Start by marking “The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition” as Want to Read:
The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition

The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition

In this new edition of the #1 bestseller The 17 Day Diet, Dr. Mike Moreno includes new chapters on supplements and exercise and more than 30 new recipes to help you achieve results fast and effectively.

The # 1 bestselling diet is now supercharged!

Since Dr. Mike Moreno first published The 17 Day Diet in 2010, millions of people have lost weight using his fast, safe, and ext
Published December 31st 2013 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 17 Day Diet Breakthrough Edition

thewanderingjew
Jan 21, 2014 thewanderingjew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Dr. Moreno has designed a diet for all occasions and all people. He has addressed every contingency such as culture, holidays, family, age, gender and health. He wants to persuade the reader to have a healthier lifestyle, to choose healthier food options and to exercise to increase metabolism and weight loss, encouraging the beneficial effects to overall health. He offers the dieter advice on minerals and supplements required by the body for optimal health. He emphasizes the use of lean protein, ...more
Emily
Jan 29, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
I read this in a day. I can't wait to try his eating plan. it is healthy (nothing weird) and uses ingredients that I can find at the commissary (important for me). I like this book because it is simple, the advice is stuff my sister agrees with (physical trainer) and it shows you how to eat healthy for life. also, the Dr sounds like a person who cares about his patients. after one of his diabetes patient's suffered setbacks because her walking partner quit walking with her, Dr Mike started ...more
One-Click
Sep 12, 2015 One-Click rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-own-it, diet
I bought the Kindle version of this book, and it has a lot of great recipes, so I think I'd rather have a print version for cooking purposes.

Love this diet. My hubby and I have been doing this for four months now. There's been a lot of traveling and we've ended up with a lot of travel eating (and drinking) in there, but it's so easy to get back on and I find myself WANTING to be back on the diet because I feel so much better when I'm eating this way. We've been mostly on cycle one and two becaus
Cheryl
Apr 16, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This book has a very clear diet laid out for the reader with a list of foods you eat to burn fat. You are allowed lean meat, cleansing vegetables, some low sugar fruits, and some probiotic foods.
There are daily sample menus, inspiring stories, and information on supplements and other fat burning information. Also included are recipes and exercise information. He also provides information on an optional fasting day using liquid smoothies to accelerate fat loss. I like the way the book is laid ou
Keisha
Jan 18, 2014 Keisha rated it really liked it
*Won from goodreads giveaway*

I'm actually trying out the whole diet thing. I went shopping and got all the things I felt I could actually stand eating and it's still early on but so far I find this book really helpful especially with all the things I already know about health and weight loss. I love the optional fasting day. I feel like I have more energy but I've always known that eating better leaves you feeling better. So all I can say so far is that I'm enjoying it and the smoothies are actu
Autumn
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. I really enjoyed the book and thought the tone was nice. He wrote it to where you did not have to be a doctor to understand what he was saying. I can see how in a few years this could be dated because of the pop culture references he made. The idea behind the book seems simple enough, and I could see how you could easily follow this plan. I may even give it a try later. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and give it 5 stars.
Judie
Jan 30, 2014 Judie rated it it was amazing
This book has a no-nonsense approach to a very healthy eating lifestyle. I found the book easy to read and I enjoyed his humor that he sprinkled throughout. I am a busy entrepreneur, and I find his advise is straight forward and easy to implement. I have already started this new eating approach and look forward to great results! Thank you very much Dr. Mike!
Rebecca Trotter
May 14, 2014 Rebecca Trotter rated it it was amazing
Excellent premise to get someone who does not care about losing weight, to lose weight: you can do anything for 17 days, can't you?

The 17 Day Diet probably saved my spouse's life.

Thank you Dr Mike!
Susan
Jul 03, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
What's to say? It's a diet book. It dragged on and on from the beginning and I had trouble focusing or seeing how it differed much from South Beach. It was highly recommended but think I will give it a miss.
J M
Feb 11, 2014 J M rated it it was amazing
Thank you Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program. This is an excellent resource for dieting, every page gives direction and detailed explanation on how to maximize your weight loss. I recommend this book to everyone.
Susan
Apr 25, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is an easy to follow diet. There are recipes throughout the book, including a list of spices to make veggies taste great. There are sections for dining out, dealing with holidays, and family challenges. Also included is a 17 minute spot reduction workout which stresses a walking program.
Vickie Pon
Dec 07, 2014 Vickie Pon rated it it was amazing
Excellent way to jump start any diet and exercise plan, and provides great tips for clean eating. Highly recommend this book!
Kaite
May 15, 2014 Kaite rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program and think that it has a lot of useful information about dieting. I would recommend it to everyone who is trying to loose weight.
Susan Bellue
Susan Bellue rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Jennifer Anton
Jennifer Anton rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Dillian Graden
Dillian Graden rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Lenny Paterson
Lenny Paterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Bibliomaniac
Bibliomaniac rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2015
xuan luo
xuan luo rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
glynis albue
glynis albue rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Stephania
Stephania rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Rebecca Luther
Rebecca Luther rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Candace Ogden
Candace Ogden rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Eimermann
Eimermann rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
LeeAnn Pfister
LeeAnn Pfister rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Crystal Shemwell
Crystal Shemwell rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2015
Edie Cheng
Edie Cheng rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Maddie
Maddie rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Kendra Poulin
Kendra Poulin rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • The Sugar Smart Diet
  • Immortal Bird: A Family Memoir
  • The Real Food Reset: 30 days to lose weight, kick cravings & feel great!: Get in touch with your primal instincts, detox your body, and cleanse yourself of cravings, all with real food!
  • The New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great
  • The Short, Strange Life of Herschel Grynszpan: A Boy Avenger, a Nazi Diplomat, and a Murder in Paris
  • Gym-Free Fitness Journal
  • The 28 Days Lighter Diet: Your Monthly Plan to Lose Weight, End PMS, and Achieve Physical and Emotional Wellness
  • Paleo for Beginners: Essentials to Get Started
  • Boundaries in Marriage: Workbook
  • The Choice is Yours: Life Happens. Walking with God is a decision.
  • More Texas Stories I Like to Tell My Friends: The Tales of Adventure and Intrigue Continue from the History of the Lone Star State
  • Should I Scoop Out My Bagel?: And 99 Other Answers to Your Everyday Diet and Nutrition Questions to Help You Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Live Healthy
  • Finally Thin!: How I Lost More Than 200 Pounds and Kept Them Off--and How You Can, Too
  • Journey to the Edge of the Light: A Story of Love, Leukemia and Transformation
  • Stevie Tenderheart My Favorite Place to Be...a Coloring Book
  • A Factory of One: Applying Lean Principles to Banish Waste and Improve Your Personal Performance
  • Keep Touching

“I’m among those who believe that chocolate is an antidote for grumpiness. Everyone” 0 likes