Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys, #2)

Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  50 reviews
#1 Bestselling series

At what point do you stop wanting someone you know you can never have?

Ava Crawley only had one dream in life; grow up and marry the boy next door, Jeremy Henley. When she was twenty, her dream was crushed by her nasty, vindictive, deceitful sister Kennedy. Unable to handle the hurt, Ava fled.

Jeremy Henley is a Sky Cowboy in Australia’s Northern Territo...more
Published October 15th 2013 by Kasey Millstead (first published September 2013)

Panic by J.A. HussSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesSafe with Me by Kristen ProbyConvicted by Aleatha RomigEverything for Us by M. Leighton
September & October 2013 releases!
21st out of 278 books — 1,138 voters
Eraser by Megan KeithEraser Blue by Megan KeithFinding My Way by Megan KeithThis Man by Jodi Ellen MalpasHow To Liv by Megan Keith
Sydney Author Event 2014
34th out of 117 books — 32 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristine
I want a cowboy! I want a Sky Cowboy!

I loved this story from the first page to the last page and every single page in between. This story was a fantastic follow on from Cowboy Town and exceeded any expectations that I had for it.

Kasey's writing style is one that pulls you in, keeps you turning the pages and you have finished the book before you realise it. The characters are real and their experiences are real, allowing the story line to develop and flow effortlessly. As a reader I felt a conne...more
Aimie
* I received an ARC from the author, in return for an honest review*

I loved the first book int his series Cowboy Town, when I found out we were getting more I was super excited. When I received an ARC or Sky Cowboy I was ecstatic.
I enjoyed this book, Ava was a simple girl next door type of girl. Her connection to Jeremy was cute. Jeremy was a hottie and Oscar was just adorable. I love reading books based in Australia.
I only had a little problem, I personally would have enjoyed the story more...more
Philomena Callan
After reading cowboy town I was very eager to read sky cowboy. I was totally not disappointed. I literally inhaled this book. I sat & read it in a few hours.
What a fantastic book. This author has a knack of writing a story that sounds so normal. Nothing far-fetched about this story. Just wonderful.
This author rocks. I hope she is busy reading the third part of this series as it's fantastic.

Received in return for an honest review.
Rose Dewallvin
I love Kasey's writing style and I loved reading Cowboy Town and I love these two brothers.. They are just amazing.. Wish I could find a few cornbread cowboys like them around here :D

But on the real, Sky Cowboy was an amazing look at Ava & Jeremy. Jeremy is just this hottie and Ava is the awkward girl next door... They make an amazing pair.. Love to look into Jackson and Edie :) Glad they are happy!!

Look forward to the next one Kasey!!
Liz Stephenson
Sky Cowboy
By Kasey Millstead
4/5

This is the second book in Kasey's Cowboy series it's a story that is all too common in real life that makes it very true to life, when you listen to someone else and believe them instead of actually asking the person concerned, however there would not have been a book if Ava had just done that, not that Jeremy is innocent he finally finds his balls in this book (so to speak).
Kennedy is the sister from hell any greener and you could mistake her for the Hulk, mean,...more
Dawn
I totally enjoyed reading Sky Cowboy. It was just as good as the first book in the series. I was intrigued throughout the story with all of the drama and excitement happening.

Ava Crawley lives in Pine Creek Northern Territory, Australia. She is kind of shy and quiet due to being picked on all of her life by her older sister, Kennedy. It was so hurtful that I wanted to slap the ever living sense into Kennedy. Ava loves riding her horse and dreams of marrying the boy who has lived next door her w...more
Heather andrews
Oh Jeremy it's so easy to love you, "why don't we talk about how that kiss was the best I've ever had and I thought that maybe, finally, you were going to give me a effing chance. Then, the next thing I know, you've flown to bloody Paris without a second effing thought." He really does have a thing for Ava but the girl is really to blind, I blame that on her sister who's a total wench but Jeremy the boy is sending her all these signals, "don't ever apologies for being in my kitchen first thing i...more
Lisa
Kasey Millstead Pi**es Excellence...No One can hang with her stuff!
The thing I love about my girls books, is that she takes time to develop her characters and back story before they go after one another. Her men are sexy as sin, very sexual, and very much Alpha Male!
In this story Ava knew Jeremy was the one since she was old enough to notice boys. She has a sister so evil (&I mean evil in every possible way), vindictive, conniving, & destructive that strips her down and leaves her bleedi...more
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(ARC supplied by author in exchange for an honest review)

Kasey has pulled it out of the bag again with Sky Cowboy.

