Start by marking “Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)” as Want to Read:
Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)

Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  497 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Brooklyn assistant district attorney Micah Sanborn walks into wedding planner Tessa Whitfield's town house and winds up stranded there all night in a citywide blackout… alongside the most intriguing woman he's ever met.

Tessa's vow to avoid mixing work with pleasure is completely forsaken once she's thrown together with the tall, gorgeous assistant DA. Micah offers
Published May 20th 2008 by Harlequin Kimani (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Long Time Coming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Time Coming

Maneater by Mary B. MorrisonBuried Secrets by S.K.Material Girl by Keisha ErvinTwisted Obsessions by S.K.ANGEL'S WRATH by S.K.
Black Love
17th out of 98 books — 33 voters
Once A Collection of Sinfully Sexy and Twisted Tales by Nicole HiteConfessions of a Love Addict by Jinni James'Tis the Season for Seduction by Maya DeLeinaJust Desserts by Renea MasonLove Notes by Helen Hardt
Best Erotic Romance Anthologies
167th out of 188 books — 239 voters

More lists with this book...

Barb
Apr 17, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book. First we have Brooklyn assistant DA Micah Sanborn. Then we have wedding planner Tessa Whitfield who runs her business out of her town house. Filling in for his sister, Micah meets with Tessa to talk about his sisters wedding, but ends up stranded there all night in a citywide blackout...alongside the most intriguing woman he's ever met.
Tessa has vowed to avoid mixing up work with pleasure, but her vow seems to be forgotten when they
get to know each other better. Neither ar
Andrea Bevier-wimbush
Mar 17, 2013 Andrea Bevier-wimbush rated it it was amazing
I think this whole series is a good read. Long Time Coming is the first book in the Whitfield Brides trilogy.
Shawnette
Jun 04, 2008 Shawnette rated it liked it
A Change of Heart

A “Long Time Coming” the first installment in the “Whitfield Bride Series” is a sweet and endearing romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the instant attraction between Micah and Tessa. I also thought the cast of characters to be well-developed and quite memorable. I enjoyed the camaraderie of both families during their social gatherings throughout this story. I was definitely caught up in the very sensual love scenes sprinkled throughout the pages. However, as another reviewer mentions
Dalesha R
Mar 17, 2015 Dalesha R rated it liked it
I love romance but I felt like this book could have used a bit more action… It seemed kind of dboring
Monica McCray-Wilson
May 11, 2015 Monica McCray-Wilson rated it really liked it
I love this book. Now I have to read the next one.
Karla
Jul 21, 2015 Karla rated it it was amazing
René
Mar 04, 2010 René rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
I had to encourage myself to finish this book because I don't like to stop halfway through. There was too much repetition in the fact that "I love him, but I've sworn off men." It seemed like that was the last sentence of every chapter.

There is also the fact that there was too much description. I love description in a book, but I don't need to know that that the cup was 3/4 turned to the left when it's not pertinent to the story.
Shameka
When I first started this book I hated it and almost quit reading before I reached the 5th chapter but as the story progressed I started to get more into it. I really did not like the male character in this book, Micah. I think the author tried to write him as an alpha male but instead he came across as very controlling and borderline obsessive. Sorry but I just could not root for him and Tessa ending up together.
Janelle
Jan 30, 2015 Janelle rated it liked it
I could not connect with the characters. The conversations felt wooden and I didn't feel the chemistry between Tessa and Micah. Tessa was cold, in general, and I never warmed to her.

I made it to the halfway point until I realized that I just wasn't enjoying the story and called it quits.

Also, no law school at Princeton.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Aug 02, 2014 Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . . rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
District attorney Micah Sanborn walks into wedding planner Tessa Whitfield's home only to be stranded by a citywide blackout. This presents them with an opportunity that will not have occurred. But will the passion that Micah unleash on her be enough without the three words she so longs to hear.
ConSonia
Apr 25, 2012 ConSonia rated it really liked it
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULL STORY IT WAS WELL WRITTEN LOVED THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY THE LOVE THAT THE AUTHOR PORTRAYED BETWEEN MICAH AND TESSA WAS AMAZING... KUDOS 4.5 STARS IN MY BOOK..
Keisha Webb-Gibbs
Aug 09, 2011 Keisha Webb-Gibbs rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I'd never heard of this author and I picked this book up on a whim at Costco, but it was very good. The ending left me wanting more -- a continuation.
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
Sweet and sensual but formulaic storyline. Standard issue Harlequin romance. Didn't wow me enough to continue the series at this time.
Zaneta
May 27, 2013 Zaneta rated it it was ok
The story was a little slow to me at first, but by the end I was exciting.
Lolita
Aug 02, 2012 Lolita rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book.
Sonya Jordan
Sonya Jordan rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
luv2shp
luv2shp marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Toniette
Toniette rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Kris Hollis
Kris Hollis rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Danyell Legaux
Danyell Legaux rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Vena Crowell
Vena Crowell rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Edith Howard
Edith Howard marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • One Special Moment
  • A Legal Affair
  • I Promise
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting ...more
More about Rochelle Alers...

Whitfield Brides (3 books)
  • The Sweetest Temptation (Whitfield Brides #2)
  • Taken By Storm (Whitfield Brides #3)