Start by marking “She And Allan (She Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
She And Allan (She Trilogy)

She And Allan (Allan Quatermain #11)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  302 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This latest Pulp Fiction novel is the final instalment of the spine-chilling She trilogy.'
Paperback
Published November 1st 1998 by Pulp Publications (first published 1920)

To ask other readers questions about She And Allan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She And Allan

John
If SHE AND ALLAN were my first H. Rider Haggard novel, I would have enjoyed it a good deal more. It's a good book, but almost everything in it is a variation on other stuff Haggard had written. The end result is entertaining enough, but feels predictable and rote.
The most interesting thing about SHE AND ALLAN is that it pulls together characters from three different series. However, my feelings about this are mixed, as I've never been a big fan of Haggard's SHE novels. And, certainly, SHE AND AL
Russell
Haggard combines two of his best creations into a crossover novel. I liked it, but not as much as his other novels.
The format didn't work as well as I thought it should have, Allan is too incredulous of anything not material and Ayesha is too otherworldly for them to mix together in a way that works as well as they do in their own novels.
However, that said, Haggard gets to tell another adventure story that he does so well, he can expand on Ayesha's mercurial character and let Allan do what he do
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Oct 24, 2012 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ayesha Fans and Completists
This is the weakest of the four She novels. Ayesha, known as She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed first appeared in serial form from 1896 to 1897 in the novel She: Along with King Solomon's Mines, which featured Allan Quartermain, She is Haggard's most popular and famous novel. So this is a kind of crossover. Batman Meets Superman or Godzilla versus King Kong or Alien versus Predator. And there are moments of humor in this irresistible force meets immovable object. But this left me pretty meh, even as an over ...more
Janet Logan
Not only is this, as noted by others, the weakest of the She novels I have read so far, but truly it was often unpleasant. Allan is a man of his time, for certain. He is a true to his core misogynist. His frequent comments of the weakness and flaws of all women is at best distracting, and at worst disruptive, of what could have been a decent adventure tale.
Nile
a different perspective from She.......
Stephen
This is book 11 in the Allan Quatarmain series and (I believe) book 3 in the She series. It was a crossover of Haggard's two most popular characters, however this one just didn't have the same kick that the other She books had. I liked the Ayesha character, she was a strong female character in a time where strong female characters were in short supply, I'd recommend reading the She series in order. That way the reader can get to know Ayesha before this one.

Rob
I anticipated this as going to be a drag, but was surprised. It's interesting to 'watch' Quatermain try to match wits with Ayesha, to say the least. Now I think I'll have to re-read She just to see how these two match up.
Kaikobad Zico
Sir Haggard at his descriptive best with two of his most famous characters Allan Quatermain & Ayesha...what else do you need?
Suzette
An entertaining read about supernatural beings, earthly inhabitants and their journey in Quartermain's life.
Jim
Not one of Haggards best probably answering some public desire to put his most famous characters in one book
Danice
One of the three books featuring Allen Quartermain and She.
Kevin
Haggard never fails to deliver entertainment.
Riff Denbow
Riff Denbow marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Sabbir
Sabbir added it
Jan 24, 2015
Kishi
Kishi marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Dean Pontifex
Dean Pontifex marked it as to-read
Jobeth Jennifer Tampus
Jobeth Jennifer Tampus marked it as to-read
Aria Sedai
Aria Sedai marked it as to-read
Rafiq
Rafiq marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Zeffrey mahmud
Zeffrey mahmud marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
  • Spacer and Rat
  • Brush Up Your Shakespeare!
  • The Star Fox
  • Swing: A Mystery
  • Accomodating Brocolli in the Cemetary: Or Why Can't Anybody Spell
  • The Gathering Flame
  • Poison Penmanship: The Gentle Art of Muckraking
  • The Chick is in the Mail (Chicks in Chainmail, #4)
  • Zulu Heart (Lion's Blood, #2)
  • Winged Pharaoh
  • From the Earth to the Moon and 'Round the Moon
  • The Shadow of Ararat (Oath of Empire #1)
  • The Empire of Darkness (Queen of Freedom, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits
Sir Henry Rider Haggard was an English writer of adventure novels set in exotic locations, predominantly Africa, and the creator of the Lost World literary genre. His stories, situated at the lighter end of the scale of Victorian literature, continue to be popular and influential. He was also involved in agricultural reform and improvement in the British Empire.

His breakout novel was King Solomon
More about H. Rider Haggard...

Allan Quatermain (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • King Solomon's Mines (Allan Quatermain, #1)
  • Allan Quatermain
  • Allan and the Holy Flower
  • The Ivory Child
  • Finished
  • The Ancient Allan
King Solomon's Mines (Allan Quatermain, #1) She (She, #1) Allan Quatermain The People of the Mist Ayesha: The Return of She