I loved the history between Jeremy and Ava it made their relationship
all the more bittersweet. The comedy factor was their again, I love a book that can make me laugh and cry. This is an emotional roller coaster of fun, happiness and heartbreak.

I am one of these people who loves a good 'baddie' in a book and Kasey hit the nail on the head in this aspect. Oooo you're in for a treat.
I...more
Jovana - Rumpled Sheets Blog
Ava Crawley´s life wasn´t easy. Her sister Kennedy is a spoiled brat who made every day of her life miserable.

She always had a crush on Jeremy.

Jeremy Henley is hot cowboy who didn´t care about anything else than the girl who had his heart without knowing it. Ava.

He waited for her to she the interest in him for years. When she shoved the interest, he saw a chance and took it.

But after that chance, she was gone. She left for France for 3 years.

After 3 years, she comes book. A lot of things happene...more
Shavana BeanieBrain Merrick
I was given this book by author for honest review. A nice quiet quick read. Book 2 in the Down Under Cowboy series. Sky Cowboy is the story of Ava and Jeremy. Ava and Jeremy have lived next to each other for most of their lives in Pine Creek. Jeremy, Jackson's twin from book1, stays home while Ava travels abroad to Paris. When Ava comes home Jeremy is a father of a newborn baby boy. Kennedy, Ava sister and nemesis, loves causing trouble and does everything she can to break them apart. A dream an...more
Jennifer Guffey
Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys #2)
By: Kasey Millstead
4/5 stars

Ava Crawley and Jeremy Henley have known each other for most of their lives. Both of their parents’ stations are right next to each other with a fence dividing the properties. Ava has always had a huge crush on Jeremy and has wanted nothing more than to grow up & marry him. She doesn’t know why Jeremy & not Jackson, since they are identical twins, but she has just always felt drawn to Jeremy, he’s always been the one.

But Ava h...more
Desiree
I really loved getting to know Ave and Jeremy in this one! They have such pull between them that it pulls you in with them!

Ava has been head over heels for Jeremy since she was old enough to notice he was a boy. She has always know that one day when she got married, that the only person it would be to was Jeremy. Problem is, he doesn't know it. So when she finally feels like it's time to push things in that direction, her sister dumps all over her hopes and dreams. Living next door to him, she...more
Reading Bliss
Reviewed by Cindy:

Well Kasey Millstead has done it again. I really enjoyed reading Sky Cowboy.

Ava Crawley has loved Jeremy Henley her whole life. Yet, her sister Kennedy has convinced her that she has been with Jeremy and she would be sloopy seconds.
Since Ava has heard this from her crazy ass sister her whole life she believes it to be true. Ok let me say how much I HATED Kennedy. She is a jealous cow. UGH, I found myself cheering for Ava when she took Kennedy DOWN.
After a drunken kiss with Je...more
Bec
I thought this book was just as good as the first in the series! I loved both of the books and I really felt for the characters. I can’t choose between my favourite couple, they are all amazing. The writing is good and you are hooked from the beginning. I am definitely looking forward to the rest in the series!

This is an excerpt from my post as part of the blog tour for this book at Bec's Book Blog.
Jessica Boyd
I loved Sky Cowboy, after reading Cowboy Town I was anxiously awaiting its release. I was not disapointed.

I really enjoyed getting to know Ava's backstory, it made me feel closer to her. I felt connected to Jeremy and Ava. I can go on and on, but I dont want to give anything away. I dont think you have to read Cowboy Town first but I definitly reccomend it! Sky Cowboy was a great read and I cannot wait for the third book in the series!
Rebecca
I won Kasey's first book to this series and I've been hooked ever since. She is am amazing writer! This book had me from the beginning to the end! I couldn't put it down! Ava and Jeremy have had an amazing relationship since the beginning but throw Oscar in the mix and bam it's an amazing and supportive family that loves unconditionally. Amazing can't wait for the next book!!
Leanne
I was super lucky to receive an ARC for this book:))
Oh my god! Thank you Kasey!
What a wonderful journey 'Sky Cowboy' took me on! I loved every bit of Ava & Jeremy:) What a Rollercoaster of emotions I laughed, cried, gripped my seat and yearned for more:)
'At what point do you stop wanting someone you know you can never have?'
Can't wait for the next book!!
Whitney Martin (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Sky Cowboy shows us what happened between Ava, and Jeremy before the first book, and after as well. At the beginning we get to see these two sort of circle around each other before finally getting together. It happened really fast when it finally happened but then they had to deal with a whole lot of trouble coming their way...

