Start by marking “The Forbidden Heart (The Forbidden, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Heart (The Forbidden, #3)

The Forbidden Heart (The Forbidden #3)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  335 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
The Forbidden series continues in this thrilling e-novella, as Emmie must reinvent herself in Paris after her older sister, a high-priced escort, suddenly disappears.

Emmie risked everything to track down her long-lost older sister, only to be left behind in Paris after Roxy finds love and escapes from her life as a high-class escort. Now in the care of her uncle, Emmie is
Published August 12th 2013 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forbidden Heart

Tez
Jul 01, 2013 Tez rated it it was ok
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Aug 12, 2013 Chantale Canadian Book Addict rated it did not like it
I used to love V.C. Andrews when I was younger but I haven't read any since about 2005.

Anyways, this novella was so boring and not well written at all. I am very dissapointed.

I do not recommend this rubbish.
Naomi
Aug 19, 2013 Naomi rated it it was ok
Meh, first off, second in series. I remember VC Andrews as being a creepy writer. This was WAY too vanilla, bland and "romancy" for my liking! Very disappointed. Let's just say it took 3 days to read 60 pages.
Delicious Strawberry
Aug 13, 2013 Delicious Strawberry rated it did not like it
Shelves: andrew-neiderman
First off, let me say that the story itself is not completely awful. It is definitely of a better caliber than previous recent series (Kindred, Heavenstone, Secrets in the Attic, Family Storms) but much is still left unanswered. With how abruptly Forbidden Sister ended, this little e-novella would have been better off printed and attached to the ending of Forbidden Sister, rather than sold separately. The story itself warrants 2, maybe 2.5 stars, but I will explain why I give this just 1.

The fac
Jillyn
Aug 12, 2013 Jillyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: V.C. Andrews fans
Shelves: ebook, requested
The Forbidden Heart is a short novella that stems from The Forbidden series. Emmie finds herself in France, wondering what to do with her life since her sister Roxy has gone away. She stays with her uncle and his life partner, and eventually catches a job opportunity, as well as the eye of a handsome Frenchman. She must recall her sister's teachings and decide how much she's willing to giveaway to the charming boy.

---

Since this is a short story, it'll be a short review as well.

There's nothing re
{eri}
Jan 21, 2014 {eri} rated it did not like it
Quite awful. Really, just horrid. GoodReads reviewer Tez summed it up best calling it by calling it "Offensive on so many levels. And just plain dodgy storytelling overall."

I'm never really expecting "new V.C. Andrews" characters to have depth anymore, but wow. Tez was right. Cultural stereotypes and fat shaming abound. It was painful to witness just how bad it/this was. "The constant and ever-present fat-shaming. EVERY CHAPTER. Almost every page. Denise is a fat waitress who's overeaten all he
Elle Esse
Jun 04, 2014 Elle Esse rated it it was ok
My Original Post

Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD!

I have read and reread everything that VCA has put out. Both the works she wrote herself and that written by ghostwriter Andrew Niederman. It's certainly true that even the real VCA wrote trash, but I have to say that slowly, each book has managed to outrank the last with it's absolute awfulness (If that is even a word. If it's not, I am making it one).

Since I have restricted myself to only reading books that I have never read before and now allowing mys
Kathryn
Mar 14, 2014 Kathryn rated it did not like it
The Forbidden Heart is a short, eBook only sequel to Virginia Andrews Forbidden Sister and acts as a bridge between Forbidden Sister and the next full-length novel in the series, Roxy's Story. Set entirely in France (thus making it the only Virginia Andrews novel to be set entirely in Europe,) Fobidden Heart picks up where Forbidden Sister ends, it tells us what happens to Emmie after she was abandoned by her sister in Paris. She is now living with her uncle and his partner, has made a new frien ...more
Ionia
Sep 14, 2013 Ionia rated it liked it
My honest opinion of this story was that, while the characters were interesting, the story seemed a bit disjointed. I felt for a book of this length, it would have been better to stick with a few events and focus more on the relationships between the characters and the overall health of the story than to veer off into other avenues as this did.

The main character was indecisive and at times even a bit rude to the other lead female character. I never quite understood what was going on in her mind
Jodie Angeline Lee
Aug 20, 2014 Jodie Angeline Lee rated it liked it
I've given this 3 stars only because I was annoyed that it was so short. I'd like to have read more about Emmie and her life in Paris and seen a glimpse into her future as an adult and even reuniting with her sister again.

It was a great story just too short. It started off several plot lines but didn't see any through which is a shame. I think it could have been expanded into a full novel quite easily.
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
2 stars
This novella was more like a prequel to a series or book, regardless there is more to come of these characters. It was very short and basically introduced characters. We find out that Ellie’s parents died and her sister Roxy, who happens to be an escort, takes her to Paris and leaves her with her gay uncle and his partner.
I had several problems with this story. Just as it starts getting good it ends; no closure, open ended in a way, that’s why I fell this must be a prequel. Also, all th
Ty Barnett
I am sorry but I can't rate this book. It was a disappointment. This is book is only 80 pages and I bought it for my kindle. The story has no ending. You don't find out what happens to either sister. I gave the other books a good review but this one I can't.
Rebecca S. Waddell
Short, only somewhat wraps up story.

