Start by marking “Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys, #2)

Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  524 ratings  ·  70 reviews
At what point do you stop wanting someone you know you can never have?

Ava Crawley only had one dream in life; grow up and marry the boy next door, Jeremy Henley. When she was twenty, her dream was crushed by her nasty, vindictive, deceitful sister Kennedy. Unable to handle the hurt, Ava fled.

Jeremy Henley is a Sky Cowboy in Australia’s Northern Territory. Along with his tw
Published October 15th 2013 by Kasey Millstead (first published October 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sky Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky Cowboy

Panic by J.A. HussSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesSafe with Me by Kristen ProbyConvicted by Aleatha RomigEverything for Us by M. Leighton
September & October 2013 releases!
21st out of 278 books — 1,149 voters
Eraser by Megan KeithEraser Blue by Megan KeithThis Man by Jodi Ellen MalpasFinding My Way by Megan KeithEraser Lilac by Megan Keith
Sydney Author Event 2014
35th out of 118 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristine
I want a cowboy! I want a Sky Cowboy!

I loved this story from the first page to the last page and every single page in between. This story was a fantastic follow on from Cowboy Town and exceeded any expectations that I had for it.

Kasey's writing style is one that pulls you in, keeps you turning the pages and you have finished the book before you realise it. The characters are real and their experiences are real, allowing the story line to develop and flow effortlessly. As a reader I felt a conne
Aimie
* I received an ARC from the author, in return for an honest review*

I loved the first book int his series Cowboy Town, when I found out we were getting more I was super excited. When I received an ARC or Sky Cowboy I was ecstatic.
I enjoyed this book, Ava was a simple girl next door type of girl. Her connection to Jeremy was cute. Jeremy was a hottie and Oscar was just adorable. I love reading books based in Australia.
I only had a little problem, I personally would have enjoyed the story more
Philomena Callan
After reading cowboy town I was very eager to read sky cowboy. I was totally not disappointed. I literally inhaled this book. I sat & read it in a few hours.
What a fantastic book. This author has a knack of writing a story that sounds so normal. Nothing far-fetched about this story. Just wonderful.
This author rocks. I hope she is busy reading the third part of this series as it's fantastic.

Received in return for an honest review.
Angie Sakai
I love Kasey's writing style and I loved reading Cowboy Town and I love these two brothers.. They are just amazing.. Wish I could find a few cornbread cowboys like them around here :D

But on the real, Sky Cowboy was an amazing look at Ava & Jeremy. Jeremy is just this hottie and Ava is the awkward girl next door... They make an amazing pair.. Love to look into Jackson and Edie :) Glad they are happy!!

Look forward to the next one Kasey!!
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Sky Cowboy shows us what happened between Ava, and Jeremy before the first book, and after as well. At the beginning we get to see these two sort of circle around each other before finally getting together. It happened really fast when it finally happened but then they had to deal with a whole lot of trouble coming their way...

I have to say this one wasn't as good as the first.. It was really only okay. I hated the fact that it felt like Jeremy and Ava's
Liz Stephenson
Sky Cowboy
By Kasey Millstead
4/5

This is the second book in Kasey's Cowboy series it's a story that is all too common in real life that makes it very true to life, when you listen to someone else and believe them instead of actually asking the person concerned, however there would not have been a book if Ava had just done that, not that Jeremy is innocent he finally finds his balls in this book (so to speak).
Kennedy is the sister from hell any greener and you could mistake her for the Hulk, mean,
Dawn
I totally enjoyed reading Sky Cowboy. It was just as good as the first book in the series. I was intrigued throughout the story with all of the drama and excitement happening.

Ava Crawley lives in Pine Creek Northern Territory, Australia. She is kind of shy and quiet due to being picked on all of her life by her older sister, Kennedy. It was so hurtful that I wanted to slap the ever living sense into Kennedy. Ava loves riding her horse and dreams of marrying the boy who has lived next door her w
Heather andrews
Oh Jeremy it's so easy to love you, "why don't we talk about how that kiss was the best I've ever had and I thought that maybe, finally, you were going to give me a effing chance. Then, the next thing I know, you've flown to bloody Paris without a second effing thought." He really does have a thing for Ava but the girl is really to blind, I blame that on her sister who's a total wench but Jeremy the boy is sending her all these signals, "don't ever apologies for being in my kitchen first thing i ...more
Lisa
Kasey Millstead Pi**es Excellence...No One can hang with her stuff!
The thing I love about my girls books, is that she takes time to develop her characters and back story before they go after one another. Her men are sexy as sin, very sexual, and very much Alpha Male!
In this story Ava knew Jeremy was the one since she was old enough to notice boys. She has a sister so evil (&I mean evil in every possible way), vindictive, conniving, & destructive that strips her down and leaves her bleedi
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(ARC supplied by author in exchange for an honest review)

Kasey has pulled it out of the bag again with Sky Cowboy.

