to. I don't want to say too much for fear of giving things away but I
Kissandtellreviews
I will admit, I'm a total sucker for hot cowboys, and this book surpassed all my expectations! I was hooked on the first page and loved every page there after!!

Rylan is strong, has been hurt in the past and just wants to get away from all the memories so she accepts a job as a houseketper on a ranch. Cole runs the ranch and also has been hurt in the past and is not willing to trust another woman. However, their chemistry is just too much to ignore.

Watching them fall for each other and move thro
Tynna
Oct 14, 2013 Tynna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Watching them fall for each other and move thro
Mandy
Oct 04, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

First thing you have to know about this book. I read it in about 4-5 hours. I stayed up until 1AM to finish it. Thank goodness it was a Saturday night because I got to sleep in a little more than usual Sunday morning.

I could not and would not put it down and it had me laughing and all sniffly in tears. This book is so much more than getting into a hot cowboys beaten up Wranglers. So much more. But let’s talk about Mr. Talk, Dark and Brooding…

I'm going to gift 5 copies of this book... I
Kearstie Kaspar
Sep 24, 2013 Kearstie Kaspar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A solid and wonderful 4.5/5 stars, that I'll happily round up, not down, for Goodreads!!

To read my full review of Elizabeth Otto's Tempting the Cowboy, follow this linkn to Book Chick City:

Just want to know my final thoughts?? Here was my verdict on all the amazingness:

VERDICT

Tempting the Cowboy is one hell of a book. It has steam, romance, heartbreak, and a cast of completely lovable, believable characters, who will steal your heart. For the first time in
Debra Lambert Stone
This is the first book that I have read by Elizabeth Otto---I started and finished in same day---one of those you don't want to put down until the end books. The description of the Point River Ranch---I felt like I could see it and wanted to be there. Rylan had gone through so much and I really felt for her----I fell in love with Birdie-----looking forward to more from Elizabeth Otto-----Thank you so much for a good story! <3
Angela Parkhurst
Aug 08, 2013 Angela Parkhurst rated it it was amazing
Once again, Elizabeth Otto has pulled me in with full force. First off, I've never liked cowboys until now. And I'm pretty sure I will only ever like her cowboys. this isn't your typical romance novel. I cried ugly tears at the ending. being a new mom gave me a whole new perspective from Rylan's POV. This story is hott and heartfelt and beautiful. You will be sucked in from the beginning and not want to stop! Otto is wonderful. So is this book. ♥
Melanie Harlow
Sep 23, 2013 Melanie Harlow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'm a city girl, but WOW does Lisa Otto know how to make a woman crave a cowboy! I was lucky enough to read an early version of this book and I adored it from the very first page. The Paint River Ranch comes alive, and Rylan and Cole have incredible chemistry and hot, sexy scenes. Long after I finished this book, I could not stop thinking about the characters and gorgeous Montana setting. Definitely one of my favorite romances this year!
Tamara Mataya
Sep 23, 2013 Tamara Mataya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the only books that has made me cry while reading it. I'm *pretty sure* PMS played a factor, but it was beautifully written and had real emotional depth. And HAWT! *phew* Otto is a writer who is compulsively readable, and with talent like this, is definitely here to stay.

And I had NO idea you could do THAT on a horse.
Kayti McGee
Sep 22, 2013 Kayti McGee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much more than a typical romance- I laughed out loud, and I cried a TON. The characters are so nuanced, and their interactions are fraught with real-life details. I adored this book, and can't wait for more Paint River Ranch.
Katya2007
May 06, 2014 Katya2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, ipad
I enjoyed the author's writing style and liked the characters a lot (I'm looking forward to Tucker's story). I felt the falling-in-love part was rushed. And as always, I wanted more of them together. Happy. Not angsty.

3-3.5 stars - and strongly recommended for anyone partial to cowboys ;)
Ruth
3.5 STARS...

A pleasant surprise..I had to read a cowboy/rancher book as part of a challenge. So glad I picked this one. Quick read, good story, and one HOT rancher.
H. E. Gryphus
Sep 23, 2013 H. E. Gryphus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! What I thought would be a simple romance, turned into a book that had me sweating, in tears, and sniggering like a 12 year old.
Flo Grugel
Feb 01, 2014 Flo Grugel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Easy 4.5 stars...hot broken cowboy man with child plus broken ex-cop woman minus child equates an awesome read...loved it!
  • Baiting the Boss
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong (Bencher Family, #3)
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (Catcher Creek, #1)
  • The Cowboy Rescues a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #7)
  • The Cinderella Seduction (Suddenly Cinderella, #3)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Oklahoma Nights, #1)
  • Always for You: Jack (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #1)
  • Texas Two Step (Whispering Springs, Texas #1)
  • Just Shoot Me (Cowboy Way, #1)
  • Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1)
  • Welcome to Forever (Hero's Welcome, #1)
  • Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2)
  • Outback Affair (Affair, #3)
  • Seducing the Enemy (Heirs of Damon, #1)
Elizabeth writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance by day, and works as an Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate by night. The night shift provides never-ending fodder for plots, characters and story lines! When not creating characters or saving lives, she wrangles three demonic children and tends to her heirloom garden in the beautiful Midwest.

Watch for Elizabeth's Paint River Cowbo
More about Elizabeth Otto...

Paint River Ranch (3 books)
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #2)
  • Can't Resist a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #3)

“So you’re telling me that intoxicated cowboy is my best hope of getting to Paint River Ranch tonight?”

The bartender gave a sympathetic shrug. “Yep. And you’d better catch him before he starts drinking again.”
2 likes
“What I want the most right damn now it to forget, for one day, that I’m your boss so I can make love to you with no regrets and no what-ifs.” 1 likes