Start by marking “What would Jesus Drive?” as Want to Read:
What would Jesus Drive?

What would Jesus Drive?

It is Palm Sunday in the Church Car Park and Jesus is riding into Jerusalem. The only problem is deciding what Jesus would have driven into Jerusalem. Was it a motorbike? Was it a truck? Perhaps a limo? Find out what the cars think.
Published 2012 by Even Before Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What would Jesus Drive?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What would Jesus Drive?

Omega Writers
May 29, 2013 Omega Writers rated it it was amazing
All little boys love cars and quite a few small girls do too. In my view there is no better way to introduce pre-schoolers to knowledge and love of Jesus than through the Car Park Parables. Author Paul Clark and illustrator Graham Preston are again at their best in the latest in the series What Would Jesus Drive?

What Would Jesus Drive? is Paul and Graham’s sixth little gem and for those with young children or grandchildren to have the whole six would be a very real blessing on a cold wet winter’
Narelle
Dec 15, 2013 Narelle rated it it was amazing
What would Jesus drive? is an engaging story that poses an interesting question. It’s Palm Sunday and the cars in the church car park are taking turns guessing what type of car Jesus would have chosen to drive into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday if cars had existed back then. Each car comes up with a different answer, providing insightful reasons behind their choices that are both humourous and reveal Jesus’ character. When the true answer is revealed, the cars learn more about the significance of Jes ...more
Iola
Sep 19, 2013 Iola rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
It’s Palm Sunday, and the cars are wondering what it’s all about. Mr T tells them the church is celebrating the morning Jesus rode into Jerusalem, which starts a debate: what would Jesus drive? Each vehicle has their own view, from a motorcycle to a tank, with each vehicle telling the reader a little more about Jesus and his mission and an end that reminds children and adults of what Jesus did.

This is the eighth book in the Car Park Parables series, each of which takes a well-known bible story
Susan Barnes
May 26, 2013 Susan Barnes rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
What Would Jesus Drive? by Paul Clark is part of a series of books, The Car Park Parables, where cars are used to depict human characters. This is particularly attractive for preschool and primary school boys. The stories are mostly adapted from Bible stories. They are well written in a fun way that will capture a boy’s attention.

The illustrations by Graham Preston are well drawn and appropriate to the text.

A fun way of telling Bible stories to young children.
J.R. Thomas
Jul 02, 2013 J.R. Thomas rated it it was amazing
Excellent little story that would definitely capture the attention of the modern child. Illustrations are well suited to style and if I was a little boy, I would want it read to me over and over. Got a special mention at the Books from our Backyard launch at Qld State Library for catchy title. Well done!
Paul Clark
May 22, 2013 Paul Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What a brilliant idea! What type of car would Jesus drive into Jerusalem if he had the choice? I love it. Keeps you and the kids guessing all the way. Lots of funny pictures from Graham Preston. But what did Jesus drive? Excellent for little kids around Easter!
Dale Harcombe
Dec 06, 2013 Dale Harcombe rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars. It would be too easy to dismiss this as a cute little book that would make a good Sunday school prize or stocking filler. I almost did. Then I thought about what the book is really about. The vehicles are speculating about how Jesus would ride into Jerusalem. They all try and guess what Jesus would have ridden. And this is where it becomes really interesting. As each one gives their thoughts about what Jesus rode into Jerusalem and why, we find that what the vehicles are ...more
Anne Hamilton
Nov 16, 2015 Anne Hamilton rated it really liked it
A small picture book, just right for little hands. This fun book in the Car Park Parables series poses a question I admit to overlooking. I suspect I am not alone. What kind of car would Jesus drive? The answer is no real surprise but it comes across with delightful freshness, anyway.
Ruth Bonetti
Ruth Bonetti rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
John Duktig
John Duktig rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Dan Mott
Dan Mott marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Alison G.
Alison G. marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016