I loved the history between Jeremy and Ava it made their relationship
all the more bittersweet. The comedy factor was their again, I love a book that can make me laugh and cry. This is an emotional roller coaster of fun, happiness and heartbreak.

I am one of these people who loves a good 'baddie' in a book and Kasey hit the nail on the head in this aspect. Oooo you're in for a treat.
I
Jovana - Rumpled Sheets Blog
Ava Crawley´s life wasn´t easy. Her sister Kennedy is a spoiled brat who made every day of her life miserable.

She always had a crush on Jeremy.

Jeremy Henley is hot cowboy who didn´t care about anything else than the girl who had his heart without knowing it. Ava.

He waited for her to she the interest in him for years. When she shoved the interest, he saw a chance and took it.

But after that chance, she was gone. She left for France for 3 years.

After 3 years, she comes book. A lot of things happene
Shavana BeanieBrain Merrick
I was given this book by author for honest review. A nice quiet quick read. Book 2 in the Down Under Cowboy series. Sky Cowboy is the story of Ava and Jeremy. Ava and Jeremy have lived next to each other for most of their lives in Pine Creek. Jeremy, Jackson's twin from book1, stays home while Ava travels abroad to Paris. When Ava comes home Jeremy is a father of a newborn baby boy. Kennedy, Ava sister and nemesis, loves causing trouble and does everything she can to break them apart. A dream an ...more
Neringa Neringiukas
This book was okay for a one time read. It have HEA and all, but H&H was most of the time annoying as shit.

They care/love each other, but don't do anything about it for years. Ava believes her sister of a bitch lies, even knowing that she always did and said to hurt her. So, why the f*ck take for granted every word. Ava just should have gone to Jeremy and asked and talked out about it.

And Jeremy...He loves her. Wants her. Then why the f*ck he scr*w around, then feels guilty, but then goes a
Desiree
I really loved getting to know Ave and Jeremy in this one! They have such pull between them that it pulls you in with them!

Ava has been head over heels for Jeremy since she was old enough to notice he was a boy. She has always know that one day when she got married, that the only person it would be to was Jeremy. Problem is, he doesn't know it. So when she finally feels like it's time to push things in that direction, her sister dumps all over her hopes and dreams. Living next door to him, she
Reading Bliss
Reviewed by Cindy:

Well Kasey Millstead has done it again. I really enjoyed reading Sky Cowboy.

Ava Crawley has loved Jeremy Henley her whole life. Yet, her sister Kennedy has convinced her that she has been with Jeremy and she would be sloopy seconds.
Since Ava has heard this from her crazy ass sister her whole life she believes it to be true. Ok let me say how much I HATED Kennedy. She is a jealous cow. UGH, I found myself cheering for Ava when she took Kennedy DOWN.
After a drunken kiss with Je
Bec Booton
I thought this book was just as good as the first in the series! I loved both of the books and I really felt for the characters. I can’t choose between my favourite couple, they are all amazing. The writing is good and you are hooked from the beginning. I am definitely looking forward to the rest in the series!

This is an excerpt from my post as part of the blog tour for this book at Bec's Book Blog.
Jessica Boyd
I loved Sky Cowboy, after reading Cowboy Town I was anxiously awaiting its release. I was not disapointed.

I really enjoyed getting to know Ava's backstory, it made me feel closer to her. I felt connected to Jeremy and Ava. I can go on and on, but I dont want to give anything away. I dont think you have to read Cowboy Town first but I definitly reccomend it! Sky Cowboy was a great read and I cannot wait for the third book in the series!
Rebecca
I won Kasey's first book to this series and I've been hooked ever since. She is am amazing writer! This book had me from the beginning to the end! I couldn't put it down! Ava and Jeremy have had an amazing relationship since the beginning but throw Oscar in the mix and bam it's an amazing and supportive family that loves unconditionally. Amazing can't wait for the next book!!
Leanne
I was super lucky to receive an ARC for this book:))
Oh my god! Thank you Kasey!
What a wonderful journey 'Sky Cowboy' took me on! I loved every bit of Ava & Jeremy:) What a Rollercoaster of emotions I laughed, cried, gripped my seat and yearned for more:)
'At what point do you stop wanting someone you know you can never have?'
Can't wait for the next book!!
A.C. Wilson
Jeremy and Ava's love story is completely believable. Jeremy and Jackson Henley are highly regarded by Ava's parents as potential marriage matches. A marriage would unite the two operations. Kennedy, Ava's sister is a beautiful bully completely doted on by their parents. Ava grows up being overshadowed and ridiculed by her sister. Finally she escapes to Paris to find her own happiness and feet to stand on.

