Start by marking “She And Allan (She Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
She And Allan (She Trilogy)

She And Allan (Allan Quatermain #11)

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  395 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This latest Pulp Fiction novel is the final instalment of the spine-chilling She trilogy.'
Paperback
Published November 1st 1998 by Pulp Publications (first published 1920)

To ask other readers questions about She And Allan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She And Allan

John
Nov 09, 2014 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, pulp
If SHE AND ALLAN were my first H. Rider Haggard novel, I would have enjoyed it a good deal more. It's a good book, but almost everything in it is a variation on other stuff Haggard had written. The end result is entertaining enough, but feels predictable and rote.
The most interesting thing about SHE AND ALLAN is that it pulls together characters from three different series. However, my feelings about this are mixed, as I've never been a big fan of Haggard's SHE novels. And, certainly, SHE AND AL
Russell
Haggard combines two of his best creations into a crossover novel. I liked it, but not as much as his other novels.
The format didn't work as well as I thought it should have, Allan is too incredulous of anything not material and Ayesha is too otherworldly for them to mix together in a way that works as well as they do in their own novels.
However, that said, Haggard gets to tell another adventure story that he does so well, he can expand on Ayesha's mercurial character and let Allan do what he do
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Oct 24, 2012 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ayesha Fans and Completists
This is the weakest of the four She novels. Ayesha, known as She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed first appeared in serial form from 1896 to 1897 in the novel She: Along with King Solomon's Mines, which featured Allan Quartermain, She is Haggard's most popular and famous novel. So this is a kind of crossover. Batman Meets Superman or Godzilla versus King Kong or Alien versus Predator. And there are moments of humor in this irresistible force meets immovable object. But this left me pretty meh, even as an over ...more
Janet Logan
Not only is this, as noted by others, the weakest of the She novels I have read so far, but truly it was often unpleasant. Allan is a man of his time, for certain. He is a true to his core misogynist. His frequent comments of the weakness and flaws of all women is at best distracting, and at worst disruptive, of what could have been a decent adventure tale.
Nile
Jul 15, 2014 Nile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a different perspective from She.......
Stephen
Aug 20, 2013 Stephen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is book 11 in the Allan Quatarmain series and (I believe) book 3 in the She series. It was a crossover of Haggard's two most popular characters, however this one just didn't have the same kick that the other She books had. I liked the Ayesha character, she was a strong female character in a time where strong female characters were in short supply, I'd recommend reading the She series in order. That way the reader can get to know Ayesha before this one.

Madhura
Feb 13, 2015 Madhura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Although it unites Haggards's two most popular characters, Allan and Ayesha, the book is predominantly of Allan's adventures. 3 stars only because you get to read about Ayesha again -- otherwise I'd rate it 2 because later in the book Allan's skepticism sounds more like stupidity to me. Looking forward to read the last book in "She" series. Hope to find more about Ayesha in it.
Rob
Mar 12, 2011 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I anticipated this as going to be a drag, but was surprised. It's interesting to 'watch' Quatermain try to match wits with Ayesha, to say the least. Now I think I'll have to re-read She just to see how these two match up.
Michele
A fun read, but too little attention on She and too much on Sahib Quatermain and the killing of various things. My least favorite of the She series.
Kaikobad Zico
May 12, 2012 Kaikobad Zico rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sir Haggard at his descriptive best with two of his most famous characters Allan Quatermain & Ayesha...what else do you need?
Suzette
Dec 24, 2012 Suzette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining read about supernatural beings, earthly inhabitants and their journey in Quartermain's life.
Jim
Jul 29, 2007 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of Haggards best probably answering some public desire to put his most famous characters in one book
Danice
Jan 07, 2015 Danice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the three books featuring Allen Quartermain and She.
Kevin
Apr 11, 2011 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haggard never fails to deliver entertainment.
Lindsey Mielke
Lindsey Mielke marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Uzma
Uzma rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Daniel Griffin
Daniel Griffin marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Chuck Greenwood
Chuck Greenwood marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Kazi Moitry
Kazi Moitry rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Tayeba Zaman
Tayeba Zaman rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Safkat Nirjash
Safkat Nirjash rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
ade
ade rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Isaac Miftuv
Isaac Miftuv rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
dusty
dusty rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Kazi
Kazi rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2016
Shannon Claridge
Shannon Claridge marked it as to-read
Simon
Simon marked it as to-read
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
  • Brush Up Your Shakespeare!
  • Spacer and Rat
  • The Gathering Flame
  • The Blue Hawk
  • Witch Wood
  • For the Love of Philae
  • The Storm of Heaven (Oath of Empire #3)
  • Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny
  • From the Earth to the Moon and 'Round the Moon
  • The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits
  • Kings in Hell (Heroes in Hell, #4)
  • Winged Pharaoh
  • The Anubis Murders
  • The Chick is in the Mail (Chicks in Chainmail, #4)
Sir Henry Rider Haggard was an English writer of adventure novels set in exotic locations, predominantly Africa, and the creator of the Lost World literary genre. His stories, situated at the lighter end of the scale of Victorian literature, continue to be popular and influential. He was also involved in agricultural reform and improvement in the British Empire.

His breakout novel was King Solomon
More about H. Rider Haggard...

Allan Quatermain (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • King Solomon's Mines (Allan Quatermain, #1)
  • Allan Quatermain