Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #6)

Time to Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper #6)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  22 reviews
THE TERROR.

An American accountant is murdered in his Maryland home by Iranian assassins. A goodwill visit to Cairo by Iran’s national soccer team ends in a bloodbath. Egyptian missiles rain down on an Iranian Navy ship in the Red Sea—and Iran retaliates by landing elite troops at a popular Egyptian resort and attacking tourist hotels. The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march...more
Published January 28th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 7th 2013)

Cheryl
I have never read any books by either of these authors. This is my first introduction to what this duo can do together. I have to say that I was very impressed. So much so that I can't wait to read the next book and the prior novels by these authors. I pretty much read this book in one day. I felt like I was there every step of the way with Kyle. I was a little surprised that he did not pick up on the enemy sooner but not enough to know I would not want to tangle with him anytime soon.

A sign of...more
Hannah
Gunnery Sergeant Kyle Swanson gets called away from his luxurious vacation when the big boss calls him in on urgent business. Only, the subject they were to meet up with is assassinated. With Swanson on the scene, it is quickly discovered that whatever this man discovered, it was way bigger than first anticipated.
Kyle Swanson gets thrown into the mission of his life when a valuable source by the name of Pharaoh gets thrown into the equation. Unknown at the time, this Pharaoh is a very busy man;...more
Tom Tischler
A chain of events begins in the Middle East. The Sphinx a
symbol of Egypt's history is blown up. A visit to Cairo by
Iran's soccer team turns into a bloodbath. Egyptian missiles
sink an Iranian vessel in the Red Sea. Forces are at work
behind the scenes trying o provoke a war between Egypt and
Iran. A war that would certainly result in an Iranian victory
with them in control of the Suez Canal. Behind this plot is a
double agent known as The Pharaoh and he wants to establish
an Islamic regime on Israe...more
Alicia
It was ok. The characters were a bit undeveloped and stilted, but the action sequences were good. I didn't fall into this one like I do with the Jack Reacher stories, and I probably won't go out of my way to find more by this author.
Renee
Finished sometime in March -- catching up on reviews.
This series keeps ratcheting up both the action and the plausibility of the situations as it goes along. Sniper Kyle Swanson is a super-soldier (not chemically enhanced or any of that) and that is part of the belief that you must suspend to enjoy this series. Much like Jack Reacher, in a smaller package, Kyle can see things others cannot and can accomplish things whole armies cannot. Unlike Reacher, Swanson has a tight-knit groups of supportin...more
Peter Fortune
Kyle Swanson is a U. S. Marine Gunnery Sergeant. Winner of the Medal of Honor, the Navy Cross, and two Silver Stars, Swanson is the sniper on Task Force Trident, a team tasked with the most covert of black ops. His interrupted vacation in California comes with a phone call to immediately come to Maryland to meet with an unnamed contact. But the contact is killed before Swanson arrives—and so begins a story that sends Swanson to the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el Sheikh to contact the Pharoah,...more
Wayne
This was the sixth book written by Jack Coughlin with Kyle Swanson as the lead character. In this story the Iranians were working under cover with the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood to overthrow the Egyptian Government. Iran arranges attacks on their own resources to spread the idea that Egypt was starting a war. In so doing Iran with the support of the Muslim Brotherhood invaded a southern Egyptian port. Things get interesting because Swanson had just teamed up with the British M16 and were in thi...more
Nick Brett
If you enjoyed the previous books in the series, you will enjoy this one.

Kyle Swanson, Marine sniper and James Bond rolled into one is called into action in Egypt. In a slightly daft plot dodgy Iranians are trying to provoke war with Egypt or at least provoke events so they can send in troops. Luckily Super Kyle is in situ and is able to wage (a pretty entertaining) one man war against Iranian troops who have manipulated a force into Egypt. Yep some over the top characters and some loose ends (a...more
Chris
Kyle Swanson is a one man insurgency in this story about an Iranian power grab for Egypt that could be right out of today's headlines. This is like Tom Clancy but without all the bombast and verbosity, aka Tom Clancy Lite. These are concise and action packed tales that come close to incredulity but resound with reality. I like too how they recall him off annual leave for a mission on his last day. It couldn't wait until the next morning when he was scheduled to fly back. But there's a mistake th...more
Lane
a fast paced story, maybe a little over the top but interesting.
Heather
Okay story, but trite characters. The story is not complex and the women characters are one dimensional. There's an underlying hint of misogyny. The one woman character who could be seen as strong and is also on the main character's elite Trident squad is quickly diminished as just another "lay" when Kyle's first thoughts and comments to her are about how they slept together once. Ack! Skip it.
Connie
This was a good action packed novel.

A couple of comments stated that the character development was lacking, and I agree. But I actually liked that, it was a good action story, I didn't need all the background, thoughts and blah, blah, blah. I also liked the pace, I feel that Tom Clancy could take a lesson from Jack.
Jason Fryer
This seemed like a shorter and less dramatic Kyle Swanson novel than most of the others. While I truly enjoyed the sections about his personal guerrilla war the whole novel seemed to be more of a what-if discussion than a novel. Still an entertaining read, just not quite as engrossing as some of the others.
Abby Matisse
I've clearly been on an action thriller reading bender for a few weeks. But loved this one. I enjoy the whole series. The sniper aspect--getting into his head and how he thinks--makes it different from the typical kick ass action/spy hero.
Michael P.
Good story with plot having implications in the settings with the real crisis in the Middle East. Author grabbing front page news headlines to create a credible and believable plot..
Paul Chandler
Once again another gripping book from Jack Coughlin. I have never read so many books from one author that has capture my attention more and more then Jack Coughlin's Kyle Swanson.
J. Andrew
Not the best. Basically a thriller novel, with some military jargon thrown in just to sound authentic and a few more detailed gory descriptions than necessary.
Justin
Gave up halfway through. The dialog was terrible. Pure exposition at every turn. Every speech was given by a story robot.
Jim
Nov 08, 2013 Jim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jim by: Previous novels.
Another Great novel by this author. I will impatiently wait for the next novel about this bad ass Marine.
Terry
Great story line but getting tired of the main character's attitude toward women.
Ryan Hillis
Good thriller about the Middle East: a war between Egypt and Iran
Chuck Ledger
Very nice balance of action and intrigue.
PWRL
Aug 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
James Phillipson-lowe
James Phillipson-lowe marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jonas Eckert
Jonas Eckert marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
132058
Gunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin’s autobiography, Shooter, describes his experiences as the top-ranked marine sniper in the Iraq War.

Coughlin is also the author, with Donald A. Davis, of the Kyle Swanson Sniper Novels: Kill Zone, Dead Shot, Clean Kill, and An Act of Treason.

Coughlin grew up in Waltham, Massachusetts, and joined the Marines when he was 19. He served with the Marines during the drive to...more
More about Jack Coughlin...
Shooter: The Autobiography of the Top-Ranked Marine Sniper Kill Zone (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #1) Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2) Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3) An Act of Treason (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #4)