Jeremy has always had a thing for Ava and the fact that she left for Paris without telling
Lisa A
Really enjoyed this book. I didn't know this was book two, I didn't read book one and I don't think I missed anything. I liked the characters, well except Kennedy and Oscar's mother. I Loved Oscar the story was so touching and the relationship between Oscar and Ava was heart warming. Jeremy was a great book boyfriend. Loved the ending.
Jessika Harper
After reading Edie and Jackson's story, I was amazed to read a part of the next part. I was thrilled about it. After reading this book, I must say that I loved it! I wanted to smack Kennedy more than once. I love that Oscar was so taken with ava and vice versa. I really enjoyed this book! Cannot wait to read the next one!! Amazing job!
Kell
I read Sky Cowboy immediately after reading the first book 'Cowboy Town'. I needed more cowboys, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Kasey Millstead has done it again! She has made me fall in love with another Henley brother, this time its Jeremy. Jeremy has known Ava his whole life, their parents farms are next to each other. Ava has always had a 'thing' for Jeremy, however, her bullying, lying sister has always stood in the way of Ava pursuing him. This book shows us the struggles these charac
Lourin
The second book in the Down Under Cowboy Series.

We met Ava in the first book after Eden had visited her families coffee shop. After the awkwardness between Eden thinking Ava had feelings for Jackson, Ava finally admits it's really Jackson's twin, Jeremy she has feeling for. But years have passed, issues have occurred, and a nasty bitchy sister has torn Ava's self confidence down.

Jeremy is the shy twin to Jackson. He runs the cattle portion of the station the two brothers run. He has an autistic
Tracie Runge
4.5 Stars Sky Cowboy

Jeremy Henley runs a cattle and cropping station in Pine Creek with his twin brother, Jackson. Jeremy and Jackson are popular with the women but there is only one woman Jeremy really wants Ava Crawley.

Ava Crawley has grown up under the ridicule and hateful words of her sister. She has watch Jeremy Henley from a far always wishing that one day she would be the girl he called his.

One amazing kiss, Jeremy is hooked he has finally got Ava to show an interest in him. But before he
Secretly Adorkable Readers
3 ½ to 4 Star Series! Review for the full series with no spoilers
This series comes with a fair warning that will make you blush and is full of hot Aussie Cowboys from down under. I am not a huge fan on sexy smut type reads but getting past all the mature rated type themes, the stories were ok. I love to learn Aussie talk and fell in love with each of the characters. Each story will give their POV’s and fill in the gaps throughout each book.

Cowboy Town: Eden Cross & Jackson Henley’s story
Sky
Jessie
totally loved this book!! Can't wait to read about Jules :-)
Carey
I'm really loving this author! Another great read!
Nicole
Yee FREAKIN Haw!!!

Yee FREAKIN Haw!!!

I love cowboys!! What do I love more? Cowboys I can imagine with Australian accents!!! Hell yeah!!! Jeremy Henley is that cowboy (along with his brother, Jackson, who we meet in Cowboy Town). Ava has been in love with Jeremy her while life but didn't think she could have due to what she thought happened in the past. When they do get together, it's absolutely beautiful. And how could you not love little Oscar?!?! Ca-ute!!!!!

An awesome read!!! Now bring on Jule
Marlene W
Another Sweet One...

Just like with Cowboy town (Book 1), I found this to be a sweet, romantic read.

I liked both Ava and Jeremy very much. However, I felt that a lot of the events and emotions were too rushed. I understand that the characters have known each other for many years, but I would have liked more build once they officially began a relationship rather than jump to the end result so quickly.

It was nice to have another complete book with a HEA and I will most likely be purchasing the next
  • Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)
  • Custom Culture Box Set (Custom Culture, #1-4)
  • Darker (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Two Times as Hot (Oklahoma Nights, #2)
  • Pleasuring The Lady (The Pleasure Wars, #2)
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Brother, #4)
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Beautiful Rose (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • Barely Surviving (Surviving, #1)
  • Watching Fireflies (Love Bug, #1)
  • A Broken Beautiful Beginning (Broken Beautiful, #1.5)
  • One Of The Guys
  • The Story of Jackson Haddock
  • The Cut (Kings of Bedlam MC #1)
  • Break Through
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • A Special Kind of Love
7011930
Kasey Millstead is a wife and mother of four children. She lives in a picturesque location in country New South Wales, Australia.

Kasey is the author of the #1 bestselling Down Under Cowboy series. She is also the author of The Steele Investigations series, Fighting to Stay and Illicit Desire.

When she is not busy writing, racing around after her children and husband or trying to avoid doing housew
More about Kasey Millstead...

Down Under Cowboys (8 books)
  • Cowboy Town (Down Under Cowboy, #1)
  • Cowboy Dreams (Down Under Cowboy, #3)
  • Cowboy Struggles (Down Under Cowboy, #3.5)
  • Tatted Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys #4)
  • Rogue Cowboy (Down Under Cowboy #5)
  • Cowboy Redemption (Down Under Cowboy #6)
  • Cowboy Endings (Down Under Cowboy, #7)
Fighting To Stay Cowboy Town (Down Under Cowboy, #1) Born to Ride - A Clubhouse Collection Vengeance is Mine Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2)