Start by marking “Wyrd Girl” as Want to Read:
Wyrd Girl

Wyrd Girl

She’s in an Otherworld

I’m the weird girl.
You know; the one every kid in class avoids, just in case what I’ve got is catching.
Not that I care.
See, there are worlds other than this one.
Worlds we pass on to when we die.
Worlds, even, where we exist before we’re even born.
They’re the worlds of the Nyxt.
And, if I don’t handle things right, they’re about to declare war on the liv
Published May 6th 2013 by jjaab Publications

To ask other readers questions about Wyrd Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wyrd Girl

Pop Bop
Oct 25, 2014 Pop Bop rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The Heroine's Voice Really Carries This Story

From the blurbs, jacket description, simpering nymph cover, and first few chapters it looked like this was just going to be another story about a high school loner who is dismissed as "weird", but after a lot of angst and drama finds that she does have some paranormal talents. That can be O.K., I guess, but it doesn't matter because it turns out that this book is much more clever, twisty, and well written than that.

Our heroine is smart, feisty, a litt
Lise
Apr 06, 2014 Lise rated it really liked it
Jon Jacks has written his story in first person and it took a couple of pages for me to settle into this uncommon style of writing. "Wyrd Girl" is written in British English.

Ghosts, ghasts, the nyxt, after-life, the under-world, possessed. Being able to see and communicate with the other-world has never been usual practice in the world. Not even the world of Twice Hadday. Zoofelt, Dunnstedt & Ernst Advertising are the go to people in the area of life/death.

Twice/Tracey/Trace came into contac
Paul
Jul 03, 2013 Paul rated it it was ok
I tend to be a sucker for any paranormal Kindle freebies, and this one was just good enough to keep me entertained during my train rides.

Wyrd Girl offers up a few interesting ideas, but the characters aren't developed enough and the story doesn't make enough sense for it to be a good book.

Tracey, better known as Twice, doesn't quite fit in - or so she tells us. (We never actually see much of her life before things really start getting, well, weird.)

She and her boyfriend are living in an alley wh
Mia
Jun 25, 2013 Mia rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying that this is the only book I've read of this author, so I can't really make a comparison between his other works and this one.
This book both disappointed and enthralled me. The story was extremely creative and quite intricate. To be quite honest, it's the only thing that kept me going. What I didn't like was the main heroine's way of thinking and since the story is told in the first person, we get a lot of that. The backgroung characters weren't well-developed and at times
Sep 01, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
This book was a little annoying.. The term 'weird' gets used a lot and when the characters talked sometimes one of their words gets repeated..
The main character is nicknamed Twice-which i kind of chuckled about myself- Twice Hadday.. After she sees someone murdered by -trash made up guys, she follows to where the girl had been and landed a job.. that is when the weird starts to come in.. weird things happen and so on..

Although this book was short i thought the book was neither good nor bad-just
Echo
Dec 08, 2013 Echo rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I downloaded this as part of a spree on the Kindle Freebie list.

The concept was fascinating and I would have liked to see more expansion on the whole story - it was over so fast! I read this book in about two hours and it was very entertaining, but not long enough.

I had issues with it at first due to the main character's style of speech, but luckily she got over the patois mid-way through and made the dialogue much more enjoyable to read.

There were a few loops that were never fully explained, b
Angie Hackett
May 05, 2016 Angie Hackett rated it liked it
I took a chance on this but wish I hadn't bothered.

It was an easy enough read with a solid enough plot but I found it a bit like trying to walk through syrup. I struggled to keep going with this and many times I wanted to file this into did not finish until I realised I didn't have much left to read. The characters were two dimensional, the overall all story seemed a bit wooden and the ending seemed a bit contrived and convenient. I struggled to find anything to like about this book. It did come
Fi
Still wondering why I read this all the way to the end but I have a problem not finishing books, especially when I think they may get better. Sadly Wyrd Girl was not one of them and has left me puzzling over exactly what happened. It's almost like there are pages missing and things happen so you have to fill in the blanks yourself. This could have been a great idea but instead was disjointed and confusing.
Liquid Frost
Jul 20, 2013 Liquid Frost rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
Kindle freebie. Yes, many o'book I read are freebies (hey, gotta offset the cost of the Kindle, right?) Especially since I have a Motorola Razor HD (decent screen size to read books through Kindle app). But, I digress. Actually, I don't. It was more entertaining to talk about the Kindle than it was to read this book. Characters - flat. Story had potential but fell flat. For a free book it was okay and easy enough to read quickly. If I had paid sticker price - then I'd be a bit upset.
Kayonna Barker
Jan 05, 2014 Kayonna Barker rated it really liked it
Pretty good :-)

Good book. Different. Very fast paced. The writing style might take some time to get used to. If you like A LOT of detail it's probably not the book for you. If you like a story that's a bit different, deals with other worlds, and is a tad bit quirky you just might like it.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was amazing
So, you've got a girl that pretty much everyone considers weird. Turns out she is, of course, weird, especially in that she gets in a situation where she has to deal with living people, dead people, different dimensions and come to terms with just how unusual she is, pretty much all at the same time.

It's a really good book.
Kris
Mar 30, 2014 Kris rated it liked it
Neat idea but the writing is very flat and shallow. I'm extremely disappointed I could have been reading the second book in the dark tower series the last two days! Instead. I read THIS.
I gave it the three because it was an interesting consent. I wish the author would have given it some SOUL.
Heather
Aug 28, 2015 Heather rated it it was ok
Shadows

Not for me! I like paranormal and a lot of strange, but after the halfway point I was no closer to understanding this than I was after the first page.
A  Pyper Gordon
Hmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm AMAZING!!!!!! Every one will love this twist on reality. seriously try it out. I think you'll die for it.

Caleb
An interesting premise, but poorly written. You can tell the author has potential. I may pick up another book by this author in about 10 or so novels after he has had a chance to refine his work.
Kyra Dunst
Sep 10, 2013 Kyra Dunst rated it liked it
This was a very interesting story. Tracey is an orphan with a very strange set of skills obtained during an accident when she was a child. The story was written in a very unique way.
David Chittenden
Sep 08, 2013 David Chittenden rated it liked it
I don't like angel books, and happily, this is not one of them. I almost quit reading near the beginning, and am glad I didn't. An interesting take on spiritual / dead / afterlife fantasy.
Anni
Well, I'm not sure if I liked this one. From the beginning I thought it was weird to read but...still read it...just weird!
Carly
Carly rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2016
bob cotrell
bob cotrell rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Athena
Athena rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Ashley Hicks
Ashley Hicks rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2013
sandra m rush
sandra m rush rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Maranda Peggs
Maranda Peggs rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Michael J. Rotchford
Michael J. Rotchford rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Jennifer Polys fowler
Jennifer Polys fowler rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
Joanne Greenwood
Joanne Greenwood rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Karinna
Karinna rated it liked it
May 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Whispers of the Sprite (The Whispers, #1)
  • Heaven High (East Lake Series #1)
  • Pulse (Club Grit Trilogy, #1)
  • Marked By Destiny (Hidden Secrets, #2)
  • L'Envol du Dragon Rouge (Les Gardiens de Légendes, #1)
  • Fall Girl
  • Spades
  • Enchanted Castle
  • The Magic of Highland Dragons (The Clan MacCoinnach, #1)
  • Dark Union (Descent, #3)
  • Awakened (Cursed Magic, #2)
  • Ghost Unbroken
  • Twin Souls (Twin Souls, #1)
  • Confidential
  • Paradox Child (Paradox Child, #1)
  • Afterlife Academy
  • Bear Heart (Klawdia, #1)
  • The Secret