Start by marking “Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #8; Songs & Swords, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #8; Songs & Swords, #2)

Elfsong (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers #8)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,239 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Fantasy - A book in the bestselling 'Forgotten Realms' series. Danilo Thann joins forces with a deadly enemy to discover who is causing the ancient ballads - the rich memory of noble quests and heroic deeds preserved by the Harper bards - to be forgotten or changed throughout Faerun.
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published February 1st 1994 by TSR (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Elfsong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elfsong

Victor
After reading "Elfshadow" I was intrigued to see what else would happend to Arylin and Danilo, and was a little dissapointed that Arylin only appears at the beginning of the book and that her role is inconsequential to the overall story.

Yet "Elfsong" is a powerful, witty and smart tale that made me savor every page from beginning to end. Elfsong is not a stand alone adventure about Danilo Thann; rather, it sets him on the spotlight of a plot that endangers the past, present and future of Faerun.
Jesse
Okay,

So I liked this book, but not as much as I usually like this author. This is one of her first books, so maybe that could be part of the reason.

The things that I liked were the intrigue in the city of Waterdeep and a bit of insight into the polotics of the Lords. I liked getting to know the character of Elaith and the relationship between him and Danilo.

I didn't like that Arilyn was not in this book (except in the very begining). I didn't like that the antagonist wasn't really evil, but dis
Brian Turner
Elaine Cunningham is one of the better D&D novelists out there.
This one follows Danillo Thann from Elfshadow (book 1) as he has to try and find out why the old songs of the bards are being subtly changed.
Unlikely alliances are formed as he tries to get to the bottom of things.

Interesting mix of characters, fair amount of action as well as intrigue and picking at clues.
Hacedores Desierto
Bueno, teniendo en cuenta que del libro anterior dije que el personajes que más me gustaban eran Arilyn y Elaith, lo cierto es que cuando me encontré con que en este libro todo el protagonismo recaía en la figura de Danilo... pues fue una ligera decepción, por mucho que en la sinopsis me prometiera la aparición de Elaith. Me temía que iba a ser una aparición fugaz, al fin y al cabo, la verdadera unión entre Elaith y Danilo era Arilyn... así que sin ella no veía cómo iban a poder interesarse el ...more
Rhonda
A little slow getting into but once I got into it, I just devoured the book. This book took approximately 5 days to read. Time well spent.
Mairen
This book was a lot better than the first one in this series. The storyline was much more interesting, and the characters were very capturing! I found myself liking even Elaith, even though he is just waiting for the right moment to kill off poor Danilo. The music in this book was amazing as well. I loved how it was combined with spell casting for an even greater effect. Songs and Swords is a perfect series name for this book in particular.
Donna
Someone has altered the bardic songs and the memory of all but a few bards. Danilo Thann sets out to find the culprit and to break the spell before all of history and the future of his world is altered.
This is a great sword and sorcery novel. It has lots of action and suspense set in a world you'll wish was yours.
Cindi Smith
I think that this story was full of surprises, and I'm happy for the way it ended for Danilo. Everyone got what they wanted in the end. There is no reason way any one would not like this book!
J.C.
J.C. added it
Dec 21, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
Dec 17, 2014
Vana
Vana marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
jennifer
jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Bode Jensen
Bode Jensen marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Jeff S
Jeff S marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
  • The Veiled Dragon (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #12)
  • Finder's Bane (Forgotten Realms: Lost Gods, #1; The Harpers, #15)
  • Stormlight (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #14)
  • Crypt of the Shadowking (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #6)
  • Soldiers of Ice (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #7)
  • The Ring of Winter (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #5)
  • Rising Tide (The Threat from the Sea #1)
  • The Night Parade (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #4)
  • Red Magic (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #3)
  • The Sapphire Crescent (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #1)
  • Realms of Mystery (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #6)
  • Mistress of the Night (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #2)
  • Darkvision (Forgotten Realms: The Wizards, #3)
  • The City of Ravens (Forgotten Realms: The Cities, #1)

Elaine Cunningham is an American fantasy and science fiction author, especially known for her almost poetic literary style and her contributions to the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game campaign setting of Forgotten Realms, including the realms of Evermeet, Halruaa,
More about Elaine Cunningham...
Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10) Daughter of the Drow (Starlight & Shadows #1) Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: The Harpers, #2; Songs & Swords, #1) Tangled Webs (Starlight & Shadows #2) Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)