I would rate this book as only okay. several grammatical errors and spelling ... not used to that with VC Andrews titles. Short book which did not fully close out series.
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
Nov 28, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Connie
Jun 13, 2014 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like this was cut off in the middle of the story. this being the last book in this series it should have wrapped up everything, but it just drops off. Very disappointing.
Julie York
Mar 30, 2014 Julie York rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Forbidden Heart

The Forbidden Heart

I would like to read it again. I would like to re-read this book now. It was definitely a page Turner!
Eneida Diaz
Disappointed

Is there some sort of continuation where Emmie and Roxy reunite? What an abrupt ending! There was no resolution at all.
Sherian Waggoner
Great

It was a great book and I enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed reading all the Forbidden Series. I love the plots in them.
Laura Pratt
Jul 30, 2013 Laura Pratt rated it liked it
After finding her sister Roxie, Emmie is left to live with her uncle and his partner in Paris. Working at a restaurant, she makes friends with Denise and her cousin Vincent. Will she be able to rebuild her life in a new country and with new friends.

This is a short novella sequel to "Forbidden Sister". This book is able to be a stand alone though with the story not needing a lot of background information from the first book. The ending does leave you hanging though. It will be interesting to see
Felicia
Feb 08, 2016 Felicia rated it it was ok
Wayyy too short. It short story was incomplete. It was not worth the $0.99 that I paid for it.
Marnie
Mar 03, 2014 Marnie rated it did not like it
Shelves: drama
And this book filtered into the series how? Shame on you author!! I would like to see another novel about how the forbidden sisters really ends..
Sylvia Hunt
It was an ok novella.

I know it was a novella but it could have gone a little deeper into the story. Personally I think they should have came out with this as a full length novel after Roxy's Story.
Bev Spiller
Jun 06, 2014 Bev Spiller rated it liked it
more background to the first book
Dayna
Oct 02, 2013 Dayna rated it did not like it
I was utterly and completely disappointed in this novella. It was way too short in my opinion and I was hoping to get to know the new characters a little better. The story made almost no progression and ended on what I would call a boring and uneventful base. I expected much more from the ghost writer and was taken by complete surprise at this sad attempt to look into the life of Emmie in Paris.

1 star because the story did not progress at all.

I wish I hadn't wasted my money on this novella.
Lorin
Sep 24, 2013 Lorin rated it liked it
A very interesting read. It was a little slow to start and to form a bond with the characters but towards the end I did want to know more about them and was disappointed when the book finished so quickly. Really felt for Denise the most and what a sad existence she was living. Vincent seems to be way too big for his boots really. I need to read the other books to appreciate this one. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for allowing access to the book to review it.
Ashley
All the drama of a V.C. Andrews novels wrapped up in 60 pages. There's betrayed trust, family drama (including more than one family), lies, and a brewing romance. Though I haven't read Forbidden Sister, I feel like I already knew the characters with the rich descriptions and dialogue. I love that this story is set out of country, unlike her other series. The reader gets to explore France right along with the characters.
Kristina
Nov 19, 2013 Kristina rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: v.c. Andrews fans
It was as good as the other 2. I do wish it had been longer. Also I hope their will be more in this series, I loved them. I love the conflict rocky has and wish we knew more of what exactly happened after she left her sister with her uncle.
Cammie
Sep 22, 2013 Cammie rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
This may finally be the one that gets me to break up with VC Andrews. Which I should have done when she was no longer writing the books. But I kept hoping.
Rachel
Oct 12, 2013 Rachel rated it it was ok
This would have had potential if it were penned as a full novel. Much was left unanswered.
Nook/Kindle/E form only??? 2 3 Sep 09, 2015 09:38PM
  • Secrets of the Southern Belle: How to Be Nice, Work Hard, Look Pretty, Have Fun, and Never Have an Off Moment
  • Married at Fourteen: A True Story
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 2 (Pure Sin, #1.2)
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • The Crimes of Jack The Ripper
  • The Truth about the Titanic
  • A Hidden Affair (Jordan Weiss, #2)
  • Scattered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoors
  • Blood Justice: The True Story of Multiple Murder and a Family's Revenge
  • The Sensory Child Gets Organized: Proven Systems for Rigid, Anxious, or Distracted Kids
  • Kissing in Italian (Flirting in Italian, #2)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • The Witch With The Glitch
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

The Forbidden (3 books)
  • Forbidden Sister (The Forbidden, #1)
  • Roxy's Story (The Forbidden, #2)