I have to say this one wasn't as good as the first.. It was really only okay. I hated the fact that it felt like Jeremy and Ava's...more
Lisa A
Really enjoyed this book. I didn't know this was book two, I didn't read book one and I don't think I missed anything. I liked the characters, well except Kennedy and Oscar's mother. I Loved Oscar the story was so touching and the relationship between Oscar and Ava was heart warming. Jeremy was a great book boyfriend. Loved the ending.
Jessika Harper
After reading Edie and Jackson's story, I was amazed to read a part of the next part. I was thrilled about it. After reading this book, I must say that I loved it! I wanted to smack Kennedy more than once. I love that Oscar was so taken with ava and vice versa. I really enjoyed this book! Cannot wait to read the next one!! Amazing job!
Jessie
totally loved this book!! Can't wait to read about Jules :-)
Carey
I'm really loving this author! Another great read!
Nicole
Yee FREAKIN Haw!!!

Yee FREAKIN Haw!!!

I love cowboys!! What do I love more? Cowboys I can imagine with Australian accents!!! Hell yeah!!! Jeremy Henley is that cowboy (along with his brother, Jackson, who we meet in Cowboy Town). Ava has been in love with Jeremy her while life but didn't think she could have due to what she thought happened in the past. When they do get together, it's absolutely beautiful. And how could you not love little Oscar?!?! Ca-ute!!!!!

An awesome read!!! Now bring on Jule...more
Marlene
Another Sweet One...

Just like with Cowboy town (Book 1), I found this to be a sweet, romantic read.

I liked both Ava and Jeremy very much. However, I felt that a lot of the events and emotions were too rushed. I understand that the characters have known each other for many years, but I would have liked more build once they officially began a relationship rather than jump to the end result so quickly.

It was nice to have another complete book with a HEA and I will most likely be purchasing the next...more
Lara Petterson
Hot Cowboy Jeremy he has known Ava all his life and liked her for just as long. Ava has always had a crush on Jeremy. She has lived in the shadow of her older jealous sister, Kennedy. Jeremy and Ava share a few stolen glances, some chance encounters and a heart stopping kiss. Kennedy fills Ava's mind with so much doubt that her head is spinning and her heart is reeling. She sets off for a job in France and leaves Jeremy waiting when she returns she does everything not to give into to their chemi...more
Read and Share Book Reviews :)
4.5 Stars

Mandy
4 out of 5
After reading the second book in the Cowboys Down Under series, Sky Cowboy, I can confidently say that Kasey Millstead has made me squirm, again, with her cowboys and their hotness. Sky Cowboy is Jeremy’s story. Jeremy being the twin brother to the first cowboy from down under to make me squirm.
Jeremy and Ava’s story was just as well written as the first book in the series and the sexy times are possibly hotter than first book. Jeremy and Ava have grown up together and have been the vi...more
Cynthia
I was given an ARC from Reading Bliss in exchange for an honest review.***

Well Kasey Millstead has done it again. I really enjoyed reading Sky Cowboy.

Ava Crawley has loved Jeremy Henley her whole life. Yet, her sister Kennedy has convinced her that she has been with Jeremy and she would be sloppy seconds.

Danny Jeffery
I really enjoyed the first book and if possible loved this one even more.

The book had everything I love; drama, love and romance and the relationship everyone had with Jeremy's son was heartwarming.

I'm really looking forward to Jules story next and hope Kasey considers another book encompassing all the couples as I feel there's loads more to read from them.
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Darker (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Her Unbridled Cowboy (Harland County, #2)
  • Have I Told You (Black Hollywood Series, #1)
  • My Love at Last
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • Love is...
  • Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #2)
  • Pleasuring The Lady (The Pleasure Wars, #2)
  • Burn (Spark, #2)
  • Beautiful Rose (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Brother, #4)
  • Save Me from Me (Timing is Everything, #3)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Logan's Reaper (Soul Reapers #1)
  • After the Storm (Storm, #1)
  • The Mark of Saturn (Blood Luminary, #1)
7011930
Kasey Millstead is a wife and mother of four children. She lives in a picturesque location in country New South Wales, Australia.

Kasey is the author of the #1 bestselling Down Under Cowboy series. She is also the author of The Steele Investigations series, Fighting to Stay and Illicit Desire.

When she is not busy writing, racing around after her children and husband or trying to avoid doing housew...more
More about Kasey Millstead...
Fighting To Stay Cowboy Town (Down Under Cowboy, #1) Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2) Illicit Desire Born to Ride - A Clubhouse Collection